• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 7 night Med cruise has been marked down for this September

CinderellaDreamer

DIS Veteran
I wish we could go! Our family of 5 could sail with a verandah for $8400. The sail dates are for after school: 9/3 and 9/10. Our fall break doesn't start until 9/17. (Cause that is our only hold up...the kids being in school, not the additional cost of flights, excursions, etc. - ha!) ;)

I sure would love to to do it. A mediterranean cruise would be a dream come true!

How old are your children? I personally think that $8,400 for a 7-night cruise is high. There are other cruise lines with better pricing but, of course, they're not Disney. Or maybe go with an oceanview.

I would jump on it but I am already going on the TA on 9/17....would love to add the 9/10 but don't think my family would appreciate me being gone for 3 straight weeks!!

MJ

I was looking for fun about a month ago and I saw that the prices for those two were quite low. We booked the one for the 10th! :) Cannot wait!

if your kids are not yet in middle school, you should not hesitate about taking them out of school. Even Middle School I would strongly consider pulling the kids. I wish we did it more often with our children!!! They always did their homework and were ALWAYS 3 or 4 weeks ahead of their classmate after "missing" a week of school (yea it was that bad).

We found the biggest problem with missing school was NOT the academic's but it was the sports and other activities that caused any issues.

("We gotta have High Schools, otherwise there wouldn't be any High School Sports!!!") :sad2::eek::crazy2:

If I weren't already booked on the August ABD to Alaska and the Oct Magic out of NY, I would be on that boat!

How old are your children? I personally think that $8,400 for a 7-night cruise is high. There are other cruise lines with better pricing but, of course, they're not Disney. Or maybe go with an oceanview.
8400 a good price???:faint: You could sail on the New Carnival vista 8 day or 10 day with 2 rooms for half that. It sails sep 23. I guess my definition of a good deal is wayyyyy different then most peoples. Ill never get used to what people are willing to pay to sail on the mouse. Especially on an old ship.

My kids are in high school and middle school. So it matters if they miss, otherwise, I would not have a problem pulling them out for a really good deal. They have 'seat time' requirements in high school with a minimal number of absences before losing credit for the class.

I think it's a good price considering how much I am paying for my 7 night Western Caribbean cruise. And I personally think Disney will be worth it. Especially for my first cruise. But it is not a great price when you have to pay for the air fare on top of the cruise price. Airfare for five people.

My kids are in high school and middle school. So it matters if they miss, otherwise, I would not have a problem pulling them out for a really good deal. They have 'seat time' requirements in high school with a minimal number of absences before losing credit for the class.

I think it's a good price considering how much I am paying for my 7 night Western Caribbean cruise. And I personally think Disney will be worth it. Especially for my first cruise. But it is not a great price when you have to pay for the air fare on top of the cruise price. Airfare for five people.
After just doing a Mediterranean last month, I wouldn't spend the money for DCL now. You're in port pretty much all day everyday and exhausted when you get back on the ship. That said, that's a great price for a DCL Mediterranean cruise.

There is a reason why the price is "low" on that cruise.
It's offseason, but it's still a high price. If you want to spend 8400 on a 7 day cruise that's fine, but I would not brag about it being a great price. If I walked into work and said "hey I just got a great deal on a 7 day med cruise. It's only 8400" They would look at me like I was nuts, and I work with a lot of high income people. I think reality get's distorted when your used to booking DCL cruises.

I'm already over in the area for a while so the airfare from the States wasn't an issue this time. Decided to book because we wont have the benefit of easy travel forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter