The 5 J's Went Back to Disney 5/23-6/4 *UPDATE 9/21!*DAY 4: MGM/LTT/MK EMH/Lotsa pics

Oh I'm so sorry about that! I would have probably been freaking out! Thank goodness I'll let the airlines ruin my luggage! :rotfl2:

I especially love reading your TR because you are staying where we will be in just 11 days!

Oh my, thank goodness no one was injured. How scary! I wish you would have posted this yesterday because I put one of those mickey straws from POR in the dishwasher last night. Needless to say, it is no longer recognizable as a mickey straw. We have had them since last sept. and I always handwash them, I thought oh it will be fine in the dishwasher. Good thing we'll be back to the world in August. Great installment, the cartop mishap was worth the wait.

Subscribing and can't wait to read more! We were there - POR AB 05/20 - 05/30 so I kept looking for you :) I'd read your pre-trip reports and was hoping to see you. Think I may have seen your van - were you in a silver Honda? - saw the Rock Hill, SC plates and told DH - "I bet that's the 5 J's!!!" :rotfl: We were in an Explorer with the back windows written on - "Headed to see the Mouse!", etc. - in case you saw ours in the lot! :)
So sorry about the luggage - thankful no one was hurt, clothes intact and that it didn't damper your hotel arrival excitement.

Sorry to hear about the luggage mishap, but luckily no one was hurt. I would always be nervous when we had to use the top carrier for our trips, but with three kids, it is sometime hard to fit everything inside the vehicle. My DH is so not into car trips anymore, but I enjoy them.

:surfweb: Can't wait to hear more, I enjoy seeing the pictures from POR, one of my favorite resorts. I hope you and your family loved it too.

Wow! :earseek:

It's a miracle that other mini van didn't roll.... glad no one was hurt!

(Every good TR starts off with a little melodrama, though!) Hope the two "sickies" :sick: felt better soon.

Looking forward to more!

Kathy

WOW! I cannot even imagine how scary that is. I worried all last year when we went from OH to Hilton Head that that would happen. Now I know it does-yikes. I am so glad no one was hurt or nothing was truly lost! But can't wait to hear about Disney!

:scared1: :scared1:

That luggage situation was definently scary. I know. That happened to us one time, only it wasn't luggage....it was our freshly chopped Christmas tree about 2 years ago :guilty: .

Just hopping on board! :surfweb: Glad no one was hurt on the road with the luggage situation! Can't wait to see what happens next!

Wow! When I asked for more this wasn't quite what I expected.:scared1:

Glad to know that no one got hurt and you managed to get your things.

Happy thoughts!

OMG!!! We had luggage trouble too! Nothing as severe as yours. Thank goodness everyone is ok. Loving the TR so far!!popcorn::

Wow~ what a trip down! Thank God no one was hurt!! I cannot wait to read more!

OMG!!!!!!!! I felt like I was there with the way you described it- you are right, you had an army of angels protecting you and others that day. I am so glad everything was alright and your contents of the luggage were intact at least - wow!
Can't wait for more.
Lesley
I can't believe you leave in TWO DAYS!! I am so excited for you, and a teensy bit jealous, too.

Subscribing! Can't wait to read more!
Welcome!!
Oh I'm so sorry about that! I would have probably been freaking out! Thank goodness I'll let the airlines ruin my luggage! :rotfl2:

I especially love reading your TR because you are staying where we will be in just 11 days!
LOL about the airlines! Jess is flying to Buffalo in 10 days :( and I need to get her some new luggage for that. Hopefully it'll survive! How exciting that you'll be at POR soon! Take me with you!

Oh my, thank goodness no one was injured. How scary! I wish you would have posted this yesterday because I put one of those mickey straws from POR in the dishwasher last night. Needless to say, it is no longer recognizable as a mickey straw. We have had them since last sept. and I always handwash them, I thought oh it will be fine in the dishwasher. Good thing we'll be back to the world in August. Great installment, the cartop mishap was worth the wait.
Sorry I was a day late! That stinks about your straws. Glad you'll be able to replace them soon! Glad you're enjoying the TR.
Subscribing and can't wait to read more! We were there - POR AB 05/20 - 05/30 so I kept looking for you :) I'd read your pre-trip reports and was hoping to see you. Think I may have seen your van - were you in a silver Honda? - saw the Rock Hill, SC plates and told DH - "I bet that's the 5 J's!!!" :rotfl: We were in an Explorer with the back windows written on - "Headed to see the Mouse!", etc. - in case you saw ours in the lot! :)
So sorry about the luggage - thankful no one was hurt, clothes intact and that it didn't damper your hotel arrival excitement.
I bet we saw each other LOL MIL's minivan is a green Dodge Caravan with a big Jesus decal on the back window. We were parked beside a white Hummer most of the trip (DH's "other" car :rotfl: he wishes!).
Sorry to hear about the luggage mishap, but luckily no one was hurt. I would always be nervous when we had to use the top carrier for our trips, but with three kids, it is sometime hard to fit everything inside the vehicle. My DH is so not into car trips anymore, but I enjoy them.

:surfweb: Can't wait to hear more, I enjoy seeing the pictures from POR, one of my favorite resorts. I hope you and your family loved it too.
Our new cartop carrier uses bolts to attach instead of straps, so it's not going anywhere! :thumbsup2 I don't mind roadtrips too much, as long as we have plenty of actual vacation time that isn't eaten up by driving. I love POR too - it's so peaceful and beautiful.
Wow! :earseek:

It's a miracle that other mini van didn't roll.... glad no one was hurt!

(Every good TR starts off with a little melodrama, though!) Hope the two "sickies" :sick: felt better soon.

Looking forward to more!

Kathy
Gotta love the drama hehe!
I am so glad you were all safe!!!!:grouphug:

NOW let's get this adventure started with a park!!popcorn::
Thank you! Coming soon I promise!

Glad to hear that no one was hurt. Can't wait for more of the TR
Thanks!

I am glad that everyone was ok!
Thank you!

WOW! I cannot even imagine how scary that is. I worried all last year when we went from OH to Hilton Head that that would happen. Now I know it does-yikes. I am so glad no one was hurt or nothing was truly lost! But can't wait to hear about Disney!
It was very scary and I don't ever want to experience anything like that again. We were very blessed though, that is for sure!

:scared1: :scared1:

That luggage situation was definently scary. I know. That happened to us one time, only it wasn't luggage....it was our freshly chopped Christmas tree about 2 years ago :guilty: .
Oh that stinks about the tree. Were you able to recover it or did you have to get a new one?

Just hopping on board! :surfweb: Glad no one was hurt on the road with the luggage situation! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Welcome! And thank you.
Wow! When I asked for more this wasn't quite what I expected.:scared1:

Glad to know that no one got hurt and you managed to get your things.

Happy thoughts!
Thank you!

OMG!!! We had luggage trouble too! Nothing as severe as yours. Thank goodness everyone is ok. Loving the TR so far!!popcorn::
What happened? I'll have to check out your TR!

Wow~ what a trip down! Thank God no one was hurt!! I cannot wait to read more!
Yes, thank God!! Stay tuned!

I hope I got everyone! I think I did!

Things have been crazy here, as usual. The boys decided to skip VBS this morning :( which makes me kinda sad. I usually help out or teach, but I am not doing anything this time, since I had no idea when I'd be working or anything when the volunteer signups came around. I feel kinda sad about that too. I love helping with VBS!

Anyway, we've had some pretty brutal T-storms the past three days that are supposed to continue all week, so I've been hesitant to have the computer on - don't want it to get zapped! We had huge hailstones today too. Scary!

I've started the first AK day in the parks installment and hope to finish it soon. Jessica leaves in 10 days to go spend 5 weeks with her dad in Buffalo. :( So I'm trying to spend as much time with her as I can. Yesterday both of my boys were on playdates after VBS, so Jess and I had lunch at the Olive Garden and went to Hobby Lobby for a while. That was fun :) It's so hard when she's gone, so I am trying to cram as much mom/daughter time in before she leaves.

So forgive me if I'm slow in getting the next installment up. I'm shooting for this weekend. TTFN!

I just found your Tr today. Glad to hear no one was hurt with the luggage carrier accident. Enjoy your time with your DD, we will all be here waiting for you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter