The 3rd Time's A Charm! A June 16-23, 2012 PTR

So sorry I haven't updated in awhile. Things have been crazy busy here getting everything ready for school. Our first day is August 5th! Yay!!!

YES I have already begun shopping for clothes!!! Well, for Shelby at least!

Epcot Day 1 (everything found on etsy):
Image1-1.jpg

Epcot Day 2 (Shelby already had the dress, a friend of mine made the bow):
46349_106971162699712_100001604873336_54469_5661845_n.jpg

Magic Kingdom Day 1 (bow & socks found on etsy, dress was given to her):
Image2-1.jpg

Animal Kingdom Day 1 (socks & bow found on etsy, I just need to find something to match!):
Image3.jpg

I'm getting excited now!!!

Now the monthly countdown chain!
On the 16th of every month, we will pull off a link & there is a fun Disney fact in it. The last link we will pull off on June 1, 2012. And of course once we hit the 100 day mark I will add the 100 Countdown day chain to the Mickey head. Here are the pics, total opposite from last year (Koby helped, Brady did nothing. This time Brady helped & Koby did nothing).

Tracing the head:
001-7.jpg

Tracing the ears:
002-5.jpg

Cutting everything out:
003-4.jpg

Gluing the ears on:
006-4.jpg

Drawing Mickey's face:
009-2.jpg

Brady & his Mickey:
012-1.jpg

The finished chain!
013-1.jpg

Koby pulling off the 1st link:
001-8.jpg

Reading the link:
002-6.jpg

IN ONE YEAR WE WILL BE AT DISNEY!!!
003-5.jpg

So July 16th, it was Brady's turn to pull off a link!
271137_234911449875647_100000703815334_778012_513587_n.jpg

The inside said "11 months to God! A statue of Roy O. Disney seated on a park bench beside Minnie Mouse is located on Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom."
284323_234911906542268_100000703815334_778013_7226642_n.jpg

Forgive the crappy pictures, they were taken on my blackberry since my camera batteries were dead.

We totally forgot about our Disney family movie night on the 16th so we will do it this weekend & then do another on August 16th, when Shelby will pull her very 1st link!

I'm glad I found your PTR! I followed your trip from last summer - congrats on going back in 2012. It will be worth the wait. The picture of your daughter with Cinderella is still the best picture!

Happy planning! I'll be following along :yay:

I'm glad I found your PTR! I followed your trip from last summer - congrats on going back in 2012. It will be worth the wait. The picture of your daughter with Cinderella is still the best picture!

Happy planning! I'll be following along :yay:

:welcome:! So glad to have you here! Thanks so much! I am so excited to go back!!! And I think it is the best picture also!

So tonight was our first Disney Family Movie Night. Besides the boys fighting, me yelling at them & me getting yelled at, it was ok I guess.

We watched
beverly-hills-chihuahua.jpg

And ate a layered Taco Salad, which was soooo good. Cheap (under $10) and quick & easy (less than 10 minutes) to cook & prepare:
001.jpg

Their activity was dress Papi and/or Chloe:
005.jpg

Here they are eating & watching the movie:
002.jpg

Shelby went lay by Brady for a few minutes:
006.jpg

After our movie it was time to do our activity. Here we are cutting out the pieces:
007.jpg

008.jpg

013.jpg

Koby with his Papi...doesn't he look thrilled?
014.jpg

Even not smiling, she is still so beautiful!
015.jpg

Shelby with her Papi & Chloe:
017.jpg

Brady with his Papi:
020.jpg

Shelby playing with all the pieces:
018.jpg

I am hoping when we do this again on the 16th, the kids will be better behaved & more into it.

Hi everyone, I am here on behalf of Joni. I am sad to say that her Uncle has passed away. Joni was very close to him, so please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. She asked me to share the information concerning his arrangements with you. Here is the information about the funeral:

Services are at the Robert Barham Family Funeral Home in Meridian, MS. The viewing starts Wednesday at 3pm to 5pm and the service starts at 5pm.

Condolences/cards/donation​s can be sent to
Mrs. Sherlie Mitchell
5090 Fox Rd
Meridian, MS 39301

And here is a link to his obituary:

James Floyd Mitchell

Once again, Joni asked me to share this with you all and let you know she will be away on Wednesday for the services. Let's keep her in our thoughts during this difficult time.

Hi everyone, I am here on behalf of Joni. I am sad to say that her Uncle has passed away. Joni was very close to him, so please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. She asked me to share the information concerning his arrangements with you. Here is the information about the funeral:

Services are at the Robert Barham Family Funeral Home in Meridian, MS. The viewing starts Wednesday at 3pm to 5pm and the service starts at 5pm.

Condolences/cards/donation​s can be sent to
Mrs. Sherlie Mitchell
5090 Fox Rd
Meridian, MS 39301

And here is a link to his obituary:

James Floyd Mitchell

Once again, Joni asked me to share this with you all and let you know she will be away on Wednesday for the services. Let's keep her in our thoughts during this difficult time.

Thanks Joni!

So for the past week I have had a swollen gland under my right ear. I blew it off honestly thinking that it was a pimple. Then I got another one under my chin. Again, blew it off thinking it was a pimple. After they both kept getting bigger & harder & actually hurt I started googling. I had no plans on going to the dr. I was just gonna blow it off. After all, it was just a pimple right? Wasn't until today when I googled "swollen gland under chin" & I saw the word Leukemia, I got scared. I called the dr's office & made my appt. The dr was wonderful today, normally I can't stand him. The nurse looked at me & said "Oh yeah they are swollen big time." That is never a good sign. So the dr checked everything out & said it could be a strep infection, but with no sore throat that isn't likely. He said with the family history of Leukemia he was gonna do a cbc with differential & also check my kidneys & liver functions because Leukemia & Lymphoma effect those areas of your body also, which I already knew. So basically I still know nothing. He put me on an antibiotic, I can't remember the name of it. I kinda went into a haze after I heard "cbc differential". Total flashbacks from my mom. I will be on the meds for a week, if it has not gone away, he wants to run more testing. If it gets bigger more testing. I should have the results of my cbc tomorrow. So the waiting game begins. My mind is flooded with all sorts of things. I"m not ready to go. I don't think I can handle cancer like my mom did. I'm only 30! Stomach is in knots & I am fighting off every single urge to break down. I look at Shelby & think that there is no way God would give her to me, to take me away from her so soon. Wait & see Joni...just wait & see....

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Just breathe. It's more than likely nothing but a bacterial infection. Honestly, the doctor probably just ordered the tests because it's easier to order them when you first come in than to find out that the antibiotic didn't work and order them then. It's also a major CYA procedure. They don't want to get slammed with malpractice suits later, so they order every test they think is applicable, the CBC with differential being one of them. That is an EXTREMELY common test. Info about that test.

:hug: :hug: :hug: It's definitely a good thing that you got it checked out, but honestly, I think he's probably just covering his bases. Do you have any other symptoms of leukemia or lymphoma? I know you have a family history of it, but are you showing any other signs? :hug: :hug: :hug: I really hope this all turns out to be just a mild infection or something. I don't pray, but I'll be thinking about you.

:flower3: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Just breathe. It's more than likely nothing but a bacterial infection. Honestly, the doctor probably just ordered the tests because it's easier to order them when you first come in than to find out that the antibiotic didn't work and order them then. It's also a major CYA procedure. They don't want to get slammed with malpractice suits later, so they order every test they think is applicable, the CBC with differential being one of them. That is an EXTREMELY common test. Info about that test.

:hug: :hug: :hug: It's definitely a good thing that you got it checked out, but honestly, I think he's probably just covering his bases. Do you have any other symptoms of leukemia or lymphoma? I know you have a family history of it, but are you showing any other signs? :hug: :hug: :hug: I really hope this all turns out to be just a mild infection or something. I don't pray, but I'll be thinking about you.

:flower3: :hug:

Thanks. I am hoping it is nothing. I do have the night sweats as he called it, very fatigued & the breathlessness. And since I am sweating at night around 5 am I am freezing.

That could also be stress, though, or related to another infection. I'm not saying don't worry, just... I really hope it's nothing. You're a wonderful person and I don't want to see you have your own battle with cancer :hug:

That could also be stress, though, or related to another infection. I'm not saying don't worry, just... I really hope it's nothing. You're a wonderful person and I don't want to see you have your own battle with cancer :hug:

That's what the dr said also. So basically until I get results from the cbc tomorrow, I won't know anything. This waiting game sucks though.

I know :( I'm waiting on results from a pap. The NP found a new cyst on my ovary during the exam and so I'm a little nervous about it, but I also know I have a history of ovarian cysts (I have PCOS), so it's likely nothing. But, that fear's still there.

:hug:

I know :( I'm waiting on results from a pap. The NP found a new cyst on my ovary during the exam and so I'm a little nervous about it, but I also know I have a history of ovarian cysts (I have PCOS), so it's likely nothing. But, that fear's still there.

:hug:

Oh yeah, and the waiting game makes your mind wander like crazy!

Yep. The "what if it's this" or "what if it's that" and the "omg what if I'm dying" cards all come to mind. :hug: I hope the antibiotics help and shrink it down.

Yeah... My grandfather died of Parkinson's, so whenever I have muscle spasms, I think "Oh god, are these early signs of Parkinson's?" So I totally get it. :hug: I really hope everything comes back okay.

On the 16th it left us with 10 months to go until our trip. And our trip is still on until we know more about my medical condition. This time it was Shelby's turn to pull off her very 1st link! Koby had to hold her since she couldn't reach, but she loved it!

0013.jpg

0023.jpg

0033.jpg

I love the look on her face in this one!
0042.jpg

Koby reading to Shelby: 10 months! Are you ready? The first annual International Flower & Garden Festival took place at Epcot in 1994.
0052.jpg

And of course Shelby reading it to mommy!
0062.jpg

Now we was supposed to have Disney Family Movie Night also, but now that since school has started I have decided to do it the weekend after the 16th so it doesn't interfere with bedtime schedules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter