The 3 sit down restaurants newbies should not miss

Jolimont

Earning My Ears
Family and I are going to Disney World for a week Jan 24-Jan 31, it'll be our first time. We've been to Disneyland and Disney Paris and had a good time, but the food was not the highlight of the trip. I've been reading these boards and many of you rave about Disney World restaurants, so I'm intriged! We love great food, especially stuff that's not run of the mill. We like to try new things and love trying specialities from around the world. So according to you, which 3 Disney World sit-down restaurants should we try? Thanks! :cake:

BOMA, in Animal Kingdom Lodge (this is a buffet, hope it qualifies and if it doesn't...then Jiko, same place)
LeCellier, Canada, World Showcase, Epcot (not unusual, just darn good)
Bietergarden, Germany, World Showcase, Epcot

Chef de France in the world showcase at Epcot

Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Spoodles on the Boardwalk

Fresh for breakfast at the Dolphin resort.

What are the ages in your group? my favorites are Boma, Brown Derby, Chefs de France & Flying Fish. But be sure to try the counter service places in WS at Epcot, it is a great way to try different foods We like Morroco, Norway & China. Have you checked out the menus at www.allearsnet.com & www.ourlaughingplace.com?

Kae

MGM fifties Prime time cafe (I am also partial to Scifi)
1900 Park fare for dinner with Cinderella
MK Crystal Palace anytime!

We have so many favorites, but our never miss places to eat are Boma (AKL) and Le Cellier (EPCOT WS). If you like something a little different, we like Wolfgang Puck's Cafe at DTD. We love to eat our way around Disney World!! Have a great time..... ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Kae said:
What are the ages in your group? my favorites are Boma, Brown Derby, Chefs de France & Flying Fish. But be sure to try the counter service places in WS at Epcot, it is a great way to try different foods We like Morroco, Norway & China. Have you checked out the menus at www.allearsnet.com & www.ourlaughingplace.com?

Kae
35, 39, and an adventurous 6yo. Thanks for your responses everyone, I'm reading menus and getting hungry!!! Keep them comin'!

artist point at wildreness lodge; jiko at animal kingdom lodge; the plaza restaurant in MK. agree w/lecellier in epcot. don't forget about brown derby in mgm. :wave:

Marrekesh in the Morrocan pavillion at WS in Epcot. Very good food, good for an adventerous palet and never crowded. PLus if you are lucky and time ti right there is a belly ddancer and musicians that preform.

The Brown Derby at MGM is a posh sit-down modeled after the original Hollywood restaurant, complete with hundreds of caricatures of famous Hollywood stars on the walls. My wife and I always arrange a "date" there when we come to MGM. We start with the Cobb Salad. This was invented at the Brown Derby, and it has changed quite a bit over the years. The Brown Derby is now about the only place where you can get it in its original form, which is so finely chopped that chefs would call it "riced." The result is a strange and wonderful concoction you could eat with a spoon, not just another salad with some avocado and bleu cheese. It's fantastic.

Main courses change and all are good. I love the rack of lamb.

For dessert, include the grapefruit cake, which is another old Hollywood recipe available nowhere else and it's wonderful.

So if your family are movie buffs, this place is not to be missed. It's romantic, authentic, and the food is fabulous.

Definitely Boma at AKL. A wonderful restaurant (well, buffet) with many choices for both the adventurous and non-adventurous.

San Angel Inn in Mexico at Epcot. I love this place. It has to have one of the nicest atmospheres at all of WDW. It also has some entrees that are a bit beyond the typical Mexican fare you find at mexican restaurants in the USA. For example, I had a dish that was a similar to a chili relleno, but it was filled with a fruit and ground pork, then topped with a walnut sauce.

California Grill at the Contemporary - Excellent food, excellent service. Menu has something for everyone. Also - great view of the magic kingdom from the 15th floor. If you time it correctly, you can see the fireworks while dining.

San Angel Inn in Mexico at Epcot. I love this place. It has to have one of the nicest atmospheres at all of WDW. It also has some entrees that are a bit beyond the typical Mexican fare you find at mexican restaurants in the USA. For example, I had a dish that was a similar to a chili relleno, but it was filled with a fruit and ground pork, then topped with a walnut sauce

I completely agree! We absolutely loved the atmosphere at the San Angel Inn. The food was wonderful and the scenery was amazing. It is really fun to arrive a few minutes early and take the boat ride first.

I'd have to pick Boma, Le Cellier and Whispering Canyon (mainly for the 6yr old.) Don't forget Beaches & Cream! What kid can resist big huge bowls of ice cream????

Artist Point... great resort, great restaurant. Go with the Salmon and a nice white wine.
Flying Fish... I always go for the char-crusted NY steak...amazing. The boardwalk is fun too.
California Grille... quality food. Check out the fantastic view of the fireworks from the observation deck of the Contemporary.

My 2 cents are...
Liberty Tree Tavern, wonderful comfort, down home type of food
Artist Point, great Salmon, Buffalo, Berry deserts
Chef de France, wonderful duck, and escargot
Le Celler, to die for cheese soup, and beef

Now if you want to try a character meal...
Crystal Palace breakfast
1900 Park Fair dinner

We live down here and eat at Disney frequently.

For sheer quality....our top three are

Jiko
California Grill
Flying Fish

For special occasions...

Victoria and Alberts...very special place, but dress code and very $$$$

Three additional favorites (but not up in that top three in our book)...

Artist Point
Yachtsmans Steakhouse
Citricos

Inside the parks...

The Brown Derby (best theme park restaurant...)

Teppanyaki...fun "Benihana type" Japanese grill where the quality is always good...and you get a show to boot.

My top three for a newbie....

50's Prime time cafe...because its so well themed. I really felt like I was part of the magic my first trip.

Alfredo's because its just too good to pass up. I love Epcot! It was a real treat for me on my first trip. I knew nothing of EPCOT at the time, and was shocked by how amazing world showcase pavillion was.

Rose and Crown. If you time it right for diner, you can watch the Fireworks.

Our 3 favorites outside the parks are:

Spoodle's on the Boardwalk
Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club
Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge

in the parks:

Le Cellier - Epcot
Rose and Crown - Epcot
Liberty Tree Tavern - MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter