• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 20th Trip

Chernadan

Earning My Ears
This is something of an anniversary for me and what better way to share in the excitement than to write up a PTR?!?

Let me begin with a bit of background. I'm Chernadan!!! The mighty!!! Ok, not so much but it sounded good. In my 34 short years of life I've been to WDW 19 times. My family made what might be considered a semi-annual pilgrimage of sorts beginning when I was four. We would pack up the sacrificial car of choice, pile into it, and leave in the wee small hours of the morning. 15 plus hours later we would arrive, slightly cranky, probably stinky, assuredly excited... in Orlando.

Although I was young I actually do remember where we stayed, the Buena Vista Villas, close to a Lake(?) Perhaps Lake Buena Vista? :confused3 I don't think those villas exist anymore except as Tree House Villas for the College International Cast Members. Although I've stayed many other places since then I will always remember those Lake Villas with a particular fondness. After all it was my first time, who could ever forget their first time at WDW? As an aside, I made my grandfather ride Dumbo with me over and over until I'm certain he must have been sick of it but he never once complained! Sainted man.

Since those long ago days my family has joined the DVC. First my parents, then me. They have points at several resorts and alas I only have points at one though that may hopefully soon change! :goodvibes We take turns staying at the different villas and while we each have our favorites for the purpose of this trip it will be all about the Boardwalk. Which brings me to the meat of this PTR!

Where? Boardwalk

When? October

Why? The Wine and Food Festival!!!!!! :banana:

Who? mom, dad, me, and my amazing and wonderful wife (mostly for putting up with another vacation to WDW w/ the 'rents... she's not a Disney girl but I'm slowly converting her)

This is an event I've been to several times now and its probably my favorite time of year to go to WDW. Christmas/New Years is also amazing but I'm a Halloween guy. The NSSHalloween is also going on at this time and it rocks!
This year there will be several new things I'm looking forward to trying/doing at the festival but I'm hoping to get some advice /recommendations from other Disney-philes about what other hidden gems they might suggest. Is it fun to hunt down the hidden mickeys? Is the cirque du soleil show worth it? What about golfing? For as many times as I've been there , there is still so much I've never done. So now that I'm planning , let the adventure begin!

**** Update: We might be staying at Yacht and Beach Club instead. Upgrading from a one bedroom to a two bedroom villa. Put on the waiting list and now we just wait and see.

Wow so now that I've spent some time on these boards :surfweb: I've had to do some re-evaluating of the places I wanted to go and things I wanted to do. :confused3

For example I've never gone to the CS @ AK and now I'm not sure I want to. I mean if its a petting zoo type thing I can probably skip that in favor of another ride on Everest! Also I've made a reservation at Il Mulino just to give it a shot. It was a toss up between Kimonos and Il Mulino but Italian won out over Sushi.

My DW and I have never seen Illuminations or Fantasmic together so thats on the list. Also does anyone know if Off-Kilter is playing again by Canada in WS? I love those guys but they never seem to be playing while I'm there. Maybe its something about October...:confused:

After reading one of the blogs about doing the World Drinking Tour at WS my wife and I want to try that. In a responsible, non doofus manner of course. I've seen too many people make fools of themselves at W&FF to let that happen! lol

Ugh, its so long until October. On the upside I should be able to walk by then. Broke my leg playing soccer in May and I've been in a cast since then. PT starts end of July so fingers crossed that it all goes well, with no complications, and I can roam WDW to my hearts content.

Here's the Itinerary Outline, I will flesh this out more:

Oct 7 Bags will be packed, ready to go.:thumbsup2

Oct 8 :drive: Virginia to catch the auto-train. Never been on this before but looking forward to it.

Oct 9 Arrive in Sanford, lunch with extended family. Then drive to WDW. Check-in @ Boardwalk, hang out by the quiet pool, DTD for a little while in the evening.

Oct 10 MK bright and early! CS at Pecos Bill for lunch. Epcot in the afternoon for grazing on W&FF to our hearts content. Illuminations in the evening. pixiedust:

Oct 11 AK morning, pool afternoon, DTD , then to Il Mulino for date night. :blush:

Oct 12 sleep in :laughing: DHS morning: new Star Tours!, pool afternoon, Epcot evening for more W&FF, pin trading!

Oct 13 Epcot morning, pool afternoon, back to Epcot evening , Le Cellier dinner

Oct 14 I really want to see Harry Potter world...d'oh!!!:eek: pack bags for the trip home :mad:

Oct 15 Last morning at WDW...no idea what to do rather than mope. Catch the train at Sanford for the ride home

Oct 16 Back in virginia...:sad2:

So I need some advice...

I broke my leg at the end of May and its healing but its so slow. Very frustrating. I can hobble around on just one crutch now but with vacation only 20 days away I'm wondering if its even a good idea to go...

Should I just tough it out and try it? The parks are huge with two good legs I don't know how much more difficult it is with just one good leg. I really don't want to use a scooter or wheelchair, I'm just not the type to do that. If I had no legs, sure.. but just one mending leg? No.

Any advice on this? Stay or go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter