The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are OVIRs that connect internally. We are here right now until tomorrow in an OVIR and there is a door to the next room. This place is awesome and we love the green cabin room!

Hello all My family and I are checking in to Vero for the first time in Sept.9/18/11 to 9/22/11. This was just a quick stay to use up some points that I couldnt bank but after reading all the post I am soooooo excited and cant wait to check out the resort. Im never able to relax at the resorts when at WDW because I feel the PULL of the parks LOL !!! We have a gardenview room is their a special request I should make ? ( I didnt have enough point for oc view :( ) TIA

Hello all My family and I are checking in to Vero for the first time in Sept.9/18/11 to 9/22/11. This was just a quick stay to use up some points that I couldnt bank but after reading all the post I am soooooo excited and cant wait to check out the resort. Im never able to relax at the resorts when at WDW because I feel the PULL of the parks LOL !!! We have a gardenview room is their a special request I should make ? ( I didnt have enough point for oc view :( ) TIA

For our first visit, we didn't have enough for an ovir, and so we had a gv room, and we enjoyed our visit enough, that we bought points there so we could have points for an ovir! (at that time didn't own any VB at all).

I hope you have a great visit! Hatching continues through October so you may be able to take a walk with a guide or CM or just go to a talk about the sea turtles that come to the Treasure Coast of FL!

Bobbi:thumbsup2

Great to know! Thanks Bobbi! So do they all have a great ocean view and a balcony? How about the 2 bedroom villas...do they have ocean views? The points are so similar for a 2 bedroom or 2 ovirs!

All the OVIR rooms (Ocean View Inn Rooms) do, but that can mean you have a unit at the end of the building and you can see the ocean off to the side from your balcony. When reserving an OVIR I always request top floor and ocean FACING. And in your case connecting rooms. Some 2 bdrm units have a view of the ocean, but probably only about 10% of them.

I prefer the top floor for view, but my second choice is 2nd floor because you can take the lobby staircase in lieu of the elevators if you prefer.

Does anyone have a recent daily activity guide they can post? I know there's one on the first page of the thread, but I have a feeling it is at least a year old. I'm trying to find out on what day(s) they might have the kayak adventure trips in mid-August. Thanks!

I am looking for an updated activity guide as well. We will be there the 1st week of Aug for the 1st time.

Is the guide on page 1 close to what I should expect? Can I make plans/reservations through the DVC 800# before I go?

Thanks!

I am looking for an updated activity guide as well. We will be there the 1st week of Aug for the 1st time.

Is the guide on page 1 close to what I should expect? Can I make plans/reservations through the DVC 800# before I go?

Thanks!

I would call the resort and ask to be connected to Ebb and Flo if possible. I called the resort when I wanted ADRs for the character breakfast.

I seem to remember a small store in the lobby area ?? and if so, can you get things like Beer, Milk and bread ?? (notice how the Beer is first on the list ;))

thanks

keliblue

I seem to remember a small store in the lobby area ?? and if so, can you get things like Beer, Milk and bread ?? (notice how the Beer is first on the list ;))

thanks

keliblue

Yes there is a store in the lobby and yes it sells beer.

...and other stuff (so I'm told)
;)

FYI, you'll find prices to still be "Disney" prices, so you may want to pick up drinks etc at the local publix.

Frankly, the view is but a small portion of the magic at VB. It doesn't matter where you are staying, you will love the atmosphere and closeness of the beach, pool, and lake. Very cool resort.

BTW... here is a Garden view from the 4th floor (facing west).

IMG_0154.jpg

Just learned today that EL TORO Tacos & Tequila (the old Patio) has closed it's doors as of the 11th of July :( .

This was openned by the Replogle family (owners of The Ocean Grill) and a really nice place to go (IMHO).

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Just learned today that EL TORO Tacos & Tequila (the old Patio) has closed it's doors as of the 11th of July :( .

This was openned by the Replogle family (owners of The Ocean Grill) and a really nice place to go (IMHO).

Just thought I'd pass this along.

We fell in love with The Ocean Grill this past summer! Can't wait to try their new place!

Hey folks,
Question regarding availability @ vero during Easter....I'm hoping to take the family down to vero for the week immediately following Easter....(Monday 4/9-Sunday 4/15)...since we're going to have my mother in law with us, we're really going to need a two bedroom villa...

How difficult is it getting a 2bedroom villa for the week right after Easter when booking at the 7-month window?

I've been watching the dvc availability threads for a while, and it seems that the studios and one bedrooms tend to go quicker than anything else....can I expect that to be the same for easter week in vero?

Any advice is appreciated....

Ok looking for good Meican down in Vero.... We tried Il Jalisco many times .... looking for something different.... Any advice?

Can anyone who's been to VB recently tell me what nights they're doing the dive-in movie?

We are here now and loving it! The movie this week is tonight (Tuesday).

The water in the ocean was so calm last week we floated for hours out there. It is rough now due to the storms at sea so we have been loving the pool.

We really enjoyed the character breakfast and pirate dinner and the Sunday brunch was awesome.

The Ocean Grill was great and we also went to Mulligan's Beach House (the Jensen Beach location though) and it was great!

We also tried the Orchid Island Pizza for pizza and stromboli and that was really good and we happened upon Villa Nova Italian Restaurant on 21st street and that was good too!

Kilwin's chocolate shop and ice cream parlor had great ice cream.

DH, DS and BIL are going deep sea fishing tomorrow on the Fort Pierce Lady. Looks like fun!

https://ladystuart.com/Fort_Pierce_Fishing.html

We may go to Bathtub Beach on Thurs but the ocean has been a bit rough so we will see (It was closed on Monday).

We may go to Bathtub Beach on Thurs but the ocean has been a bit rough so we will see (It was closed on Monday).

We tried going to Bathtub last October after some rough weather went thru and it didn't work out. Rough murky water made snorkeling a bust. We did find a disk golf course not far away so played a couple of rounds and had a great time so the day was saved :)

We are staying 3 nights in Oct prior to our cruise out of Miami. Has anyone done that and if so what is the drive time? I will have Hellen our GPS but she is not always trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter