The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always kayak at the Environmental Learning center if there's not one during your trip - it's just before the bridge that takes you to the resort - maybe 3 minutes away.
http://www.discoverelc.org/

Thanks. Do they rent kayaks there? Although I found some info. on a canoe trip during our timeframe, I'm not sure whether that will work for us (we'd have to miss the character breakfast to make the trip).

Nothing is changed... nothing is new.... those friends have always been there. They don't really like the taste of humans... so, typically, it is a mistake if they eat you. (Your mistake) :)

Oh I agree Rob. :thumbsup2
One year we were at Vero and while we were getting dressed in the room for dinner after a day on the beach we were watching TV. Saw that a young teen had been bitten by a shark at no-so-far-away Satellite Beach. Jim used to always kid me about my apprehension for the shark in the area. ;)

Hi we are considering a trip to Vero next Spring... and I am wondering, what is there to do in terms of water sports? Would there be anything (water sports or otherwise) I would need to make reservations for in advance? Also - are restaurant reservations necessary?

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Reminder to those who will be in Vero on July 8. The last space shuttle launch is scheduled for that day. Sad!

At VB now (first stay). Tremendous 1BR on 3rd floor of bldg 12! Great ocean view! The staff here is amazing. Items stored during room change were delivered (without asking) less than 10 minutes after getting into the 2nd room.

Love the access to the beach. Not nearly as crowded as I remember the Hilton Head beach at this same time of year.

Anyone know what the crowds are like at Vero right now?

We're here now, leaving tomorrow :-(

They don't seem bad to me. Pool gets kind of crowded midday, but plenty of space on the beach. I believe the resort is at 100% capacity though.

We're here now, leaving tomorrow :-(

They don't seem bad to me. Pool gets kind of crowded midday, but plenty of space on the beach. I believe the resort is at 100% capacity though.

I looked in at the pool on my way to the beach today (11:30 am). Seemed like several open chairs in both the sun and the shade.

Rocket hot on the beach until the on shore breeze kicked in at around 2pm. I wouldn't have been able to stand it without a beach umbrella.

Sad sighting just south of the resort. An injured juvenile whale washed up, bloodied by something.

I looked in at the pool on my way to the beach today (11:30 am). Seemed like several open chairs in both the sun and the shade.

Rocket hot on the beach until the on shore breeze kicked in at around 2pm. I wouldn't have been able to stand it without a beach umbrella.

Sad sighting just south of the resort. An injured juvenile whale washed up, bloodied by something.

The more I think about it, probably not a whale. Dolphin perhaps?

DH took the kids tp the beach last night and they all said it was covered in jelly fish but none of them had their tentacles so they did not sting. Strange.

Thanks for the info on the crowds.

Nothing is changed... nothing is new.... those friends have always been there.

Always there, yes, but they come closer to shore/in shallower waters from time to time. Granted, this wasn't terribly close, but it was a sighting, and those aren't incredibly common.

Newsworthy - yes.

Enough to keep me out of the ocean past my ankles? Absolutely :thumbsup2

Very sad about the whale.

DW and I are headed to Vero in a few days! It will be our first time. We will be in an OVIR. Should we make any requests? Is it worth it to do so?

Also, beach chairs. Do we need to rent them? If so, do we do that once we get there?

Can't wait. This is a Vero/BWV combination trip.

DW and I are headed to Vero in a few days! It will be our first time. We will be in an OVIR. Should we make any requests? Is it worth it to do so?

If you are interested, there are 2 OVIR that have 1 king rather than 2 queen beds. You may want to request one of these rooms. The only down side is that the balcony has a solid wall so if you sit outside you will not see the water, just the sky :goodvibes Have a great trip!!

Thanks! I think we will be fine with the 2 queens if we can see the ocean. I wonder why they would put up solid walls.

Thanks! I think we will be fine with the 2 queens if we can see the ocean. I wonder why they would put up solid walls.

It's a mystery!! If you really want an open rail balcony you might want to out that in your request...

Having a wonderful week here - the resort is just so special and magical! I love not doing anything but sitting and relaxing either by the pool or the beach. Spotted dolphins, turtles, rabbits all over. Only bad thing is how quickly these trips fly by. They gave us a great room- I really think owning here and making our reservations right at the 11 month window gives us an edge. :yay:

I see they are constructing a new resort next door. Hope it doesn't add too much traffic to the beach!

Mittelst,

It was a whale. There is an article about it in today's paper. Poor thing.

Thanks for the update. Surprised the article stated there were no visible signs of injury. I could of sworn there was blood. A very sad sight - not the way I want to observe wildlife.

Having a wonderful week here - the resort is just so special and magical! I love not doing anything but sitting and relaxing either by the pool or the beach. Spotted dolphins, turtles, rabbits all over. Only bad thing is how quickly these trips fly by. They gave us a great room- I really think owning here and making our reservations right at the 11 month window gives us an edge. :yay:

I see they are constructing a new resort next door. Hope it doesn't add too much traffic to the beach!

We just returned from 9 days at VB :-). We saw lot of wildlife too, but no dolphins. Where did you see them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter