The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do provide nice towels in the rooms ! You can exchange them at the pool area for fresh ones if you need to. But you can't check out without leaving the same amount of towels in your room that were there upon check-in. Have fun !

Thank you! I wasn't sure if the pool towels would be ok for the beach, but since you can just exchange them at the pool for fresh, we'll be set:thumbsup2

Since I am a habitual overpacker, I am glad to know that is 1 item I can leave at home.

Has anyone tried to make a reservation for the Sea Turtle walk at Sebastain Inlet State Park? We will be at Vero Beach 6/5 - 6/10 and would love to do this, just wondering how difficult it is to schedule. I will be calling tomorrow to get more info. Would love to hear from those have experience with the walks!
TIA!

We've done it in the past, and I just reserved a spot for June of this year. It is a great program and it is run by the same people that do the turtle walk at the resort (that you have to win the lottery to get in). You meet at 8:30 and attend an instructional session about turtles, then you go to beach. You wait there in the dark until they get a message that there's a nest being built and then walk to it. By the time you get there, they will have it sectioned off a bit and the red lights will be set up. You watch her lay her eggs, cover the nest, and go back to sea.

They say it can be a 1 1/2 mile walk each way and that it can last until 1am, but the time we went the nest was not very far and it only took about 20 minutes of waiting to get the call.

They take up to 6 people. Wear long sleeves/pants because the noseeums are killer.

Hmmm, I was going to call about this too but I'm thinking it might not be such a great idea for my kids. DS10 has Aspergers and I don't know that he could handle the waiting, a possible long walk and that late of a night. Darn, thought it sounded cool.

We're here right now! It is just my DH and I this trip, we had expiring points and wanted to check it out without the kids. It is HOT! The lovebugs were supposed to be about done (they told us this at check in) but our front door was covered yesterday and, because the door doesn't fit tightly, we had them everywhere in our room. We are in bldg 12, and our room definitely had the most on the door. I think it is the way the sun hits it and the fact it is in an alcove with no wind. By mid-day yesterday the bugs had left the pool and we enjoyed a few hours outside. It's also amazingly hot, so that was part of the reason we stayed in our bright sunny room to veg.

Few observations. (Background - we own at SSR and BWV and have also stayed at HHI). We started in a Studio and it really wasn't for us. We were still in Bldg 12, but on the second floor. It really felt like a basement room to us because we were in a corner and the only windows were up really high, like a basement would be. It was just dark for us. The upside was that the balcony was shaded and the bugs stayed away. We were a bit bummed, but were making the best of it. Then we decided to look at our points and start planning out our future vacations so we don't have expiring points again and realized that we had 20 points in our year that were banked but we wouldn't be using. So we upgraded to a 1 bedroom. Entirely different experience. LOVE the room! We have an ocean view (1240) and even the bugs don't diminish our love for it. We leave the vacuum plugged in by the front door and vacuum them up a few times a day. No biggie.

A word about the bugs - there are a lot. BUT... they don't bite, don't ooze or crunch when you step on them, don't stink, don't leave droppings or anything behind, die easily, sweep up easily and really aren't too big of a deal. They can be annoying and I always make sure my drinks are covered but other than that, they really aren't a terrible thing. We've talked to a few cast members who say that people get really crazy about them and want a refund on their room if there are bugs expecting Disney to do something about them. Come ON people, they're bugs! If they were mosquitoes or biting flies they'd be a problem, but these guys are pretty tame. There's just a lot of them. I feel really bad for Mousekeeping because there's no way to keep them out of the rooms.

Finally, we have the turtle chairs, brand new carpeting, new upholstery and even the tv armoire (sp?) in the Master seems to have a very faint new paint smell.

Love it here!

Finally, we have the turtle chairs, brand new carpeting, new upholstery and even the tv armoire (sp?) in the Master seems to have a very faint new paint smell.

Love it here!

Wow, you've made me more excited about our upcoming trip! I just have to get through 3 more weeks of school! We'll be in a 2 bedroom for the first time in VB.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Enjoy the weather MinnesotaChill ! A nice heat-up for you. It was 85-88 when we were there the first week of May and we LOVED it ! Sorry about the bugs. We did not see as many as you described----saw more at WDW that same week. Glad you were able to upgrade to a one bedroom ! Have fun and thanks for checking in with us :thumbsup2:)

The bugs are much better today. Our house was covered yesterday which is unusual.

They've been really bad this year.

Yippee!

Have seen only a random bug here and there. Mousekeeping/Maintenance is power washing everything to get rid of them.

We spent four hours on the beach with lounge chairs and a cabana. Breeze was wonderful! Decadent to relax in such a way with no kids to watch! When we'd had enough of the sun we gifted our daily rental to a family with two small boys that reminded me of our kids eight years ago.

Off to Captain Hiram's for dinner and AKV for one night tomorrow!

They do provide nice towels in the rooms ! You can exchange them at the pool area for fresh ones if you need to. But you can't check out without leaving the same amount of towels in your room that were there upon check-in. Have fun !

Is there a way we can keep the towels the morning we check out and turn them in when we are redy to leave? We hoped to stay around the pool and beach past the 11 a.m. check out.

Is there a way we can keep the towels the morning we check out and turn them in when we are redy to leave? We hoped to stay around the pool and beach past the 11 a.m. check out.

You'll likely be advised to leave them in the room upon check out, but I believe with your room card you should be able to get some at Ebb & Flows (and return them to there) when you leave.

HTH

Yippee!

Have seen only a random bug here and there. Mousekeeping/Maintenance is power washing everything to get rid of them.

We spent four hours on the beach with lounge chairs and a cabana. Breeze was wonderful! Decadent to relax in such a way with no kids to watch! When we'd had enough of the sun we gifted our daily rental to a family with two small boys that reminded me of our kids eight years ago.

Off to Captain Hiram's for dinner and AKV for one night tomorrow!

Yay ! Glad lovebugs are backing off.......and we had dinner at Capt Hiram's on May 4. Enjoy !

So excited- we check into VB May 25!!!!! :dance3:

Maybe we'll meet some of the other posters who will be at VB next week. Our adult DD, her DH, my DH and I are in our party. First time staying at VB! Can't wait!!

Jan

Looking forward to our first VBR stay. We arrive July 10. Can't wait! So we need to rent beach chairs? Can we do that in advance or is that not necessary?

Since we'll only be there for 3/nights/4 day and are eating at Shutters one night, which would you do for the other 2 nights? (a Mon and Tues night in June)...

-Squid Lips
-Capt' Hirams
-Mulligans
-Orchid Pizza (take-out)

We're looking for a place that's beachy/casual. It would be alright if one were fancier but at least one to be 'elbows on the table' type place...

Thanks!!!!

Since we'll only be there for 3/nights/4 day and are eating at Shutters one night, which would you do for the other 2 nights? (a Mon and Tues night in June)...

-Squid Lips
-Capt' Hirams
-Mulligans
-Orchid Pizza (take-out)

We're looking for a place that's beachy/casual. It would be alright if one were fancier but at least one to be 'elbows on the table' type place...

Thanks!!!!

We were so lazy when we were there we ate at Shutters every night except one when we were at the Green Cabin.
Changing the menu every night made us not leave.

So excited- we check into VB May 25!!!!! :dance3:

Maybe we'll meet some of the other posters who will be at VB next week. Our adult DD, her DH, my DH and I are in our party. First time staying at VB! Can't wait!!

Jan

We check in then too, but it will be later in the day. We can't wait! We are only there a few days before our cruise on the Dream. We are flying into Orlando and going to Hollywood Studios to ride Star Tours before driving down to Vero. We go around this same week every year. This will be our 8th year. Enjoy and maybe we will see you there!

We leave in a few hours for our trip to Vero:cool1: Will be there 5/22 - 5/26 then off to b2b cruise on the Dream!!! Looking foward to Vero since we have never stayed there. Been to HHI resort and really loved it so hoping Vero is just as nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter