• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a terrific slideshow! Can I ask what software program you used to create it? Thanks!

It is done through animoto.com

Since i am a professional photographer DH got the pro level for me.

I have been wanting it for a while - but something else always seemed to take priority. ;)

Updated roll call. There are now 2 entries for 2012!!!!!!

1/7 – 1/9 KAT4DISNEY
1/15 – 1/18 Brandis
1/21 – 1/26 bethsg
1/23 – 1-26 DisneyDuo
2/16 – 2/23 delauzons
2/18 – 2/21 ajkmom3
2/20 – 2/22 smacky1
2/20-2/24 MELSMICE
3/7 – 3/10 Jump4Joy8390
3/9 – 3/13 pit303
3/11 – 3/15 BernW
3/12 – 3/15 amandamcallister
3/12 – 3/18 ont/ohana
3/12 – 3/19 mickeywho?
3/12 – 3/20 Bose
3/13 – 3/19 papertraveller
3/17 – 3/20 debaudrn
3/23- 3/26 dizzneebabe
3/23 – 3/30 IggyLans
3/25 – 3/30 knothead180
3/26 – 3/28 hardingk
3/27 – 4/1 Kadorto
3/28 – 4/1 jjharts
4/2 – 4/8 Starr W.
4/3 - 4/9 Belle and Rella's Dad
4/3 – 4/9 conciergekelly
4/3 – 4/6 dznystar
4/10 – 4/14 CFedor1
4/12 – 4/18 glnrcker
4/16 – 4/21 Mahusky
4/20 – 4/22 job09
4/21 – 4/27 macphrsn
4/26 – 4/28 tlynk
5/3 – 5/5 MiaSRN62
5/28 – 6/1 PammyK
4/18 - 4/23 katdocnorf
4/28 - 4/29 wawdwluver
5/1 – 5/30 dort (off site)
5/14-5/17 DznyDreamz
5/22 – 5/26 mmmagic7754
5/22 – 5/29 csidisney
5/25 – 5-29 cmctammyg
5/25 – 5/28 JanDave
5/26 – 5-31 dis2cruise
6/1 – 6/30 starbox (off site)
6/7 – 6/11 wigdoutdismom
6/10 - 6/12 bobbiwoz
6/10 – 6/12 sarahk0204
6/11 – 6/15 irish_dancer
6/11 – 6/18 hpygrll
6/12 Lenc324
6/13 – 6/15 Arthur27
6/18 – 6/21 tinkerfan1
6/18 – 6/22 codyvt
6-19 – 6/22 TinkerbellLuvr7
6/23 – 6/26 DVC Jen
6/24 – 6/25 iloveokw
6/26 - 7/1 ddiva
6/27 – 7/6 mittelst
6/30 – 7/1 SFD998 & Cheloconnell
7/1 – 7/4 vbarry
7/13 – 7/15 MrShiny
7/15 – 7/22 FormrCastMbr
8/1 – 8/5 sadiespicks
8/3 – 8-6 Tink-n-Peter
8/5 – 8-7 gabriellyn
8/5 – 8/12 aggiemullins
8/6 – 8/13 Mahusky
8/12 – 8/15 kritter
8/29 – 9/1 smacky1
8/14 – 8/19 ellynsoh
9/6 – 9/10 Fonzy13
9/6 – 9/12 Peddler
9/9 – 9/11 amblackmon
9/28 - ??? alldiz
10/3 – 10/6 cemeb4dk
10/4 – 10/8 LittleBoPeep
10/14 – 10/16 ChrisMouse
10/16 – 10/22 treehugnmama
10/20 – 10/22 CruznLexi
10/21 – 10/27 hopefully
10/30 – 11/2 Muushka

1/15 – 1/21 bobbiwoz
4/1 – 4/5 job09

Getting excited for our trip!!

Has anyone stayed in the studios before? How are they?

Also, do they have kids clubs (like on the cruises) where the kids can do activities? I thought I had seen an activity sheet on this thread but now I can't seem to find it...

Can't wait to relax!!

Getting excited for our trip!!

Has anyone stayed in the studios before? How are they?

Also, do they have kids clubs (like on the cruises) where the kids can do activities? I thought I had seen an activity sheet on this thread but now I can't seem to find it...

Can't wait to relax!!

Looks like we are there the same time as you. We are leaving on the 26th for the cruise. This will be our first time at Vero and really looking foward to it:goodvibes

Looks like we are there the same time as you. We are leaving on the 26th for the cruise. This will be our first time at Vero and really looking foward to it:goodvibes

Its our first time there as well! We just finished a Dream cruise...but looks like I don't need to tell you how amazing the cruises are ;)

Bathtub beach question.

For those of you who have snorkeled there. Should I have the tide schedule handy. Is there snorkeling there only when the tide is in, or out?

Thanks.
Bobbi:goodvibes

Bathtub beach question.

For those of you who have snorkeled there. Should I have the tide schedule handy. Is there snorkeling there only when the tide is in, or out?

Thanks.

Please tell me all about this. I did not know there was snorkeling at VB.

we tried to find it in october and no one had heard of it there. I had the website book marked but the internet was shady and wouldn't bring it up so we ended up going to the sebastain inlet instead....it was fun but we couldn't snorkle.

we def. want to go to bathtub this fall.

We arrived 5/8/11 and are checking out tomorrow. The weather has been great but the love bugs were terrible yesterday. We could not even use the balcony and it was worse by the pool than the beach. From what I understand they don't last long but there were thousands. We are in a king ocean view inn room and the balcony is solid rather fenced so the ocean view is limited while sitting down. That said it is nice and private for this reason. We have been boogie boarding when the waves cooperate and spending a lot of time on the beach. The Green Cabin room was slow (90 min for drinks and horderves) but nice. Orchid Island Pizza next door was good and reasonable (<$14 for a large cheese with tax). We brought chairs but rented and umbrella yesterday and will do the same today. We are having a wonderful time here.

We arrived 5/8/11 and are checking out tomorrow. The weather has been great but the love bugs were terrible yesterday. We could not even use the balcony and it was worse by the pool than the beach. From what I understand they don't last long but there were thousands. We are in a king ocean view inn room and the balcony is solid rather fenced so the ocean view is limited while sitting down. That said it is nice and private for this reason. We have been boogie boarding when the waves cooperate and spending a lot of time on the beach. The Green Cabin room was slow (90 min for drinks and horderves) but nice. Orchid Island Pizza next door was good and reasonable (<$14 for a large cheese with tax). We brought chairs but rented and umbrella yesterday and will do the same today. We are having a wonderful time here.

The love bugs leave but come back around early October, and bring there new families with them :eek:

We love the king bed rooms, but have to say not the solid wall balcony. Private but when you sit down there goes the view. May actaully not request a KB next time, but specify an open rail balcony just to improve the view. Wish we were there, bugs and all!!

Can anyone post a detailed map of the resort (like the pocket map they give at check in)? Or a link to it would be great.

I want to see room numbers so I know what to request.
Thank you!

I haven't been, but here's a link.
http://www.insideflorida.com/detail/bathtub-reef-beach/

It's not right at VB....but I was reading something about tides and I was hoping that someone here who has been there could give first hand information about snorkeling.

Bathtub Reef is an amazing experience. I'd definitely say get there at high tide and go as far to the left of the lighthouse as you can go. Seriously, it is incredible. My daughter says it was the single best day of her entire life.

The one negative is there are no showers/bathrooms so you leave sandy and have to stop and rinse off down the road.

Thanks for the report! I was wondering when people would start reporting as it's the end of Spring breaks but not quite summer yet!

Bathtub Reef is an amazing experience. I'd definitely say get there at high tide and go as far to the left of the lighthouse as you can go. Seriously, it is incredible. My daughter says it was the single best day of her entire life.

The one negative is there are no showers/bathrooms so you leave sandy and have to stop and rinse off down the road.

Wow, that's some testimony! I'll pass the info on to my family, I want them to remember to bring the snorkel things to VB!

Wow, that's some testimony! I'll pass the info on to my family, I want them to remember to bring the snorkel things to VB!

Bobbi - our VB time should overlap. Would love to meet up. I will be just down the beach :goodvibes

Can anyone post a detailed map of the resort (like the pocket map they give at check in)? Or a link to it would be great.

I want to see room numbers so I know what to request.
Thank you!

This is as detailed as I have seen. Look closely and you can see the building numbers. If you are staying in the INN then choose an ocean facing room on the third or fourth floor. If you are staying in a Villa building choose the third floor on the north side of 12 or the south side of 15. Chances are you'll get what you get. VB is great no matter where you are.

VBMap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter