The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great thread.

I am planning our first trip here last week of Sept into first week of Oct. we are doing a split stay here and with WDW. I was thinking of doing Vero last, just to relax before back to reality. But was thinking of the transportation issues and doing Vero first almost seems like more sense.

Here is my thoughts can anyone tell me if this will or wont work.

Since I am booking a split stay I will have 2 reservations. If I do Vero first I will rent a car from MCO and drive to Vero. Once that stay ends I will take care back to MCO. Then that willl begin my WDW resort vacation. Can I use the magical express to take me to resort just as if I arrived then. I know I would have to take my bags on bus and what not. But my worry is I will have no incoming flight info to give them.

Thanks for any help.

Also has anyone regretted doing Vero first and pluses or minuses doing it this way?
I would probably do the opposite, especially because of the relaxation factor after being at WDW. I would do WDW first, rent a car from one of the 2 car companies on-site & then drive to Vero.

Drive to the airport from Vero & return the car on-site at the airport.

I've never done it, but I don't believe you could get ME from a resort if you are not staying there on WDW property.

So excited!!! We'll be there for the first time 3/23-3/26, then off to BWV for a week!:yay:

Now back to page 1 to read through the entire thread!!!

Final update until John returns.

1/7 – 1/9 KAT4DISNEY
1/15 – 1/18 Brandis
1/21 – 1/26 bethsg
1/23 – 1-26 DisneyDuo
2/16 – 2/23 delauzons
2/18 – 2/21 ajkmom3
2/20 – 2/22 smacky1
2/20-2/24 MELSMICE
3/7 – 3/10 Jump4Joy8390
3/9 – 3/13 pit303
3/11 – 3/15 BernW
3/12 – 3/18 ont/ohana
3/12 – 3/19 mickeywho?
3/12 – 3/20 Bose
3/17 – 3/20 debaudrn
3/23- 3/26 dizzneebabe
3/26 – 3/28 hardingk
3/27 – 4/1 Kadorto
3/28 – 4/1 jjharts
4/2 – 4/8 Starr W.
4/3 - 4/9 Belle and Rella's Dad
4/3 – 4/9 conciergekelly
4/16 – 4/21 Mahusky
6/18 – 6/21 tinkerfan1
4/18 - 4/23 katdocnorf
4/28 - 4/29 wawdwluver
5/1 – 5/30 dort (off site)
5/14-5/17 DznyDreamz
5/25 – 5-29 cmctammyg
5/25 – 5/28 JanDave
5/26 – 5-31 dis2cruise
6/1 – 6/30 starbox (off site)
6/6 – 6/11 wigdoutdismom
6/10 - 6/12 bobbiwoz
6/10 – 6/12 sarahk0204
6/11 – 6/15 irish_dancer
6/11 – 6/18 hpygrll
6/12 Lenc324
6/23 – 6/26 DVC Jen
6/24 – 6/25 iloveokw
6/26 7/1 ddiva
6/27 – 7/6 mittelst
7/1 – 7/4 vbarry
7/13 – 7/15 MrShiny
7/15 – 7/22 FormrCastMbr
8/6 – 8/13 Mahusky
8/14 – 8/19 ellynsoh

:beach:

I am planning a vacation @ this resort. Does anybody know which is the closest major airport and are there any golfing facilities around?

Check airfares at Orlando (MCO), West Palm Beach (PBI), Melbourne (MLB), and Daytona Beach (DAB). All of these airports are within 2 hours of Vero Beach. We just flew into DAB last week since the airfare was lowest. It took approx. 2 hours and was a pleasant drive. Have fun!!

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find it...

If you check in and your room isn't ready yet, can you still get pool towels?

We're arriving for our very first visit March 13 and cannot wait!

Thanks! I got through and made a reservation for the Saturday character breakfast and the Pirate dinner on Monday. I am still thinking about the Sunday brunch and seafood buffet on Thursday.

Does anyone have any reviews of these? Thanks!

We would also like to know this, if anyone can share. Didn't realize there were more theme meals during the week. We're heading off on the Magic March 19, so I guess we'll miss the character breakfast. No worries - there are some of those onboard too!

This is a great thread.

I am planning our first trip here last week of Sept into first week of Oct. we are doing a split stay here and with WDW. I was thinking of doing Vero last, just to relax before back to reality. But was thinking of the transportation issues and doing Vero first almost seems like more sense.

Since I am booking a split stay I will have 2 reservations. If I do Vero first I will rent a car from MCO and drive to Vero. Once that stay ends I will take care back to MCO. Then that willl begin my WDW resort vacation. Can I use the magical express to take me to resort just as if I arrived then. I know I would have to take my bags on bus and what not. But my worry is I will have no incoming flight info to give them.

Thanks for any help.

Also has anyone regretted doing Vero first and pluses or minuses doing it this way?

You have a couple of options. First, you could book with Alamo and simply return the car to the WDW location. The shuttle service is quick and efficient. We have done it differently each time - sometimes we check in first, sometimes we return the car and take the shuttle with our luggage to our resort. always easy. You can book ME for the one-way return journey to MCO.

We have also done a "dummy" flight number after dropping the car off at MCO, and taken ME to our resort. And honestly, dropping off onsite was a lot quicker. Way, way less hassle.

I will be at VB OVIR for only 2 nights....but they will be a glorious two nights......May 3-5 for me ! :cool1::banana::goodvibes

Originally Posted by FormrCastMbr
..... I am still thinking about the Sunday brunch and seafood buffet on Thursday.

Does anyone have any reviews of these? Thanks!

I haven't done the seafood buffet, but I won't miss the Brunch!
It's a massive, excellent feast! All manner and sorts of food -- everything from fresh made omlets to carved meats....dozens of chaffing dishes filled with everything from mac 'n cheese to warm cherry tarts!! I'm a "foodie" but I'd highly recommend it. Do make ressies as this is quite popular with the locals, especially after the churches let out.

HTH

I would probably do the opposite, especially because of the relaxation factor after being at WDW. I would do WDW first, rent a car from one of the 2 car companies on-site & then drive to Vero.

Drive to the airport from Vero & return the car on-site at the airport.

I've never done it, but I don't believe you could get ME from a resort if you are not staying there on WDW property.

I am doing the opposite and this is why. I really, truly NEED a vacation! I need a few days to unwind from just regular hectic life. So, I thought if we did VB first (after driving from CT) I could have my time to relax, sit by the pool, walk on the beach, sleep. When I get to WDW, regardless of how many times I have been, I always feel like I'm "missing out" if I sit in the room. I figured if we spend our time relaxing first, I will be able to simmer down and tackle WDW and really enjoy it.

I've done the opposite - we left our wedding reception, hopped on a plane and went to WDW for our honeymoon and then went to the beach. We really wished we had chilled first. We will try doing that this May!!!

Heading down to Vero over Memorial Day weekend (5/28-6/1) but only have enough points for a GVIR. I've mostly stayed in OVIRs in the past so this will be new for me. Is anybody willing to share their favorite GVIR numbers and the reason why it is your favorite? I'm thinking of having a request noted on my reservation, and I'm not sure what to request.

Thanks!

Heading down to Vero over Memorial Day weekend (5/28-6/1) but only have enough points for a GVIR. I've mostly stayed in OVIRs in the past so this will be new for me. Is anybody willing to share their favorite GVIR numbers and the reason why it is your favorite? I'm thinking of having a request noted on my reservation, and I'm not sure what to request.

Thanks!

Hi Pammy....
I had a GVIR in Aug 2008 (2236 on 2nd floor). I loved this room because it was HUGE !!!!! It is a corner, very large L-shaped configuration. I honestly think it must be the biggest Inn room there though I don't know this for sure. Check out my pics from our 2008 thread (post # 740) :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1713110&page=50

This is a great thread.

Thanks for any help.

We are planning a split stay in October (waiting for my 7 month window to open to book Vero)
We are staying 5 nights at the BCV first. We will take DME to the BCV on our arrival day. I was going to take ME back to the airport on BCV check out and pick up a car. But I rented a car from National at the Dolphin Resort for pickup there and drop off 7 days later at MCO on our way home.
It was only $25 more to pick up at the Dolphin and drop off at MCO, versus pickup and drop off both at MCO.
Well worth it to us.

Thanks everyone. Well the wife decided to the the beach part at the end, she knows I"m always on the go at WDW so she thinks the beach will help wind down the trip. Not sure how it will work out, but we will try, I"m not a beach person.

I have looked at several rental car options, like all the ones mentioned above (thanks again) I was shocked to find out with National/Alamo it was only $20 more to have the car for the entire 9 day trip than just the 3 days for the beach. So for the $20 I will probably just get the car for the entire stay. But I have plenty of time to shop.

Now I just have to wait til Sat to try and book. Our home resort is Beach club and always are on the phone at the 11 month window, we have changed at the 7month, but we always wanted to guarantee a stay for us. This is uncharted territory for us with just trying to book at the 7 month window. Sad thing is we were there last Oct for 11 nights, and I asked the wife several times are we going in '11, and she said no. So I did not buy the annual pass, and now I stuck paying for another 6 day pass. Oh Well we are heading to Disney so all is good.

Thanks everyone. Well the wife decided to the the beach part at the end, she knows I"m always on the go at WDW so she thinks the beach will help wind down the trip. Not sure how it will work out, but we will try, I"m not a beach person.

I have looked at several rental car options, like all the ones mentioned above (thanks again) I was shocked to find out with National/Alamo it was only $20 more to have the car for the entire 9 day trip than just the 3 days for the beach. So for the $20 I will probably just get the car for the entire stay. But I have plenty of time to shop.

Now I just have to wait til Sat to try and book. Our home resort is Beach club and always are on the phone at the 11 month window, we have changed at the 7month, but we always wanted to guarantee a stay for us. This is uncharted territory for us with just trying to book at the 7 month window. Sad thing is we were there last Oct for 11 nights, and I asked the wife several times are we going in '11, and she said no. So I did not buy the annual pass, and now I stuck paying for another 6 day pass. Oh Well we are heading to Disney so all is good.
Have fun. Your biggest decision at Vero is whether to do the beach or the pool for the day.

We just went to a restaurant called Ocean Grill last night which was outstanding. Someone recommended it on another thread where I had asked about good local restaurants.

We are headed to the pool again today. I love relaxing vacations! I could sit for hours & just read!

Yes, I'm 99 44/100th sure they'll "ok" you to pick some up at Ebb & Flo's.

Shame on you! Reduce that fraction!

Thanks much!

I think Starbox should be on the Vero Beach Chamber of Commerce or something. Never had any desire to go there ever (lived in Sarasota for a few years) but now I'm going for a night to give it a shot.
:mickeybar

Can anyone offer advice on spring training tickets? While we're in Vero we thought we'd take a look at the prospects.

We are looking at a game in Melbourne, but not sure that any tickets we order now would be delivered before we leave. We are wondering about buying at the box office on game day? (We'd be looking at Detroit at Washington, March 14.) Or can we buy online and pick up at Will Call? That option is not clear from the website.

TIA!

Can anyone offer advice on spring training tickets? While we're in Vero we thought we'd take a look at the prospects.

We are looking at a game in Melbourne, but not sure that any tickets we order now would be delivered before we leave. We are wondering about buying at the box office on game day? (We'd be looking at Detroit at Washington, March 14.) Or can we buy online and pick up at Will Call? That option is not clear from the website.

TIA!

We did a Tigers/Washington game a few years ago with a VB trip. DH got them off MLB.com and had them sent. I can't see why Will Call wouldn't be an option. Even the Toledo Mud Hens have Will Call pick up for online orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter