The 2011 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the Roll call. We are going in April for my dd spring break for a week and the week after Christmas! I have a great local photographer lined up to get dd senior pictures done there!. I'm sure that she will find some great locations! We love it there!:beach:

Could you post the dates you'll be there?

Thanks!

John

Please add us to the roll call, we'll be in Vero 6/11-15 in a 1br. This will be our first time at the resort and we're all very excited!! :goodvibes

Please add us to the roll call, we will be at VB Mar 9-13 in GVIR we are waitlisted for a OVIR. This will also be our 1st time at VB :):)

Hi, this will be our second visit to VB--first time w/ kids. My question is how do you know what type of room you will have? My reservation printout says dedicated 2-bedroom. So, does that mean we will be in the inn or in the cottages? Not a big deal because we'll be thrilled to see sand instead of snow, but just wondering.

Also, we realized a couple of weeks ago that the Daytona 500 was the weekend we were coming (duh, busy planning other stuff and completely missed it). So, DH & DS11 got tickets and are driving up to Daytona from VB on Sunday. Any tips on driving to Daytona--is it really bad on race weekend? Also praying no rain so I'm not left with DD7 & DS3 at resort with little to do and no car. DS3 is too young for a lot of the activities. Most say 4 and up.

Any tips would be great! Thanks!

Hi, this will be our second visit to VB--first time w/ kids. My question is how do you know what type of room you will have? My reservation printout says dedicated 2-bedroom. So, does that mean we will be in the inn or in the cottages? Not a big deal because we'll be thrilled to see sand instead of snow, but just wondering.

Also, we realized a couple of weeks ago that the Daytona 500 was the weekend we were coming (duh, busy planning other stuff and completely missed it). So, DH & DS11 got tickets and are driving up to Daytona from VB on Sunday. Any tips on driving to Daytona--is it really bad on race weekend? Also praying no rain so I'm not left with DD7 & DS3 at resort with little to do and no car. DS3 is too young for a lot of the activities. Most say 4 and up.

Any tips would be great! Thanks!

You will be in one of the villa buildings. Go back to POST #116 to see the layout.

Driving tips.... Leave early? I don't really know.

:beach:

Just back from our first trip to Vero (for 3 days preceding the maiden voyage of the Disney Dream) :cool1:

Loved Vero, it's our new favorite non-WDW resort!!! Had a OVIR, definitely worth the points, what a view! We never left the resort, ate all our meals there. Great food, and the friendliest Disney Cast Members we've ever met.

We'll be back :lovestruc

Blessings - Lin

Just back from our first trip to Vero (for 3 days preceding the maiden voyage of the Disney Dream) :cool1:

Loved Vero, it's our new favorite non-WDW resort!!! Had a OVIR, definitely worth the points, what a view! We never left the resort, ate all our meals there. Great food, and the friendliest Disney Cast Members we've ever met.

Blessings - Lin

I'm doing that in July! AKV, VB OVIR, Dream. How long did it take you to get from VB to Port Canaveral? What time did you get to the port?

Blessings - Lin

Have you done a Trip Report on the Disney Dream! We have a long way to go before our Dream Cruise, but I enjoy reading what others have to say!

Even DH, who is not a beach person, loves VB resort because he relaxes there more than at any of the other DVCs!He was the motivation for us buying points there. We love to take our family there and stay in a BC!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Updated roll call:

1/7 – 1/9 KAT4DISNEY
1/15 – 1/18 Brandis
1/21 – 1/26 bethsg
1/23 – 1-26 DisneyDuo
2/16 – 2/23 delauzons
2/18 – 2/21 ajkmom3
2/20 – 2/22 smacky1
3/7 – 3/10 Jump4Joy8390
3/9 – 3/13 pit303
3/11 – 3/15 BernW
3/12 – 3/18 ont/ohana
3/12 – 3/19 mickeywho?
3/12 – 3/20 Bose
3/17 – 3/20 debaudrn
3/26 – 3/28 hardingk
3/28 – 4/1 jjharts
4/2 – 4/8 Starr W.
4/3 - 4/9 Belle and Rella's Dad
4/3 – 4/9 conciergekelly
4/16 – 4/21 Mahusky
4/18 - 4/23 katdocnorf
4/28 - 4/29 wawdwluver
5/1 – 5/30 dort (off site)
5/25 – 5-29 cmctammyg
5/25 – 5/28 JanDave
5/26 – 5-31 dis2cruise
6/1 – 6/30 starbox (off site)
6/10 - 6/12 bobbiwoz
6/10 – 6/12 sarahk0204
6/11 – 6/15 irish_dancer
6/11 – 6/18 hpygrll
6/12 Lenc324
6/24 – 6/25 iloveokw
6/27 – 7/6 mittelst
7/1 – 7/4 vbarry
7/13 – 7/15 MrShiny
7/15 – 7/22 FormrCastMbr
8/6 – 8/13 Mahusky

It took just over an hour to get to the port going straight up A1A. We got there about 9:30 - had to wait in line because they didn't start letting us in until almost 10:30!

No trip report yet, we're at the parks now and don't have time for more than a quick check in. I'll be glad to answer any specific questions on the Dream, though :goodvibes

Blessings - Lin

We'll be there 3/27-4/1.. our last visit was in 2008... it's been way too long!!

Is Vero Beach for kids? The wife wants to visit and we've heard a lot of great things about. My feelings are that it's a very relaxing resort like HHI....which we visited a couple years ago and luv'd it!!!

Thanks,
Bfrosty

Can anyone tell me about the running path at the resort. I saw it listed somewhere, but I cant find any other information on it. Is it a dirt path or paved and about how long is it. Thanks. Also, is the main road in front of the resort too busy to run on? Id be looking to run about a 5 mile loop.

Check at Eb and Flo's.. they have a recommended bike route that's perfect for running. It goes about a mile or so, south of the resort and then cuts back west to a loop that takes you along a small canal, and then back to the resort. It's probably close to five miles.. Another good run is through the bird sanctuary north of the resort.

We will be there June 18 through 21, checking out on the 22nd, for our first visit to Vero Beach. We are REALLY looking forward to it. We (DH and I) grew up in South Florida but haven't been to a beach in years and our teenagers haven't been since they were little boys. We are going to BLT for a few days after this trip. A relaxing, stress free vacation is so very much needed for this family!!!

Also, I meant to ask... You say that reservations are suggested for Shutters. Is that something you need to make months in advance like the dining reservations at the parks? How far in advance should we make them?

We have a beach cottage from March 12 until March 20, 2011. Does anyone have any recommendations for public golf courses in close proximity to Disney Vero Beach Resort? Any deals?

I have found a few public 18 hole golf courses within an hours drive of Disney's Vero Beach Resort. I have listed them below. If anyone else has any other suggestions, let me know.

Sandridge Golf Club
5300 73rd Street
Vero Beach, FL 32967
772-770-5000
www.sandridgegc.com
Lakes Course
Dunes Course
5 miles from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

Sebastian Municipal Golf Course
101 Airport Drive East
Sebastian, FL 32958
772-589-6801
www.sebastiangolfcourse.org
10 miles from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

The Club At Pointe West
7510 14th Lane
Vero Beach, FL 32966
772-770-3401
www.theclubatpointewest.com
18 miles from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

Fairwinds Golf Course
4400 Fairwinds Drive
Fort Pierce, FL 34946
772-462-1955
www.stlucieco.gov/fairwinds
21 miles from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

St. James Golf Club
7900 Selvitz Road
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34983
772- 336-4653
www.stjamesgolfclub.net
33 miles from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

PGA Village at Port St. Lucie
1916 Perfect Drive
Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
800-800-4653
www.pgavillage.com/stlucie
Wanamaker Course
Dye Course
Ryder Course
37 miles from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

Hammock Creek Golf Club
2400 SW Golden Bear Way
Palm City, Florida 34990
772-220-2599
www.hammockcreekgolfclub.com
49 miles from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

Palm Cove Golf and Yacht Club
2363 SW Carriage Hill Terrace
Palm City, FL 34990
772-287-5605
www.palmcovegyc.com
51 miles from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

The Florida Club
9005 SW Old Royal Drive
Stuart, FL 34997
772-287-3680
www.floridaclubgolf.com
57 miles from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter