The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW, our 3 kids and I will be at YC from the 18th to the 27th. If you recognize the three kids in my signature below, please introduce yourself. It would be great to meet a fellow diser.

We're arriving on the 22nd so I'll look out for you!

We'll be at the BC CL from 8/26 - 8/29. :)

I'm excited to see there will be lots of people at YC/BC during our trip. We arrive late on 8/21 and leave late on 8/28. We're staying at BCV. We'll be the family with 3 noisy children at SAB every afternoon! :rotfl2:

Amanda

Just trying to keep track of upcoming dates that overlap. Anyone else?

I have a quick storm along bay question, are there lockers available around the pool area like AKL?

We would like somewhere to store our pool stuff while we rent water craft at the marina,(the little speed boats) so not to have to make several trips back and forth to the room.

Thanks!

We will be at YC CL 8/12-8/17 :banana:! But I'm sure I'll have to get over to the BC lobby to see Teena and the new renovations.

Anyone else going during that time frame?

Cyndi

YC/BC August DISers:

cyndisun: YC CL 8/12-8/17
Big Daddy Incredible: YC 8/18-8/27
WeCantWait: BC 8/18-28
LouiseUK: YC arriving on the 8/22
DrMomof3: BCV 8/21-8/28
lucas: BC CL 8/26-8/29 (also will be at POP Century 8/25)

Any others or any mistakes? This is fun! :rotfl:

I believe Teena will be away from 8/24-9/4 (Darn it all - I'll miss her!)

YC/BC August DISers:

My husband and I will be at the YC Aug.18-24. we have a waterview room on the 18th and move to CL on the 19th

YC/BC August DISers:

we will be at the YC 8/14/8/19, at WL 8/11-8/14

Looking at the older room map we use, room 4567 is indeed a 'waterview' room. Pixie dust and you didn't even know! pixiedust:

http://www.disneyzone.net/bcresort.htm

Thanks, MickeyT! I always feel lucky when we're at WDW - even dumpster views can turn into fireworks views at night (that happened a couple times at WL.) And if they don't, we're still at Disney! But this view was so nice, and I'm so appreciative - have never been upgraded before. It was a treat!

Hi Teena, I wanted to order a case of water for delivery to the BC (we check in this Friday). I thought I remember reading something here but not sure in this big thread where it was! My understanding is that they accept deliveries; in this case it is from Costco. I was going to put the order in tomorrow. Is there a problem if it comes a day or so before we check in? Also is there anything else I need to do for this?

Thanks (again!) for all your help. We look forward to meeting you on Friday...can't wait! :goodvibes

Kerry

WOW! That is a lot of us! :goodvibes

YC/BC August DISers:

dreamflight'slulu: YC CL 8/10-8/17
WDW4us2006: BC 8/14-8/19
eandesmom: YC 8/14-8/19 (also will be WL 8/11-8/14)
KerryCM: YC CL 8/18-8/24
LouiseUK: YC 8/22-?

(Let me know if I made any mistakes.)

Any others?

Thanks, MickeyT! I always feel lucky when we're at WDW - even dumpster views can turn into fireworks views at night (that happened a couple times at WL.) And if they don't, we're still at Disney! But this view was so nice, and I'm so appreciative - have never been upgraded before. It was a treat!

That's great you got the upgrade!!

Just call the BC general number and then ask to speak to someone in the front desk back office. When you get the back office, tell them who you are and the whole story and that you want to leave a message for Sara (the concierge CM) and tell them you would like Sara to call you back to let you know if the hat is being mailed back. If she doesn't get back to you in a few days, then call back again, ask for the back office at the front desk of the BC and ask to speak to one of the concierge managers. If one is not available, ask that one of them call you back. Tell them the story and they will get you an answer.

Thank you, Teena! Just before I was about to call today, UPS arrived with the hat!!! And it still lights up!!! Yay! As we were leaving BC, we were talking with you about stopping by Disneyland when we're in California for our traditional beach vacation later this month. So our oldest was particularly hopeful about getting the sorcerer's hat back before that trip.

So now my question turns into this - how can we show our appreciation for all Sara has done in a meaningful way? Is there someone we can contact at BC to make sure that Disney knows she was so helpful?

WOW! That is a lot of us! :goodvibes

YC/BC August DISers:

dreamflight'slulu: YC CL 8/10-8/17
WDW4us2006: BC 8/14-8/19
eandesmom: YC 8/14-8/19 (also will be WL 8/11-8/14)
KerryCM: YC CL 8/18-8/24
LouiseUK: YC 8/22-?

(Let me know if I made any mistakes.)

Any others?

Myself and my 2 boys are at the YC for a short stay Aug 19-22
Cant wait :yay:

Thank you, Teena! Just before I was about to call today, UPS arrived with the hat!!! And it still lights up!!! Yay! As we were leaving BC, we were talking with you about stopping by Disneyland when we're in California for our traditional beach vacation later this month. So our oldest was particularly hopeful about getting the sorcerer's hat back before that trip.

So now my question turns into this - how can we show our appreciation for all Sara has done in a meaningful way? Is there someone we can contact at BC to make sure that Disney knows she was so helpful?

I recently sent a letter praising a number of Disney CMs who helped make our trip awesome. I sent an e-mail to Guest Communications and copied my letter to the General Manager of the Yacht & Beach Club.

Teena- if these are not the best places to write, please let us know.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Mim Flynn, General Manager
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club
1700 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter