• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always tell a DIS'er---we're the ones taking pictures of our room numbers! :rotfl:

Seriously, I've started doing this on other, non-Disney trips. How else can you remember the rooms you liked or disliked???

I'm getting so excited reading about everyone's trips!! Robyn-you don't have too much longer to wait! I'm so happy for you. :yay:

Not too much longer for us!

Look for us by SAB in the afternoon. With DD using either the wheelchair or the crutches I don't think we'll be hard to miss!

Silly question.
I was on the WDW website for a friend to see if there were any rooms available for her during our stay (8/5-8/11). The website only shows water view and CL Garden view available; no standards.
Does this mean that the resort will be very crowded during our stay?

You can always tell a DIS'er---we're the ones taking pictures of our room numbers! :rotfl:

Seriously, I've started doing this on other, non-Disney trips. How else can you remember the rooms you liked or disliked???

I actually had to refer to my picture on the first day because I couldn't remember the room #! We pretty much went straight to Epcot and my dh got his #'s inverted, so I was glad I had that pic!!:rolleyes1

Silly question.
I was on the WDW website for a friend to see if there were any rooms available for her during our stay (8/5-8/11). The website only shows water view and CL Garden view available; no standards.

If you were trying to book under the "special discounts" section, that just means that the pecentage of rooms they want to discount are already booked. They more than likely have rack rate standards available. Keep checking back for what you want or take a club level! You won't be sorry!

Posted some pictures on the Beach & Yacht Club Resort photo board. I have a section of Stormalong Bay, the Concierge Lounge, Concierge Lounge offerings and the view from the balcony of Room 5670.

I'll try to get some resort photos up tomorrow or Thursday.

232323232%7Ffp63397%3Enu%3D3365%3E578%3E885%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B597%3A972337nu0mrj

cburek thanks so much for the pictures!! I can't wait to get to YC CL in October!

For the time being, I guess I need to focus on the fact that we are moving from CT to MI next week lol! Planning for WDW is so much more fun though :)

Here's an early Welcome to Michigan from me!!! Hope the move goes well.

Here's an early Welcome to Michigan from me!!! Hope the move goes well.

Thank you!! My DH has been in Ann Arbor since Memorial Day so we are very ready to be back together as a family. We'll be living in Grosse Pointe Park and it seems like a nice, family oriented community. But after this big move, I figured we needed a Disney vacation to look forward to! And YC will remind us of our home in CT (we're near the beach here).

What part of MI are you in? I can't wait to get up north and check out the lakes!

Does BC have hair wrapping? If not, what is the closest location?

Thanks!

Yes, they have hair wrapping. I found out the hard way! We were eating lunch at Hurricane Hannah's and dd saw the hair wrapping stand and wanted to get it done. She went to see how much it was and came back and told it was something like $3 o $5. She didn't realize they meant per inch!

A little later she got the shock of her life when she found out it was over $50!

All summer long I have been wanting to slow down the clock because I didn't want summer to be over and school to begin. But, the inevitable has happened. I am now back in the classroom trying to get it prepared. So, let the clock roll! This is a shameless ticker check!! :flower3:

Yes, they have hair wrapping. I found out the hard way! We were eating lunch at Hurricane Hannah's and dd saw the hair wrapping stand and wanted to get it done. She went to see how much it was and came back and told it was something like $3 o $5. She didn't realize they meant per inch!

A little later she got the shock of her life when she found out it was over $50!

We were there in June and my daughter had a wrap done. It was $23 and she has shoulder length hair. We didn't purchase any extra beads, though. We loved our stay at the YC and all of the CM's. However, this was the exception. I was really annoyed at the woman doing the wraps. After we had waited our turn for about 15 minutes in the hot sun, the woman had my daughter sit down and then decided she needed to stop and do some texting!:eek: She never excused herself or anything. Just sat there and texted and was talking out loud about what she was texting. Very unprofessional. Normally, I am a generous tipper - not this time!

Princess_De said:
Silly question.

If you were trying to book under the "special discounts" section, that just means that the pecentage of rooms they want to discount are already booked. They more than likely have rack rate standards available. Keep checking back for what you want or take a club level! You won't be sorry!

Just checked the dates (which are pretty similar to our dates) and there are no standard rooms (rack rate or summer rate). Rack Rate rooms are available starting at water view on up to 2 bedroom club level. For the summer discounted rooms, only water view and garden view club level available.

Looks like the resort is booked solid as far as standard rooms are concerned.

Just checked the dates (which are pretty similar to our dates) and there are no standard rooms (rack rate or summer rate). Rack Rate rooms are available starting at water view on up to 2 bedroom club level. For the summer discounted rooms, only water view and garden view club level available.

Looks like the resort is booked solid as far as standard rooms are concerned.

It was worth a shot. I guess my friend will have to book what's available.

15 MORE DAYS!!! I can't wait to get back to the BC. We were there July 2009 and had the most magical time:wizard:

Looks like they'll be a lot of Dissers there for our stay.

We'll be there July 30-August 15!

9 days and counting!!!!!

7 days and counting for us!! But we only get to stay for 4 nights! I hope I'll bump into someone! I have to find my LGMH tag!

It was worth a shot. I guess my friend will have to book what's available.

15 MORE DAYS!!! I can't wait to get back to the BC. We were there July 2009 and had the most magical time:wizard:

We will be at Animal Kingdom Lodge the night of 8/6 (we arrive by autotrain that morning). My youngest D wanted to stay at AKL the entire time (I look at it and it looks HOT there) so I was able to get a summer rate for 1 night (good enough for me). I just want to be at SAB - but the girls have no clue what SAB is, nor club level, so this is all a big surprise. Youngest D thinks we are staying at the Holiday Inn across from UCF campus. :lol:

Up bright and early on Saturday and we are moving over to Beach Club Garden View Club Level (Hi Robyn!!) We will be spending Saturday at SAB, Saturday night I got tickets to see La Nouba (Surprise my girls!)

On Sunday, we are again hanging out at SAB, I'm sure I'll bump into EVERYONE at this point! That night, we are going to Hoop Dee Doo! Oh Fun!

On Monday, we are going to Epcot! Anyone else going to be there that day for rope drop?!?

On Tuesday we fly home :(

The whole point of the trip originally was to take my older daughter's car back down with her to college in Florida. We are having one last hurrah in Disney before saying goodbye. :(

On Wednesday, my youngest D is having surgery to correct a birth defect. This is her 5th surgery so being at Disney is going to be an extra treat for her. We planned on having the surgery AFTER Disney but when all was said an done, August 11th was the only opening before school starts. Oh, I'm hoping for a smooth return home! We are flying AirTran to Atlantic City and taking an early afternoon flight.

See you all in a little over 2 weeks!! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter