The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I remember right the washers and dryers take 8 quarters each load.

There is a dry cleaning/laundry service but it's really pretty expensive. We've used it but I would never send a whole load of laundry out. Even socks are about $3 for the laundry service.

Does anybody know if there are any one bedroom suites at Beach Club (or YC) that have two queens in the bedroom or are they all king beds?

Also, is there a laundry service available at BC? How does it work? Approximate cost? Turnaround time?

TIA!

We have used the laundry service at AKL before and I expect it's the same service. I can't remember the prices but somebody has listed the laundry list prices on this board somewhere (not in the BC thread, but may be the AKL thread). It has laundry and dry cleaning services and there is usually bags and a list in the wardrobe. You put your laundry in the bag and fill in the form. You then call housekeeping and they come and collect it and it's delivered back to your room. From memory (and this may not be 100% correct) it has to be in by 8.30am and is returned by 6pm. There was a post recently where somebody put the list and prices. Here is the post.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=37334450&postcount=32

Well, everything is packed, all our plans our set and tomorrow morning we are off to the YC. I can't believe the time is finally here. Thanks for all the great information everyone offers on these boards. Safe travels to everyone traveling in the near future. May all your trips be sprinkled with pixie dust.:)

Lisa

Well, everything is packed, all our plans our set and tomorrow morning we are off to the YC. I can't believe the time is finally here. Thanks for all the great information everyone offers on these boards. Safe travels to everyone traveling in the near future. May all your trips be sprinkled with pixie dust.:)

Lisa

Have a fun and safe trip!

This month a bellman by the name of Mike is trying the role as lobby greeter. I'm not sure of his end date for the trial period. But Vic is still working full-time in his real role which is luggage room and/or dispatcher at the BC. Look for him around the bell services desk. His days off are Thursday and Friday.

Sorry I'm going to miss you again. Hope you have a super vacation!!!

Thanks! We'll look for both Vic and Mike and say hello!

Lisa

Have a wonderful time. :cloud9: I don't sleep the night before I leave either. Lay in bed and think about all the things you're going to do!!

Lisa

Have a wonderful time. Safe travels.

I see your next trip is September, so, to answer your question, I'd say all you'd have to do is walk outside your room, free steam and sauna for all!:rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for the reply. Sounds good to me. I thought there might have been a charge for it, even as i'm staying at the resort. Free sounds good to me x

Thanks for the reply. Sounds good to me. I thought there might have been a charge for it, even as i'm staying at the resort. Free sounds good to me x

Sorry, I was kidding around! I'm not sure if the sauna is free(I didn't even know they had one!) I was just being silly commenting on the Florida heat and humidity in late summer!:)

Do you have to pay extra to use the steam room and sauna at the beach club?

Must not charge. This Copy/Paste of Disney site.
Disney's Beach Club Resort
Disney's Beach Club Villas
Disney's Yacht Club Resort
The Ship Shape Health Club offers Life Fitness and Hammer Strength fitness equipment, including treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, regular and recumbent bicycles, weight machines and free weights. Men's and women's saunas and steam rooms are on site. Massage therapies, body treatments, skin care and hair services are also available.

I will e-mail IPO and ask as I too may interested in this service for DW!

Sorry, I was kidding around! I'm not sure if the sauna is free(I didn't even know they had one!) I was just being silly commenting on the Florida heat and humidity in late summer!:)

I KNOW that sauna is free :laughing: Used it many times!

Straight from BC IPO (planning):

As a matter of fact, that's something you can use just for being a resort guest free of charge, as well:)

Has anyone on this thread had a family photo session done at the BC/YC? If so where you happy with it?x

We did this in Nov '09. The pictures were very nice, I used one of just my boys for our Christmas card. They did outside and inside shots; loved the ones on the beach with the Boardwalk in the background. The only problem we had was it was a VERY windy day so my crazy hair kept blowing in my face. We will do this again on our next visit for sure:thumbsup2
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter