The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone - just checking in to wish everyone leaving soon a great trip, with sunny skies and lots of pixie dust!! :goodvibes Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

I've not posted much but have been reading and reading for awhile and wanted to thank everyone for all the great information. We have about 2 more months before our adults only trip to YC and I can't wait!!

Would love to hear more about your adults only YC trip plans! We're arriving with our kids at BC next week, but I'm planning my parents' adults only trip in October for F&W. Picked all their ADRs, park days, etc. and they followed my advice EXCEPT they won't stay at YC. They are joining us at BC in February and thought they would go with CSR for the adults only trip. I'm not finished lobbying them to switch to YC!

(And thanks for the good wishes!)

I'm going for the first time in August so I'm no help BUT I do know that the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club has a breakfast buffet (no characters) and is cheaper than the character breakfast buffet at the BC.

Plus, you can get a continental type breakfast at the Ale & Compass (or Compass & Ale--I can never remember which one comes first LOL).

Can't wait to get back to BC in 23 days!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the earlier advice regarding online check-in and the BC standard vs. YC CL options!

We were planning to surprise our kids, but had to tell our older boys about the trip earlier this week because schedule conflicts came up for both of them. We didn't want them to be surprised or disappointed about what they are now missing at home. Of course, they were thrilled - would give up just about anything happening at home for Disney - and are excited to surprise their little brother the morning of the trip - just five more days!

They confirmed that they would really prefer a standard BC room to a CL room at YC, and we decided to go with their preference for this trip. We also decided to do on-line check-in for the first time. It's a short trip, and so we want to check in quickly and get to our lunch ADR at Chef's! Our only request was full balcony - I'd like that, but I'd be OK if we don't get it - so hopefully it will go smoothly with the on-line check-in option!

Hello,
I would like to stay at BC because of the pool. I also have 2 boys and a mother in law that would love eating ice cream and relaxing at the pool. I just have a couple of questions.
Are all of the BC rooms renovated? I just love the look of the sheets.
What area or view should I request? If I stay I would be in a standard room, not sure how nice the view would be, but maybe there's a nice location near the pool.
One last question, I promise. Is it worth it to stay there and pay additional $100? Compared to staying offsite in a 2 bd.

Thanks for the input.

Hello,
I would like to stay at BC because of the pool. I also have 2 boys and a mother in law that would love eating ice cream and relaxing at the pool. I just have a couple of questions.
Are all of the BC rooms renovated? I just love the look of the sheets.
What area or view should I request? If I stay I would be in a standard room, not sure how nice the view would be, but maybe there's a nice location near the pool.
One last question, I promise. Is it worth it to stay there and pay additional $100? Compared to staying offsite in a 2 bd.

Thanks for the input.

All the BC rooms were renovated in 2008 - they are gorgeous!

For a standard room I would request - courtyard view, full balcony. It's only a request but it's worth it just to ask.

IMHO it is SO worth it - the location, transportation and pool make is completely worthwhile. Have fun planning!

Thanks for the advise DisneyMomx7. I have no choice I have to choose BC, the rooms look amazing. We are DVC members and own at AKV, but we need 1 night before our stay and after looking at the pics at allears I fell in love with BC.

I'm pretty new to DVC and never stayed at BCV, but the rooms at BC look much nicer. I wonder why, anyway thanks :worship:

I can't wait :lovestruc

Only have a second to hop on Jeanne's computer. We're really having fun. Last night was when I took her second grade class to Toy Story 3 ... so great --- didn't cry as much as I did at UP but still went through some tissues!

Flying home early tomorrow morning. Got my schedule and I'll be working this Saturday and Sunday and the following Saturday. Then off on the 5 night Double Dip Castaway Cay cruise on the 25th.

I'm sure looking forward to saying hi to everybody this weekend!!! See you then!

Hey Teena!

So glad all is well at Jeanne's. So great to spend time with family. And thought we would miss you this trip because of your cruise but we will be there next Saturday so maybe we can say hello! :flower3:

Which would you prefer and why?

My wife fell in love with BC the first time we entered the lobby. She loves the ocean/beach theme more than the nautical/ship theme. That being said having to stay at YC would NOT be considered a dissapointment. :love:

My wife fell in love with BC the first time we entered the lobby. She loves the ocean/beach theme more than the nautical/ship theme. That being said having to stay at YC would NOT be considered a dissapointment. :love:

Thank you, I am leaning toward BC. We love the beach and there would be so many memories of my mom

Hello, I will be staying for the first time at the YC, and I saw in this thread that the BC rooms were renovated 2008, do you know if the YC now has completed all rooms renovations, or they still have the old ones.

Thanks!!!

I'm home finally! Horrible storms ... took us almost 3 hours to get home from airport. Anyway, quick check your email ... I just sent you one.

I've always wanted to say this to a special cast member!: Welcome Home!

Hello, I will be staying for the first time at the YC, and I saw in this thread that the BC rooms were renovated 2008, do you know if the YC now has completed all rooms renovations, or they still have the old ones.

Thanks!!!

see pics below

How sad is it that I only now have finished going through our photos from last year's trip? The folder just sat there on my desktop and mocked me all this time. At least going through them now certainly got DH & I excited about returning in a few months. :)

If you're interested in seeing a few photos of YC (post-refurb) & WDW during the holidays (just excuse our ugly mugs haha), here's the gallery. I think our room was 3095 or 3097, I can't recall. They are organized by date, so YC pics are sort of sprinkled throughout. I got a new DSLR and am learning how to use it, so I can't wait to take better photos in a few months!

Please remind me....how much does it cost for the washers and dryers and is it quarters?

Also, is there a laundry service available at BC? How does it work? Approximate cost? Turnaround time?

TIA!

Sorry you are under the weather, I hope you heal soon!:flower3: Maybe you could help me a little. Tell me what you love the most about the resort. DH and I are staying at YC for the first time in December--I had a hard time getting him to change from WL. Hoping we're not disappointed!

Thank you for your kind words :goodvibes. I know WDW will be there when I get better I just wish it would be soon....

Anyways on to the planning - Most of our trips have been to the WL and you will definitely have to make a stop there to see the decorations - just beautiful in December.

But the YC is an awesome place to be during the holiday season. The BC, YC, BW all have gorgeous displays. And the year we went to WDW in December the weather was plenty warm enough for the pool so you've got the wonderful SAB - which was why DS wanted to stay at the YC.

Then you've got walking distance to Epcot's back entrance and all the holiday decorations in the various countries. Also a special ending to Illuminations had us returning to Epcot more than once - just amazing - not to be missed.

Happy planning :goodvibes

is there a way to find out how many connecting rooms there are on the YC CL? I booked 1 for myself and my 14 yr old son and his friend, but now think we need 2, but I want to be sure they connect so they aren't left unsupervised and me totally alone. I know they refuse to promise me anything, but I am wondering what my chances are before I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter