The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teena I am so challenged reading a map of sorts. I THINK that is the room. I think next time though that i book i will talk to the ipo directly and figure the exact location and room category. I am just confused on why my room was rated standard, when it had a lagoon view, hence has me HOPING those other rooms are standard but I really doubt it...The view was too perfect and dead on not to be a water view...

The first room you had at the Yacht Club facing the gazebo was a standard even though if you leaned and turned you could see the lagoon. The view is normally determined by looking straight out.

The room right above the Suite you were in was another Suite. However, there was a normal club level room right behind the suite that was above you and it was directly facing the back door of the YC ... and if you went to the edge of the balcony and turned, you would see the lagoon. I believe some of the determination as to whether it is water or standard view is maybe the actual view you would have if you were sitting on the chair on the balcony and staring straight out, not the view you would have if you were at the very edge of the balcony and turning and looking out.

Hello,
Just wanted to say I posted some of the Beach Club pics from our trip last week on the photo thread. I wasn't sure if I should be posting pics here since it's and information thread. We just loved Beach Club and are sad to be home. Planning to go back again next Spring sometime. Here is the link, scroll down :goodvibes.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37090982#post37090982

Thanks for sharing your great pictures! What type of room did you have?

Hi Teena!!! Don't know if you still remember me but I was hanging around these boards August 08. We stayed at BC first time Labor Day 08 and forever fell in love!!! This was such a magical stay as we had been upgraded to CL and have forever become spoiled!!! We LOVED it so much we had to become DVC members in Sept 08. Long story short...we will be staying at BCV this coming Labor Day weekend!!! :woohoo:after trying a number of DVC resorts. Unfortunately we did not get to see you (I believe you mentioned you were either on a cruise or with your DD?) Hopefully we will stop by and say HI!!! :flower3:

Scottmel - All I can say is WOW!

Now the big question - I know you were really worried whether or not you would like YC CL as much as BWI CL. How would you compare the two?

Are you forever hooked (like the rest of us) on YC/BC?

Congratulations on a fabulous upgrade!!!!!

Teena I am just confused on why my room was rated standard, when it had a lagoon view, hence has me HOPING those other rooms are standard but I really doubt it...The view was too perfect and dead on not to be a water view...

Mel, congratulations on the upgrade and thanks for the pics. Family of the day!!! Wow, almost as good as staying in the castle for one night?

Kaysmommie, thanks for the pics. Your "Vanna White" showing off the room was cute. Looks like you had a great time too.

Now the big question - I know you were really worried whether or not you would like YC CL as much as BWI CL. How would you compare the two?

SOOO True about becoming FOREVER hooked on BC !

Yes BC/YC are addicting!

Kaysmommie - great pics! Your kids are adorable and I am so homesick for BC. I'm living vicariously through everyone's pictures. 40 more days for us!

Teena - you are in everyone's pictures. You must feel like a movie star! Of course I'm computer challenged so no pictures from us.

What is the least crowded time to go to SAB. We were planning on going to the parks in the am then heading back to SAB midday relax then go to what ever park has extra magic hours that night.

Ok. scottmel. I need to know too! I have followed your pursuit of the perfect room for several months. I was curious did you just get assigned this room or did you bargain for it (ie... go up and look and come back down?) Did you know where you were going to be before you went up? Were these room request that were honored?

And the ultimate question echoed from DisneyMomx7, any BWI regrets?

Hi Teena!!! Don't know if you still remember me but I was hanging around these boards August 08. We stayed at BC first time Labor Day 08 and forever fell in love!!! This was such a magical stay as we had been upgraded to CL and have forever become spoiled!!! We LOVED it so much we had to become DVC members in Sept 08. Long story short...we will be staying at BCV this coming Labor Day weekend!!! :woohoo:after trying a number of DVC resorts. Unfortunately we did not get to see you (I believe you mentioned you were either on a cruise or with your DD?) Hopefully we will stop by and say HI!!! :flower3:

Your disboard name definitely rings a bell ... can't place the face to the name though. It's an age thing ... I'm really bad and people have to keep reminding me. Yesterday a gentleman ran up and thanked me over and over and I must have had a confused look on my face. He picked up on the fact I had no idea why he was thanking me. Apparently I talked him into having dinner at Cape May the night before and now the family wanted to eat there every night - he was a hero. He said it made his job of finding restaurants much easier because they loved to eat early and were able to do a walk in when it opened at 5 PM. I then remembered the conversation but didn't remember his face. It's tough being old!!

Congrats on becoming members!!!:yay:

I'll be in Vegas helping Jeanne get her class ready for the new one to come in (scrubbing desks, walls, etc.) plus be there for the entire first week of school to help test the children, etc. and will be gone August 24th through September 4th. I'll be back to work on the 5th.

Thank you for sharing!

What is the least crowded time to go to SAB. We were planning on going to the parks in the am then heading back to SAB midday relax then go to what ever park has extra magic hours that night.

Least crowded times - morning and then late at night - typically you can count the people in the pool in the evenings. We also like to go to parks early and then go to pool afternoon and then back to parks. Early - mid afternoon is typically very crowded. Although, this year I would really like to find a at least a day to just spend lounging poolside!

Typically SAB starts to clear out dinner time or after. SAB is so big there is truly plently of space.

Hello,
Just wanted to say I posted some of the Beach Club pics from our trip last week on the photo thread. I wasn't sure if I should be posting pics here since it's and information thread. We just loved Beach Club and are sad to be home. Planning to go back again next Spring sometime. Here is the link, scroll down :goodvibes.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37090982#post37090982

Great pictures. Excellent room - extra side window would be great.

I was a lifeguard for a number of years and kids often aren't taught how to clear the masks, and can drown if they start panicking when their mask floods. Slides are the place a mask is most likely to flood. We didn't allow masks at all at my pool unless you had scuba training.

That makes perfect sense :goodvibes. Better to be safe right.

Thanks for sharing your great pictures! What type of room did you have?

Your Welcome. We were magically upgraded to a Standard CL room. It is one of a few over sized corner rooms. It has a small balcony but was great for us since we would rather have the extra space inside the room.

Afternoons were definitely busy by the pool. Though I was always able to find a lounge chair or two. Unlike Poly where you can't even find one chair to sit down. The crowd seemed to clear out by 6 PM and the pool was pretty empty by 7 PM. We enjoyed an entire evening of swimming and it was great!

Oh Robyn I think I was at YC CL for 5 minutes and I just looked at DD and said "THIS is our new resort". we all talked about it though and DD told me she loves BWI b/c close to pizza window:rolleyes1 but totally walkable from BC/yc she agreed to which we did several times. Several things that I appreciate YC over BWI:

1. Closer walk to Epcot. I have head this a million times and i would think - what is with you guys it is a 6 minute longer walk???? But in summer heat it is so noticable.....

2. The decor in yc is so much more ME though we visitied BWI twice and it is so lovely as well.

3. SAB hands down won it for us....no comparison.

What I am NOT crazy about is the dicey view. We soooo lucked out with our lovely gazebo view but after being there a few days I realized how scarce a good garden view is....(on club level)....so that prompted me to make ANOTHER suggestion on my exit survey. They ought to price tier those rooms as I would pay extra for wedding gazebo view on club level..

We were over BC several times to chase Teena down along with the photopass photographer guy. And the lobby is just as teena says "lively". It is just like Teena says - same hotel just different atmosphere. All three of us prefer the atmosphere in the yc over bc but would stay in either place if that makes sense.

For my next trip in November 2011, I will chose YC first to stay at then BWI then BC. But that is winter.....If summer, yc then bc then bwi.

But all 3 resorts are just so lovely...you cannot go wrong but SAB just pushed us over!!!!! i don't see me hanging on BWI boards anymore!!!!

and we loved it. Everyone that works there is super friendly.
The rooms were so pretty. I loved the location and the pool is fantastic. Can't wait to return one day.

Ok. scottmel. I need to know too! I have followed your pursuit of the perfect room for several months. I was curious did you just get assigned this room or did you bargain for it (ie... go up and look and come back down?) Did you know where you were going to be before you went up? Were these room request that were honored?

And the ultimate question echoed from DisneyMomx7, any BWI regrets?

Well mickey kind of a long story short but in summary last year I wrote an 8 page letter to disney full of compliments along with some suggestions on how to improve the overall efficiency of disney. BWI CL was super so no complaints from me there, just minor suggestions. I get a fellow up call from the executive office in July 09 and they thanked me and told me they were taking some of my suggestionsn to corporate office. Super I say. She asks me when we are returning to Disney (and this was before DD had sudden ear surgery and I told her December 09). Well that date changed due to surgery to June 09. A few days before we departed I get a call asking if something can be done to make my trip more magical. My immediate reply was "YES A wedding gazebo view!". Having hung out on the boards enough I now know 4 of t hse rooms exist on club level.

i check in on 6/11 and there is my goregous wedding gazbeo view w/ a perfect side view of the entire lagoon/bwI area with no leaning requiared from balcony! I was in heaven. PERFECT. This was the room I was assigned, ran back to check the view and quickly accepted!!!! We stay thru the 16th and then head to AKL for 2 nights.

Upon leaving AKL we are now due at Universal for 3 nights. I had a Cape May breakfast planned for that day so back I go to Yacht/Beach. i get a brainstorm to cut a day off univeral to return to yacht. I asked a cast member to help me track down the bounceback offer to which she did and i booked a 40% off regular view room. After she helped me she handed me her card to let her know i was coming for sure. Ok. So I get to universal, cut it short with them a night and call the CM on the card now noticiing she was part of management. So hoping against hope for my gorgeous wedding gazebo view, I mention that but quickly say I am not on club level but there are many wedding gazebo views on non club level.

She returns my call and simply states "so glad you are coming back I am working on making fathers day memorable for your husband'....Hmmm....so now I am thinking am I maybe getting club level and my gazebo room????

On check in i was greeted at curb at 11 AM (yes early but wanted to swim) and the rest is history! taken to front desk, family of day announcement, ballons, etc. and then taken to our gorgeous suite!! though at checkin the woman told me i had a standard view room on 4th floor. So I am now thinking'come on wedding gazebo". DD asks and says "my mom loves a view. she spends a lot of time on balcony". The lady laughs and says something like she will have a choice now where to sit.....I then see the gold cards for club but she said 4th floor so my brain was like "no way..no way..." i pretty much figured a deluxe room at this point....And it was!!!'

So really i guess i had 2 magical wishes granted!!! Wedding view week one and suite on last night!!!! :)))

I KNEW you would love YC!!!! There is nothing better than SAB in the summer. We spend two days just at the resort alone.

We were die hard YC fans and then when we were doing our Grand Gathering I could only get the discount on BC. Now we treated our entire family - all the kids, SIL and DIL, grandchildren and my Mom (4 rooms total) so we REALLY needed the discount. The whole trip was covered for them - airfare, room, MYW tickets, DDP, and spending money.

I was soooo nervous about switching from YC to BC. Upon check in we were "magically" upgraded, all 4 rooms, to CL. To top it off all the rooms had a full balcony, and a beautiful courtyard (with sideway lagoon) view.

Well now we fell in love with BC and that's our first choice! Of course YC is always our second choice. We might actually stay on the "dark side" for our February trip because MIL and FIL love YC and they are coming with us.

So glad YC CL met all your expectations and once again CONGRATULATIONS on the upgrade of a lifetime!!

Robyn that is awesome a 4 room upgrade to CL! Ithink I would be a BC fan for life!!!!! It was an awesome stay and I would be thrilled with either YC or BC I really would. How can you go wrong with SAB? the place could be a shack and I would still stay for SAB!!!!:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter