The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi BC crowd!! So excited paid our vacation off today!!:cool1: Let the countdown begin (like that hasnt already been happening:thumbsup2)

have a great time Teena!

Robyn- hope your DD appointment goes well today and you too can relax and start your countdown!

Can someone please help me? I know I saw a post showing the layout of YC/BC with the standard rooms marked in green?

did I dream this?

Hi BC crowd!! So excited paid our vacation off today!!:cool1: Let the countdown begin (like that hasnt already been happening:thumbsup2)

have a great time Teena!

Robyn- hope your DD appointment goes well today and you too can relax and start your countdown!

Thank you - her appointment is at 3:30 and I'm holding my breath!

Teena - have a great time and get a well deserved rest.

Thank you - her appointment is at 3:30 and I'm holding my breath!

Teena - have a great time and get a well deserved rest.

Robyn~ here is a little pixie dust for you and your DD pixiedust: Keeping my fingers and toes crossed ;) hoping you guys can keep your original re-scheduled dates.

Have alot going on myself with trying to get the teachers out of the school (yes I do love them - most days!!) so I can actually organize my office a little before I leave this Friday!! Since I handle the money for the school I work at, it seems the majority of my job is done over the summer - I do alot of purchasing!!! So many things keep running through my mind, but I will let it all go when we pull out of the driveway! :dance3::dance3:

Here's hoping for good news for Robyn!!

So I called back today and, low and behold, BC rooms were available to apply my 40% pin! I was originally booked standard view with the 25% public discount and was excited about getting a deeper discount with this pin. I made the fatal mistake of asking what a water view would cost with the pin and it was almost exactly the same as my original booking. Sooooooo....guess what?! I caved and switched to water view! My dd13 is going to be so excited!

Then I figured I should update my room requests because I'm guessing I no longer need to request 2nd floor as I won't have to worry about parking lots and roofs, right? My requests now are 'daybed, full balcony, please'.

I know Teena is gone for a bit. Many of you might be able to answer my questions. I know Teena's mentioned that her favorite water view rooms are 2641, 2643, and 2645. I know they have full balconies. Are any of them connecting? We have two rooms.

Any other water view room suggestions? Any to avoid?

Only comment I have on this is that TeenaS has repeatedly suggested that asking for a particular room isn't the way to go but asking for a catagory (full balcony, close or far from elevator, connecting rooms, day bed, etc.) has a better chance of being successful. Sounds like you want your reservation to say "full balcony, connecting rooms" rather than "Room 2641, 2643 or 2645. The problem in asking for a particular room is that the room you want may be occupied when you arrive, then you are SOL.

@ brerdawg....are 2630 and 2632 connecting and do either have a daybed? Was it annoying being by the elevators?

Thanks!

2632 had a daybed but they were not connected. I believe that 2632 and 2634 were connected. Room 2630 had the best balcony because it was a corner room and overlooked two gardens and know one was to the left. From our balcony we could see the water at the Boardwalk.

We felt as though we had an ideal location as we were only a skip away from the lobby.

:sulley::donald:

Yes 2629 had a daybed and 2 queens 2631 was a handicap room with 2 queen beds.We never noticed any noise with the elevator. If I recall, the elevator was down the hall and then you turned left for the elevator. Not a problem at all.
Yes the elevator was down the hall a short ways (not too close) and to the left.

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

The Dr. said the original date of 8 weeks from the surgery is right. We can keep our BC reservation the whole 15 days - no switching resorts or having to re-do our ADRs again!

Thank you to everyone who wished us well and sent pixie dust!

Janloz- let us know how that goes. Sounds like a great idea. DH and I will celebrate our anniversary while there in oct/nov so would love to do something like that for him too!

Julie

Will do and i will post pics when we get back. i am hoping that they can do something with pins, autograph book, pool noodle, some snacks etc. but i will let you know when i talk to them.

I'm off to Disney's Vero Beach Resort early Tuesday morning for a mini vacation and won't be able to get on a computer until sometime on Friday. I'll try to catch up with all the posts then.

have a great time.

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

The Dr. said the original date of 8 weeks from the surgery is right. We can keep our BC reservation the whole 15 days - no switching resorts or having to re-do our ADRs again!

I've been checking ALL DAY! I'm so happy for you! Awesome news!!!

Amanda

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

Yea! Oh Robyn~ I know you are so relieved! Now you can look forward to your trip and having a relaxing time with your family. I know you need it!

So much for me to do at this point and I can't seem to get motivated to do anything. I sometimes let things overwhelm me. We really need this vacation. DH has been working 7 days a week, with only a few days off here and there, since last August :scared1: I am trying to make this trip the best I can for him, he really deserves it!

I called WDW reservations and asked them to add a request to our room ressie. "Happy to help", said the nice CM on the other end of the line. So, I requested 2nd floor w/full balcony. Anyone else make that request? What room did you get?

Thanks!

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

So happy for you, must be all the pixie dust we sent your way. :thumbsup2

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Now on to the fun planning instead of the stress :goodvibes

Hello everyone,

I truly feel like I'm intruding here with a group of friends. Just a quick question. We will be at the BC in less than 3 weeks. We will either get convention tickets or PAP. We don't have time to have them sent home so we will have to pick them up. Don't think we can pick them up at the resort. What would be the best strategy for us to be able to go to Epcot on our first full day (I'm trying to avoid making a trip to the park entrance on our arrival day (July 4th:scared1:).
They don't sell ticket at the World Showcase entrance if my mind serves me right.

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I truly feel like I'm intruding here with a group of friends. Just a quick question. We will be at the BC in less than 3 weeks. We will either get convention tickets or PAP. We don't have time to have them sent home so we will have to pick them up. Don't think we can pick them up at the resort. What would be the best strategy for us to be able to go to Epcot on our first full day (I'm trying to avoid making a trip to the park entrance on our arrival day (July 4th:scared1:).
They don't sell ticket at the World Showcase entrance if my mind serves me right.

Thank you!

Not intruding at all!!! Welcome!
I stayed at YC for a convention in April and our multi-day convention tickets were attached to our room keys. (We ended up upgrading to Annual Passes after we went to the parks but that's another story!)
Not sure about World Showcase since that was my only stay in the Epcot area (we're staying at BCV in August which is how I found this thread).
There are many experts here who will probably be able to answer your question better!

Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter