The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed our stay at the BC resort. We returned from our trip and ALL of us were so happy with the hotel. We stayed for 7 nights at the BC CL.

We were lucky enough to have all our requests met. My parents had a room close to the elevators/lounge and we were right next to them with an adjoining door. We both had full balconies and the view was of the front entrance and to the right was EPCOT. If you looked far out to the right you could see the fireworks at EPCOT (or at least the high portions of them) and to the left you could see the MK fireworks!! What an unexpected bonus!! Another family member had a room not to far down the hall and had the sleeper couch that they needed AND a balcony to boot. I think we were definitely recipients of pixie dust that week :wizard::wizard:.

Thank you Teena for answering so many questions before we went. I looked for you twice but never met you in person. One time I asked about you and the report was not sure where she is right now but she is a "great person and definitely runs a tight ship". LOL :thumbsup2:goodvibes

The CM's all over the BC were very nice to us and the CL CM's that we encountered every day were so very sweet. My parents loved this resort and the location so I think we have a new favorite. :love:

While I have to admit I love the location of the Polynesian the lobby and the rooms, the pool, and the CM's of the BC were heads and tails above the Poly (which is showing its age despite the beautiful grounds).

Okay, so i've been searching through this thread and this has come up a few times but I'm looking for a more substantial answer.

Inner tubes in SAB. We have always brought our own (usually clear, colored ones). I'm hearing grumblings that you are no longer allowed to bring your own or that they must non-colored clear ones like the rental tubes. Does anyone know official policy on this one? or Has anyone used their own tubes at SAB recently?

From what I understand they must be clear (not colored) tubes like the rental ones. This is done for safety reasons.

Hi, does anyone know what room numbers on the 5th floor are closest to the CL lounge?

Room 5631 was pretty close- two or three doors from the lounge so I would think rooms around that number would fit the definition. It was near the elevators too, since they are close to the lounge. Nice view of the back entrance as well. Amazing Room!!! But from everything I've read, your best bet for a request would be a description of what it is you are looking for in a room and not a specific room number.

So do we have to rent them? Do you know what they charge for that? Is it worth bringing our own?

If I remember correctly they were $3 an hour or $10 a day. We tried them once but they were a little too big for my girls. We ended up buying noodles - I think they were $4.00. We were flying home so we just gave them to another family on our last day.

So do we have to rent them? Do you know what they charge for that? Is it worth bringing our own?

Two years ago they were $3/hour or $10/day. I'm not sure if they have gone up since then.

As far as being worth it, that's a matter of opinion. But I did notice that, by the end of the day there were lots of "orphaned" tubes lying around and it didn't seem to be a problem for folks to borrow them. I'm not condoning that, nor am I being judgmental...just an observation. :upsidedow

We will be checking into the YC early this Saturday (probably around 7am.) :banana: I am not expecting the room to be ready, but will we be able to use our KTTW cards for charging in the parks that morning? Also, can we use SAB even if our room isn't ready yet? We are driving so I planned to keep our swimming gear in the car so we will have it.

Thx!

Amy

TeenaS will correct this if I'm wrong, but based on all the times this questions has been raised, I feel confident in saying that you can start using the KTTW cards as soon as you check in which you can do even with that early of an arrival. Also, once you check in, SAB is available to you to enjoy.

Have a great trip.

Hi Teena,

A question for you if you don't mind. One another thread that I asked about In room welcome celebrations, you replied that if staying at BC/YC that we could arrange to have a basket created from the CM at the Marketplace, I believe. Can you give me info on what we can get and who I should contact? The more I think about the in room welcome it is a lot of money for not a lot of stuff. thanks, it is greatly appreciated. :flower3:

The managers at the Beach Club Marketplace are who I've dealt with. I'd just try to get ahold of one of them and tell them what it is for and what you would like in it. Normally guests are there in person and go around and say I want this, this, that, some of these, etc. and then the Marketplace makes up the basket all pretty and can have it delivered to the room. I would think you could arrange it via telephone with a credit card but you sort of need to know what you'd like in it although I think they could suggest some things if you give them an idea who it is for. They only charge a real small amount over what the actual items are to purchase in the Marketplace. It's a great deal.

We will be checking into the YC early this Saturday (probably around 7am.) :banana: I am not expecting the room to be ready, but will we be able to use our KTTW cards for charging in the parks that morning? Also, can we use SAB even if our room isn't ready yet? We are driving so I planned to keep our swimming gear in the car so we will have it.

Thx!

Amy

You are a guest of the hotel and can use everything at the hotel the second you check in whether or not your room is ready. On the day your check out, even though you must be out of your room by 11 AM, you are still a guest of the hotel and can use your KTTW card and charge and use all the facilities (except your room obviously) until midnight.

Room 5631 was pretty close- two or three doors from the lounge so I would think rooms around that number would fit the definition. It was near the elevators too, since they are close to the lounge. Nice view of the back entrance as well. Amazing Room!!! But from everything I've read, your best bet for a request would be a description of what it is you are looking for in a room and not a specific room number.

Absolutely correct ... especially about a description rather than a specific room number.

The managers at the Beach Club Marketplace are who I've dealt with. I'd just try to get ahold of one of them and tell them what it is for and what you would like in it. Normally guests are there in person and go around and say I want this, this, that, some of these, etc. and then the Marketplace makes up the basket all pretty and can have it delivered to the room. I would think you could arrange it via telephone with a credit card but you sort of need to know what you'd like in it although I think they could suggest some things if you give them an idea who it is for. They only charge a real small amount over what the actual items are to purchase in the Marketplace. It's a great deal.

thanks for the info, i will try calling there and see what we can put together. I would like to surprise the kids.

janloz said:
thanks for the info, i will try calling there and see what we can put together. I would like to surprise the kids.

Janloz- let us know how that goes. Sounds like a great idea. DH and I will celebrate our anniversary while there in oct/nov so would love to do something like that for him too!

Julie

I'm soooooo happy we added another night to our reservation at the YC :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

We were going to try Universal for the HP land but were scared away by the thoughts of the weekend crowds.... Another day at SAB sounds much more peaceful than dealing with that mess.

I'm off to Disney's Vero Beach Resort early Tuesday morning for a mini vacation and won't be able to get on a computer until sometime on Friday. I'll try to catch up with all the posts then.

Janloz- let us know how that goes. Sounds like a great idea. DH and I will celebrate our anniversary while there in oct/nov so would love to do something like that for him too!

Julie

I'm interested too. We will be celebrating our anniversary and my hubby's retirement when we go in December. I would like to get something together for him. :)

I'm off to Disney's Vero Beach Resort early Tuesday morning for a mini vacation and won't be able to get on a computer until sometime on Friday. I'll try to catch up with all the posts then.

Have a great time :cool1: We'll miss you.:flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter