The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness, Teena! I can't believe you took the time to write all of that for me! You are amazing! And thank you for the explanation. I will keep calling back just in case. And I didn't even think of doing that with Southwest. We are flying SW to WDW. I should check on that as well!

You could also see if you could use the pin code at YC and then when you check in do what Teena suggested and ask if it would be possible to switch over to BC. Good luck!

Soooooo, is it bad form to have my little BC maps with me at the desk when I check in....lol? :scared1:

I will have no idea where the rooms that they're giving us are located without those maps. But I'm afraid that it's over-the-top and going to annoy the CM. :confused3

What to do, what to do.

Soooooo, is it bad form to have my little BC maps with me at the desk when I check in....lol? :scared1:

I will have no idea where the rooms that they're giving us are located without those maps. But I'm afraid that it's over-the-top and going to annoy the CM. :confused3

What to do, what to do.

They have maps at the desk so instead of showing them yours, ask them to please show you on their maps where your room is.

Teena - how was Typhoon Lagoon?

We always go to Blizzard Beach, but I'm pretty sure we won't be making it there this year!

Years ago we had a bad experience at Typhoon Lagoon. DD who at that time was 6 got lost because another man had the same bathing suit on as DH and she got confused. It was only for a few minutes but was VERY traumatic. Add to that other dd got scraped up pretty good in the wave pool. I really like TL but now we only go to BB because they are still afraid of TL! Kids!

Did you have a ball? I don't want to say anything because I know dd feels so bad about having to miss the waterpark this year, but I'm really going to miss going to BB. We had planned on going twice this year.

Years ago when DH was running the marathon they had the waterparks and more option free when you bought MYW tickets. So I added the no expiration for $50 and got 6 water park days for each of us! I always tell DH that was the best $250 I ever spent!

You won't believe this but yesterday was the first time we've been back to TL since Jeanne was nine years old (she's 29 now). We spent so much time in the wave pool getting beat up by the waves and laughing and laughing and drinking half the water, and totally getting beat up ... on purpose ... we went out up to our chins and just laughed ourselves silly when the waves hit us and carried us so far and tumbled us around. We were there when it opened but had to leave at 1 PM to get home in time for the soccer game on TV. All was fun until I tried to get out of bed this morning. I could barely move. I felt like a Mack truck hit me. So after 3 Aleves, I got ready for work and it was a tough day ... the Aleve wore off around 2 PM.

We'll definitely not wait another 20 years to go again. We had so much fun. We called Jeanne last night and we both were on the phone and said, "those waves are much bigger and stronger than when we were there 20 years ago." She laughed and said she doubted that very much ... we just thought that because we were 20 years older. Not funny! (but probably true)

So sorry you are going to miss the water park this year. But we all know you'll be back next year!!

Teena - Sounds like you had a blast at TL. Now, I do have a question for you. Do they sell Autograph Books in the shop at BC? My son really wants one now, but I don't really want to pay S&H, so am hoping to get one right away when we arrive. Thank you.

Teena - Sounds like you had a blast at TL. Now, I do have a question for you. Do they sell Autograph Books in the shop at BC? My son really wants one now, but I don't really want to pay S&H, so am hoping to get one right away when we arrive. Thank you.

They have lots of different kinds ... so no problem. See you soon!

5 more sleeps!!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

I can't believe our trip is almost here! DD and I looked at the pictures over on the resorts photo board last night and it just made me all the more excited. I am not sure how I am going to work this week, at least I work in a school and school is now out for the summer!!! I am a 12 month employee so I still have to work over the summer, but it is a nice break with no kids and no teachers! A lot of preparation is required to get the school ready for the next school year.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So excited :yay::yay: Just finished paying off our trip. :dance3: Now we just have to wait until Sept to come.

DisneyMomx7 so sorry to hear about your worries about DD and flights, hotels, etc. Hope it all works out ok. :flower3:

5 more sleeps!!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

I can't believe our trip is almost here! DD and I looked at the pictures over on the resorts photo board last night and it just made me all the more excited. I am not sure how I am going to work this week, at least I work in a school and school is now out for the summer!!! I am a 12 month employee so I still have to work over the summer, but it is a nice break with no kids and no teachers! A lot of preparation is required to get the school ready for the next school year.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Just looking at the BC/YC picture thread really gets me going too!
Have a wonderful trip.

So excited :yay::yay: Just finished paying off our trip. :dance3: Now we just have to wait until Sept to come.

DisneyMomx7 so sorry to hear about your worries about DD and flights, hotels, etc. Hope it all works out ok. :flower3:

Thank you. It's funny we just finished paying off our trip a day or so before dd broke her leg. Just when you think all your ducks are in a row . . .

Anyway by tomorrow we'll know the date of the cast removal - so that means we'll know if we are able to stay our original dates the whole time at BC or if not, we'll have to make a decision where we will spend the last 4 or 5 nights. If we have to move then I'll have to once again rearrange our dining.

By the 21st we are supposed to have a decision from AMEX/Air Tran so we'll know whether we are flying or driving.

Now I just need to lose about 7 lbs before we go - all this stress is making me eat like crazy!

Just looking at the BC/YC picture thread really gets me going too!
Have a wonderful trip.

Robyn~ I know you have kids and have been to the BC before are you comfortable letting your kids move about the resort without you? We are going to have our "anniversary dinner" one night in Epcot and the girls will not be going with us. My DD who will be 16 next month and her BF want to stay at the resort and do the campfire/smores and watch the movie. Would you feel okay leaving your kids of that age at the resort "alone". We will have our cell phones with us (have them on at all times since leaving DS home alone!) so they can get us if they need us. And they will have their room keys to get back to the CL floor as well.

Just to add my DD is very reliable and never gets into trouble - she is my "good" child - her brother on the other hand...well:rolleyes1

When I go to do online check in is there a spot for you to put any requests you might have. And does it really make sense to do online check in if we are staying CL, and arriving around noon.........

My husband and i are trying to decide where to stay on our holiday to Florida next year. We normally stay at Carribean beach. Weve stayed at Animal Kingdom lodge, which i wasn't over impressed with.

Next year we will be taking our 16 month old. We thought the Beach club might be a good idea because of it's location and walking to Epcot and Hollywood studios with a stroller. Would you recommend Beach club with a 16 month old? Have you taken a child this age?

I've heard bad reports about the bus service. How do you find it?

Thanks

Robyn~ I know you have kids and have been to the BC before are you comfortable letting your kids move about the resort without you? We are going to have our "anniversary dinner" one night in Epcot and the girls will not be going with us. My DD who will be 16 next month and her BF want to stay at the resort and do the campfire/smores and watch the movie. Would you feel okay leaving your kids of that age at the resort "alone". We will have our cell phones with us (have them on at all times since leaving DS home alone!) so they can get us if they need us. And they will have their room keys to get back to the CL floor as well.

Just to add my DD is very reliable and never gets into trouble - she is my "good" child - her brother on the other hand...well:rolleyes1

At 16 I would feel comfortable leaving them at the campfire/movie. I think they would be fine and will probably have a ball.

Now with my older kids at 16 I would have had no problem leaving my sons to do the campfire/movie but my oldest daughter not so much! Good news she's grown into a very responsible adult!

Where are you having your anniversary dinner?

This is the surprise CL trip, right? You must be soooooo excited!

When I go to do online check in is there a spot for you to put any requests you might have. And does it really make sense to do online check in if we are staying CL, and arriving around noon.........

I wouldn't bother with online check in when you are staying CL. CL has a separate check in anyway so I don't think it will save you much time.

At 16 I would feel comfortable leaving them at the campfire/movie. I think they would be fine and will probably have a ball.

Now with my older kids at 16 I would have had no problem leaving my sons to do the campfire/movie but my oldest daughter not so much! Good news she's grown into a very responsible adult!

Where are you having your anniversary dinner?

This is the surprise CL trip, right? You must be soooooo excited!

You are right, we are staying CL and no one knows (except me!)!!!! I did show DD some pictures of the CL lounge last night and told her only "special" people get to stay there. Little does she know how special she is.

We decided to do Chefs de France for our anniversary dinner. I am trying to get the most meals I can out of the DDP and we have never eaten there. I must say that I am very very picky with my food and the menus at the Signature Restaurants do not have much on them I will eat (I do not eat alot of veggies :sad2:)

Thanks for the advice about leaving my DD at the resort "alone". Both she and her BF are both good girls and will not get into trouble. I just worry about them without us being real close. Of course, as most teens do, they will both have their phones so I know they can reach us in case of emergency.

Okay, so i've been searching through this thread and this has come up a few times but I'm looking for a more substantial answer.

Inner tubes in SAB. We have always brought our own (usually clear, colored ones). I'm hearing grumblings that you are no longer allowed to bring your own or that they must non-colored clear ones like the rental tubes. Does anyone know official policy on this one? or Has anyone used their own tubes at SAB recently?

Hi Teena,

A question for you if you don't mind. One another thread that I asked about In room welcome celebrations, you replied that if staying at BC/YC that we could arrange to have a basket created from the CM at the Marketplace, I believe. Can you give me info on what we can get and who I should contact? The more I think about the in room welcome it is a lot of money for not a lot of stuff. thanks, it is greatly appreciated. :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter