The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ cburek....do either 2629 or 2631 have a daybed? Was it annoying being by the elevators?

@ brerdawg....are 2630 and 2632 connecting and do either have a daybed? Was it annoying being by the elevators?

Thanks!

Hello all. We just changed our ressie for December over to the BC. I noticed they refurbed the pool in Jan 09 and I was wondering how often they do pool refurbs and do they do them in December. We are taking the leisurely approach for this vaca and plan on visiting the pool often.

Thanks

@ cburek....do either 2629 or 2631 have a daybed? Was it annoying being by the elevators?

@ brerdawg....are 2630 and 2632 connecting and do either have a daybed? Was it annoying being by the elevators?

Thanks!

Yes 2629 had a daybed and 2 queens 2631 was a handicap room with 2 queen beds.We never noticed any noise with the elevator. If I recall, the elevator was down the hall and then you turned left for the elevator. Not a problem at all.

We are staying at YC in Sept. We have just a standard room booked. Are there any rooms that are not parking lot views on just a standard level? I would much rather look at trees than parking lol I am trying to get an idea of maybe what to ask for when we arrive.

I was just reading some reviews of the YC on TripAdvisor. Someone mentioned in their review that they had a shared balcony at the YC, (but it was fine because the other people never came out!) :confused3

Is this true?! I just assumed that each balcony was private. The balcony was one of the main reasons for selecting this resort.

Amy

I love it! So on the fence about rebooking BWI CL again - stayed there in 09 but gave YC a chance. The pictures of YC CL never WOWED me on the computer. I don't know, seemed rather plain. WAsn't that nuts about the rooms. Well drum roll - I got my wedding gazebo view!!! Which now I understand - out of 32 standard club level rooms - 4 have this view. GORGEOUS view. I adore it!!! Can see the lagoon from the balcony as well.

The rooms are so vibrant in real life. Very rich looking. Immaculate. I love the carded private entrance to the 5th floor. I love having 2 CMs on the floor to help with dining. Feels much more grand to me than the Boardwalk. I think b/c whole floor is club. Honestly I will stay here again for sure but I think I would book Lagoon View b/c there is no way the odds would be in my favor for the rose garden view again, though I prefer it over the full lagoon view! It is simply gorgeous.

Staff and mousekeeping are all terrific. The proximity to Epcot is hilarious - 5 minutes tops vs. BWI at about 16 and in the summer that 11 minutes is a lot!!!! Rooms are super clean. Just really classy. I LOVE the furniture in the lobby. Very much my style of home. In fact DD said she felt like she was in our living room at home. I can't tel you how much i love my view, the hotel, etc. All my agonizing for months was worth it!!

Won't be back on line for over a week - I 'm on vacation!!! :))) Will post more info when I get back....

DH and I will be staying at BC for the first time in Sept. (40% PIN - yay!). A big part of the decision was the proximity to Epcot (our fav park). I've seen different opinions on the best location to stay within the resort - some like to stay near the walkway to Epcot, others say near lobby/restaurants. I've even seen some people report that they get the free WIFI in their rooms when they're really close to the lobby! Any opinions you can all share would be much appreciated. I've looked at the online map but it's hard to get a handle on the true scope of things. Thanks!! :)

I love it! I got my wedding gazebo view!!! Which now I understand - out of 32 standard club level rooms - 4 have this view. GORGEOUS view. I adore it!!! Can see the lagoon from the balcony as well.

I know you won't see this response for awhile, but CONGRATULATIONS on getting the beautiful view you were looking for!!! Enjoy your trip! Hope you had a chance to chat with Teena!

scottmel, hope you had a great week at WDW. Can't wait for a full report.

Robyn, it's you (TeenaS and a host of others) that make this the absolute best thread on these boards. VENT because it helps releive the stress. We can take it.

Just back from our first visit to the BC. The resort was outstanding, but the housekeeping was a little lacking. They did everything right, except take out the trash.:confused3 Every day it was the same thing. Make up the bed, restock the bathroom, but leave the trash in the room, and don't worry about sweeping the carpet. Couldn't figure this one out.

I love it! So on the fence about rebooking BWI CL again - stayed there in 09 but gave YC a chance. The pictures of YC CL never WOWED me on the computer. I don't know, seemed rather plain. WAsn't that nuts about the rooms. Well drum roll - I got my wedding gazebo view!!! Which now I understand - out of 32 standard club level rooms - 4 have this view. GORGEOUS view. I adore it!!! Can see the lagoon from the balcony as well.

The rooms are so vibrant in real life. Very rich looking. Immaculate. I love the carded private entrance to the 5th floor. I love having 2 CMs on the floor to help with dining. Feels much more grand to me than the Boardwalk. I think b/c whole floor is club. Honestly I will stay here again for sure but I think I would book Lagoon View b/c there is no way the odds would be in my favor for the rose garden view again, though I prefer it over the full lagoon view! It is simply gorgeous.

Staff and mousekeeping are all terrific. The proximity to Epcot is hilarious - 5 minutes tops vs. BWI at about 16 and in the summer that 11 minutes is a lot!!!! Rooms are super clean. Just really classy. I LOVE the furniture in the lobby. Very much my style of home. In fact DD said she felt like she was in our living room at home. I can't tel you how much i love my view, the hotel, etc. All my agonizing for months was worth it!!

Won't be back on line for over a week - I 'm on vacation!!! :))) Will post more info when I get back....

YEAH! I'm so glad you are loving YC CL.

See I told you it would be wonderful!

Have a magical trip - can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

scottmel, hope you had a great week at WDW. Can't wait for a full report.

Robyn, it's you (TeenaS and a host of others) that make this the absolute best thread on these boards. VENT because it helps releive the stress. We can take it.

Thank you! Venting here DOES help relieve the stress since my friends probably think I'm completely crazy worrying about all the changes with our trip.

Once I get the confirmed cast removal date - make plans accordingly and find out what is happening with the fly/drive situation I promise I'll be back to my normal, BC/YC/Disney obsessed self!

Teena, I called with a 40% pin the other day and was told that there aren't any BC standard view rooms available to use a pin for the dates we'll be there. I'm already booked BC standard but they can't just apply it to our existing reservation. Are you saying that there might be availability despite them telling me there isn't?

No. I'll try to explain how it works (or the way I've been told it works). It's like an airplane - let's go with Southwest since all the seats are identical, no first class, etc. Let's say there are 100 seats on the plane. Those seats, no matter where they are on the plane, all cost different amounts. Maybe 15 of them are sold as Q class which costs $100 each, another 15 are sold as Y class and cost $125 each, then another 15 are sold as Z class and cost $180 each, and so on and so on. Same thing at the resorts. There might be 200 standard view rooms. They may release 25 of them for the 40% off pin rate, another 25 of them for the 35% off Code M package deal, another 50 rooms might be put aside for the Florida resident rate, and the rest may be available at the rack rate (full price). Maybe all the ones that were made available for your rate have been sold out. These are not particular individual rooms, just the number they sell at your rate ... doesn't mean you will get a better view or lousier view ... the resort doesn't care what you paid for the room. Each guest no matter what they pay is the same.

So, what I meant was just because they say there is no availability at the 40% pin rate doesn't mean there are still no standard view rooms available to sell at the resort. It just means they aren't selling them at that discounted rate. That's why you need to keep checking. Let's say it gets to be a month before your arrival time and there are still 50 standard view rooms not sold, they could release more of them at the pin rate. You never know. It's a big guessing game ... exactly like the airlines! I always book my tickets at whatever rate is available on Southwest and then check twice a day until I leave. The rate normally decreases about three times before I end up flying and each time it decreases, I quickly rebook at the new rate and get a voucher for the difference. Luckily Southwest does not charge you anything to change your tickets or flights.

Hope I explained that okay.

Hello all. We just changed our ressie for December over to the BC. I noticed they refurbed the pool in Jan 09 and I was wondering how often they do pool refurbs and do they do them in December. We are taking the leisurely approach for this vaca and plan on visiting the pool often.

Thanks

I've worked there over six years and I believe none of the rehabs during that time have been in December. They normally scheduled rehabs to start in January unless an emergency comes up and then they have to take it down as quickly as possible (obviously). Just like a car. You do the scheduled maintenance at the normal time but sometimes things happen unexpectedly and unplanned for.

We are staying at YC in Sept. We have just a standard room booked. Are there any rooms that are not parking lot views on just a standard level? I would much rather look at trees than parking lol I am trying to get an idea of maybe what to ask for when we arrive.

There are plenty that are trees or courtyards and plenty of parking lot and roof views too. Just add a request on your reservation that says "woods or courtyard view please".

I was just reading some reviews of the YC on TripAdvisor. Someone mentioned in their review that they had a shared balcony at the YC, (but it was fine because the other people never came out!) :confused3

Is this true?! I just assumed that each balcony was private. The balcony was one of the main reasons for selecting this resort.

Amy

There are a few with a shared huge balcony but not many.

DH and I will be staying at BC for the first time in Sept. (40% PIN - yay!). A big part of the decision was the proximity to Epcot (our fav park). I've seen different opinions on the best location to stay within the resort - some like to stay near the walkway to Epcot, others say near lobby/restaurants. I've even seen some people report that they get the free WIFI in their rooms when they're really close to the lobby! Any opinions you can all share would be much appreciated. I've looked at the online map but it's hard to get a handle on the true scope of things. Thanks!! :)

It all depends on what you want. I can tell you that nobody is getting free WIFI anywhere now ... it's gone.

Teena - how was Typhoon Lagoon?

We always go to Blizzard Beach, but I'm pretty sure we won't be making it there this year!

Years ago we had a bad experience at Typhoon Lagoon. DD who at that time was 6 got lost because another man had the same bathing suit on as DH and she got confused. It was only for a few minutes but was VERY traumatic. Add to that other dd got scraped up pretty good in the wave pool. I really like TL but now we only go to BB because they are still afraid of TL! Kids!

Did you have a ball? I don't want to say anything because I know dd feels so bad about having to miss the waterpark this year, but I'm really going to miss going to BB. We had planned on going twice this year.

Years ago when DH was running the marathon they had the waterparks and more option free when you bought MYW tickets. So I added the no expiration for $50 and got 6 water park days for each of us! I always tell DH that was the best $250 I ever spent!

So, what I meant was just because they say there is no availability at the 40% pin rate doesn't mean there are still no standard view rooms available to sell at the resort. It just means they aren't selling them at that discounted rate. That's why you need to keep checking. Let's say it gets to be a month before your arrival time and there are still 50 standard view rooms not sold, they could release more of them at the pin rate. You never know. It's a big guessing game ... exactly like the airlines! I always book my tickets at whatever rate is available on Southwest and then check twice a day until I leave. The rate normally decreases about three times before I end up flying and each time it decreases, I quickly rebook at the new rate and get a voucher for the difference. Luckily Southwest does not charge you anything to change your tickets or flights.

Hope I explained that okay.

Oh my goodness, Teena! I can't believe you took the time to write all of that for me! You are amazing! And thank you for the explanation. I will keep calling back just in case. And I didn't even think of doing that with Southwest. We are flying SW to WDW. I should check on that as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter