The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just changed our reservations from CR to YC!!!! I really wanted to try BC,but with my PIN code all that was available in a standard room was YC. Still excited about it!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't Wait.

Hi Robyn,
For me hands down it would be Polynesian LVC. Luckily, you have stayed at both so I would put it to a family vote. Sugarloaf seems a bit closer to the main building than Hawaii but both have a zero entry pool which would be easier for your DD getting in/out. Also there is a GP 40% code for your dates which may be better than the AP rate. Good Luck!

Requests are very limited as to how much you can say on the reservation. You can also send in a fax like you have above but it's not really necessary and to be honest, half the time they don't even get to the room assignors. Your best bet is to have your request on your reservation. That being said, what did you book? If you booked a standard view, asking for a water view on the second floor isn't going to work because that's not what you booked. If you booked a standard view and you want to be on the second floor with a full balcony, then your request on your reservation should say "second floor with full balcony requested". The second floor standard views are mostly courtyard and woods so that's a good request. Or you could just say "courtyard or garden view with full balcony requested" and forget the floor.

If you really want a waterview, you should consider changing your reservation to a waterview. Then your only request would have to be full balcony since if you book a waterview, you'll get a view of water (pool or lake).

Teena,
Thanks for your input. Since it doesn't really matter to me/us if there's a water view or not, I think I'll just call and ask them to add "second floor with full balcony" request to our res (I think we booked standard, but I'm not 100% sure, since we were orig. booked at POP and upgraded). If I'm reading everything here correctly, it seems as though the 2nd floor has good views and more full balconies, right? Or would you recommend a different floor/location? Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you next weekend!
Michelle

Just changed our reservations from CR to YC!!!! I really wanted to try BC,but with my PIN code all that was available in a standard room was YC. Still excited about it!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't Wait.

If you really want the BC instead of the YC, when you go to check-in at the YC, just ask the CM if there is availability at the BC and if so, could you switch. This happens quite a lot and since it's basically the same resort, if there is room, we'd be glad to switch you. Also, confirm with them that it is the same price. Although Disney Reservations says there is no standard room at the BC available with your pin code, that doesn't mean it's sold out at the BC so definitely ask. If you are going to do this, do not do an on-line check-in. Just go to the normal check-in line.

Teena,
Thanks for your input. Since it doesn't really matter to me/us if there's a water view or not, I think I'll just call and ask them to add "second floor with full balcony" request to our res (I think we booked standard, but I'm not 100% sure, since we were orig. booked at POP and upgraded). If I'm reading everything here correctly, it seems as though the 2nd floor has good views and more full balconies, right? Or would you recommend a different floor/location? Thanks again and I look forward to meeting you next weekend!
Michelle

The second floor is definitely a good bet. There are less "ugly" views on the second floor and less standing balconies on the second floor. Have a safe trip and see you soon.

I just changed our reservation yesterday to the YC from the AKL! We love AKL, but the YC looks beautiful and SAB seems like it will be perfect for our kids. We will be checking in very early this coming Saturday. Reading this thread is really fun - thanks for all the great info.:banana:

Amy

Hi Robyn,
For me hands down it would be Polynesian LVC. Luckily, you have stayed at both so I would put it to a family vote. Sugarloaf seems a bit closer to the main building than Hawaii but both have a zero entry pool which would be easier for your DD getting in/out. Also there is a GP 40% code for your dates which may be better than the AP rate. Good Luck!

Unfortunately we can't got CL at the Poly. The choices are Poly TPV, GF TPV or GP SL.

My MIL is in the hospital and DH and one dd are away visiting her. They live three hours away, near Gettysburg. I did ask the two at home (dd 12 and ds9) and they both picked GF - although one picked GF SL and one picked GF TPV. I'll check with other dd when she gets home. DH will say "why worry about this until we find out for sure if the dates are changing". Needless to say he is not the planner in our family! He's used to just being told when and where we're going so even with being a non planner all this craziness and changing has him a bit shell shocked too!

I just checked my appointment card and I had my dates wrong. Her appointment with the orthopedic surgeon isn't until Tuesday, so that's one more day that my plans are up in the air. We were told that the airline will let us know by June 21 how they are planning to resoved that problem.

All I want to know is when I'm going, where I'm staying and how I'm getting there! Is that too much to ask? So on top of everything now I have an extra day to drive myelf nuts with - well if we have to change our last four or five days do we go with GF or Poly. Oh and add into the mixture I just was playing with numbers and if we went with GF or Poly gv room I could add an extra day in for what we were paying for BC CL. I think I need therapy!

DisnyMomx7 (aka Robyn), You need a big HAKUNAMATADA!! Good luck on Monday and we'll all be hoping to hear the good news tomorrow evening.

And if it were me, the GF would win over Poly any day. Can't get enough of sitting in the lobby in the late afternoon with a nice drink listening to a little music being played on that grand piano before heading off to dinner. But then, DW and I are traveling without kids these days and can enjoy these little things in life.

Deep breath Robyn:hug:
Actually, I wouldn't pay extra for TPV at Polynesian. Its too easy to view from the grounds. Do you have any interest in Contemporary/Atrium; the views from the rooms are amazing! Another thought is to just do BC std for 4 nights.

Well after seeing several fantastic photos posted on the YC, BC photo thread by a user named TestTrackBoy, I LOVE the looks of the YC!!! All the other pics I saw made the resort look so dark and dull, but you can really see the lobby well with his pics!!!

I am no longer going to worry about wanting to get a room at BC. :cool1:

Deep breath Robyn:hug:
Actually, I wouldn't pay extra for TPV at Polynesian. Its too easy to view from the grounds. Do you have any interest in Contemporary/Atrium; the views from the rooms are amazing! Another thought is to just do BC std for 4 nights.

Ds would love to stay at CR but that's the one resort DH has absolutely no interest in staying at. Of course with the way this trip is going who knows what will happen! DH hates split stays - but if he has to do them I think he'll want to do a whole different resort for the last days. We did this in 2008 when we did our Grand Gathering. We were at BC CL for 8 nights and then when everyone else went home we moved over to the Poly for the last 6 nights. We had a really great Poly room that trip - gv- 3rd floor Samoa facing the volcano pool.

I keep going back and forth (although still hoping that we'll be at BC the whole time) - GF SL sounds great because we love CL! Poly is really relaxing to me and goodness knows I need to RELAX. GF has a lot of memories for us because that's the resort we always stayed at when the kids were little.

If we have to change I am definitely letting the kids and DH vote - right now I am too nuts to make the decision. Let the chips fall where they may . . .

I can only post this on this thread because if I posted it anywhere else I would have the myriad of posters telling me how lucky we are that we can even go to Disney, pick a deluxe, and stay for a long trip. Yes I know we are LUCKY - but I still hate having all these plans up in the air! Luckily on this thread I very rarely see snarky, mean behavior.

Thanks for everyone for being so nice and understanding while I lose my mind!

I have this posted this question on a different post, but thought I could get a better explaination here. I have a trip booked for December with the 40% off pin code. I wanted to stay at a MK resort, but none were available for the week I wanted with the pin. The CM taking my reservation talked me into BC after some debate between that and AKL. She highly recommended it since I will be traveling with young children. We have stayed at BWI before and wasn't crazy about it, but I figured I'd give the Epcot resorts area another chance. I have looked at the BC pictures and am now excited about staying there, especially since it is so close to Epcot. My problem is, I was reading this other post and found out not every room has a balcony and I will need a balcony. I have a 2 year old that will need to take a nap and go to bed earlier than the other children and I need somewhere we can go so the little one will fall asleep. The balcony is the only reason we are staying at a deluxe resort. Can someone explain the balcony situation to me? What are the odds I will get a balcony if I request one? TIA for the help!:)

If a balcony is the most important thing to you, you can do one of two things.

See if you can switch to pin discount over to YC. Almost all of the YC rooms have a balcony.

Or you can chance it with BC and make a full balcony your only request. If you do end up with a room without a full balcony you can request a change and if they have a room available they'll move you.

Or, third option, request a 1st floor room and get a patio. Still only a request but from what I've seen there are not a lot of first floor requests so that might work out even better for you.

Good luck - and I think you really will enjoy BC/YC.

I can only post this on this thread because if I posted it anywhere else I would have the myriad of posters telling me how lucky we are that we can even go to Disney, pick a deluxe, and stay for a long trip. Yes I know we are LUCKY - but I still hate having all these plans up in the air! Luckily on this thread I very rarely see snarky, mean behavior.

Completely understand...I'm not even staying at BC this trip but its still where I "hang out" the most:rotfl:

Hello everyone!
I am planning our first trip to WDW this September. We'll be staying at the BC and can hardly wait!

I had a question about the refillable mugs. Can you get apple juice for them? My DS7 will only drink water, milk, or apple juice (and occasionally orange juice at breakfast). He absolutely will not do soft drinks. So if we can only get soft drinks for the mugs, then I will bring a bunch of juice boxes with me.

Thanks!
Kim

If we have to change I am definitely letting the kids and DH vote - right now I am too nuts to make the decision. Let the chips fall where they may . . .

Big hugs! You have SO much stress right now. You totally deserve a vent!!! I like your idea of letting the rest of the family decide. You know it'll be a magical vacation once you get there because you'll really, really need it by then!
We stayed at CR and Poly and really liked them both. We haven't done CL anywhere (yet!) so I can't comment. We've only stayed deluxe or deluxe villa but we usually stay in the "cheap" rooms. Once my med school debt is paid off.....
I often feel a little guilty when I realize that we're making our 5th trip in 3 years (all at deluxe or DVC) and some people can only make one trip in a lifetime and that's staying Value or off-site. We've been very blessed in life (2 surgeons with 3 healthy children). I'm sure there are many people who work as many hours as I have/do and make much less. I also have learned (the hard way) that if we don't take time away from our stressful jobs to enjoy life and family, it's not worth it!
Yes, it would be that much more upsetting if this were your "once in a lifetime" trip but that doesn't take anything away from what you're going through! You're very generous with your advice and I can't imagine anyone begrudging you the right to vent about what's happening!!!

Amanda

Thank you!

Good luck with your medical school debt - my older ds is getting ready to start his third (and last!) year of law school and I shudder when I think of the debt he will have. Hopefully he'll be able to find a good job after law school and it won't be as bad as it sounds!

Yes I too am very thankful that we are able to take our Disney trips! DH has his own business (CPA) and spends long hours working. Our trips are our time to "regroup" and spend family time together. I'm fortunate in that I can stay home with our kids and that gives DH the flexibility to put so much time into his business.

This thread is wonderful, everyone is usually so kind and helpful.

Other threads can sometimes not be so nice.

A few years ago I got ripped to pieces when we were trying to decide between GF and the Poly. I made the mistake of saying the kids were voting for GF and DH was voting for the Poly and people went nuts! I always said that if it was the same situation, but switch All Stars and POP for the GF and Poly it would never have caused such a stir!

Well wish me luck that we are able to keep our original dates and do our whole trip at BC. It not, we will make the best of it! I honestly believe that after that has happened with this trip we will definitely APPRECIATE being at Disney even more than we usually do.

Although Disney Reservations says there is no standard room at the BC available with your pin code, that doesn't mean it's sold out at the BC so definitely ask.

Teena, I called with a 40% pin the other day and was told that there aren't any BC standard view rooms available to use a pin for the dates we'll be there. I'm already booked BC standard but they can't just apply it to our existing reservation. Are you saying that there might be availability despite them telling me there isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter