The 2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Teena!!! Thank you sooo much for the helpful hints. I'll definitely give a call to Member Services tomorrow to add those other notations. And we'll certainly plan to take a walk over to the "bright side" to say hello :) How late are you there on Mondays?

BTW - I grew up in Central PA and share your deep and passionate love for TastyKakes. Fortunately (or unfortunately ;)) I live in NJ now, but we're close enough to Philly that the full TastyKake product line is pretty accessible in all our local stores.

Lucky you to be able to buy them! On Mondays I'm there until around 6 PM. I start at 9:30 AM.

Oh my gosh, that is unbelievable! We used to see cranes a lot when we lived in Tampa but don't see them down here in South Florida. I've never heard of them being that tame! :eek:

I think they just consider Bob and me a food source. I can get right next to them. They know our voices. We call them "Mama's Babies" and as soon as they hear us say "Mama's Babies, we're coming", they get all excited and dance and jump but never get far away from us. Sometimes we let our cats out in the screened in porch and they aren't afraid of them at all. The younger one actually sort of plays with the cats ... nose to nose against the screen. We have a bowl of water for them too ... they love a fresh drink.

I normally take lunch from 12:45 to 1:15 so if I'm not in the lobby, I'll be back soon.
OK! I don't know how long the process takes, so hard to say for sure, but if you're not there when we come in, I'll still make sure to get by and see you!

Can you request (and perhaps even have guaranteed) a KING room at YC (or BC)? If yes, which resort (if not at both)?

Posting a pic for Teena :) :) :)
jeannes20pics20090820059202.jpg

Cute little guys and great view! Hey did you know a view was important to me?:rotfl2: C U Monday!!!

How do you make them? I went to the online check-in yesterday, and the only thing about special requests that came up were about cribs, and they were only check boxes. There was nowhere to type in anything like "water view, please" or anything like that. So, how are all of these room requests actually made?

Thanks!

ONLY 8 MORE DAYS! Can't wait to see the amazement in our little girl's eyes!!!

Can you request (and perhaps even have guaranteed) a KING room at YC (or BC)? If yes, which resort (if not at both)?

You can request a king bed at both the Yacht and Beach Clubs. Neither will be guaranteed. There are very few king beds at both resorts.

How do you make them? I went to the online check-in yesterday, and the only thing about special requests that came up were about cribs, and they were only check boxes. There was nowhere to type in anything like "water view, please" or anything like that. So, how are all of these room requests actually made?

Thanks!

ONLY 8 MORE DAYS! Can't wait to see the amazement in our little girl's eyes!!!

You need to have it listed on your reservation. In other words, if you booked your reservation directly by calling Disney, then you call and have them add it to your reservation. If you booked through a travel agent, they should have it added to your reservation. Then when the reservation downloads to the resort (about 8-10 days before your arrival date), the requests are on the reservation and ready to be seen by our room assignors.

I am still doing my Single Digit Dance :yay::yay::yay:

But I now have a question....I am planning on bringing my laptop, but wondered what is the best way to secure it when we are not in the room. Will it fit in the safe? My DD has a small 13" laptop we could bring, but I would like to bring my own. What do you guys suggest.

I will have my phone (smartphone) to read my email, but I hate using the web on it. My fingernails keep me from typing on it real well :headache:

I am still doing my Single Digit Dance :yay::yay::yay:

But I now have a question....I am planning on bringing my laptop, but wondered what is the best way to secure it when we are not in the room. Will it fit in the safe? My DD has a small 13" laptop we could bring, but I would like to bring my own. What do you guys suggest.

I will have my phone (smartphone) to read my email, but I hate using the web on it. My fingernails keep me from typing on it real well :headache:

All the guests I know (one in particular stays two months every February and March) leave their computers in their rooms when they are not there. No they don't fit in the safe. If something were to be stolen from your room, security can do a history on the door lock and see what time and who entered your room. Everybody that has a key (maids, bellmen, managers, runners, etc.) have to sign out their keys so when a history is done, it will show who was in your room. Also, it will show the time and date each person in your family entered the room . One time there was a woman that claimed two twenty dollar bills were missing between the time she went to the pool and the time she returned (a 3 hour timeframe). They did a history on the lock and only one person was in that room during that time frame: her son. He apparently helped himself and had a ball at the arcade. He later admitted it when confronted with the proof. I would not hesitate to leave the laptop in the room while I wasn't there. JMO.

All the guests I know (one in particular stays two months every February and March) leave their computers in their rooms when they are not there. No they don't fit in the safe. If something were to be stolen from your room, security can do a history on the door lock and see what time and who entered your room. Everybody that has a key (maids, bellmen, managers, runners, etc.) have to sign out their keys so when a history is done, it will show who was in your room. Also, it will show the time and date each person in your family entered the room . One time there was a woman that claimed two twenty dollar bills were missing between the time she went to the pool and the time she returned (a 3 hour timeframe). They did a history on the lock and only one person was in that room during that time frame: her son. He apparently helped himself and had a ball at the arcade. He later admitted it when confronted with the proof. I would not hesitate to leave the laptop in the room while I wasn't there. JMO.

Teena would the people who stay every Feb and March be interested in adopting a 53 year old grandma????? ;)

They did a history on the lock and only one person was in that room during that time frame: her son. He apparently helped himself and had a ball at the arcade. He later admitted it when confronted with the proof.

OMG, *busted*! :laughing:

I love that Disney is this on top of things. We've always left our laptops and other electronics in the room. Now we'll do it without worrying a bit!

Hi Teena. We are staying at BC 8/3 - 8/12....standard view. It will be me,
dd13, ds10, and ds6 in our room. Nana and Papa in another room. We were there last July and I believe we had rooms 2544 and 2546. Small balconies looking on a bank of trees. But we had daybeds which turned out to be a blessing since it wasn't working with the boys in the same bed :mad:

Another great thing was that they were connecting rooms. It's just me with the three kids so that was a great help for them to be able to just walk through to N and P and take turns 'sleeping over' :cool1:

So I'm debating about how to word my requests. Is it unlikely that we'll get connecting rooms with daybeds again? Were we just extremely lucky? Any chance of a better view than trees? I know it's better than a parking lot....just hoping :confused3

We'll be celebrating my parents' 45th wedding anniversary!

Beyond excited....it's all I can think of!

Thanks for your help!

Hi Teena. We are staying at BC 8/3 - 8/12....standard view. It will be me,
dd13, ds10, and ds6 in our room. Nana and Papa in another room. We were there last July and I believe we had rooms 2544 and 2546. Small balconies looking on a bank of trees. But we had daybeds which turned out to be a blessing since it wasn't working with the boys in the same bed :mad:

Another great thing was that they were connecting rooms. It's just me with the three kids so that was a great help for them to be able to just walk through to N and P and take turns 'sleeping over' :cool1:

So I'm debating about how to word my requests. Is it unlikely that we'll get connecting rooms with daybeds again? Were we just extremely lucky? Any chance of a better view than trees? I know it's better than a parking lot....just hoping :confused3

We'll be celebrating my parents' 45th wedding anniversary!

Beyond excited....it's all I can think of!

Thanks for your help!

On your Nana's room, I'd put the request "second floor please.
Connecting room with ???? requested."

On your request, I'd put "daybed, second floor please. Connecting room with ????? requested."

Add the words "full balcony" too in there if you want a full balcony.

The standard views on the second floor are better view wise than the third or fourth floors. You have a better chance of getting roofs or parking lots with the third and fourth floors. Personally, if I booked a standard view and got a view of trees, I'd be happy because to me, that's alot better than a roof or parking lot. Yes, there are some really beautiful standard views but not many.

Also, make sure your reservations are listed as "travel withs" ... better chance of getting connecting rooms that way.

So the saga continues.

As most of you know we are trying to get AMEX to either reschedule our flights at as close as possible to the original price or refund our AMEX points. We can then either try another airline or give up and drive and just bank our points. We are going up the chain of command and had to get a letter from the orthopedic surgeon to fax to a supervisor. DH gets this yesterday and faxes them. We get a reply that another supervisor is reviewing our case and will let us know by June 21. Okay - still has me nuts because I hate no knowing what we are doing - but I can live with that.

So I'm talking to DH this morning and say - well I'm glad the surgeon finally faxed you that medical certification because I thought it was supposed to be done a few days ago. Dh tells me - yes it came and he faxed to AMEX. He said the Dr.'s note states that she will be in the case until August 2.

WHAT!!!!!! I tell DH that I questioned the dr. specifically before the surgery and he said 8 weeks to the day of the surgery. Believe me I harped on it and said that I had to reschedule our vacation . . . . Well 8 weeks from the surgery is July 28 - not August 2! I have rescheduled our whole vacation arriving at BC on July 31! I cannot get in touch with the Dr. because he won't be back until Monday. DD has a visit schedule with him on Monday so I will just pray like crazy he made a mistake when writing the certification.

If I have to reschedule everything again I think this time I will have a nervous breakdown! Now I would have to worry about getting BC for that time frame, plus DD's biggest request of the Wishes Dessert Buffet is scheduled for August 1.

PLEASE SEND PIXIE DUST!!!!!

So the saga continues.

As most of you know we are trying to get AMEX to either reschedule our flights at as close as possible to the original price or refund our AMEX points. We can then either try another airline or give up and drive and just bank our points. We are going up the chain of command and had to get a letter from the orthopedic surgeon to fax to a supervisor. DH gets this yesterday and faxes them. We get a reply that another supervisor is reviewing our case and will let us know by June 21. Okay - still has me nuts because I hate no knowing what we are doing - but I can live with that.

So I'm talking to DH this morning and say - well I'm glad the surgeon finally faxed you that medical certification because I thought it was supposed to be done a few days ago. Dh tells me - yes it came and he faxed to AMEX. He said the Dr.'s note states that she will be in the case until August 2.

WHAT!!!!!! I tell DH that I questioned the dr. specifically before the surgery and he said 8 weeks to the day of the surgery. Believe me I harped on it and said that I had to reschedule our vacation . . . . Well 8 weeks from the surgery is July 28 - not August 2! I have rescheduled our whole vacation arriving at BC on July 31! I cannot get in touch with the Dr. because he won't be back until Monday. DD has a visit schedule with him on Monday so I will just pray like crazy he made a mistake when writing the certification.

If I have to reschedule everything again I think this time I will have a nervous breakdown! Now I would have to worry about getting BC for that time frame, plus DD's biggest request of the Wishes Dessert Buffet is scheduled for August 1.

I think at this point I'd be bald -I'd have my hair all pulled out .. my nerves wouldn't be able to go through all of this. I'm such a planner and to keep changing things and not knowing about the flights, etc. ... well, I'd be broken by now! Good luck and please keep us posted!!!

So the saga continues.

Oh, my.:eek: Just hang in there and Monday you will get good news. Praying for you. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter