The 2010 World Cup Thread / South Africa

We're cheering for Portugal here :banana:

I do feel bad for Rossi as he was wanted to play for his parent's homeland...no different then the Olympics, World Hockey, etc. where athletes can choose who they want to represent

I can't help but feel bad for him too. On a lighter note, my 12 yr. old was born in Korea, is patriotic/loyal to America, and would play for Italy in a heartbeat if he was old enough and good enough :goodvibes.

Where are you guys watching the USA/ENG match on Sat? ;)

The Empire Supporters Club (the unofficial supporters of the NY Red Bulls) are holding a viewing party at the Scots Club in Kearny NJ, home of John Harkes.

My house that way I can scream and break things if things go poorly for the U.S.

Think positive, man!

There's a great tongue-in-cheek thread going on in Twitter under the has mark HateEnglandweek. Lots of funny stuff there. Me, I'm giving up English Muffins and tea this week :rotfl2:

There's a great tongue-in-cheek thread going on in Twitter under the has mark HateEnglandweek. Lots of funny stuff there. Me, I'm giving up English Muffins and tea this week :rotfl2:

I'll have to check out the Twitter thing. I had already started doing similar things. I removed all the British stuff off of my iPod (no Kaiser Chiefs, no Epcot UK Area Music, etc.), and turned all of the scarves I have collected from English Clubs upside-down on my walls at home. Every bit of mojo helps right?

Sounds like the ESC have something fun setup. I'm a Union season-ticket holder, and they're hosting the official Open House for our new stadium that day, and will be playing the game on the big screen.

Unfortunately I'm on daughter duty that day for her friend's birthday party, so I can't make it to the stadium. Oh well, I'll get my chance on the 27th when we crush the Sounders.

Anyone who has the means can watch Spain vs. Poland in a pre-World Cup warmup match online at espn3.com, kick-off is about 4pm ET.

Ahh, the benefits of doing IT work. :thumbsup2

I cant wait, I am going to watch the game at my parents :happytv: cause I hate being in the pub when you can hardly see the game!

Then off out into town afterwards to celebrate :)

Go Rooney :)

24 hours! Almost as exciting a countdown as for the trip to the World!

We are spoiled.. i have a 136" screen!!!! bwahahahahahahaha .. will be able to count grass blades!!!!

I'm not a big fan of some of the artists that are playing, but I will be tuning in at 2pm ET today for the kick-off concert they're having. I like the "official" song they've chosen, although I understand the controversy about having Shakira singing it.

Adding myself to this thread:goodvibes I'm even thinking about letting my boys take 1/2 day off school tomorrow to watch a game:rolleyes1

I cant wait, I am going to watch the game at my parents :happytv: cause I hate being in the pub when you can hardly see the game!

Then off out into town afterwards to celebrate :)

Go Rooney :)

I usually end up watching games that I've attended, after getting home. But there is no way I am watching this game alone in my house. I need to celebrate our victory with other US fans ;)

BTW, guess who gets to watch the first week of World Cup soccer from the ESPN club in WDW? :goodvibes:goodvibes

That's cool. IN 2006, I was in San Jose on business for two weeks and instead of flying home the weekend in between, I flew down to LA and spent three days in DL. I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, which conveniently was next to the ESPN Club. It opened early for the games and served breakfast and I would get there at 5:30am and grab one of those big, cushy recliner seats in the front and watched two games before heading into the park. Didn't get much sleep, but it was one of the best weekends ever.

I'm not a big fan of some of the artists that are playing, but I will be tuning in at 2pm ET today for the kick-off concert they're having. I like the "official" song they've chosen, although I understand the controversy about having Shakira singing it.

For those who cannot watch live, it is being replayed tonight on ESPN and I believe ABC is replaying it tomorrow night.

What's the deal with Shakira?

For those who cannot watch live, it is being replayed tonight on ESPN and I believe ABC is replaying it tomorrow night.

What's the deal with Shakira?

People are saying that you have a song that is based on African chants, and you get a Colombian-native to sing it. You'd think they'd have a native from the country (or even the Continent!) to sing the song.

Wow, as if I wasn't excited enough for tomorrow morning. Black Eyed Peas just rocked their song "I Gotta Feeling" as part of the kick-off concert. I am so pumped for the next month of matches!!

anyone here planning to go to Brazil for the 2014 cup? Or France for the Eurocup 2016?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter