The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Teena! So all the studios have balconies then correct? Is that area close to the quiet pool or the mail pool. I rememer seeing a room layout somewhere of the hotel and I can't seem to find it, do you have a link or a copy of the hotel layout?

Thanks Teena! So all the studios have balconies then correct? Is that area close to the quiet pool or the mail pool. I rememer seeing a room layout somewhere of the hotel and I can't seem to find it, do you have a link or a copy of the hotel layout?

Both the BC and BCV have balconies and patios. At the BC, however, some are full balconies, some are standing balconies.

Here's a link to the layout of the BC, not the BCV. Keep in mind most of the information on that page is incorrect ... it is very old. However, it at least shows the BC layout. http://www.disneyzone.net/bcresort.htm

Is anyone there now, or going in the next two weeks who will brave the pool? I want to know if the water is REALLY 83 degrees, and if it's tolerable to be swimming with temps in the 60's-70's.

Even just sticking a hand in to feel would be great!

Teena: Feel like walking over to the pool and sticking your toe in? ;)

THANKS!

My DH and I were just talking about balconies... So all BC standard rooms have balconies? Some are standing balconies? I think I can figure out the difference but if anyone has pics that would be great.

My DH and I were just talking about balconies... So all BC standard rooms have balconies? Some are standing balconies? I think I can figure out the difference but if anyone has pics that would be great.

All the rooms at the BC have either a patio, standing balcony or full balcony as far as I know. I've never been in any room at the BC (and I really think I've been in just about every one some time in the last six years since I worked as a resort runner off and on) that didn't have one of those three things.

A standing balcony is small and you can only stand on it. It is not big enough for a chair.

Is anyone there now, or going in the next two weeks who will brave the pool? I want to know if the water is REALLY 83 degrees, and if it's tolerable to be swimming with temps in the 60's-70's.

THANKS!

No, my toe isn't going in tomorrow. However, even when we had temps in the 50's there were people in the pool. They said it was fine until they got out.

THANKS!

We will be there Monday, well really late Sunday, and we are planning on swimming. I will update when we get home :goodvibes

Robin and Tina:

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the input. I ended up switching to BC CL. Here is my rationale, please correct if wrong as I can switch back!

1. BC CL and YC CL for gardenview rooms are both dicey. No real advantage.

2. YC has conventions. I heard from a CM there was a rowdy one recently! :) Grown men too. Sheesh!

3. ANY form of balcony is needed for me. Standing or otherwise. I will get at least a standing balcony at BC CL (unless in that corner king room which I won't be b/c I have 3 people...)

4. BC Lounge has been made bigger - YC service area very galley like and BC since rehab more spacious..

5. Honestly I prefer the look of the new BC Rooms to YC rooms. Just my personal taste.

But is staff at both CLs very nice? Not that I ever need much but like to know they are super nice, etc. BWI was beyond fantastic...

Thanks!

Staff at both were very nice - really friendly and helpful.

Of course you forgot one of the biggest bonuses of staying at BC - Teena!

Really BC and YC CL were both very nice, but like you, we just liked the overall theming and "light and airy" feel of BC a little better.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip!

Of course, TEENA! She is a big benefit to BC for sure!:) Poor woman will run when I introduce myself to her.Thanks Robyn! I am set. BC it is. I posted on the other board that I feel like I have a tiny advantage having the phone number to call regarding room request and God Lord, if that doesn't do it, there just isn't much else I can do!

I went thru the gazillion pics on allearsnet.com and this will sound insane to you - really it will - but I cannot get past the wallpaper in the YC rooms. I just can't. And I don't like the bedframes. There I confessed it! my major hangups with YC. Yet BC rooms look like my bedrooms at home - so it speaks to me more...BC it is. Thanks ever so much for the wonderful help!!! As much as I would love a lagoon view, this trip is spanning me to 3 different resorts as well as a Universal trip for Harry Potter for 3 days...So this is my last Florida trip for a while I think! I think I am breaking the bank....:laughing:

Robin and Tina:

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the input. I ended up switching to BC CL. Here is my rationale, please correct if wrong as I can switch back!

1. BC CL and YC CL for gardenview rooms are both dicey. No real advantage.

2. YC has conventions. I heard from a CM there was a rowdy one recently! :) Grown men too. Sheesh!

3. ANY form of balcony is needed for me. Standing or otherwise. I will get at least a standing balcony at BC CL (unless in that corner king room which I won't be b/c I have 3 people...)

4. BC Lounge has been made bigger - YC service area very galley like and BC since rehab more spacious..

5. Honestly I prefer the look of the new BC Rooms to YC rooms. Just my personal taste.

But is staff at both CLs very nice? Not that I ever need much but like to know they are super nice, etc. BWI was beyond fantastic...

Thanks!

Yep, you've got it right. As far as staff at both, we are all the same. Some times the CMs will be at the YC and some times at the BC. The offerings in the lounges are identical too. Same managers, etc. Make sure you say hi if you see me in the BC lobby!

Well now you guys have me all in a tizzy :eek:

We are booked for YC in Sept for our anniversary trip without the kiddies. I thought maybe that hotel would be better and a little more romantic where we are not travelling with the children. Now after hearing all this discussion I am wondering if perhaps we should have booked BC.

This is our first time at one of the epcot are resorts and now I am not sure if I made the best choice.....help!:confused3

We are booked for YC in Sept for our anniversary trip without the kiddies. I thought maybe that hotel would be better and a little more romantic where we are not travelling with the children. Now after hearing all this discussion I am wondering if perhaps we should have booked BC.

This is our first time at one of the epcot are resorts and now I am not sure if I made the best choice.....help!:confused3

They are pretty much the same except for the decor. The YC is dark, woody. The BC is light, sunny. BC is closer to Epcot (4 minute walk). YC is closer to the boat to the Studios. The lobby of the BC is much more congested and "busy". The YC lobby feels to me like a convention hotel. It's all up to your individual taste. I booked some friends of mine at the YC ... all adults ... they absolutely loved it and I know they would not have loved the BC. They loved the lounges at the YC during the afternoon. The BC lounge (Martha's Vineyard) doesn't open until 5:30 PM. There are pros and cons to both.

Does the YC and BC both have mini refrigerators in the rooms?

Are the balconies at the YC all full size and have chairs?

I know that the BC has the 2 different size balconies.

Can't wait to be there Dec 10

Honestly I would book BWI. GORGEOUS. The pool is not so hot (we stayed last summer and had a chance to use SAB and that sold DD for this summer). I would stay at BWI in a FLASH again. Simply elegant. Families for sure there but NOTHING like YC/BC is going to attract with SAB. you would absolutely love BWI, I promise!

Added an extra day onto the trip at BC now arriving Fri night 4/23 instead of Sat day to squeeze a little more time in. :cool1:

Wow, I just decided to look at some pics here and the BC/YC looks so inviting! I'm starting to plan for our Spring Vacation trip next year that I just found out falls during Easter Week....We are not big crowd lovers, so we will go to rope drop at the parks and spend a few hours then spend the rest of the day at our resort, and BC looks like a great place to spend the day in SAB....but....I'm just wondering, during the busiest seasons, does SAB get so crowded that it is wall to wall people, or can you still enjoy the pool area and all it has to offer? I had no idea SAB was so beautiful! Are there many areas that are zero entry and shallow enough for someone 40" tall? Is there a "lazy river", where you can just float around on a raft, and if so, do you have to rent the raft? I look forward to learning more about the YC/BC and seeing more of these beautiful pictures. Oh, and if there's anyone going during Easter this year, I'd love to hear your experience!

Well Im off the the airport, will check into the BC late tonight, then check out tomorrow and check into the YC for the week. I will try and pop in to say Hi Teena!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter