The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pick a room in BC over a studio. You'd have two queen beds and a daybed (you might need to request the daybed with a 2 yo...Teena will know).

A studio has a queen and a sleep sofa. The advantage there is that when it's folded up, you have more floor space but I'd still choose a regular room.

Now a 1 or 2 BR is another story.:cloud9:

Oh, and a studio would also have a microwave, full size coffeepot and larger under the counter fridge.

Thanks for your thoughts!!!
The little one will almost definitely be in a pack n play so it's not a huge issue. He's a late walker and shows NO interest in climbing out of the crib!

Are the villas further away from the pool and food? Is that an issue?

Amanda

We arrive at the YC on Sunday :yay:. Where can I get a good cup of coffee in the mornings? I am up and usually showered by 5:30 am...and I need coffee after that.

We will be at the BC in Feb. so I was wondering did you ever find a good cup of coffee? My DH doesn't want to bring our Keurig coffee maker with us and I think it's a big mistake.

I've never stayed at the BC before, but I have a question about handicap accessible rooms. Does anyone know if all the handicap accessible rooms have balconies that you could use if you were in a wheelchair (not standing room only balconies)? Or is it still a toss up if your handicap accessible room will have a standing room balcony, a full balcony or possibly no balcony at all?

Thanks for your thoughts!!!
The little one will almost definitely be in a pack n play so it's not a huge issue. He's a late walker and shows NO interest in climbing out of the crib!

Are the villas further away from the pool and food? Is that an issue?

Amanda

Here's a map of the area:

http://mosa.unity.ncsu.edu/photos/misc/epcotdvc.html

SAB is in the area between Y&BC as are the restaurants. BC Marketplace is located where the marked path from the villas enters the BC. So the rooms in the BC are in average closer to the pool and restaurants than the villas. For us, it is not an issue. Happy planning.:surfweb:

We will be at the BC in Feb. so I was wondering did you ever find a good cup of coffee? My DH doesn't want to bring our Keurig coffee maker with us and I think it's a big mistake.

Starbucks is available at the Dolphin. Perhaps compromise and bring your own coffee to use in the little 4 cup pots in the room?

I've never stayed at the BC before, but I have a question about handicap accessible rooms. Does anyone know if all the handicap accessible rooms have balconies that you could use if you were in a wheelchair (not standing room only balconies)? Or is it still a toss up if your handicap accessible room will have a standing room balcony, a full balcony or possibly no balcony at all?

It's been years since we've had an accessible room at the BC but ours was on the first floor with a patio.

Teena will probably know more about it.

Hi, Teena! Lucky people that get to say hi to you in the BC today!

Teena,

I hope you had a wonderful trip with your dd!!! We have a deluxe cl room booked for arrival on sat can not wait!! Do we have a good chance of getting a room with a full balcony?

With a toddler who will be napping
a balcony would be great! I made
a request (knowing that is only a request) to the ipo. Curious if
most rooms in that classification have full balconys, or not.

Of course we will be happy with
anything- ( as I tell my kids - you
get what you get and you don't
throw a fit!) .... And anyway it's Disney!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you an hopefully I can introduce myself next week!

Jen

I have a question about the 2 br BCV. We may have more family members joining us, and may end up with 4 adults and 3 kids in our unit. I know it can sleep 8, so the actual number is not the issue. The issue is that there will be one couple without children, and then DH and I with our 3. If the couple that stays with us ends up being my couin and her DH, then they will happily sleep on the living room sofabed - they will sleep anywhere, they are sailors. If it's my parents that end up sharing our unit, they will need a bedroom. DH and I would also like a real bed. I prefer not to have kids sleeping in the living room, because they go to bed befoe we do.

Is there a configuration we could request that's better than the others? e.g. dedicated 2 br vs lockoff etc. We will likely have an inflatable mattress as well, from our stay at Hard Rock the couple days before, so one child can be put anywhere to sleep.

I hope you had a wonderful trip with your dd!!! We have a deluxe cl room booked for arrival on sat can not wait!!

Jen

Hi again! Well now I definitely want to be sure to hear all about your trip when you get back!! We have a Deluxe CL booked too. I think there is one room in this category that doesn't have a full balcony?
:surfweb:

Hi Everyone...I've been lurking here for quite a few years! Just now deciding to post.
My family and I are going to the YC in April..I am surprising my kids. They think that we are going back to CB. I'm sooo excited...can't wait!
I'm wondering if anyone knows how they keep the sand clean from debris in the pool?

all of the room floor plans seem to have disappeared, does anyone have any they can upload or a site to direct me to, to see them?

Thanks!

Hi again! Well now I definitely want to be sure to hear all about your trip when you get back!! We have a Deluxe CL booked too. I think there is one room in this category that doesn't have a full balcony?
:surfweb:

Hi Misti:)The 3rd floor rooms have a standing room only balcony

What time does SAB close? Is there a set schedule? Obviously if the weather is not cooperating it would close. If the weather is nice (say above 60) what are the hours for the first two weeks of Feb?
TIA

Hi Paula22,
We were there last spring,there is an area in the pool called "sinking sands",the sand gets sucked down into small holes(intakes).The place where the sand gets sucked down constantly changes,my kids get a kick out of it!
I would assume this is how the sand gets cleaned,If someone nows the exact details I would like to hear it also.
Grandy

Hi Misti:)The 3rd floor rooms have a standing room only balcony

Hi! :wave:

Back when there were only 4 Deluxe Rooms (all stacked on the corner near the Quiet Pool), I remember the one on the third floor had the Standing Room Only balcony. I think they've since added a few more Deluxe Rooms closer to Stormalong Bay. Do you know if those all have balconies or not?
:goodvibes

Teena,

I hope you had a wonderful trip with your dd!!! We have a deluxe cl room booked for arrival on sat can not wait!! Do we have a good chance of getting a room with a full balcony?

With a toddler who will be napping
a balcony would be great! I made
a request (knowing that is only a request) to the ipo. Curious if
most rooms in that classification have full balconys, or not.

Of course we will be happy with
anything- ( as I tell my kids - you
get what you get and you don't
throw a fit!) .... And anyway it's Disney!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you an hopefully I can introduce myself next week!

Jen

I'll be there on Saturday ... I'm working five days this week. My poor feet! Anyway, one of the deluxe CL rooms has a patio, some have standing balconies and some have full. At the present time we are totally full so depending on who leaves and when they leave will be the cause of which room you get. There might only be one person leaving a deluxe CL room on the day of your arrival and therefore that room will be yours obviously if the other deluxe CL rooms have people in them who are not leaving. There are very few of these rooms, one or two on each of the four floors. The fifth floor are all regular CL rooms plus two suites. Have the request for the full balcony noted on your reservation is all you can do ... the rest is just plain luck (as to which of the rooms are available for check-in on the day you check-in). Have a safe trip to the BC and I'll see you on Saturday.

Hi! :wave:

Back when there were only 4 Deluxe Rooms (all stacked on the corner near the Quiet Pool), I remember the one on the third floor had the Standing Room Only balcony. I think they've since added a few more Deluxe Rooms closer to Stormalong Bay. Do you know if those all have balconies or not?
:goodvibes

I tried to go back in this thread (its getting way too long/were so chatty:))
There are 6 deluxe rooms now. The four original that you already know of. The other is 3691. Here's a link to some pics:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=27491620&highlight=3691#post27491620

I do know there are 3 with full balconies, 2 standing room only, & 1 patio (Robyn has this one last summer)
I haven't found additional information on the 6th room yet but it would have a SR balcony. Possibly Robyn or Teena will remember.

It's funny - we had our hearts set on 3691, 2557 or 4557 when we went last summer. We ended up with 1557 (like Teena said - the other rooms weren't vacant when we went). We ended up absolutely loving being on the first floor, right by the quiet pool, and steps away from EPCOT.

So you never know - if you get a room you thought you didn't want, you might end up loving it!

We liked that area so much I'm thinking of upgrading to a waterview room this summer just in hopes of getting a room right by the quiet pool again!

I have a question about the 2 br BCV. We may have more family members joining us, and may end up with 4 adults and 3 kids in our unit. I know it can sleep 8, so the actual number is not the issue. The issue is that there will be one couple without children, and then DH and I with our 3. If the couple that stays with us ends up being my couin and her DH, then they will happily sleep on the living room sofabed - they will sleep anywhere, they are sailors. If it's my parents that end up sharing our unit, they will need a bedroom. DH and I would also like a real bed. I prefer not to have kids sleeping in the living room, because they go to bed befoe we do.

Is there a configuration we could request that's better than the others? e.g. dedicated 2 br vs lockoff etc. We will likely have an inflatable mattress as well, from our stay at Hard Rock the couple days before, so one child can be put anywhere to sleep.

We just returned from BCV and had a unit that offers 1 Queen/Master BR(private bathroom & sink/jacuzzi) and 2 BR had 1 Queen and 1 Double pull out sofa (very large bathroom, 2 sinks. We've been in Saratoga 2 BR and felt the BCV living room/kitchen/dining area was smaller then Saratoga. BUT made up in space in the 2 BR with a table and 2 chairs, small balcony (2 chairs). Now the Living room (also has queen size pull out sofa) & master BR shared a large balcony, big enough for 4 or more people with 4 chairs and 2 sm tables. We had 5 adults in our unit and were very comfortable. Our Room number was #554 but I originally requested "Upper Floor and Large Balcony", it overlooked the BCV pool, very nice view and short walk to bus stop (across from lobby) and short walk to path to Epcot (out the back way facing the Boardwalk) I've read that the upper floors had the larger balconies. Don't bother requesting views, they're really not here. You can see Epcot fireworks from BC beach or short walk to Epcot bridge to France for great views. You should submit your requests in your original reservation. Checking in online 10 days in advance is great but it doesn't allow any requests. All pull out sofas are brand new with no bar and we had new flat panel tvs. Hope this helps!

Thank you all for the info on the deluxe rooms! No doubt our room will be perfect where-ever it is!
Teena hope the week is not too hectic- and your feet are not too warn .,,look forward
to saying hi!

Thanks again!
Jen

What are the deluxe rooms? How are they different from the regular rooms? We have already booked for 14 nights at BC but might change to a deluxe room, on looking at the WDW website are the deluxe rooms on CL?

When I booked I could only see Std View, Water/Pool View, Garden view Club level, Deluxe Club Level, Lagoon View CL, then 1 and 2 bedroom suites CL. So the Deluxe is inbetween garden view and lagoon view, what sort of view do you get with this room type?

Thank you :goodvibes

Well, it sounds like you are set if your cousin and her DH are the extra couple. You can sleep in the master room on the king size bed. Your three kids can sleep in the second bedroom. There should be a queen and a double sofa bed. And your cousin and DH can sleep in the living room on the queen size sofa bed. If you parents come that will be a different story. Someone will have to sleep in the living room unless your want to put a couple kids in with your parents and one in the room with you on a blow up bed. Then the living room is completely free. The layouts are pretty much the same. The difference between a dedicated and lock-off is just that a lock-off has a second entrance into the hallway from the second bedroom. The layout and bed configuration are the same. There are a few 2-bedrooms that have two queens in the second bedroom, not a queen and a sofa bed. But they are difficult to get and you have to actually reserve those rooms specifically. They are not a request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter