The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what kind of reservations?

Teena - we miss BC soooo much! Of course I'm full into planning for next year's trip (if not one sooner). We thought we might do a split BC/Poly stay but DH said no way - he wants to stay the whole time at BC or YC. Hopefully we can get another great deal like the 7/4 so we can book the deluxe club room again! Thanks for all your help when we were there. Can't wait to get back!

It's being enlarged!

"The BC club level lounge will be down for a few weeks during August while they do some renovations in the lounge. Therefore club level rooms and suites that give you lounge access will not be able to be booked. That could be the reason you are not finding availability for the deluxe rooms"

Hi Teena,

We are going to be there August 2 - Aug 7th. Will the CL Lounge be open then?

Thanks.

I'm not sure of the exact date but if you booked a room that gives you CL Lounge, definitely it will be open. They did no bookings for rooms with CL lounge access during the renovation time. Something in the mind seems to remember hearing the date 8/7 but I'm really not 100% sure.

Hi there, Does anyone know if the YC Deluxe Club Level Room is the same or comparable in size to the Jr. Suite Club Level Room? We have stayed in the Jr. Suite several times but never a Deluxe Room. There will be 4 of us next year, me, DH, DS14 and DSBF14. I do like that the Jr. Suite has the french doors that separate the bedroom area from the sitting area. TIA.:flower3:

Thanks Teena for the info - a fountain of knowledge as always - now I know why reservations kept saying no CL available...DH suggests Yacht Club but I really love BC

Can someone tell me if the beach club or yacht club have any bars or lounges to have a relaxing drink after the parks?Also about how late are they open? Thank you!

Can someone tell me if the beach club or yacht club have any bars or lounges to have a relaxing drink after the parks?Also about how late are they open? Thank you!

I don't remember the name of it, but there was one in BC just to the right as you walked outside to go to B & C, the arcade, etc. I saw people in there as late as midnight.

Does anyone know the hours for Stormalong Bay?

It's seasonal - I want to say 9AM to 11PM in the summer. I'm sure about the closing time, just not about the opening.

Hurricane Hannah's is a bar out by the pool that opens I believe at Noon, maybe 11:30 AM.
Then there is Martha's Vineyard (next to Cape May Cafe) ... opens at 5:30 PM.
The lounge next to the Yachtsman Steakhouse is open at Noon or 12:30 PM and is open until Yachtsman closes in the evening.
You can also purchase alcohol (six packs, wine coolers, hard liquor, wine, etc.) at the Marketplace and take it wherever you want. When people are watching the playoffs in the Solarium, they usually buy their liquor in the Marketplace and take it with them to watch the games.

Thank you Teena, I hope to see you Nov.5 for my b-day.I'm sure I'll need a drink then it's the big 4-0!.:lmao:

It's being enlarged!

Yippee! Between a larger CL lounge and B&C Counter service breakfast YC/BC is practically perfect!

BTW - when do you leave for your Alaska cruise? Have a great time!

I'm ready to book our next year's trip this week. I have to have a trip to plan of I'd bo SOOOOOO depressed!

Let me just say I've been lurking on this thread for a while planning our first trip to BC in August. I have learned sooo much. Thanks to all and esp. Teena for all her great answers to so many questions. :thumbsup2 I was very excited to hear the BC was offering a quick breakfast but my understanding is it will no longer be available when we arrive on August 19.:sad2: Is this true? Any chance that will change? As excited as I am about BC, the breakfast options seem to be very limited here.

DisneyMomx7, didn't you just return from a deluxe club level room? Did I miss your report back or photos? I was supposed to check in one week from today,:sad1: but had to postpone our trip until Nov. I added a night to Nov. for my inconvenience!!! Now I will have to wait for three and a half more months!!! I really need to hear about the rooms and the lounge offerings. Did you take any pictures of the room or your view? HELP me out here!!!! Thanks!

Yippee! Between a larger CL lounge and B&C Counter service breakfast YC/BC is practically perfect!

BTW - when do you leave for your Alaska cruise? Have a great time!

I'm ready to book our next year's trip this week. I have to have a trip to plan of I'd bo SOOOOOO depressed!

I leave Thursday to fly to Seattle and the cruise leaves from Seattle on Friday. I met some super Disers at work today!!

I heard today they are still trying to decide whether to keep the counter service at B&C. One Food & Beverage manager told me they thought it would stay longer and one said he thought it would end soon ... he said the surveys and comments haven't been as positive as they thought. Our business is very funny. People might love something and they don't write in or tell managers about it. However, if something upsets them (like the "size of the yogurt parfait") they will fire off emails, letters and complain nonstop about how horrible the counter service breakfast at B&C is. So, I honestly don't have an answer for all of you as to if it's going to stay.

Guests and their comments, letters, emails, surveys, etc. are the ones that are going to control whether it stays or goes. If you guys want it, I strongly urge you to have everybody you know (you all I'm sure have friends that know friends that know friends that are Y&B guests ... past or future) flood the Y&B executive offices with letters and even calls wouldn't hurt. JMO

Anyone have any suggestions on the best garden view rooms at the YC? We stayed a few years ago at BC and our first room had a horrible view of the roof! I love both resorts but would prefer not to be looking at the roof! Thanks for your help.

DisneyMomx7, didn't you just return from a deluxe club level room? Did I miss your report back or photos? I was supposed to check in one week from today,:sad1: but had to postpone our trip until Nov. I added a night to Nov. for my inconvenience!!! Now I will have to wait for three and a half more months!!! I really need to hear about the rooms and the lounge offerings. Did you take any pictures of the room or your view? HELP me out here!!!! Thanks!

Not DisneyMomx7, but I posted a link to some pics a few pages back and posted a few of my own. And I think DisneyMomx7 reported back on the lounge offerings as well. Take a look thru the thread and let us know if you want more info.

It's being enlarged!

:cool1:That is very exciting, the extra space of BC lounge would definitely be useful.

Also, hoping they keep the CS breakfast at Beaches n Cream, I think it is a wonderful idea!!! Would love to try it.

I leave Thursday to fly to Seattle and the cruise leaves from Seattle on Friday. I met some super Disers at work today!!

Bummer!! We arrive for our first stay at BC (or any deluxe for that matter...ooohhh I am soooo excited I always wanted to stay near epcot and you can't get any closer than BC!!:dance3:)on tuesday for a week, I thought I would be able to stop by and say hi.:sad2:

I do have a question...hurricane hanna's takes the dinig plan, right? counter service? I think I am having pre trip brain fog!

Bummer!! We arrive for our first stay at BC (or any deluxe for that matter...ooohhh I am soooo excited I always wanted to stay near epcot and you can't get any closer than BC!!:dance3:)on tuesday for a week, I thought I would be able to stop by and say hi.:sad2:

I do have a question...hurricane hanna's takes the dinig plan, right? counter service? I think I am having pre trip brain fog!

Wait, if you arrive on the 28th, I'll get to meet you on August 2nd and 3rd!!!

Yes, Hurricane Hanna's is a counter service ... good burgers and such!

I just found this thread and am so excited reading all this great info. :banana: We will be at the BC for our first time there, 1st time at any deluxe, on August 8th:woohoo: My ds,8, has been begging to stay at BC for a couple years now, and im so happy we are finally taking him :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter