The 2009 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to be in Vero for our first trip there starting June 29. A friends parents recommended two area restaurants- The Patio and Scampi. Has anyone eaten at either of these places or heard if these restaurants are any good? Thanks.

It was great looking through your pictures. We had an OVIR and so enjoyed the amazing sunrise during our trip. I also have similar pictures of the adorable bunnies at VB. What a wonderful place to vacation. I can't wait to return.
Thanks again for sharing!

I just finished reading (skimming) the whole thread. We're leaving in 2 weeks, but have questions.

1. Is there a DVD player in OVIR?
2. Is there a menu for Bleacher's posted somewhere? (Allears used to have one)
3. My son would like to sign up for the surf school, can we wait until we arrive or should I call in advance?
4. I'm in need of a massage and would love to get one onsite. Can I schedule one when I get there or call in advance?
5. Can I request a 4th floor OVIR? If so, do I call or wait until I arrive?

Thanks in advance!

Great pics! Some of those sunrises almost looked like sunsets!! Love the beach / surf pics too! Nice action shots!! Looks like fun! (BTW did you drive & bring your own boogie boards or were those rentals or did you purchase them locally??)

We took them with us. We've had them for years. They didn't make the trip back though, I broke one of them and the other was falling apart. We may go again next year and if we go we'll probably buy some down when we get there.

We are planning to buy some boards at Wal-Mart on the way down( yes I know, I'm going to be buying lots at WM on the way down:lmao:).

Bob, any advice for me on getting good shots of my girls on the boards please? Yours are amazing:thumbsup2
I have a Canon 400d and I'm a novice;)

Thanks!

Thank you VB owners for sharing your wonderful resort - my family absolutely loved it! We had a perfect week down there - so much so that I 'had' to purchase a resale contract to make sure we go again! :cool1:

Bob - your photos of the resort are wonderful! I'm so glad that we got to meet you & your wife down there! I feel fortunate to have met such friendly, genuine people through this board and I am so pleased with the photos you took of my family. We sure lucked out with the best rooms in the resort, didn't we?

Maria - thank you again for organizing the chair swap! Besides the cost savings, we loved the convenience of having our own chairs down there and I don't know what I'll end up doing on our return trips. They were great chairs & the umbrella kept me from burning to a crisp.

Just want to mention that they were delivering new refrigerators to the villas during our visit - don't know if that news was out there. It was nice to have a brand new fridge - maybe next they'll consider replacing those awful vacuum cleaners? :thumbsup2

Sue

I just finished reading (skimming) the whole thread. We're leaving in 2 weeks, but have questions.

3. My son would like to sign up for the surf school, can we wait until we arrive or should I call in advance?
4. I'm in need of a massage and would love to get one onsite. Can I schedule one when I get there or call in advance?

Thanks in advance!

Yes the rooms have DVD players, and there are movies for rent in the gift shop at no charge. As to your other requests, you may want to contact the hotel directly about your room assignment, and also speak to the concierge about booking your massage and surf school. I spoke to them the other day about some golf tee times and they were very helpful.:thumbsup2

We are planning to buy some boards at Wal-Mart on the way down( yes I know, I'm going to be buying lots at WM on the way down:lmao:).

Bob, any advice for me on getting good shots of my girls on the boards please? Yours are amazing:thumbsup2
I have a Canon 400d and I'm a novice;)

Thanks!

I shot the boogie board photos on my Canon 30D with my Canon 70-200 2.8L lens. I shot aperture priority (AV) at around f4-F5.6 at 400 ISO which gave me a very fast shutter speed. On the photos of my daughter and her boyfriend I used a polarizing filter which gives the richer color of the water by cutting the glare. It was great fun shooting!

Thanks in advance!

1. I think so.

2. It's hard to read, but this was from two years ago...
IMG_0187.jpg

3. Call in advance.

4. I think you can wait.
MassageInfomation.jpg

5. Request the fourth floor ASAP.

:beach: Have a great time.

Photobob - LOVE the pictures. I am very bummed that I did not get your message until it was too late - we left May 30th and I did not bring the laptop (intentionally). I'd have loved photos - maybe we'll luck out and be there at the same time.

We had a great trip - our five nights in Vero was by far the highlight. DH and I have been talking pretty seriously about moving to Vero (started off in 10 years and now we're talking five) so we spent a lot more time exploring the surrounding area, checking out a cottage we're renting in July and hoping to rent longer next year - we even visited a church on Sunday. I'm thrilled to say that there's a new CARVEL ice cream store that's open till 9pm 7 nights a week. :thumbsup2 :cool1::woohoo:

There's actually a whole lot of "stuff" if you venture 10-20 miles into Vero proper - including a very good independent bookstore, tons of dining - including all the chain restaurants like Olive Garden, and an outlet mall with a Gymboree outlet (for the moms with small kids - Gymboree outlets are few and far between). We also went all the way up and down the Jungle Trail. :thumbsup2

We were there from Friday-Wednesday in an OVIR - ocean facing on the fourth floor - right above the Green cabin room. I really liked the new decor although I do wish the inn rooms had vacuum cleaners because of the sand.

The kids really enjoyed the activities (as usual) and DD was thrilled to meet up with the CMs that she's gotten to know over the past 4 years. She did the most recreation - Seaside Chefs, Fishing, the morning Beachwalk, Creatures of the Lagoon, Mug Painting, Swords, and Clay Animals with Miss Rita. All of the activities got a big :thumbsup2 from her. Both kids LOVED the Seaside Cinema/Dive-in Movie (Tuesday nights).

It rained four out of the 5 afternoons we were there (from about 3-4 till around 6-7) and the CMs did a GREAT job of just moving into the lobby and entertaining the kids with jump rope, origami, and games.

We had a nice meal at Green Cabin Room and my son raved about the Pirate dinner. I thought it was okay - but expensive for what you get - but DS12 says it was one of his top three favorite things that happened during the entire trip - so it was well worth it for us.

I'll post pictures soon!

Thank you VB owners for sharing your wonderful resort - my family absolutely loved it! We had a perfect week down there - so much so that I 'had' to purchase a resale contract to make sure we go again! :cool1:

Bob - your photos of the resort are wonderful! I'm so glad that we got to meet you & your wife down there! I feel fortunate to have met such friendly, genuine people through this board and I am so pleased with the photos you took of my family. We sure lucked out with the best rooms in the resort, didn't we?

Maria - thank you again for organizing the chair swap! Besides the cost savings, we loved the convenience of having our own chairs down there and I don't know what I'll end up doing on our return trips. They were great chairs & the umbrella kept me from burning to a crisp.

Just want to mention that they were delivering new refrigerators to the villas during our visit - don't know if that news was out there. It was nice to have a brand new fridge - maybe next they'll consider replacing those awful vacuum cleaners? :thumbsup2

Sue

It was very nice meeting you guys too! You have a wonderful family and I'm glad to see people investing in making wonderful memories for their family. One of the things i have always enjoyed about our Disney trips is spending all our time together. We go in so many different directions at home and you'll find that out as your kids get older, but on our Disney vacations we spend every moment together.

Right now we are leaning towards going back to Vero again next year, we had such a great trip this year. It was also very nice to take our daughter's boyfriend with us. He is very special young man and doesn't have the opportunities to go on vacations and he really was blown away with this trip.

Just wanted to add to Photobob's Bleacher's menu. Not saying mine is better, but maybe what you can't see on one you might be able to see on the other. It's a bit tricky taking pics there because of the misters getting the camera wet.....taken May 7, 2009...........

IMG_2612.jpg

and refillable mug drink choices......there is regular coke off to the side that is hidden behind the frame.

IMG_2613.jpg

Maria

The view from our OVIR as reflected in the balcony glass door.
ry%3D400

DD on balcony
ry%3D400

The room
ry%3D400

Beach
ry%3D400

One of DH's sandcastles
ry%3D400

Pirate Dinner
ry%3D400

Hair by Miss Liz - LOVED this and will do it every trip - it was soooooooo easy.
ry%3D400

Swimming Kids
ry%3D400

Anyone interested in seeing photos from our Vero trip, check out this link on my website:

http://bobcrispphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/8550477_xo8MD/1/563164360_FEWbt

Great pictures! We are planning on going to Vero Beach in Oct 2010 before our cruise. I noticed there are pictures of a soccer field and sand volleyball. Do they have balls we can rent or borrow? I think the kids DS20 & DD15 will really like visiting the beach. Neither has been to the Atlantic side they have only seen the Gulf once. Hopefully the weather wont be to cool and we can enjoy some body surfing.

We had a nice meal at Green Cabin Room and my son raved about the Pirate dinner. I thought it was okay - but expensive for what you get - but DS12 says it was one of his top three favorite things that happened during the entire trip - so it was well worth it for us.

I'll post pictures soon!

Ok Starbox.... I must have missed the Pirate Dinner (probably my old age setting in :lmao:) is this new?

Did you book in advance? Going with large party in August and this might be something to plan for! :banana:

Thanks,
Dave aka mahusky

Ok Starbox.... I must have missed the Pirate Dinner (probably my old age setting in :lmao:) is this new?

Did you book in advance? Going with large party in August and this might be something to plan for! :banana:

Thanks,
Dave aka mahusky

They just started the Pirate Dinner - every Monday night - the menu family-style all you care to eat - Ribs (the ones on the main menu), pork BBQ, brisket, rotisserre chicken plus corn on the cob, potatoes, beans, salad and bread (cornbread and rolls) plus a drink. There is NO dessert for some strange reason.

Everyone gets a bandana (kids get eyepatches I think) and Pirate Goofy and Pirate Donald are there - they play pirate music and the waiters are dressed up.

Prices are the same as all Disney character dining - 26.99 for adults I think. We used TIW and it is accepted for this. We did book in advance but there seemed to be plenty of people walking up.

I thought the food was okay - but, like I said, DS12 thought it was like the greatest thing ever in the whole world and the boy can put away the ribs - so it was a decent value for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter