The 2009 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure you get the stuff with Picaridin. There are so many SSS products these days that I found it confusing. But this is what we bought:
http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.a...din&camp=200913&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1
and we did not have a single bite all week, even attending 2 campfires.

Do you think it's the Picaridin that makes the difference?????:confused3 Here at home I usually buy the OFF Smooth & Dry Powder formula (Skintastic) with the 15% Deet because I'm usually trying to avoid mosquitos....but I noticed that on the shelf right next to this one there was another version with the Picaridin as the active ingredient! Wonder if for $4 at Target that would work for these biting bugs at VB??:confused3 Anybody???

Do you think it's the Picaridin that makes the difference?????:confused3 Here at home I usually buy the OFF Smooth & Dry Powder formula (Skintastic) with the 15% Deet because I'm usually trying to avoid mosquitos....but I noticed that on the shelf right next to this one there was another version with the Picaridin as the active ingredient! Wonder if for $4 at Target that would work for these biting bugs at VB??:confused3 Anybody???
Products with "DEET" do not work. It is the Picaridin that works, so any products with that should work.

Products with "DEET" do not work. It is the Picaridin that works, so any products with that should work.

Hummm. Interesting. Are these bugs only out a night or are they around all day too???? :scared: Ya'll got me a little worried about them now...

We only noticed them at night and Disney does have a statement in their information packet about the "no-see-ums" otherwise known as the extrememly small Biting Midge most active at sunrise and sunset. They supposedly do not fly in temps under 70 degrees. They also give basic information about not leaving your doors open and that they are small enough to fit through screens, using insect repellant, etc. I am always one to attract any biting bugs where ever I go. They never bug my husband like they do me, no pun intended. It must be because I am so sweet.... ;)

We didn't have any trouble during the day and only late at night such as at the campfire. And we were not using any repellant at all. Don't let them scare you into staying indoors. Go and enjoy everything, use the repellant that has been mentioned and if it gets bad you can always opt to go back to your room. That is what we ended up doing. The females in our group returned to our cottage and the males stayed and enjoyed the smores. What was really sweet was that my son brought a smore back for me. The other family complained to him that it made their "males" look bad since they didn't bring one back for their "females". :rotfl:

Be sure you get the stuff with Picaridin. There are so many SSS products these days that I found it confusing. But this is what we bought:
http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.a...din&camp=200913&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1
and we did not have a single bite all week, even attending 2 campfires.

We don't seem to have that product listed on Avon UK. I thought it was this that people were referring to:confused3

Can someone recommend me something that I could pick up at Wal Mart on the way to Vero please? Or do I just look for the Picaridin as an ingredient?

Many thanks once again.:flower3:

Hi Lesley! I couldn't open your link. Not sure what the problem is :confused3
I have a friend at work that sells Avon, so I'm going to ask her about the SoS product(s) tomorrow. The other post to the Avon site doesn't show any in stock, but hopefully my friend has some or can get it.....

Lesley - I see your ticker is getting close to your dates. It says you'll be at BCV & Vero in a little less than 3 weeks .... what are your dates? I think we're pretty close to the same dates. We'll be @ BCV 7/3 - 7/5 and we move over to Vero from 7/5 - 7/12 :goodvibes

Hi Lesley! I couldn't open your link. Not sure what the problem is :confused3
I have a friend at work that sells Avon, so I'm going to ask her about the SoS product(s) tomorrow. The other post to the Avon site doesn't show any in stock, but hopefully my friend has some or can get it.....

Lesley - I see your ticker is getting close to your dates. It says you'll be at BCV & Vero in a little less than 3 weeks .... what are your dates? I think we're pretty close to the same dates. We'll be @ BCV 7/3 - 7/5 and we move over to Vero from 7/5 - 7/12 :goodvibes

Does this work?

http://avonshop.co.uk/product/bath-...o-soft-soft-and-fresh-dry-oil-body-spray.html
Thanks for asking your friend for me.

We are at Vero 30th June until 5th July and then move to BCV on 5th until
10th July, then we are at VWL for the remainder of our trip. We are having a little taste of each;)

Looks like we will be passing you on the way!

mouseaddicts looks like we planned almost the same vacation. We're at BCV 7/2-7/6 and VB from 7/6-7/10. Maybe we'll run into you. I'll be reffing the arguments over sand toys from DS's 10 & 13 (you'd think they'd be too old by now).

I used the regular skin so soft oil spray. That worked pretty good, but I am going to buy the bug guard with picaridin. That is half price (6.99) by the way next week through the catalog! Anal Annie, are you reading? :goodvibes

Does anyone know about parasailing at VB? DH wants to give it a try. I came up empty on the search function but thought someone might know.

TIA

mouseaddicts looks like we planned almost the same vacation. We're at BCV 7/2-7/6 and VB from 7/6-7/10. Maybe we'll run into you. I'll be reffing the arguments over sand toys from DS's 10 & 13 (you'd think they'd be too old by now).

We should plan to meet up! :goodvibes
We're not doing the parks while @ BCV - Just planning to spend most of the time at SAB - with a pop in to Beaches & Cream :3dglasses
I have DD's 12 & 15 with a DS9.5(will be 10 in Sept)

Lesley - It does sound like we've planned the exact OPPOSITE trip! :rotfl: I guess we'll wave on our drive to VB Sunday ... as you're driving to BCV!

I didn't see any parasailing anywhere. Bear in mind the Vero Beach isn't really a heavy tourist area, so some things along those lines may not be available. The resort does offer personal watercraft rentals, being pulled by a a pwc on a big inflatable banana raft and kayak rentals.

I used the regular skin so soft oil spray. That worked pretty good, but I am going to buy the bug guard with picaridin. That is half price (6.99) by the way next week through the catalog! Anal Annie, are you reading? :goodvibes

:rotfl: Reading / lurking! :goodvibes I'm still wondering about the OFF (Skintastic) Smooth Dry formula with Picaridin from Target / Walmart etc?! That comes in an aerosol and in a pump.:confused3 If the Picaridin is the key... (i thought Avon was not stocked in the bug guard whenever i looked?!)

We should plan to meet up! :goodvibes
We're not doing the parks while @ BCV - Just planning to spend most of the time at SAB - with a pop in to Beaches & Cream :3dglasses
I have DD's 12 & 15 with a DS9.5(will be 10 in Sept)

Lesley - It does sound like we've planned the exact OPPOSITE trip! :rotfl: I guess we'll wave on our drive to VB Sunday ... as you're driving to BCV!

Yes it does! Please don't clear them out at Beaches n Cream. I'm hoping to try the kitchen sink this time:thumbsup2

Pity though, my DD's 10 & 14 would have enjoyed the company.:goodvibes

:rotfl: Reading / lurking! :goodvibes I'm still wondering about the OFF (Skintastic) Smooth Dry formula with Picaridin from Target / Walmart etc?! That comes in an aerosol and in a pump.:confused3 If the Picaridin is the key... (i thought Avon was not stocked in the bug guard whenever i looked?!)

I'm going to look in WalMart for Picaridin. Avon Uk doesn't seem to have any bug spray other than a Skin so Soft dry oil body spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter