The 2009 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got bad news at work yesterday, thankfully I still have a job but we are having across the board 10% pay cuts. we will be probably trying to eat in as much as possible, but I don't want to keep our traveling friends from going out to dinner and they won't go without us. So I need a few ideas for the restaurants with the most bang for the buck. I could just research this thread to find some but I'm feeling kinda lazy.

Three words - EARLY BIRD SPECIALS

I know Squid Lips and Lobster Shanty offer them. It kind of stinks to eat early but if money is tight, its a great way to enjoy a good restuaurant meal without breaking the bank.

I know Squid Lips and Lobster Shanty offer them. It kind of stinks to eat early but if money is tight, its a great way to enjoy a good restuaurant meal without breaking the bank.

Mr. Manatee's - couple blocks from Lobster Shanty - also has early birds, and offers all you can eat specials through the week in the evenings. Friday is my favorite - fried shrimp - tender and delicious.

Too Jays in Vero is priced right, and you have your choice of everthing either on US Hwy 1 South or on State Route 60 going out towards I-95.

If the chair swap was banned for not allowing disers to exchange money - is the rent/trade board still up?? How is that different?

That's a good question! Can someone post a link to the policy statement about the money exchange thingy?

We have about the same size pond in our back yard... Maybe bigger (10K). We have some fish, a couple turtles (one box and one snapper), and the birds, deer, and squirrels drink from it every day. The spring peepers always let us know when spring has arrived.

Glad to meet a fellow nature lover...

Sounds great Rob. What kind of fish do you have? Does the snapper enjoy having them around? :laughing:

I am definately over populated with koi. I have about 50, but have a lot of filtration and they seem to do fine. I've had the pond since 1995. I've taught ponding at our local community college in their continuing education program and consult with folks in the area.

John

If you don't mind me asking - who are you doing your turtle walk through and was there a certain age that your children had to be to participate? My dd reallly wants to go on one - but she is only going to be 5 - I don't doubt she would behave b/c she is obsessive about learning about animals - but I would be surprised if there was an organization willing to take someone that young!

Thanks!

We are doing our turtle walk thru Caribbean Conservation Corp. I could only get a walk thru their adopt-a-turtle program but I didn't mind paying $50 for the 4 of us since the $ is used for the turtles. She did not ask the ages of anyone in my family-- only asked their names. The walks are on Monday nights from 9pm until 12 midnight-- could go as late as 1 am. Phone # 1-800-678-7853 Have a great trip!

Any idea what times the Early Birds are?

If the chair swap was banned for not allowing disers to exchange money - is the rent/trade board still up?? How is that different?

An excellent question. There are thousands of dollars at stake with renting points, we are talking under $15 per person with the swap. I truly don't understand, but this is not my ball field and I don't make the rules.

Hey everybody! I'm a bit behind in getting my trippie started sorry about that. Players: Me, DW, DD16, DDBF 17 and our traveling friends(also DVC members) and their 11 yo son.

We drove to Orlando Saturday and stayed off site at the Fountains, a Blue-Green Resort and were quite impressed with the accommodations. We had a 2 bedroom villa and it was very large, very nice and we got an unbelievable rate of $99. I like the room but there is still nothing like being onsite, is there?

Saturday evening we drove to Boardwalk and had our cars valet parked free of charge, DVC perk thank you. We strolled around the BW and watched street performers and waited for a table at Big River Brewery. We had a good dinner and very pleasant evening, I just love the BW area. This was my DD's BF's first taste of Disney, I think he liked it.

Sunday we drove over to DTD and shopped around for awhile and had lunch at the Earl of Sandwich. We left for Vero after lunch. Once we got through all the toll booths on the Bee Line Express we headed south on I-95 towards some rough looking clouds. We drove through rain so hard that we were all going about 25 miles per hour for four or five miles. Awful rain.

It finally stopped until we got to Vero and it was coming a flood. We got checked in and headed for building 15 in a monsoon! We got the last parking space under the building and thought we were good to go until we got up to the third floor and the walk to the room was uncovered and there was water standing three inches deep in front of our door.

Once in we found that we probably have the best view the villas can offer. We are on the 3rd floor at the end of the building facing the ocean. The only other room with such a view is the one next door and is inhabited by fellow DISer Texansue. My 2BDR is rooms 1540-1541 if you ever need a good room to request this is it!

This am I got up for sunrise and it didn't disappoint. Went to bell services and picked up the umbrella and chairs from the swap and they are very nice, high quality, thank you very much MARIA!!! Texansue has the other set! Went to the beach around 8:30 and stayed until 1:00 or so. The most wonderful four plus hours I've ever spent at the beach. The umbrellas shade and the breeze off the water made from an absolutely wonderfully comfortable time. The cold beers didn't hurt either.

So how about some photos:

DD and BF at Fountains
IMG_4589.jpg

Me and DW at BW
bobette.jpg

DD and BF at BW
mattierobertboardwalk.jpg

BW at night
bdwalk.jpg

performers
streetperf2.jpg

sreetperf1.jpg

Sunset on Inlet-from car window!
IMG_4681.jpg

Sunrise from my room this am
IMG_4694.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

my room location
IMG_4707.jpg

the pool this am
earlymorningatpool.jpg

The lovely inn!
theinn.jpg

couple of random MM photos from DTD
IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

More later. Going to Squidlips tonight! BTW it is a good thing that we didn't go to WDW for a week this year, I think i may have a stress fracture in my left foot and can hardly walk. Thanks for joining in!

Great pics! Hope you have a wonderful time at Vero Beach. This is one of my most favvvvv resorts! Nothing like the beach! Can't wait to hear more..:goodvibes

Thank you so much for the photos:worship: Photobob!
We fly over from Scotland 3 weeks today:cool1: and we have an Ocean View Inn Room so I hope our view is as good as yours.

Thank you so much for the photos:worship: Photobob!
We fly over from Scotland 3 weeks today:cool1: and we have an Ocean View Inn Room so I hope our view is as good as yours.

You're gonna love that room Lesley:thumbsup2 We stay in an OVIR every summer and its great. Cant wait for our own trip in 5 weeks:thumbsup2

Speaking of which, anyone else going July 9th-13th?

Great pics, photobob! I love the one with your DD and DDBF on the BW.

We just got back from VB and stayed in The Leatherback Cottage, rm #1450. It was a hop, skip and a jump from the beach access and pool. My only regret was that we didn't take more pictures while there. We loved the BC. Definately worth the extra points but photobob's room looks like it is perfect too! The CM's were the friendliest we have ever encounted. Very personable. We also had to unload our vehicle in the pouring rain but we did get a reward in a beautiful rainbow over the ocean for our trouble. Of course, I didn't have my camera handy and only got the picture when it was starting to fade.

This was our first and probably last visit to VB so we did it big with 13 (one infant) in a BC. We are having to sell our VB points so I wanted to stay there at least once. The biting bugs were awful at night which I knew they would be. The kids really enjoyed (older ones 'suffered' through it) the campfire and smores. Most of their time was spent at the pool. This thread has was a wonderful tool for planning our time at VB.

Gorgeous pics Photobob !
My favs are : your dd and bf with the Boardwalk in the background; the sword entertainer on the BW and the last one --the mickey glass. Awesome.

I think I have to agree that your DD's BF does indeed like the disney experience. Boy...that sure did sound like a boat-load of rain u all got !

Have fun at Squidlips---we enjoyed it. Ask for a window seat. Say "HI" to Texansue if ya see her. Have an awesome time with the family Photobob ! Hope the foot feels better soon !!!!

Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter