The 2007 Crash and Burn Version of the Red Sox

You must mean Eric Gag me...that's what I want to do everytime he gets the ball:scared1:

::yes:: I could not believe they put him in last night. I understand getting him more relief chances to boost his confidence, but not in a 2-1 game, when the Yankees are surging.

Youkilis is out now too? Is that from getting hit in the game against the Yankees:wizard: this past weekend?

Yup. Originally they said it was a contusion, but apparently it was worse than that as he has been out since the hit.

As a Red Sox season ticket holder, I'm reminded of the pre-2004 joke about the Red Sox credit card; it's the only credit card available where every September, you actually lose interest!

Are my Orioles mathmatically eliminated yet?

Yes?

Oh well, 2008 is our year.

Yankees are the best team in baseball right now , followed by the Angels.. It doesn't neccessarily mean anything in Oct, but they look like the teams to beat ,and I don't think the Sox can do it..Not unless they all get healthy and hitting/pitching at once... Our closer can't even hold the line anymore

As a Red Sox season ticket holder, I'm reminded of the pre-2004 joke about the Red Sox credit card; it's the only credit card available where every September, you actually lose interest!

TOO funny!!!

Season ticket holder for the Sox?? You're a lucky guy!

It looks kind of bad right now, but it's not over yet, guys and gals. We have to keep the faith (even though it's been pretty hard to do so this week :guilty: ).

We just got swept by the 2007 Blue Jays..Impressive. The Yanks have 3 games with them this weekend..Watch them squish the Blue Jays like bugs

I've been down this road so many times before but it just never gets easy!
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Yankees are the best team in baseball right now , followed by the Angels.. It doesn't neccessarily mean anything in Oct, but they look like the teams to beat ,and I don't think the Sox can do it..Not unless they all get healthy and hitting/pitching at once... Our closer can't even hold the line anymore

I was at the Yankees game last night and can we say nail bitter. Mariano was stressing me out.

Ok so you all know I am a Yankee fan! But come on guys! This is not the GO GET EM! Spirit you all had in May. Remember they are still the team to beat! We respect you as a team in the lead. And I think it is going to be a GREAT Series!(And I honestly didn't think the Yankees were going to be in when they were 15 games out)

Play BALL!(Just keep gagne out of the game and you'll be fine)

Ok so you all know I am a Yankee fan! But come on guys! This is not the GO GET EM! Spirit you all had in May. Remember they are still the team to beat! We respect you as a team in the lead. And I think it is going to be a GREAT Series!(And I honestly didn't think the Yankees were going to be in when they were 15 games out)

The closer the series the better. :)

Yankees are the best team in baseball right now , followed by the Angels.. It doesn't neccessarily mean anything in Oct, but they look like the teams to beat ,and I don't think the Sox can do it..
Well, if it's any consolation at all, the Yankees can't beat the Angels either. If my Yanks end up playing the Angels in the first round, they'll be going home early.:rolleyes: In the entire Joe Torre era (1996-present), those @#$% Angels are the ONLY team in baseball to have a winning record against the Yanks, not to mention knocking them out in the first round of the playoffs TWICE ('02 & '05). I swear, Angel Stadium is the Yankees' personal house of horrors.
We just got swept by the 2007 Blue Jays..Impressive. The Yanks have 3 games with them this weekend..Watch them squish the Blue Jays like bugs
It's not going to happen. The Yanks will be facing Halladay, Marcum, and Burnett. No way they're sweeping. The Jays always play the Yanks hard.
I truly believe that the Sox will hold on and still take the division. I'm resigned to the fact that the Yanks are getting the Wild Card this year and after the awful start where the entire pitching rotation was on the DL :scared1: , I'm delighted to get to the postseason any way they can.

I was at the Yankees game last night and can we say nail bitter. Mariano was stressing me out.
I was screaming at the television last night. I actually had a pain in my chest watching that. It's like the second coming of John Wetteland. I know it was a one run game and that means Mo time, but I'd have rathered Joe leave Joba in. He only pitched to one batter.:rolleyes:

Oh, I know we will make the playoffs...It just seems like they have actually made a decision to cede the division... I'm sure they are thinking that they need to let all the injured people get better so we have a better team going into the playoffs

I was screaming at the television last night. I actually had a pain in my chest watching that. It's like the second coming of John Wetteland. :

Yeah, i get physically Ill watching baseball..Sometimes i have to change the channel or look away..That's why I can't really hate the fans of other teams that I'm supposed to hate..I know that when I'm winning, someone ,just like me is sitting there with that punch in the gut feeling I'm used to having.

I'm going to need lots of Vodka and Alka Seltzer in Oct

Just weird how Gagne fell apart when traded to the Red Sox.

Still hoping that they hold off the Evil Empire, but I don't know... :)

Alas, SSB's Braves will not be there at all.

Yeah, i get physically Ill watching baseball..

When the Sox lost to the Yankees in 2003, I finished listening to the game on the radio and then turned out the light and went to sleep. Around 3 a.m. I woke up from a sound sleep crying. :sad: I'm sitting on the edge of the bed with tears streaming down my face and thinking, girl, you really need to get a grip! :rotfl:

I've seen lots of disappointments with the Sox but nothing ever affected me the way that series did. I do, however, still pace like crazy. I bet I walked a couple of miles over the weekend when I thought they might come back and win game 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter