The 2006 “Mommy & Daddy Are Still Drinking - But Not Alone” Pre-Trip Report

PRWPMP

Welcome TTA Travelers...
Hi everyone!!! Jeez…a guy goes away for a month or so and comes back to find the DIS Trip Report Board logically divided between Pre-Trip and Post-Trip reports, Vettechick with child, and the 1000thhappyhaunt still going strong. Where does the time go?

Okay, so for those of you who still remember the “2006 Mommy & Daddy Want to Drink Alone” trip report, grab your Cappy & Cokes or other adult beverage of your choosing and hang on…’cuz we’re goin’ again!!!

Excuse me? What’s that? You weren’t part of the “2006 Mommy & Daddy Want to Drink Alone” fun? Okay…stop reading any further and click this LINK. We’ll wait…honest we will…really…go ahead. Now git!!!

See…we waited. You can trust Cappy drinkers. We aren’t like those other nasty old pirates.

So it’s good to “see” everyone again. This trip is going to be a bit different than the last one. Most notably, we are bringing our daughter Ally down with us this time. The locations are going to change too. Okay, enough babbling and I’ll explain the whole deal.

Back in July, I was asked to present a half-day workshop at the 2006 ProjectWorld / World Congress for Business Analysts Conference, which happens to be held in Orlando, which also happens to be from November 6th through the 9th. So that’s a pretty big deal don’t you think? Yeah, me too. So we added a couple of days on each end, and decided this would be a great (and cheap, since work is paying for a majority of the trip) chance to bring Ally back down. I love it when things like this fall in your lap.

So, the particulars…to keep the “old schoolers” happy:

Me (Total Disney Freak since way back yonder or a coon’s age…whichever you prefer):
Paul
38 years old
IT Project Manager for Thrivent Financial
Something you didn’t know: Anything illegal I might do within 60 days of a WDW vacation should technically be dismissed due to temporary insanity
Favorite drinks: Rum and just about anything and/or Jack Daniels and something clear and/or Canadian whiskey and something clear and/or…okay, so I pretty much enjoy any type of liquid libation EXCEPT tequila, gin and Southern Comfort (all high on the ‘icky’ meter [SHUDDER])

DW (She’s called a dame because she is too classy to be a broad):
Michelle
35 years old
Physical Therapist Assistant – Heartland Home Care
Something you didn’t know: Has learned to tolerate (or ignore?) my Disney OCD and love of Rat Pack music
Favorite drinks: Tanqueray and Tonic and/or Bombay Sapphire and Tonic (notice the top shelf requirements…again, more credence to the Dame vs. Broad debate)

DD (Dame-in-Training):
Allyson
11 years old
An astoundingly good student and daughter
Something you didn’t know: Shares her Daddy’s gift of Disney OCD, is all of a sudden too cool to hug her Dad when she gets dropped off at school, and has somehow managed to keep an African Dwarf Frog she brought home from school THREE YEARS AGO alive!!!
Favorite drinks: Orange juice and/or Code Red Mountain Dew

PREVIOUS WDW TRIPS:
1995 = Dixie Landings
1998 = Caribbean Beach Resort
2000 = Disney Institute (for business…ha, ha, ha, ha)
2001 = All Star Movies – with DD
2002 = All Star Movies – with DD
2003 = Offsite Rental House
2004 = Offsite Rental House in Feb.
Offsite Rental House in Dec. – with DD
2006 = Pop Century in Jan.

Accommodations:
Caribe Royale (not my first choice, but it’s where the conference is being held, so whatta ya gonna do?)

Preliminary Game Plan:
Thursday, November 2nd, 2006:
- Try to look busy at work whilst staring at the clock…tick, tick, tick, tick….
- Drive to Milwaukee and check-in at Four Points Sheraton (Sleep, Park ‘n Fly Package)
- Have a relaxing drink to end the day at: TBD

Friday, November 3rd, 2006:
- Wake up at 5am to get ready, catch the shuttle to the airport, check-in with Midwest, and wait until our 7:30am departure
- Arrive in Orlando at 11:05am and proceed directly to the AVIS area in the parking garage (AVIS membership has its privileges)
- Drive to Caribe Royale
- Check-in at Caribe Royale and hopefully get our room
- Head to Downtown Disney for walking around, shopping, people watching and drinks

Saturday, November 4th, 2006:
- Magic Kingdom Day

Sunday, November 5th, 2006:
- EPCOT Day

Monday, November 6th, 2006:
- Discovery Cove Day
- Need to check in at the conference and figure out where I am presenting
- Scope out some of the pre-conference activities

Tuesday, November 7th, 2006:
- Relax/lounge at Caribe Royale and prep for the workshop/seminar
- Conference Workshop from 1pm to 5pm!!!

Wednesday, November 8th, 2006:
- Animal Kingdom/Disney Studios Day
- Attend a few conference seminars and the exhibitor area

Thursday, November 9th, 2006:
- SeaWorld Day
- Attend a few conference seminars and the exhibitor area

Friday, November 10th, 2006:
- Park “Clean-Up” Day
- Park hop and ride our favorites
- Downtown Disney for shopping
- Pack everything up

Saturday, November 11th, 2006:
- Drive to airport for 11:45am departure
- Return rental car
- Arrive in Milwaukee at 1:30pm
- Drive to Green Bay

Also, we have the following overall goals for this trip:
1. Relax and enjoy
2. Kick butt in conducting the workshop
* I have a side business that just happens to be exactly what I will be talking about during the workshop…hmmm…can you say marketing potential?
3. Let Ally pick what she wants to do what at the parks

So that’s it. Hopefully, you’ll all “tune in” upon our return in mid-November. There will be Cappy. There will be laughing at losers. There definitely will be a Leatherman packed this time. There probably will be something else that I wish I had brought down.

See you all soon…I have start at least four different lists…and its only 3 weeks to go now…now git!!!!

I suppose you are one of those people that think they can save time by driving back on I43 along the lake, than come inland and drive I94-I45-I41 to GreenBay. You probably shave off 20 minutes going that route. (just messin with ya-I live right on Highway 41 in Lomira).
Nice to know someone that actually works at that big Thrivent Building on 41. Do you walk and jog on those trails to get in shape for WDW?
Thanks for posting your Pre-trip, let me know when you want to make the hop to our new TR Board, i'll move you over.

:rotfl2: Too funny!!! Since we live on the far southwest side of Green Bay, we almost always take 41 down to Milwaukee, but if we need to end up on the east side of Green Bay, we will come up I43. Always good to have more than one option when traveling...

I was just down your way last weekend keeping the goose population in check. Can't wait to hit the new Cabelas soon.

I had to give up jogging on the trails at Thrivent because the ice cubes kept falling out of my Cappy and Coke. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter