"The 12 days of Disney Christmas" or "With 6 you get towel oragami!" New 2/9 pic

So glad that you got to enjoy the EMH! (ha, ha right now the commercial for going to WDW for $1600.00 is on right now--and everytime I see it now I think of "Where's K?" hinting to go again.)
Ugh and Yuck to poor "Middle Mermaid" having to hold the autograph books from "Where's K?"'s pouch!
The poncho story--that seems about right for "Where's K?" When no one else wears one she's all decked out in her's (for no real reason), so when everyone is covered (for good reason) she takes her sweet time getting her own on.
Can't wait for the trip home!!! (Although I'm not ready for your tr to be over :( )

You guys are very brave for going out in that monsoon on Christmas Day!!! AND you stayed for EMH!!! I'm impressed! Glad you had a good time, even with the rain. It was a crazy Christmas Day in WDW, that's for sure! :thumbsup2 But, it kinda fits in with your whole trip, I think!

Can't wait to read the rest of the story!
-Michelle

Love the updates!

Middle Mermaid is very good...a lesser woman would have just left Where's K with the other family...especially after the safari photo incident (j/k) ;)

And what WAS where's K doing in the bathroom that long? :confused3

Too funny about the poncho too! Can't wait to see what trouble they caused on the way home...

Hello once again everyone.

mindystar - I have the same reaction whenever I see that commercial too. But it's nothing a few hours in a dark room with a damp cloth on my head won't cure. I bet you will always remember her on your future trips whenever you pass a smoking area also.:thumbsup2

Tuesday, Dec 26th, We leave for home.:sad2:

Today we actually got the irrate Brazillian to call us one more time for old times sake. Today I answered it since we had replugged in our phone. This morning will be filled with trying to get all the stuff we have bought over the last 11 days into suitcases that will still pass through airport security. As most of you know this is not always an easy trick. We spent two hours playing the old pack and repack game. eventually we were able to get everything in and all the suitcases actually zipped!:woohoo: Of course the two empty "extra" bags we had brought with us were now busting at the seams and the feather bed pillow I always travel with because I get a headache from foam had become my second carry on but we managed. "Lazy" who did nothing to get ready himself and let his Grandmother pack him while he laid in bed, also looked like he was going to be ok. "Where's K?", who had brought along an ancient hard sided suitcase that could serve as a floatation device for the entire plane should we go down in the everglades, was fretting about the weight. (I have to admit I was also because I just knew that if it was over your's truely would end up footing the bill.) Just as we were zipping up the last of our bags "Where's K?" appeared in the door to our room with a Disney bag. "You might as well take this to use with one of the ornaments you bought since They put away all the Cinderella ornaments." It was the stand she had bought a couple of days ago to go with the ornament. First Disney dig of the day. It wasn't exactly anything we would have bought ourselves, obviously since we didn't, and it was a devil to find extra space in one of our suitcases but we got it home. Guess we will have to put it out somewhere next year when she visits at Christmas. Maybe the Cinderella ornament we bought.:thumbsup2 About the time we were finishing up but waiting for our traveling buddies to get themselves together I realized that we still hadn't recieved anything from Magical Express about our return trip or pick up. I called down to the front desk and was told that they wouldn't be able to tell me anything because I hadn't registered a credit card with them!? I was able to eventually find out that we would be picked up by the bus at 11:30 but beyond that nothing. (This whole thing was kind of a mess. Apparently the Magical Express is not run by Disney but Meers. The credit card had nothing to do with it. It seems Meers just simply messed up and missed us with the door hanger. A word to the wise, when this happens there is absolutely noone on Disney property who can help you or even tell you where to go to get help.) We decided that since we had a pick up for 11:30 we would just take our bags down to the luggage room and check them and then grab something to eat at the food court. When we started down to the front lugging our bags "Where's K?" announced that there was no way she would be able to get her bag down there by herself. So we drug everything back into the room and I called to see if I could get a luggage cart. The CM on the other end said that they could do better than that they would send a CM up to get our luggage for us. Great! I set that up and then we piled the bags in the room and headed down to the lobby. I decided to go ahead and check out now to save time later so I went up to the desk and settled our bill and so on. I then stopped at the luggage room and confirmed that they would be getting our bags and then got in line for the airline check in. Figured lets get it all done in one grand swoop. When I got up to the front of the line I spoke to a woman, also not a Disney CM, she asked me about our bags and I told her that the hotel was going to retrieve them from the room. She hardly acknowledged me and walked away. I waited there for about 10 mins and then asked a second woman about our check in. This person then asked about the bags and when I told her they were being brought down she became very disgusted that I was there and told me I couldn't check in with out them, "Please step aside for other guests." like I had cooties. Now I was in a dilema. I couldn't check in with out luggage, My bags were in the room, I had checked out of the room so I no longer had access to my bags and the CM at the luggage room couldn't tell me when they would get to my bags. In addition I had the rest of the group in tow and they were all making noise about being hungry. "Magic Beckdom" and I returned to the hotel desk and explained our problem to a very nice CM. Unfortunately since Magical Express is not run by Disney he couldn't help me with the lack of info about this service. He did spend about a half hour with us trying to get our luggage brought down. This was beginning to be a big concern as it was already 10:45 and we only had 45 mins until the bus picked us up. During this whole time the girls, "Sleepy" and "Where's K?" had been sitting on a bench just inside the lobby door. The girls were both looking a little worried, "Sleepy" was oblivious and "Where's K?" kept up a steady litany of how this was a scam by Disney to get you to stay in their hotels. Second Disney dig. I'm getting more and more anxious about the luggage situation but even more so at the barely audible statements from my good friend. Finally I have "Magic Beckdom" send them all to the food court with "Middle Mermaid" in charge of the room cards to get something with the remaining counter services and snacks left. It was about this time that I was standing in the center of the lobby at ASMu, looking hopeless I presume, when a gentleman walked up to me in a suit and no name tag, not a CM?, and asks if I need help. I proceed to unlaod the entire story on him and after listening to my nightmare he says he will be right back and runs off. At this point "Middle Mermaid" returns with her charges in tow. "Where's K?" has a cup of tea and a danish and is now grumbling about the "confusing meal plan". "Picky" and "Antsy" have returned and they are taking turns "Picky" is breaking pieces off a bagel and then "Antsy" is dropping them in a potted plant in the lobby. By this time I am starting to feel light headed, "Magic Beckdom" is doing her best to help sort this out but neither of us seem to be getting anywhere. Then "Middle Mermaid" comes over and volunteers to stay with me so that "Magic Beckdom" can now run to the food court and get something for both of us. We take her up on this. (I think this was a ploy to get as far away from "Where's K?" as she can.) As soon as "Magic Beckdom" turns the corner at the far end of the lobby the guy in the suit returns. (At the time I believe he is a guardian angel. Only later do I begin to believe he actually works for the FAA and has been tracking my movements since I left Syracuse 11 days ago. I am now sure they know all about the pipe bombs and the coke. They are aware of the kidnapping of a minor. They have tracked the attempts to forge Disney signatures. Taken notes on the various attempts to harm local flora and fawna. They even have pics of the attempt to hijack a mouse keeper and sell her into domestic slavery. In other words they have my number and they are willing to do anything to get me out of the state of Florida and back to New York were I belong.) This man tells me that our bags will be down momentarily. Sure enough, in the time it takes "Middle Mermaid" and I to walk out to the covered carport area a CM is coming down the path with our luggage. (New problem, we now have our luggage and can check in for the airline but "Magic Beckdom" is nowhere to be seen.) "Where's K?" walks up complaining about, "It's about time they got them here. What are we supposed to do if they don't show up? Leave them here?". "Will you just let it go, they are here and we still have time. This whole thing would not have been so stressfull if you would have just sat there and kept your big Santa Minnie hat wearing, autographbook stuffing, feet bleeding, cigarette stealing, signature forging, poncho wearing, maid kidnapping, wandering off every 3 seconds mouth shut!!" NO, I DIDN'T. BUT IT SURE WOULD HAVE FELT GOOD IF I HAD. AND THERE IS NOT ONE OF YOU OUT THERE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BLAME ME. In actuality, I mustered a smile and said, "Now we just have to find "Magic Beckdom" and we can register." She responds with, "Do you want me to go get her?" (Is she kidding? Is she trying to provoke me into committing the Happiest Murder on Earth? Does she know how close she is to being jammed in her suitcase and being forced to ride in the belly of the plane?) "No, I'm sure she will be here soon." I get the group together just off to one side of the lobby check in area so as soon as "Magic Beckdom" returns we will be able to get our luggage checked in and get our boarding passes. "Where's K?" complains the entire time we wait that she could have gotten her and been back by now. "Antsy" dozes on his duffle bag, which is the size of many European cars. "Middle Mermaid" is back to the old "pretend I am part of this other family" routine and "Tinker Jo" seems to be trying to find the little pixie room again. Finally "Magic Beckdom" returns with a coffee and pastry for me. She makes the mistake of telling me, too loudly, that the cashiere said we had no counter service or snacks left on the card so she just paid for it. "Where's K?" overhears and starts to sputter that they just said we had 8 snacks left when they got their food. "This is a scam!! They are trying to steel the balance of the money left on that card. It's probably the CM's!! They have figured out a way to skim the balance off each of these cards people get. They are probably raking in a fortune!!" (Looks like the ruining of her trip is now complete.) We get our bags checked in with the airline, luckily the "friendly, helpful" woman doesn't work for JetBlue. We now have just enough time to get ourselves over to the bus stop and get in line with the other poor souls who are headed for colder parts when the bus pulls up. I haven't had time to have a cigarette, that I desperately need by now or drink my coffee. (The cigarette is actually good because I only have one left and I know I would have to share it with you know who if I lit it now.) I sneak the coffee onto the bus with me. When we get to the airport "Magic Beckdom" runs off with "Tinker Jo" to...well you know that routine by now and I am left to listen to "Where's K?" complain about the Great Disney Dining Plan Scam. When we get to security "Dopey" again pulls the same routine. His camera bag is sent through with the camera still in it and gets to jump back in the FP line for a second ride. One shoe gets wrapped up in his coat and they too get sent around again. I just walked through and pretend I have never seen these two potential security risks before. Just before we get on the imposter monorail I run into the restroom and come out to find "Where's K?" looking very smug. Seems she was able to find a news stand that sells cigarettes and she bought us both a pack. (You think after smoking my cigarettes for the last 7 days she would realize I smoke Salems and not Winstons!:confused3 ) Then as we exit the tram out in the gate area we discover that our plane is delayed by an hour. (I'm sure Fish girl and the Sleeping one are behind this.) Since we now have time to spare we all settle in to wait. I take out my book about the two teenage murders that seemed to fasinate the squirrels so much and try to ignore everything around me. Eventually we are told the delay is going to be more like an hour and 45 mins so we decide to try and get something to eat. "Where's K?" and "Picky" go off first and after about 25 mins they return. "Where's K?" has found a Mickey D's, "Picky" has nothing, guess the airport staff had heard about his huge appetite and refused to sell out their stock. "Middle Mermaid" and I then take a walk and find a Sparros. I get a very resentful look from "Where's K?" when I return with my ziti dinner. (I have the secret password that scores food here in the airport too.:thumbsup2 ) Then about 10 mins before we are to board an announcement tells us that we will now be boarding at a different booth. (Looks like "Nadia" and the irrate Brazillian have joined the plot.) Finally we are told it is time to board. When we enter the plane and get to our seats "Middle Mermaid" grabs the window seat on the left. I jump in next to her and "Magic Beckdom" takes the aisle seat next to me. This leaves "Tinker Jo" stuck between "Where's K?" at the window and "Sleepy" on the aisle on the right side. (serves her right for being the youngest.) We made really good time on the flight home. The two and a half hour flight only took two hours. I spent the entire time with my earphones on watching old episodes of "Match Game" on the game show network. "Middle Mermaid" watched the in flight channel that tells you the air speed and altitude. (I think she was quietly dreaming about what would happen to someone who was to be sucked out of the plane at that height.;) ) When we arrived back in good old Syracuse I became excited. I knew that it was almost over! Just a quick trip to baggage claim and we were free. Then while we waited to claim our bags "Where's K?" decided she couldn't possibly carry her steamer trunk to the car so she went off in search of one of those little carts you can rent. This gave "Magic Beckdom", the girls and I a chance to steal glances at each other that said, "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel." We soon were able to collect our bags and head for the parking garage. One unfortunate turn, "Magic Beckdom" had a suitcase that didn't quite make it to Syracuse in the same shape it left Orlando. It was last to come around the turn stile and it was wrapped in red crime tape that said, "Damaged in flight" It looked like she was transporting medical waste! We made a quick run for the garage and the elevator that would take us to our car and away from it all. Unfortunately we had forgotten to write down the level of the spots we had parked our cars in so we were forced to ride up and down in the elevator several times, all looking like the cast of Dawn of the Living Dead, "Magic Beckdom" dragging her city mission suitcase behind her, before we located the correct level. I can tell you we wasted no time getting those babies in the car. We did say we were going to stop and get something to eat and asked "Where's K?" and "Picky" if they wanted to come with us but unfortunately "Where's K?" just wanted to get home so they declined.:sad2: :rolleyes1 We last saw them at the parking garage toll booth. (We had set aside the money for parking and "Where's K?" had done the same. It wasn't until we were back in Syracuse that "Magic Beckdom" realized she had miss calculated and had figured the price of 10 days and it was actually eleven.:rolleyes1 (Hope you didn't spend everything down in Disney!:rolleyes1 ) We decided to stop back at the IHOP near the airport where we had eaten dinner the night before we flew out and had had such bad service, It only seemed proper that we come full circle and return to the place where it all started. This time we had great service and spent quite a while just sitting there enjoying our meal with no complaints about the confusing dining plan or having to watch Picasso make a new masterpiece out of his veggies.

Well folks thats the trip. It's my story and I'm sticking to it. Hope everyone has enjoyed following along. I will have one more post to this trip report with some final thoughts and one last surprise in the next few days. Don't go away, you will miss one of the best parts. I still have one more surprise up my sleeve. :grouphug:

Great report Harry, you Dis identity stealer!

Looking forward to the final surprise (please tell us you are all going back together - so we get to hear about a second trip!) lol (Just kidding - I wouldn't ask that of you for my entertainment...)

Well, Harry, all I can say is, Wow! What a great trip report. Hats off to you and your family!! The fact that you four managed to have fun and not totally lose it with your two traveling companions really says a lot about your family! I am so glad that you managed to have a good time, despite all of the many moods of the Dwarves, cigarette stealing, complaining "K", etc. I guess it's the Disney magic that makes such a thing possible! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Do the four of you have another trip planned? Well, thanks again and I'll make sure and check back in to read your final thoughts!

What a great trip report. I swear you all must be a family of angels to put up with so much negativity on your trip. I think I probably would have "lost it" at least once and let them have it, or maybe just lost them! :rotfl:

"Will you just let it go, they are here and we still have time. This whole thing would not have been so stressfull if you would have just sat there and kept your big Santa Minnie hat wearing, autographbook stuffing, feet bleeding, cigarette stealing, signature forging, poncho wearing, maid kidnapping, wandering off every 3 seconds mouth shut!!" NO, I DIDN'T. BUT IT SURE WOULD HAVE FELT GOOD IF I HAD. AND THERE IS NOT ONE OF YOU OUT THERE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BLAME ME.

:rotfl: :rotfl: This is exactly it!!! Hilarious.

Can't wait to read the final installment.

I think all your "fans" should pitch in and send you back real soon so we can have another report :rotfl: :rotfl: Love it!!

I think all your "fans" should pitch in and send you back real soon so we can have another report :rotfl: :rotfl: Love it!!

Great idea! Lets start up the collection right now! ;) :rotfl:

Great TR! Thanks for entertaining us so much!

:confused3 Hi gang! Just wanted to jump in today with one little episode that I had left out.

With all the drama surounding the Magical Express the day we left it was really great when we finaly got on the plane and knew we were headed home. Then about 5 mins after we took our seats and were waiting for the other passengers to board we hear a mans voice calling out in the aisle. He is calling out our names. Well at least the names of "Magic Beckdom", "Middle Mermaid", "Tinker Jo" and I. We look up to see the pilot standing in the aisle with a sheet of paper in his hand. I tell him that that is us and he responds with, "Oh, OK." and then turns to leave. I stop him and ask if something is wrong and he tells me, "No, I was just checking that you were all here." (He probably wanted to alert the flight attendants that a world class smuggling/forgery ring was on this flight and they should keep an eye on us.) Either that or the State of Florida wanted to make sure we were indeed on our way home. Funny thing is he never mentioned "Where's K?" and "The Dwarves". I felt like jumping up and pointing to them and shouting, "It's really them you want! They are the true master minds! We are just innocent pawns in their evil scheme to overthrow The Mouse!" No idea what that little drama was all about and I think I'm probably glad I don't.:confused3

I will post my last installment tom. I Promise. Don't miss it, there is one last surprise for all my faithful fans. I have come up with the PERFECT way to truely end this trip report and it involves all of you!:thumbsup2

Till tom.

Hello from a fellow New Yorker. I started your report but got side tracked awhile ago. I caught up today. There are so many funny parts, and your description of the events and the people really drew me into your story. I shared your joys and frustrations. It's a good thing you have a sense of humor and the ability to have a good time no matter what life throws at you. I'm sorry you had so many annoyances during your trip, but it certainly made for entertaining reading! :lmao: Your "characters" could easily star in a TV Sit-Com that would probably run for years and get great ratings.

I could especially relate to "The Dwarves." My step-son is a picky eater. He doesn't like his foods touching. He doesn't like dairy products, so eats his cereal dry out of his bowl. He doesn't like salad dressing, either, so he eats salad dry, too. With his hands. Until we complain. He's getting better about using a fork, which is fortunate, since he's 19 now!

Thanks for the entertaining and laugh-filled trip report. :thumbsup2

Thanks for spending so much time posting all the nitty gritty details of this "so horrible it's funny" family trip. You obviously have a marvelous sense of humor because I'm sure "Where's K" and the "Dwarves" would have gotten on even Mother Theresa's last nerve...

:surfweb:

I'm exhausted! That was some trip. I truly do have my hat off to you and your family for putting up with all that your two "guests" put you through.

I guess there's a lesson in there for all of us, one I have taken to heart: be careful who you ask to travel with you! Or at the very least, be sure that they are willing to split up if they feel they can't play nice.:rotfl:

I've enjoyed your TR immensely. Thanks for all the laughs, and I'll be standing by anxiously awaiting this one last trick up your sleeve.:thumbsup2

Awww, boo, it's all over :(
I'll have to remember to keep a close eye on my food credits to make sure that those sneaky CMs don't "steal" any of my snack credits ;)
Glad once you were on the plane it was uneventful and you all weren't pulled off for the forgery ring!
I hope that nothing was ruined or damaged (esp if it was from WDW) in "Magic Beckdom"'s damaged suitcase.
It was funny how you were all so glad to be done with the plane ride and going home. Most people are sad when their trip to WDW is over, but then again most people don't get the oppurtunity ;) to take a family vacation with "Where's K?" and the dwarfs, so I can't fault you there :)
Can't wait for the last post!
One last time to say "more, more, more!"

Hello friends and fellow Disers. Well it has been a few days since I ended the Trip Report proper. Thought it was time to get in here and wrap this thing up, with your help.;)

I wanted to say that this has been a really fun experience. It gave us to relive the trip all over again, the good and the bad.

I did want to say that inspite all the difficulties on this vacation "Where's K?" is a truely lovely woman that would give you the shirt of her back. (Even the wet one from TL.) She has been a true friend to all of us for several years now and we do value her friendship. She is just not a "Disney" person, at least in the way we all discribe that term. In her own way she did enjoy the trip. I asked her the other night that now that she has had a month to think about it would she ever want to go back. (Remember this was a woman who started out saying she had no interest in WDW what so ever.) She thought for a min and then said, "I wouldn't want to go back right away but maybe in a few years.". So in that respect she was "converted" I guess.

"The Dwarves" is also basically a good kid. He is one of six and right in the middle so he does tend to kind of get lost in the shuffle. The eating thing is due largely in part to the fact that he is left to his own devises alot of the time so he eats "from the can" so to speak.

Both "Middle Mermaid" and "Tinker Jo" are great kids. They made it through this trip and only complained a tiny bit. It's interesting to visit WDW with them now that they are older because they see the World so much differently now then they used to. We are at a point in our lives that they are quickly growing up and becoming our friends in addition to our daughters.

"Magic Beckdom" is already looking at prices for the coming year or so but it looks like our next trip will be the first we will experience Disney "on the high seas".

Will we be traveling with "Where's K?" and "The Dwarves" again? Well, "Where's K?" keeps bringing up a trip to Gettysburg, Pa. (Watch out all you folks in the Keystone State.) This might come about some time in the future. (I figure there are reportedly a lot of ghosts in Gettysburg. Do you think the locals will notice one who haunts the local McDonalds, hanging out near the garbage cans and occasionaly trims the bushes out front. Or a lonely spirit wandering the battlefield looking like she has a cannon ball in her drawers and tryies to bum smokes off of reinactors?) ;)

Since we have been home we have seen "Where's K?" and "The Dwarves" exactly twice. Once on NYE and then a couple of weeks ago we had them over for dinner. We are scheduled to go to dinner with them tommorow night. It's been long enough that the "wounds" have started to heal.;)

Now for my last "Trick".

As I put in the report "Where's K?'s" stranglely placed autograph book became a huge part of our trip. (She never did see Sleeping Beauty, so I don't know what happened with her autograph.)

I have been thinking for some time about the best way to bring this TR to an end and decided it would be a great tribute to the "forgery ring" if everyone who has followed our escapades would jump on and sign their name and then "Forge" an autograph of a Disney character so we could at least have as many of them as possible represented here.;) Even those of you who have been reading along but been affraid to post to date, this is your chance.

So in the spirit of the forge I will start. (que the theme song from the old Carol Burnette show.)
"I'm so glad we had this time together...
just to share a laugh or sing a song...
seems we just get started...
and before you know it...
comes the time we have to say ...
so long."

(with a tug of the ear.)"GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY!"

Harry - Tigger
Becky - Goofy
Kalyn - Ariel
Jourdan - Tinker Bell
Karen - Cruella DeVille
Nick - Sleepy

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :santa: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Jacquelyn - Stitch

(you signed for tigger already ;) )

Great report! Thanks for sharing your adventures (and misadventures)! :yay:

Great trip report. I have never laughed so hard in my entire life!

Katie - Maleficent

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter