"The 12 days of Disney Christmas" or "With 6 you get towel oragami!" New 2/9 pic

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
You're killing me.
I am surprised Where's K? and Ansty have made it this far into the trip without you strangling them with the light up mecklace.
Did she actually get around to asking a bus driver for a ride to the convenience store, or a date, or whatever it would take to get her smokes?

At this point I am guessing they never 'get it' and find the magic.

She declined it and then told me she was going to offer the bus driver $5 to stop at a convenient store so she could buy some. I told her I was sure they weren't allowed to do that. She then suggested that maybe she could get one that would be willing to take her over after he got out of work. (GREAT! A sixtyish woman wearing a Santa Minnie Hat and a wet terry cloth beach cover up with an autograph book in her pants walks up to a bus driver and offers him a five spot...

Seriously, you guys could make a movie version of your trip and it would put the Vacation ones to shame. This description? Priceless!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Is Where's K aware that you are writing this report? Just wondering what she would think about that! :lmao:

Allyson

Here I am trying to multi-task and eat my oatmeal while reading your tr, so that I can go get ready for work and then I read this:
Here I am, a forty year old man in a twinkling Santa Mickey hat trying to convince an 85 lb two year old with a stash in the front of her pants to get on the bus.
And I while laughing manage to get some oatmeal on my computer screen:rotfl:
Poor Middle Mermaid and the couch swallowing incident.
Thanks for this tr--it's well needed comic relief during the work week:thumbsup2

"Seriously, you guys could make a movie version of your trip and it would put the Vacation ones to shame. This description? Priceless!"
I agree with MomofCKJ, and would pay any amount of $$ to see that! :rotfl2:
Could I be an extra in the movie?:rotfl:
Why did'nt you guys ditch "Special K" & "Cybal dwarves" or split up ?:confused3
Another great installment, you've outdone yourself this time!:rotfl2:
Can't wait for more!!:woohoo:

You are killing me here:rotfl2: too funny!
Side note: I always thought that they did sell cigatettes at Disney-not on display but under the counter in the shops. I , too, am a smoker and I make sure I bring plenty of my own. No way I'd pay Fla. prices! My mama didn't raise a dummy;) ;)

Oh, oh, oh!

If you make the movie....could I play "The Dwarves?" I know that I'm a TAD bit older than him, but you know how well I can play the brat of the group! (Dodges smack upside the head!) LOL!

Until next time,
John

Yikes, you had went to page 2--it's much easier for lazy me not to have to go to the next page;)
So. . .bump. . .

Hello everyone! Sorry for my absence the last two days, I have been REALLY busy at work. In addition we had guests for dinner on Sat night. Can anyone guess who?;) It was the first time other than NYE that we have seen them and I had to have a debriefing time.

DisneyNut Mary - "Where's K?" never did ask for the ride she just threatened to offer the bribe. I kept her from doing it by giving her cigarettes the rest of the trip. I had one left when I got to the airport. Thankfully they do sell them at Orlando International.

momofCKJ - Where's K?" has no idea I am writing this TR. She doesn't even remember this web site exists.

mindystar - Sorry about the oatmeal thing. Maybe you could let it dry and then you and "Picky" could have a joint "Food as Art" show.

DISNEYFREAK13 - The idea of splitting up did come to mind often, trust me. However since they knew nothing of the World we didn't think it was fair to just leave them high and dry. Besides if she was left to her own devises "Where's K?" would have either disappeared never to be seen again or she would have created an international crisis.

HesATramp - so good to hear from you again. I actually was thinking of you for the "Where's K?" part!:rolleyes1

sandys - Welcome to our rookie. They do sell lighters now in WDW but not cigs as far as I know. I went all week sharing matches with "Where's K?", both lighting off the same match only to discover lighters at the hotel gift shop the day before we left. Then I had to throw it away before I got to security at the airport.

Back to the TR.

Sunday, 12/24, Christmas Eve

Today we have ADR's for breakfast at Restarauntasaurus so today we will spend the entire day at AK. Today's First will be EE and the FN show.

Today "Magic Beckdom" answers the wake up call, I had cracked and plugged our phone back in. We all got up with the call except you know who. Again "Magic Beckdom" had to use her best "mom" voice to get him up and moving. Both "Magic Beckdom" and I made sure "Where's K?" had her meds today BEFORE we left the room. We got to the bus stop and got a bus to AK with no difficulty. When we got to the gate there was a good size line waiting to get in. To pass the time we watched Wes Palm visit with the crowd. I tried to point out his handler but neither "Where's K?" nor "Sleepy" really seemed to care. She was more interested in getting to the breakfast and all he wanted to do was doze on the curb. When we got into breakfast "Where's K?" was pretty quiet. When we first sat down Goofy and Donald were coming through the room and would be with us very soon. Most of us decided to wait and visit with them before we got our food. "Where's K?" couldn't wait. She wandered off to the buffet and was gone for about 15 mins but eventually found her way back. Anytime she had to go to another room for the food we knew she was good for at least ten mins before she figured out the lay of the land. "Picky" was present with bells on. He came up to the buffet with "Magic Beckdom" and I, he scoped out the choices and ended up with a plate of fruit for breakfast. Again the menu here is very varied and they have all the standard breakfast fare, danish, omlettes etc. He is the pickiest eater I have ever seen. He did have hot choclate with this meal and he drank that but again most of his fruit was left on the plate. Our waiter at breakfast was great. He was obviously a Disney lover and gave us many great tips about how to attack the park with the two new big attractions open. "Where's K?" couldn't stop talking about, remember my disclaimer about the views of "Where's K?" here, his sexual orientation. At least she is an equal oportunity discriminator. After breakfast we decided to go get FP for EE. We walked by FN on the way and it was still closed. This would be a trend for the day. We grabbed FP for the five of us, "Where's K?" was going to skip this one. We then decided to go over to try the Safari, at worst we thought we could maybe hang out there and grab FP for later when the machine would give them to us. On the way we stopped just in the front of Africa to see Baloo. "Tinker Jo" and "Middle Mermaid" got the obligatory picture and "Tinker Jo" got his autograph. "Where's K?" didn't think her granddaughters would know this bear because she didn't think they had seen The Lion King.:confused3 (Why fight it. If they hadn't seen Lion King I'm sure they haven't seen Jungle Book.) When we got to KS there was no line at all and we walked right on. "Where's K?" was excited about this one because of the animals and "Happy" was up because he could snap away until his heart was content. We saw quite a few animals, perhaps because it was still early. We did get waylayed for a while by an ostrich that decided to lead us through at an ostrich's pace. At one point we came upon the elephants and "Middle Mermaid" was excited. Last time we were here she had loaded her camera wrong and it didn't advance so she got no pics of KS. Just as she raised her camera to snap the paciderm "Where's K?" gives a shout, "Oh Look elephants!" She than jumped up and took her own pic. When "Middle Mermaid" got her film back she has a great pic of the back of "Where's K?'s" head. This would be a sore spot with "Middle Mermaid" for the rest of the day. When we finished with the KS we still had a lot of time before our FP were good for EE so we walked back that way and decided to do the KRR. "Where's K?" decided to do this one too. So we grabbed FP for KRR and then went over and tried the MJT. "Antsy" didn't find anything here to keep his interest so we moved through here pretty fast. I knew by his track record that with him being bored around all these animals and foliage we could be in real trouble. We did spend a little time with the bats, he thought these were cool, I was trying to figure out a way to shove him through the bars. With his diet I figured he would fit right in. When we came out of the MJT it was time for our FP for KRR so we all went over and got in line. "Where's K?" was a little upset that the people in the stand by line were getting on with and before us but there really was again no line so both lines were moving together. I guess she felt that the FP entitled her to carte blanche and those second class standbyers should have parted like the red sea for her. She was also upset at this point because the fact that we were moving through line quickly didn't give her adequate time to get her poncho on. (Maybe we could have let a few more standby rif raf go in front of us.)

When we were on the KRR "Happy" was along for the ride however as soon as we got off "Antsy" returned and accompanied us as we headed over to use our FP on EE. We had just a few mins to kill so "Where's K?" and I stopped to have a cigarette at a smoking area just by the water across from the FoW theater. "Tinker Jo" had to do what "Tinker Jo" always has to do and "Magic Beckdom" said she would run with her and then they would grab a FP for ITTBAB on the way back. Somehow "Magic Beckdom" managed to sneak off without "Antsy". While "Where's K?" and I were having our cigarette I noticed that "Antsy" was very interested in something just off the path further down toward the water than we were standing. I casually walked down toward him to see what he was into and got within full sight of him just in time to see him pull back his leg and tried to KICK a duck. I had just about had it with his behaviors and I could not ignore that he was trying to hurt this poor bird. This is when I had my turn to use my best parental voice. I think the sound of my raised voice just about scared the crap out of him. "Don't do that!" "Do what?" "You were going to kick that duck!" "No, I wasn't." "I saw you do it!" "There's no duck there." (I wasn't raised on a farm or anything but I was always told that if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's a duck.) This creature, that was apparently not there except in my delusional head, fit the criteria for a duck. This little interaction resulted in his not talking to me for about 30 mins.:sad1: "Where's K?" acted like she hadn't heard. (I think she was just determined to not let anything interfere with her enjoyment of my cigarette.)

When "Magic Beckdom" got back with the FP we walked over to EE and got into the FP line. "Where's K?" asked to hold my cigarettes while we went on the ride, this way she would be OK if I was thrown from the car and eaten by the yeti.:thumbsup2 When we got to the loading area "Happy" was everywhere. He tried to climb in next to me but I got "selfish" and pulled "Middle Mermaid" in with me, he ended up behind us with "Tinker Jo". Poor "Magic Beckdom" was forced to feel the magic alone in the next seat. "Middle Mermaid" and I happened to luck out and got the front seat! This was intense. When you get to the destroyed track it really does look like you are going to pitch over the side of the mountain. As we were hurtling backwards down the mountain there was this inhuman scream that I truely thought was all part of the ride. It wasn't until I looked behind me just about at the end that I realized that this noise was coming from "Tinker Jo". She had her eyes closed and her mouth open and cries that I'm sure would have attracted the real yeti were just pouring out of her. (Our little daredevil, we are sooo proud of her.) When we got off the ride we were all talking a mile a min about how great this ride was. "Middle Mermaid" mentioned the Yeti taking a swing at us toward the end and "Tinker Jo" responded with "Yeti, what Yeti?":rotfl2: :confused3 We walked out to the spot we were to meet "Where's K?" and again she was MIA. Then I had a flash of brilliance. I remembered that she had wandered off with my cigarettes, so I checked the guide map and found the closest smoking area and sure enough there she was chatting merrily to her fellow smokers, the blue smoke wafting gayly around the fuzzy black ears of her Santa Minnie knock off.

Next we headed for ITTBAB as it was time to use our FP. when we got there there was no line so we did use the FP line but they never collected our FP tickets. During this ride both "Where's K?" and "Sleepy" dozed. It was kind of fun to see them both jump when the seats "stung" us in the back. (You think someone would have warned them about that.:rolleyes1 ) The stink bug also made "Wretchy" gag. (It was probably from him having a full stomach and all.) After we turned in our bugs eyes, I had to send "Clepto" back to put his in the bin, we walked over to Dinoland. "Middle Mermaid" ran to get FP for Dino while we found a quiet spot just behind restarauntasaurus to rest for a min. I had to "Borrow" one of my cigarettes from "Where's K?" while we sat. When "Middle Mermaid" got back she and "Tinker Jo" took our room keys to the little snack stand there to get some drinks. They were gone about 15 mins, I had begun to wonder what had happened to them when "Where's K?" announces that she couldn't begin to guess where they were! She hoped they hadn't GOTTEN LOST! (I figured they had actually realized they had everyones room keys and without them we couldn't get back in the room so they had ditched us and headed over to DTD!) When they did get back "Where's K?" kept "kidding" them that she thought they had gotten lost and I was very proud of both of them that they didn't point out that they were not the ones that needed a GPS inserted in their necks. After our sodas most of us went to do Dino. I have to tell you I am not a huge fan of this ride. When we rode this for the first time back in 2002 they kept telling us how important it was that we remain seatbelted at all times. They let us know in no uncertain terms that if we were to remove our seat belts at any time we would be crushed by the incoming meteor and then the remaining paste that had been our body would be lapped up by one of the Dinos. As we headed out to rescue the iguanadon we hit the first bump in the road and I felt my seat belt give!!:scared1: I was sure I was Dino chow. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't seem to find the belt. Everytime I would think I had it the car would lurch and it was gone or some big lizzard would jump out and threaten to swallow me whole. I was sure I was about to be one of those headlines you see every once in awhile. "Man thrown from ride vehicle and then crushed by falling rock." When we finally got to the end of the ride I still hadn't been able to secure myself into the ride and attempted to jump from the car of death as soon as it came to something that passed as a full stop. I was confused when I couldn't get out of the seat, I figured I had been paralized by fear and would be forced to ride again and again until the attraction finally succeeded in my demise. It was then that I realized that my seat belt was still in place.:confused3 Seems it had been my fanny pack that let go and not the seat belt. Due to this traumatic experience I always say I am not going to go on this attraction until the last min and then I end up going anyway. I usually end up riding the whole time with my eyes closed trying to tell myself that this fear is irrational but I have yet to see the whole ride. This time was no different. When we got out of Dino I again used the cigarette angle and we found "Where's K?" with no problem. I eventually had to get the pack back from her or I too would have soon been out and been trying to sell my body for a lift to 7-11.

Next we traveled back to get FP for another go at EE. With these in hand we decided to grab a bit of curb for the 3:45parade, that starts by the way at 3:45. I am certain of this because I told "Antsy" this atleast 6 times over the next 40 min while we waited. Now we discovered that "Where's K?" and "The Dwarves" really enjoy fireworks but they have no interest in parades. While we waited "Sleepy" returned and he caught a few winks. "Where's K?" sat there on the ground with her Santa Minnie hat reminding me of the dogs you sometimes see sitting in a car next to you in a parking lot. You know the ones, they insist on looking straight ahead out the windshield never blinking or turning to the right or left. It's as if they think they can will the driver to come back and take them for another ride because this sitting still doing or seeing nothing new is below them. This is the look "Where's K?" had the entire time. I also recognized a new sign of her displeasure at this point. Whenever she is bored and wants to be someplace else she places one index finger on the center of her lips, kind of like she is telling someone to shush. With "Magic Beckdom" and the girls sitting on the other side of these two I decided to strike up a conversation with the CM manning the rope there in the street and ignore the unhappy bassett hound in the red velour hat and the narcoleptic to my left.

I've got to finish up for today but I will post again tom. Hope everyone enjoys.

Tom's post: "Where's K?" leaves us and takes "The Dwarves" poncho and all his money with her and "Drippy" meets up with that lovely Asian lady.

Great installments, as always! :rotfl: as always. Love the Where's K/ basset hound image. And who exactly did she think she was trying to shush? Too funny.

Sorry about middle mermaid's pic, that would have ticked me off too! But at least she got to ride in front on EE! Good going there, dad.

Again I'm amazed at your ability to hold it together with all the frustrations...especially with it being such a special day like Christmas Eve...

More please! :thumbsup2

Ha, ha! I love doing dino with my younger sister--cause the picture at the end always shows us holding on to one another for dear life, cause we think at the moment the dino is for real going to eat us. Then there's our youngest sister who is like our Dad--smiling for the camera :)
"TinkerJo"s strange screaming on the Yeti reminds me of our youngest sister on SM at MK--she screams like she's an opera singer--and I laugh so hard that I can't catch my breath and tears are flying out my eyes!
Oh how I love the WDW ;)
Okay, well it's "tomorrow" and I need to find out about why "Where'sK?" would leave you, and how disappointed all of you especially "Middle Mermaid" (since she did ruin her shot) was ;)

Happy Tuesday all.

tigger536 - you must have been sitting on the computer yesterday to read and respond so quickly. With the "frustration" we just decided we had to make our own fun and we just tried to look at them as a form of entertainment. Granted sometimes it was as entertaining as a finger in the eye but we weren't going to let it ruin our trip.

disneyloveNY - thanks again for following along and being such a loyal reader.

Today I hope to finish up Christmas Eve. Keep your fingers crossed.

Last time we were waiting for the MJJP at AK. As I said "Where's K?" and "Antsy" are not huge fans of parades, a fact we learned once we got to WDW. The parade went by and neither of them showed any type of emotion at all. It was like watching a parade at Mount Rushmore. By the time it was over "Antsy" was wondering out loud about what Maryanne was up to back at our room! "Where's K?" asked for my cigarettes and wandered off to find a smoking area. "Magic Beckdom" reminded us that our FP for EE were now good and we could go over there. This caused "Happy" to come back and all was looking up. Then we realized that we were going to have to wait for "Where's K?" to come back. (Good thing this was an EMH day!) We didn't see her any where nearby so we decided to head for EE and look for her on the way. About halfway there we spotted her in the area back over across from the FoW theater. While we waited for her to finish "Antsy" joined us again and started to "innocently" search the bushes. Luckily the Duck must have seen him coming this time and was nowhere to be seen.

We made our way over to EE and deposited "Where's K?" in the nearby smoking area with two of my cigarettes and the book of matches and got into the FP line. This time we tried to get "Tinker Jo" to keep her peepers open but this must be a fear response or some kind of weird birth defect because as soon as we hit the top the eyes closed and the mouth opened again. it took two more tries that day before she was finally able to see the Yeti. When we exited the ride we walked back over to the smoking area and found "Where's K?" discussing room rates and park tickets with some guests from Kentucky. These poor people had also heard all about her two grand daughters and her "Handicapped" grandson back home, this really irks "Magic Beckdom as she works with the disabled and can't stand it when "Where's K?" refers to him as "handicapped", "Welcome to the new millenium, we say disabled now!":thumbsup2 We next headed over to see about FN the musical. When we got there we were told that the show had shut down for the day due to "Technical difficulties". After this disappointment we decided to walk back over and do the Pangani jungle walk. On the way I noticed that "Where's K?" was very quiet. I had seen this happen before but usually I could trace it back to something that had recently upset her. This time I really couldn't think of what could be wrong. When I asked her what was up she just placed her finger on her lips, got a very far off look on her face and said, "Nothing at all." (something's brewing there but what it is I have no idea.)
When we got over to Pangani we found it was also closed for the day.:sad2: Checking our guides we saw that FoW was about to start a show so we decided to go back that way. I know it seems we are doing a lot of criss crossing of the park but thats because we did. This was largely due to the spacing of FP's. It seems that we just couldn't get a good game plan down as how to utilize the FP and minimize the walking at AK. When we started over to FoW "Magic Beckdom" was excited because she decided she wanted to do the whole dollar in the air thing. (This from a woman who is not crazy about wild creepy crawlers.) We got to the theater just as a show was entering so we didn't have to wait. We moved into the theater and found a spot in the center section. "Sleepy" was not impressed here at all, probably because the seats are benches with no backs so it was next to impossible for him to catch a few winks. "Where's K?" continued to be ominously quiet. When it came time for a volunteer "Magic Beckdom" jumped to her feet already waving her dollar in the air. I think she had seen this show before.;) The bird trainer chose her and told her to hold her dollar out at arms length. Well talk about a look of concentration. She had a puss on that looked like someone was holding a gun to her head. Both "Middle Mermaid" and "Tinker Jo" got a good laugh out of her "serious face". It was the same face she gets when she is driving at night or in bad weather. All of her energy goes right to her jaw and her left eye twitches just a little bit, the corners of her mouth turn slightly downward and the tendons in her neck tighten. It is also the same look she had each time she was in labor and had reached ten centimeters. This is definately a woman on a mission.:rotfl2: Then the bird flew out and landed on her arm. She never flinched, smiled or even blinked. When her turn at being Stephanie Irwin was over she sat down and it took about 5 mins before her facial muscles relaxed. Afterward when we asked why she had volunteered for this if she was obviously so nervous she said, "I decided it was just something I wanted to do." (Guess it was her answer to the WS players, her way to find just a little more Disney magic.)

After the bird show we went back to the train that takes you out to RPW. It was starting to get kind of dark and we didn't have much time when we got out there. The whole reason we went is that we had read on the Boards that Jimminy Cricket had been showing up out there and we really wanted to see if we could find him. As you can guess this held little interest for "Antsy", this was a bug that was big enough to squash him back, or "Where's K?", no princess pedigree. When we got out to RPW we had just enough time for "Tinker Jo" to run to that little room again and miss JC, "Middle Mermaid" got her pic with the green one. Then "Middle Mermaid" and I jumped in line to see Pocahontas. We tried to get "Where's K?" to get this autograph but she wasn't falling for it. "Middle Mermaid" tried to convince her that Pocahontas was an indian princess but she might as well have been trying to get "Picky" to eat spinach quiche. We all did the petting zoo there, pretty much on a dead run and then made our way back out to the train stop. During the ride back out on the train "Where's K?" was still being very quiet and I actually began to worry that something was really wrong. When we reached the main part of the park we made a happy discovery. It seems that this was an EMH day, we had somehow missed this or forgotten this during all our planning. Now I really have to say that considering everything today had been going OK. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits, "Where's K?" was quiet but that is not an entirely bad thing;), and there had been no complaints about tired feet or the occassional headache. Since this was the case and since this was our one and only day for AK "Magic Beckdom" and I thought it was probably a good idea that we stay. When we brought up grabbing our EMH bracelets all He** broke lose. "Where's K?'s" eyes glassed over and the veins on her forhead popped out about 1/2 inch, her face turned purple and I swear I thought, just for a second< that her head was going to spin completly around on her neck. "OH NO! I AM NOT STAYING HERE ONE MORE MINUTE. I CAN NOT TAKE ANOTHER STEP. MY FEET ARE BLEEDING AND I AM ABOUT TO COLLAPSE. I AM GOING BACK TO THE ROOM!!!:"scared1: I would like to tell you that I looked on my dear friend with warmth and understanding. That I came to her rescue and gently put my arm around her and then supported her entire weight out of the park and all the way back to the hotel room where "Magic Beckdom" drew her a warm bath and then "Middle Mermaid" and "Tinker Jo" took turns alternately rubbing lotion on her poor cracked feet and making her cups of herbal tea. I would like to tell you that but I can't. Instead I felt my blood pressure explode through the top of my head and every muscle in my body began to vibrate. I looked her in the eyes and said, "THAT'S FINE...(Keep your cool.)...just take your room key and go." "I AM!! "Can you find your way out of the park?" "I'LL BE FINE!!!" At that she gathered up all her strength and off she went. I turned to the rest of the group and "Magic Beckdom's" face was blank, "Tinker Jo" looked like Bambi in the head lights, "Middle Mermaid" had a slight smirk on her face and "Clueless" was busy studying a nearby shrub. His indifference would soon change.:grouphug:

"Ok let's see what's next?", I asked the group. "Middle Mermaid" offered, "I could eat something." "So could I." said "Magic Beckdom" "Ok, then lets grab our EMH bands and find something to eat." Then with our magic wrist bands in place we grabbed burgers and chicken at a spot just as you head into CMM and then sat at an umbrella in the courtyard to eat. While we ate it started to rain! Just a little at first then harder and harder. It started to run down the sides of the umbrella and drip down "Middle Mermaids" back. Then it started to drip down my right arm. Next "Magic Beckdom" started to feel it on the back of her head. We all moved in closer under the umbrella and continued to eat. Then it started to rain even harder. Now "Tinker Jo's" feet were getting wet and "Drippy" was starting to get splattered from rain falling off the overhead tree. We moved in even closer. I started to feel a little guilty at this point. We had sent "Where's K?" off into the cold cruel world on her own, we would probably never see her again and now to top it off wherever she was she was also getting wet. I felt guilty but at this stage in the game there was nothing I could do, she was gone by now and any attempt to find her would be fruitless. I just kept thinking that I wish it had been any other park but here because AK is probably the most confusing layout of them all, especially after dark. The rain continued to increase and we decided that we really needed our ponchos now. As we all pulled them out and started to put them on "Happy" popped up, yes this was a meal that he actually ate and seemed to enjoy it! (Ironic, She leaves, he perks up.) "I don't have my poncho, my grandmother took it with her." This kid was forced to wear this plastic bag everytime he came within forty feet of any kind of water all week and now when for the first time he really needs it it's gone!! The next problem was that since this was an EMH night all of the stores and most of the rests were closed. There wasn't a poncho for sale anywhere. (It figures, usually as soon as it starts to cloud up in Miami Disney pulls out the ponchos, tonight we can't buy one for all the tea in China.) We decide that we have committed ourselves now so we will just brave it out, or rather "Drippy" will brave it out, I have my poncho.:rolleyes1 We headed over to catch FOTLK in CMM. This is "Magic Beckdom's" all time hands down favorite show and nothing was going to stop her from seeing it. When we got to the theater the show was due to start in about 25 mins so of course now in the rain we have to wait for an attraction again. All week we have pretty much walked on everything but this time we can't. While we are standing in line the heavens open and I begin to think we are going to have to round up the animals out on the safari and line them up two by two. We try to share our four ponchos with "Drippy" as best we can. Then this lovely lady in front of us offers to share her umbrella with "Drippy". We gratefully accept and he moves in under her. Turns out she is visiting WDW with her family from Japan and her husband and her sons have decided to go back to the room but she wanted to stay for a little bit, so she is flying solo. We strike up a conversation with her and explain EMH. She becomes very excited that she can stay an additional 3 hours tonight and we tell her where to get her wristband. I hope her family didn't panic too much when mom didn't show up at the hotel when they expected her. (Now we are beginning to corrupt people from around the world.:thumbsup2) Due to the fact that English is a second language to her and the rain is making all kinds of noise it is very hard to understand her at times and it is obvious that "Drippy" doesn't have a clue what his benefactress is trying to say. Eventually the push of the crowd behind us gets larger and "Drippy" and friend are moved slightly further in front of us so that we can no longer converse. It's fun to watch him nodding his head and smiling to everything she is saying while he tries to stay as close to her as possible so as to stay out of the deluge going on around them. I'm sure he learned what it means to be alone in a crowd that night.:thumbsup2 The interesting thing about this whole situation is that he is handling himself very appropriately. He is showing a maturity and a graciousness under pressure that we had not seen all week!:idea: When we enter the theater he is reunited with us and as he excuses himself he makes sure to thank his umbrella mate for her kindness. After the show, which he actually stayed awake for, he seems genuinely impressed and just keeps saying, "I wish Gram had stayed, she would have just loved that!" This change in character was almost enough to cause you to forgive the other difficulties all week, ALMOST. (I decided to just go with it and enjoy this personality while I could. Who knows it might not last or it could well be one of those personalities that causes neighbors to stare wild eyed into the news cameras and proclaim, "He just always seemed so quiet and mild mannered. I can't believe he just killed his entire family with a melon baller!":rolleyes1 )

Sorry folks, took longer than I had hoped today due to many interruptions. I will definately complete this installment tom.

Next installment: the obstinate 2 year old returns during our last day at MK, "Magic Beckdom" tries to thank the entire cast of WDW for working on Christmas, the new dwarf from last night disappears never to be seen again, "Tinker Jo" gets her wish to spend some family time on Christmas sort of, "Where's K?" visits a FIFTH new park (she can't remember doing anything in MK before.), "Middle Mermaid" meets fish girl and is slightly disapointed and I learn why fruit and Space Mountain don't mix.

LOL! I am not done reading yet, but:

The bird trainer chose her and told her to hold her dollar out at arms length. Well talk about a look of concentration. She had a puss on that looked like someone was holding a gun to her head. Both "Middle Mermaid" and "Tinker Jo" got a good laugh out of her "serious face". It was the same face she gets when she is driving at night or in bad weather. All of her energy goes right to her jaw and her left eye twitches just a little bit, the corners of her mouth turn slightly downward and the tendons in her neck tighten. It is also the same look she had each time she was in labor and had reached ten centimeters. This is deffinately a woman on a mission.

I can so relate to "Magic Beckdom". That would have been me. Wonderfully descriptive!!!!

Another great one! I am glad that you all stayed for EMH when Where's K wanted to leave. Good for you for sticking to what you wanted to do! :thumbsup2 And nice to see a sweet side of The Dwarves show up, even if it is fleeting!

Fruit and Space Mountain? Hmmmmmm...

Allyson

Seems to me that Where's K? may be a little too much for the Dwarves.
I bet he'd be a different kid entirely if he was on this vacation without her.:eek:
More, more, more pleasepopcorn::

And how exactly did you plan on getting some of those cats onto the boat...you know, like lions and tigers? What were you going to do, wave a steak at them and say "Here p*ssy, p*ssy?"

Sorry, but I couldn't resist, you had to know when you put in the Noah's Ark reference, somebody was going to rear his ugly, middle child head! LOL!

Until next time,
John

Good Morning everyone. Just a quick post today to finish up yesterdays installment.

A quick hello to Davidsmommy, MomofCKJ, DisneyNutMary and HesATramp. It is good to hear from all of you.

mindystar - Sorry I missed you yesterday. When I saved the post I saw that you had posted while I typed, So A great big Disney Board Hello to you.:thumbsup2

When last we met, our little group, minus "Where's K?" had just enjoyed TFotLK. When we left the theater the rain had completly stopped and "Happy" no longer needed to search for foreigners with umbrellas. After this we wandered over to the opposite side of the park to check out EE again. When we got there we discovered that since it was EMH there was NO line even here. We jumped in line and got on the ride within 3 mins. This was awesome at night. We could see the entire park lit up below us. Well most of us could, "Tinker Jo" was still fighting that fear reflex. When we came off EE we decided that since this was our last shot at AK this trip we would jump right back on. When we got to the line the guy who had just let us on not ten mins before now told us we couldn't get on because we had the wrong wrist bands!:scared1: "But you just let us on with these and these are the ones we got over by the train station back from RPW! It looked like we were about to be escorted from the park when he said he would let us on this time but we would need the correct wristbands to do it again. So we talked our way through that one but knew that we would have to find new bands if we were going to stay any longer. "Where can we go for the new wrist bands?" I asked. He replied, "This late the only place that is still giving them would be up by the main gate."!:confused3 We jumped on EE and "Tinker Jo" finally made it through the ride with her eyes open. I think she had nightmares for a week about that Yeti.:rotfl2: One interesting thing I noticed on our two night time rides. The shadow of the yeti you see on the wall wasn't there. We could still hear the roar but no shadow. I wondered if maybe they utilize sunlight somehow for this? When we got off EE we had to regroup. We asked another CM about our wrist band dilema and she said that we would nead to go to the front gate as well. When she saw our disappointment she suggested we turn the orange bands we had been given around to the back side as then they would appear white and that was the official color of the night. We did this but then we kept looking over our shoulders for the wrist band police to come swooping down on us. (I figured this was typical, I was again starting to break the law in preparation for might involvement with airport security in just two days. Something about the promise of having to walk through a metal detector does something to me I just start getting ruthless.:thumbsup2 ) We all walked with our illegal wrist bands back toward dinoland to see if maybe just maybe FN would be open. No such luck. When we entered Dinoland we spotted a wrist band site over by PW! We wouldn't have to go to the front gate after all! We all ran up and started to explain our dilema to the CM. They did get a little suspicious when they saw our mysteriousy blank white bands, we had forgotten to turn them back to the orange side before we started to talk to them. Now we really are going to be kicked out. We have committed Disney fraud by staying in AK after closing with the wrong bands!:eek: They agreed to give us the magic white bands only after I offered to give them the name and room # of the head of the famous Disney forgery ring!:thumbsup2 With our new bracelettes in place we jumped on PW, also better at night. We also did this one two times. By the time we were done with scrambling our insides we decided to head for the hotel. (Glad we exposed ourselves to potential expultion for that!) It being Christmas Eve we wanted to get back to the room earlier so we could open gifts. We had decided that this would be a better time than Christmas morning since we wanted to get to the MK as early as possible. On our way to the gate we saw Lilo and Stitch greeting in their red and green outfits so "Tinker Jo" stopped and got their autographs and the pics. Right up, almost at the gate, we came across Mickey and Minnie in their ski outfits and "Magic Beckdom", "Tinker Jo" and "Happy" waited to get their pic as "Middle Mermaid" and I found a spot to sit. There was no line to speak of at the bus stop when we got there so we made it back to the hotel pretty quickly. As we climbed off of the bus I was really concerned that we would get to the room and "Where's K?" would be MIA. When I swiped the card and opened the door I found we had been blessed with a Christmas miracle. "Where's K?" was curled up on the couch in her jammies talking on "Magic Beckdom's" cell phone. (Ok it wasn't exactly a cheap miracle.) She had gotten back to the room with no problems. (Why is it she can manuver herself across property, in the dark, at park closing time but she can't seem to find her way back from the ladies room?) We all took turns jumping in for quick hot showers and "Magic Beckdom" put the water on for some tea or hot chocolate then we all met back in the main room to open gifts. I will say we managed to do OK for ourselves in this respect. I kept wondering how we were going to get all this stuff home on the plane. Most of it was brought with us but there was also quite a bit that was bought here. We took turns opening things and "Happy" just kept saying over and over, "This is sooo much fun!" (Made us wonder what Christmas is usually like for him.) Everyone got new fleece jammies, "Where's K?" went right in and changed into hers, and new scarves. There was homemade candy from "Happy", lots of Disney themed items, hand made tree ornaments from "Middle Mermaid" with each persons favorite character inside a kind of shadow box design and "Tinker Jo" had made personalized memory books with the same characters for all. Last we opened our stockings, these were hung on the coat rack they have in the room when we came in, "Santa Mickey" had done this that morning when he had to go back to the room to "grab some more film":santa: We all really did have a good night. All the frustrations and stress of the last week was forgotten and we just enjoyed the company and the moment.:grouphug: :grouphug:

AFTER ALL TOM. IS ANOTHER DAY. WE CAN CREATE A WHOLE NEW BUNCH OF EACH THEN!;)

Next installment: CHRISTMAS DAY!!:santa: :cloud9: :rolleyes1

Harry, I am so glad that you were able to have a nice Christmas Eve. I hope Christmas Day went just as well! The four of you are saints for dealing with K and the "many" Dwarves all week! (I would insert a smilie with a halo here if there was one!!1)

I Just finished catching up with the story so far. I think you all deserve some kind of medels for the trip. Maybe a night in the castle on your next trip !!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter