"The 12 days of Disney Christmas" or "With 6 you get towel oragami!" New 2/9 pic

Ah more laughs! I feel for middle mermaid's feet, so glad I bought some Teva's last vaca--feet never blistered or really even hurt, but been there done that :( I'd like to go back to PT50's, the time we went I wasn't feeling well--too much sun ?--and we had "mom" so she was very nice to us since I wasn't feeling too awesome. It'd be fun to get a cousin though--and sounds like you had an awesome time with Nicole! Can't wait for more!! And thanks for the faces to put to the names, and in "the dwarfs" case--many names :) Have a safe trip taking middle mermaid back to her dorm grotto!

Becky, or ummm, Mr Becky's DH:confused3
Great trip report, I have been following along at work, but I cannot post from there.
You have me in stitches, I think my coworkers think I am nuts laughing out loud :laughing:
I started out hoping that Where's K? and The Dwarves would find the magic, but now I am thinking I prefer to have them as comic fodder for your TR.
You are gifted dude, keep writing, I can't wait to read more.popcorn::

Good morning everyone. Thought I'd just jump on here quick before I left. Thanks for following along.

Welcome back to disneyloveNY and mindystar.

Disney owl sorry I "snubbed" you yesterday. Same thing happened with you as with Ron from Michigan. You posted while I was typing and I missed you. Guess that captains table is going to be crowded.

To DisneyNutMary. Welcome to you, glad they finally let you out of that cubicle.

Nothing new today.:sad1: I have to leave for Rochester and it's a three hour drive.

Hope you all have a great weekend and I'd like to send :grouphug: to you all.

Hey!

Just me here! How much fun would it be to take "the World" on together (minus a certain table mate....great person, but I'd prolly end the trip with more bruises than I'd care to count! LOL!)! LOL! I have to say, though, if someone tried to make me eat "greens," I'd prolly be like "Picky" myslef! LOL! Or even more accurate...."Pukey!" LOL! I'm a Yankee...we don't eat greens! LOL! But anywho... I've been following along faithfully, and I have to say, I give you guys all the credit in the world for putting up with your two "family extensions!" If it were me, I would have found The Queen of Hearts but fast and given her two more opponents for a game of croquet (and done everything in my power to make them lose!)! I also feel for poor "MM" on your (first) MGM day, I had something similar happen to me when we visited MGM (I'm sure THAT'S just coincidence), me right knee decided it did not need to bend! It does that ocassionaly, just decides that bending isn't in its job description! So I spend the entire day hobbling around, and OMG, don't try to sit down. I had people looking at me like I was purposely trying to trip them while I was in the seated position, and I was like "sorry people, knee no bendy (quoting a Kuzcoism!)" Alright, enough of me yakking....back to our regularly scheduled TR!

Until next time,
John

How funny! :rotfl2: This TR just keeps getting better! You are a saint to have put up with Cruella and the Dwarves all week! Can' t wait for the next installment!

Hello again to all. Sorry for the delay. Got "Middle Mermaid" back to school ok. Today however we are finally having winter weather and lost power all morning, so I wasn't able to get on line earlier. But now I'm back.:thumbsup2
Hope to at least finish our MGM day on this installment.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Hello to HesATramp and tink's girls good to hear from both of you.

Let's see last time we had just finished our meal at PT50's and "Cousin Nicole" had been fantastic. By the time we left everyone was in good moods. This was starting to be a trend. We would have very LONG days but everything would calm down by evening. I think this was either due to "Where's K?" and "The Dwarves" forgetting about the magic during the night and they required a huge dose during the day to fill the tanks or more likely she knew she was almost done with the day and he knew he was that much closer to getting back to the room to see what the mousekeeper had done.

After PT50's we ran over to SDwDC and grabbed our EMH wrist bands and then headed over to Fantasmic. When we got there they were still going in but the seats were full. We would have to have stood in the rear overflow area and I knew that wasn't going to fly. We had been looking forward to this and I didn't want glares from "Where's K?" and whining from "Antsy" to ruin the show. Therefore we left the theater and walked over to TOT. We were in luck, there was no line. Everyone had either left at the regular closing time or were in Fant. "Where's K?" was not going to do this ride but she did want to see the interior theming so she went through the line with us. When we got to the elevator we proceeded in and "Where's K?" went off to find the "chicken exit". I figured we would never see her again. I did catch a glimps of her wandering back and forth in the "boiler room" as the doors closed. When we finished the ride we passed through the gift shop and headed out side to see if she did get out or if she too had disappeared for ever to The Twilight Zone. (She would make a great addition to the little ghost tableau as you ascend the elevator shaft. She'd be the one on the end wearing the Minnie Santa hat and smoking.)

We checked the smoking area just outside the RRCWA and no "Where's K?". About 5 mins later we found her sitting over by the restrooms in front of TOT.

Reunited, our little group decided to walk over to see the Osbourne lights. We had seen them two years ago but had seen that they had added dimmers so now the lights "dance" every 15 mins or so. "Happy" was excited as I told him this was something he could take pics of. "Where's K?" was excited because this was going to be "a Christmasy thing". She was beginning to give out the message that the temp and lack of snow might be a problem for her at Christmas. (Has the woman never heard of Florida? Did she not realize that there would be no snow when she agreed to come. I figured there was nothing I could do about that one so I just ignored it, again. This was becoming a very effective stragety for me.) We stayed at the Osboourne Lights long enough to watch two performances of the lights. I bought some Roasted nut, Cashews, "Middle Mermaid" HATES cashews, she didn't when she lived at home. "Happy" was briefly replaced by "Picky" and he hates all nuts. I considered making him sing a verse of "I'm a Little Tea Pot" but then figured this way there would be more for me so I let it go. Only "Tinker Jo" and "Magic Beckdom" tried the nuts.

About this time we decided we had had enough for the day and we would head back to the hotel. On the way we did do a little shopping mostly window but we did add a new chapter to "Christmas Decorations, an Epic Adventure". Like I said earlier "Where's K?" had decided that she wanted to buy personalized tree decorations for some of her family back home but thought they were too expensive. Since this discussion "Middle Mermaid" had mentioned that she was thinking about doing the same for some friends. While shopping I found that the Christmas shop in MGM had the decorations and could have them done before we left so I pointed them out to "Where's K?" and suggested that she split a box with "Middle Mermaid". She thought this would work so I had her stay in the store, I figured she couldn't get lost that way, and went off to find "Middle Mermaid". I found her sitting up by the hat and sent her back to meet up with "Where's K?". This went smoothly, "Where's K?" stayed put and chatted up the CM in the store and "Middle Mermaid" found her with no trouble. They ordered the decorations and all was good, for now. With this little adventure over we headed out to the bus stop to go back to our little home away from home.

As I walked along to the bus, my Santa Mickey hat twinkling brightly, I was happy. The day had it's moments but once again we were ending on an up note. "Happy" got one last picture of the large Christmas Tree at the entrance and didn't try to strip it of it's branches. "Where's K?" had her decorations at a good cost thanks to my idea. "Middle Mermaid" had made it through the day and was not walking on just bloody stumps, and "Magic Beckdom" was already discussing tom's schedule with "Tinker Jo". We had made it through our second day and no one had broken any bones or caused an international incident.

When we got back to our room mouse keeping had gone wild. "Tinker Jo's" Pooh was now riding a swing made from the sheer curtains in our room. Our Christmas lights had been turned on and the table with our Christmas tree had been pulled over into the window. It all looked so festive.

121460007_7.jpg

Our window after the visit from Santa Mousekeeper.

Once we were all in I spent a little time wrapping more gifts for under the tree, called the irrate Brazillian tourist for a wake up call in the morning and crawled into bed. "Did you have a good day?" I asked "Magic Beckdom". She mumbles something as she falls off to sleep. The out come of the last few hours has caused me to suffer a type of short term memory lose. I am now sure that tom will be the best day yet. It has to be. Tom we have ADR's for the CP so we will be in Epcot and this is my favorite place in the World. Nothing can spoil that!!:rolleyes1

Next Installment: We celebrate "The Dwarves" birthday, I have a little melt down at CP and "Where's K?" makes a scene at TCR over a shrimp cocktail.

Ah the irate Brazillian :) I love what the mousekeeper did for your window--how fun! Too bad you had to miss out on Fantamic!, but glad you got to enjoy the Osbourne Lights. I'm looking forward to that next year. Thanks for another installment! Waiting for more!

disneyloveNY and mindystar thanks for keeping up with me. Knowing you guys are reading helps keep me motivated to continue. I can't believe this installment is only going to cover the third full day in the World.:rolleyes: Now first things first.

Installment disclaimer: The views related by "Where's K?" in this installment do not reflect those of the trip report writer or his family.:rolleyes1 :confused3

Tuesday, Dec 19th Epcot

This is the perfect time to introduce a new yet minor character to this report.

Maryanne- (pronounced Mari-Inn) this is our mousekeeper. She is a truely lovely person who took care of us through the entire trip. On Tuesday we were a little later leaving the room and I met her on the balcony. I thanked her for all the cute things she had been doing so far. I noticed she wasn't wearing a name tag and asked her what her name was. She gave me a little smile and apologized that she had forgotten her name tag that day and then reached into her pocket and produced one that said "Laura". This resulted in a little confusion through out the week as to what her name really was. We kept leaving her notes hoping she would sign a reply so we could get the proper spelling. This took until Thursday untill she finally did. Maryanne was a big part of our week. Leaving little notes back and forth and then "The Dwarves" wanting to run back to the hotel constantly to see what our "Domestic Artist" had done each day. Hense the reference to "towel oragami" in the title. Note to others: We did find that Maryanne seemed to leave us a little "gift" each day and I think this was because we had started a little correspondence with her each day.

"Magic Beckdom's" new thing for the day list was pretty long today. We would see the new FN ride and TTWC over at The Seas in EPCOT, and we had ADR's with a CP package.

Now onward. As I said we started aff a little later today because our breakfast ADR's were not until 9am at CM at the CR. "Sleepy" answered the call from Stitch, actually he just picked up the phone and then slammed it down. So much for last night's magic. We were all ready and to the bus stop by 8am. As we approached the stop a bus was waiting so we all began to run, just as we reached the roped area the bus took off. This would start off the day a little on the down side. While we waited for the next bus "Where's K?" lamented at length about how rude the driver was for not waiting, "I know he saw us.", "Antsy" made his first appearance of the day and alternated between swinging the rope into the people next to us in line and wandering over to sit on the big "R" in the All-Star Music sign. Finally the bus came and we headed over to MK. We had figured we could ride there and then walk over to the CR. Because the first bus didn't wait we were a little late getting to the MK so we had to really hustle (read: run like the Devil was after us) over to the CR to make our ADR's. We got there with just a few mins to spare and everything was going well. We almost lost "Where's K?" in the lobby when she tried to get on the wrong elevator but we were able to catch her in time. I did notice that today we had a straggler but it wasn't who you would expect. On the way over to the CR "Tinker Jo" kept lagging behind. Turns out today her feet were going to be the problem. I had had a long "discussion" (read: conjoled and threatened) "Middle Mermaid" this morning about wearing mole's skin and when she finally gave in I thought this complaint would not plague us today. Now the other one is starting and she will not suffer in silence like her sister did.

Anyway we made our ADR's and were shown to a nice corner table. We missed the directions about going for a family pic before we were seated so we didn't get that done. (Who needs another pic of "Where's K?" looking off in the wrong direction and "Sleepy" looking half dead on his feet anyway.)
We all ran up to the buffet line to get our food and get back before the characters started to come around. Almost all of us. I did see "Where's K?" and "Picky" at the buffet line contemplating the virtues of Mickey waffles but I just moved on. When I got back to the table and started to eat I realized that niether of them had returned for some time. This was good at first because it gave me time to tell the Waitress that it was "Picky's" birthday. I had heard that CM does a big deal for birthdays so that is really why we picked this one for today. Back at home we thought it would be great and "The Dwarves" would think it was fun. By now I knew he would enjoy it about as much as double root canal without novacain. Remembering the first wake up call that old sound track of demonic laughter was back. "Magic Beckdom" asked why I was smilling and I mumbled something about enjoying my sticky bun.:rolleyes1 I was just about to send out a posse when our MIA's finally returned to the table. "Where's K?" seemed to have found quite a bit to eat, no "I'm starving. That pastry was so long ago." today. "Picky" was a different matter all together. With this huge buffet, filled with anything you could possibly want, he managed to find a microscopic serving of scrambled eggs and fruit, lots of fruit. He had melon in several colors, some peaches, a few slices off apple and some strawberries. This in itself is not really a problem, but the fact that the eggs got cold having never been touched and most of the fruit became art supplies for an edible Picasso I'm sure the kitchen staff had framed was a little frustrating. Then "Picky" went back to the line and returned with a sticky bun that he took a few bites out of and then dropped the rest in his juice glass with juice still in it. "Where's K?" tried to explain that he really doesn't try a lot of new things. At home he usually just eats boxed mac and cheese and instant potatoes. "He's a little finicky." (No kidding? I wish you had told me that before we paid for a meal plan. We could have just stolen some peanuts from the plane. I'm sure they would only have given me an extra year or two tacked on to the explosives charge and with good behavior...) If you have ever eaten at CM you know that during meals they periodically "Celebrate" special occassions with the whole rest getting involved. Every so often they play a certain song and everyone swings their napkin over their head and cheers, These special occassions include birthdays.:thumbsup2 All is good.:rotfl2: The first time the song played "Picky" was mildly amused. He did smile and even raised his napkin but did not swing it. This is because he didn't realize that this was all partly in honor of his big day. It wasn't until our waitress gave the two little boys next to us their special placemats and birthday cupcakes and then came up to him that he caught on. Immediately "Picky" made for a quick retreat and "Bashful" made his world premier. He began to stammer and his ears became very red and I think he was contemplating committing hari kari with his butter knife. Now I have to tell you that I have spent a lot of time around young people. I have taught Sunday School, volunteered for Junior Achievment, directed numerous youth theater productions, was even Cub Master for five years and I do not enjoy nor condone humiliating young people, but I'm loving this!!::banana: After the initial shock wore off "Picky" returned and took a bite out of the bottom of the cupcake then stuck the rest, with the frosting into the juice glass!?:eek: (What self-respecting kid doesn't at least eat the frosting?)

As we leave CM "Where's K?" says that she has been thinking and has now decided that she wants to get another autograph book for her younger grand daughter Lexi. (Great now we will have two books that we have to fill with nothing but princesses and one is already going to be missing the few we have already seen.) We run into the gift shop at the CR and find the new book. "Magic Beckdom" buys a souvineer for a friend at work and asks to have it sent back to our room and the CM cops a real attitude with her. "We don't do that here at the CR." she says as she looks down her nose. I take a little offense with the attitude not the message and ask for the manager. (Could all this stress be getting to me?) When the manager comes out she already knows who I am talking about before I even mention the CM's name. (Another ex-Disney CM/future Wal-Mart greeter in the making!) We are next planning on hopping the monorail over to the GF to check out the gingerbread house so we ride the elevator up to the monorail stop and get in line. There is noone else there so I decide to try and make a little magic to get rid of the Negative vibes left from our run in with the gift shop nazi. I pull the CM working the monrail stop aside and arrange it. When the next train came in "Middle Mermaid", "Tinker Jo", "where's K?" and "Antsy" are ushered to the front of the train. "Magic Beckdom" and I get on the second car. This is another little trick I learned here on the Dis Boards. They get to ride up front with the driver and then as they exit they each get a monorail driving license! "Tinker Jo" and "Middle Mermaid" are both excited, niether "Where's K?" nor "Antsy" seemed that impressed. Guess since they got to do it on their first ride on the monorail they thought it was an initiation ride that everyone gets to do. We exit at the GF and go in to see all the decorations. This is a hit with everyone. "Flashy" gets to take all the pics he wants and "Where's K?" is excited because this is the same one she saw "on that show with Samantha Brown on the travel channel". Next we jump back on the monorail and ride over to the PR to see their decorations. this time "Where's K?" and "Antsy" have to schlep in the rear with the rest of the riff raff. There is no gingerbread great hall this year so "Where's K?" begins to lose trust with Samantha Brown and Raven because they both said there would be one. This resort is beautiful but the decorations this year are really not that impressive. "Middle Mermaid" has an amusing little exchange with "Where's K?" here. All week so far "Where's K?" has been trying to find hidden Mickey's and has not found one. "Middle Mermaid" points out the huge hidden Mickey on the lobby floor as you enter the main entrance. "Where's K?" informs her that that is NOT a hidden Mickey as it is just the outline and he has no facial features!? (no wonder she hasn't found any yet!) After the PR we again take the monorail, this time over to the TTC. We are now headed for EPCOT. We have 3:45 ADR's at the CR with a CP package. Since we have arrived later and the park is pretty full already we decide to take it easy and try to find some attractions that maybe aren't as crowded. I remember reading on the Boards that WoL is scheduled to be open so we head there first. We always enjoyed this pavillion and were excited that it was going to be open. There is NOONE there! You could have shot off a shotgun in the place and not hit anyone. I suggest we try BW first. "Magic Beckdom" didn't like this when we were here for our honeymoon in the eighties so she decides to sit this one out. "Where's K?" says she will wait with her, I'll pay for this later. "Middle Mermaid" and "Tinker Jo" don't really remember this since it has been shut down for so long so they both agree to go. "Antsy" isn't totally sold until I tell him it is a motion simulator. "Can I take pictures?" I grit my teeth and say "Not on this one." In hind sight this was probably not the best pavillion to do first with "Where's K?". Since it has been shut down for sooo long it does look really rough around the edges. This is her first impression of Epcot and it isn't a good one. Jules the cruise director is going to have his work cut out for him today. While I am on the ride with the kids "Where's K?" is busy making her judgements on Epcot. She tells "Magic Beckdom" that she can see why Epcot isn't real crowded, "Who want's to be lectured to on vacation." (Welcome to Epcot Center cir. 1986.):sad2: When we find "Where's K?" and "Magic Beckdom" after the ride "Magic Beckdom" has a look on her face that reminds me of steerage passenger on the Titanic who just a seat on the life boat. :sail: Next we all do CC and then spend some time with the different things in the court yard there. I watch "Where's K?" very closely, remembering the episode with Cruella over at TMoDA yesterday. Nothing here insults her and she is doing OK. "Antsy" on the other hand spends some time inspecting a small frayed area in the carpet and dicovering which of the stations are no longer working.

After WoL we take a walk over to Energy. We are in luck the tip board said that this was temp down but it is now working. We enter in the middle of the pre show and don't have to wait long. "No they don't allow pictures in here either." We have also always liked this attraction, both the old and the new. "Magic Beckdom", "Middle Mermaid", "Tinker Jo" and I all enjoy the humor of the show and the sights of the ride portion. "Where's K?" is hard to read. I think she is turned off by the "lecturing". "The Dwarves" flip flop here, "Antsy" attends the Jeopardy section in the beginning, he is momentarily replaced by "Happy" during the ride section but then he returns for the finale.

By this time it is mid afternoon and we have to start thinking about our ADR's so we decide to wander over to that side of the park. "Antsy" is at an all time high because we are so close to MS and TT he can smell the exhaust. I do have a plan here, I realized that if he does all the "thrill" rides in the beginning we are going to all be miserable for the rest of the day so I am trying to pace ourselves and space these big pay offs out. On our way into the hub we run across the Jamitors performing. We stop to see the show and most of us enjoy it. "Antsy" teams up with "Lazy" and they find a nice comfortable section of curb to share. After the show we stop off at CS to try some soda. We can't wait to see the faces on "Where's K?" and especially "Picky" here. "Where's K?" prefers the one that tastes like watermelon, "Picky" likes the sample from ITALY! This is the one that noone ever likes unless they grew up in the shadow of the leaning tower! I now decide that the reason he is so "finicky" is because he was born with no taste buds and all food tastes like kibble to him.

We arrive on the other side of the park a few mins early so we take a few mins to watch the seagulls. "Tinker Jo" discovers a new talent here. Seems she is the Rich Little of sea fowl. Her impression is dead on. "Where's K?" and I grab a quick cigarette in the smoking area outside CR and we go into dinner. We only have to wait a few mins, which is good because "Antsy" is being really antsy. (Guess he can't wait to play with all that food.) We are shown to a table all the way to the left of the rest in the front row. Great view of the tank. Here we got a huge surprise. "Picky" actually ordered a prime rib and ate it!! However our regularly scheduled program of "Culinary Mine Field" was switched to another channel. This time it was starring "Where's K?". When the waiter gave us our menus she started to coment on just about all the choices. She couldn't eat this one because... , She couldn't eat that one because... . Finally she settled on a shrimp dish. When the waiter came back to take our order he mentioned the shrimp was cooked with Teriyaki sauce and she had a small melt down. "I can't eat THAT! Just bring me a shrimp cocktail." He ventured with, "That is prepared with teriyaki also.". At this point "Where's K?" went postal. She threw the menu across the table and announced, "There is nothing here I can eat!" The rest of us, even "The Dwarves" just stared at our menus. The waiter then offered that maybe he could bring her a shrimp cocktail with plain shrimp. I jumped in at this point and asked if he could maybe bring her two cocktails with plain shrimp. I figured if we were already going to throw the kitchen into an uproar we could at least try and get our moneys worth. I Usually don't worry about the price I'm paying for a meal, especialy with the dining plan, But I had paid $45 a pop for this meal to get the CP package and that seemed really expensive for four shrimp. Besides I had seen what happens to "Where's K?" an hour after she has a meal that doesn't fill her up. Remember those bakery breakfasts? The waiter agrees that he should be able to do this and everything is settled. "Happy" makes his first appearance at a meal and he enjoys his prime rib. "Where's K?" eats her $5.60 each shrimp and then fills up on rolls. Because it was "The Dwarves" birthday I had called ahead before we left home and ordered a cake from the CR to celebrate. After we finished our meals the cake appeared on cue. "Happy" did well this time, guess he was on a prime rib after glow. No appearance from "Bashful" this time. However as soon as the cake was served "Picky" returned and he just played with it until it looked like something Pumba had rutted through. At this point "Where's K?" disappeared from the table. I figured she was visiting the rest room but she was gone for almost 20 mins. Just as we were about to send "Tinker Jo" to look for her, hey people there was cake in front of us, she strolled back in. She had gone out to have a cigarette! Again I smoke but I would never leave a rest to smoke while people were still eating. We all enjoyed the cake, "Where's K?" had two pieces.

With dinner over we walked over to the next pavillion and rode JITI. I have to say This is OK but we did like the original version better. "Antsy" returned when he discovered the no pics rule. "Where's K?" thought it was cute. It was about this time that I started to get a little miffed. Like I said in the introduction of the trip report, Because of the previous trips with extended family, I tend to always be a few paces ahead of the group in any of the parks. This time, every time I turned around sensing someone at my elbow, it was "The Dwarves". That in of itself is not a problem but I was beginning to feal like I was on a completely different trip from my own family. "Magic Beckdom", "Middle Mermaid" and "Tinker Jo" always seemed to be at the rear without me!

After coming out of JITI we spent a few mins watching the jumping fountains and "Happy" enjoyed trying to get wet without his poncho on. Then we decided to start back to WS for the CP. We figured we could take our time and not have to hurry. All the way over there I kept trying to walk with "Magic Beckdom" and the girls but "Happy" kept getting in the way. As we passed people listening to Off Kilter he was there, as we strolled by the Eiffel Tower he was pasted to my elbow, as the smell of German pretzels wafted around us he was walking on my heels. By the time we found the end of the line just outside the American pavillion, It was the "end of the line". It was at that point that "Tinker Jo" decided she had to find the little pixie room again, I swear that girl has a pixie sized bladder. "Magic Beckdom" went off with her to find the facilities, "Middle Mermaid" wandered over and sat on a bench looking out over the lagoon and there I stood in line with "Where's K?" and "Antsy", steam starting to come out of my ears and my Santa Mickey hat twinkling gayly in the approaching dusk. I was at an all time low. I swear if that mouse had come skipping along right now I would have tripped him and looked the other way. Then the line started to move into the theater and "Magic Beckdom" and "Tinker Jo" weren't back yet. I had visions of sitting there between "Where's K?" and "Antsy" during this show that we had all been looking forward to and I started to hyperventilate. For one brief moment a thought crossed my mind. "Not only have we not converted them into Disney people but even worse they have converted me into not being one." (This as I'm sure you all understand caused my head to start spinning and my eyes glassed over.) What was I going to do? Then just as we were about to enter the theater "Magic Beckdom" and "Tinker Jo" materialized out of nowhere. They had seen that hat of mine twinkling and followed it right to me. I was now feeling a little calmer. We all went into the theater to find our seats and IT happened. When I moved into a row to sit I turned to see "Where's K?" and "Magic Beckdom" doing the old "You first, no you first" routine at the end of the row. Before I could say anything "Magic Beckdom" won and "Where's K?" headed for the seat next to me. I tried to get "Magic Beckdom" to move down next to me but I was being totally ineffective. I'm not sure why. It was either "Magic Beckdom's" good upbringing, she knows you should always cater to a guest even over your own needs, or I was so far gone I was speaking in tongues. Anyway, I had what I would classify as a "Magic Meltdown Moment". I stood up and marched to the far end of our little row of happy vacationers told "Tinker Jo" to slide over and plopped myself down next to "Magic Beckdom". Her look to me was not, I must say, very magical. I'm sure the look on my face, being haloed by the twinkling Santa Mickey hat, was not much better. I then proceeded to argue with "Magic Beckdom" over the fact that I was tired of her refusing to stay near me and forcing me to spend all my time with "THEM". Now, I can see the error of my ways. Then, not so much. I know I was being totally unreasonable, maybe it was radiation from those lights on my head, I was just tired of feeling like it was my responsibility to make sure every one was having a good time.:crazy2: "Magic Beckdom" made a few attempts to calm me down but then I think she saw it was useless and she just ignored me and let me mumble occasionaly under my breath. In my defense, I really don't think anyone but perhaps the couple directly behind me knew I was upset. In fact I'm not even sure if "Clueless" knew. Anyway, I did it, I'm not proud of it, but I did it. I did realize that I was about to ruin the whole show if I didn't stop so I made a real effort to let it go. I hope I didn't ruin it for "anyone" :rolleyes: and if that "anyone" is reading this, because she reads it every other day, I'm sorry.:guilty:

"Magic Beckdom", "Middle Mermaid" and I all enjoyed the CP. Neil Patrick Harris was the speaker that night. (remember the disclaimer at the front of this installment here) "Where's K?" was glad Disney had decided not to cancel him when he came out several weeks before our trip.:eek: :confused3 "Tinker Jo" really enjoyed the the horns since she plays the trumpet in school. "Sleepy" took another nap.

After the CP we really had no plans so we decided to walk out toward the front of WS and find a good seat for Illuminations. We made our way to the area between Canada and the bridge to FW across from the restrooms. (that way "Tinker Jo" wouldn't have to travel too far, and there was a designated smoking area right there also. Everyone's vices would be seen too.) We sat there on the ground for about an hour, longer than we normally would have waited but it had been a long day and we were contented to just sit. "Magic Beckdom" played several rounds of "Disney Alphabet Game" with "Tinker Jo" and "Antsy" each trying to come up with a Disney character for the next letter. "Middle Mermaid" went off to do a little shopping and then joined in when she returned. I sat mentally wrestling with the lady next to me over the 6 inches of curb we were both trying to lay claim to, Sorry not my fault you had to take your little princess to the restroom.:rolleyes1 "Where's K?" sat at the other end ignoring all of us. I think the shrimp cocktail episode and then my moving down at CP had her in a bad mood. She said it was because the CP had really gotten to her. I decided to go with that. When Illuminations started we all really had a good time. "Happy" watched the whole thing through his viewfinder so he saw the whole thing in black and white but besides that all was going well. Tonight didn't have the same magic of the last two nights but looking back now it wasn't a bad night, there would be others that wouldn't measure up to even this level of serenity.

After Illuminations we tried to manuver our way to the front gate with the thousands of other tired guests. We waited at the bus stop for about 40 mins. (Did you ever notice that every bus stop seems to get buses in more frequently than the one you are waiting at.):hourglass

As we approached the hotel "Tinker Jo" asked if we could go in the pool since it was still kind of early. I told her sure I'd go in with her. "Where's K?" then proclaimed it too cold to swim tonight. Back at the room "Tinker Jo" and I changed for the pool while "Magic Beckdom" got some laundry together. It wasn't until the three of us all headed out together that "Middle Mermaid" realized she was being left in the room alone with "Where's K?" and "Sleepy". Funny how a person can suddenly get a hankerin' for doing some laundry. At the pool we found out that "Where's K?" was probably right tonight. The air was quite cool and the heater in the pool didn't seem to be working. "Tinker Jo" and I spent quite awhile trying to get up the courage to go in further than out waists. Finally we both took a quick plunge to get our hair wet and then, wrapped in our towels we beelined it back to the room. "How was the pool?" "Where's K?" asked. "Oh, it was really nice." I responded as I grabbed my fleece lounge pants and beat "Tinker Jo" into the bathroom to take a hot shower.

Next Installment: I become a knight on WS and "Magic Beckdom" slaps the c&*p out of "Antsy":rolleyes1

Ugh, what a day--I'm guessing this will be the last trip that you take with the dwarfs and Cruella :) I would have been sooo appreciative of the special birthday efforts you went to!
I too am the oldest daughter--I'd be the one silently suffering with my feet blister, and I would be that one who would notice she's going to be left alone with others and then want nothing more than to do laundry with mom :)
I hope that you have some more magical moments on this trip!

WoW! You guys are nuts! And I mean that in a very loving way! :goodvibes You're definitely a family we can relate to! LOL! I'm exhausted just catching up with the last few installments! I think you need to take Magic Beckdom on a little get-away to recover from your vacation!

-Michelle

I can't wait to read the next installment! LOL! Becky is usually such a calm, unassuming person (at least whenever I've seen her), I can't wait to see what pushed her over the edge! I do hope you were serious when you said that she roughs him up, I've been waiting for that for a LOOONNNNGGGG time! Personally, I would have slapped him into next year after the first "food art" session (or kept a tab....you know me.....LOL!) Here's to anxiously waiting for the next installment!

Until next time,
John

Good morning to all.

mindystar- Would you believe that "Where's K?" actually called me up the other day and mentioned the new Disney commercial for a week for $1600!!:eek: (Can you say "Have a good time.".)

mlill- Hang in there that time alone did happen on this trip, and I think "Magic Beckdom" would agree that it helped.

HesATramp- She did get her point across, no bruises, she knows how and where to hit so it doesn't leave a mark>;)

Wednesday, Dec. 20th

Today's agenda includes ADR's at the GG so we plan on spending the entire day at Epcot. "Magic Beckdom" has planned being at the park for opening as today's "first".

We got up today with the wake up call, or rather the ringing of the phone. It rings quite a few times and "Sleepy" doesn't even stir. "Where's K?" answers it this time. Most of us drag ourselves out of bed and start getting ready for the day. Numerous calls to "Sleepy" from "Where'sK?" are non-productive so finally "Magic Beckdom" steps in. In her best mom voice she informs him that he is going to make us late for the opening and if he doesn't get up now she is going to leave him alone in the room. (Don't mess with a woman with a plan. Are you all seeing that the thin vail of "We're all happy vacationers" is beginning to disolve?) "Sleepy" does fly out of bed on this. I think that even though he is excited to see what mousekeeping has done every day he is just a little afraid of being in the room when Maryanne arrives. He's affraid he will be forced to sit in a terrycloth diaper in the window holding a sign that says "Lazy Guests Beware!"

We make the bus with no time to spare and head out for the day. When we arrive at Epcot I notice that "Tinker Jo" is again lagging behind and she is now walking a little funny. I give up trying to convince either of them that the mole skin really works. We get to enter the park before the opening time and join the other guests waiting just pass SE. When the rope is dropped we RUN with everyone else through the opening to the left and head for MS and TT. Now on the way "Middle Mermaid" and I are trying to set an on the go game plan. Since she doesn't want to do MS, she hated it 2 years ago. She will take our tickets and get FP for TT. "The Dwarves", "Magic Beckdom" and I will head over and get in standby for MS. "Tinker Jo" also wants no part of MS so she will be in charge of the "Where's K?" round up. That's what she gets for being the youngest. As we approach the spot where everyone must decide if it is going to be MS or TT most of the crowd turn right and head for TT. This leaves "Magic Beckdom", Myself and "Happy" in the very front of the crowd headed for MS. I give one last yell of encouragement to "Middle Mermaid" as she is swallowed up by the TT crowd. I do one last turn behind to see if I can find "Tinker Jo" and "Where's K?" and I think I spot "Tinker Jo's" Santa Minnie hat in the crowd but I can't be sure. I have a fleeting thought that she might get lost but then smile to myself, "Don't worry she is with a responsible person, she won't get lost. "Tinker Jo" will get her to the designated meeting place." We arrive at the entrance to MS and we are the first ones there! "Orange or Green?" we are asked by the CM. "Which is which?" I ask. "The orange spins.". I look to "Magic Beckdom" and "Happy" for some input. "Happy" is in his own little form of nirvana, he is doing a "Thrill" ride first thing. No help from him. "Magic Beckdom" has a kind of nervous look on her face but says, "Whatever". I open my mouth to say green, I wasn't too sure about this last time either and am really only doing it for "Happy". "ORANGE!" Am I crazy?! Two years ago I was light headed for an hour after this ride and my ears felt like they were on fire! The CM hands us the orange boarding tickets and we are off. We get to the boarding area before the am system checks are done. "Do you think you might want to check them just one more time? Do all the seats have their little white "pastry bags" in place? I might need one of those." Standing in the inner room where they explain what it is you are about to subject your body to I keep fighting the urge to chicken out. "Magic Beckdom" has become very quiet. Probably wondering if "Middle Mermaid" knows where the strong box with the life insurance policies is back home. "Happy" is talking non-stop, not really saying anything just babbling. We get ushered into the centrifuge area and stand on our little triangles. I do like the way they spot each rider seperately. Reminds me of scene from CSI where the police are trying to crack the suspects story. "Are you sure you are telling the truth about last tuesday? If not we have our ways of making you talk. We have this little trip to Mars thing that gets the truth everytime." When we enter ouor capsule there is a guy sitting next to "Magic Beckdom" who is ON HIS PHONE, he is telling someone on the other end that he is just getting ready to ride SPACESHIP EARTH!! If they come to the exit he will meet them there when he is done. Now the fact that he was on his phone until well after the ride had started and talked until he was unable to properly pronounce words told me he had no idea of what was about to happen. The fact that he called it SE makes me wonder if his friend on the other end of the phone ever found him at the exit; on his knees, face a lovely shade of green, his phone clutched in one hand and the "Pastry bag" from the ride in the other. I guess every group has their own version of "Where's K?' and he had probably been told by someone to "sit here and wait for us while we go on TT.".:scared: It was at this point that my favorite statement from the entire trip was uttered. I noted that "Happy" was now walking a little like "Woozy". I asked him how he liked the ride and he said it was good. I'm sure he was trying to concentrate on not bouncing off the walls and couldn't give any more brain capacity to trivial things like talking or breathing. I have to say I thought it was much less intense than I remembered and didn't know why I had been so unsure. It was "Magic Beckdom" who said the words that will go down in our family's vacation history. I asked her what she thought and she responded with, "It wasn't as bad as I remember. My cheeks hurt and I cried the whole time, but it really wasn't that bad."!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: This is a quote I used on everything from TT to TETRUNM for the rest of the week.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

After exiting through the gift shop we found "Middle Mermaid" and her charges sitting out on a bench in front of MS. The FP she had gotten for TT were for the first time slot so we went right over and got in line. "Where's K?" was going to sit this one out and have her first shot at getting lost for the day! TT was a hit with all of us, even "Woozy" who had left to make room for "Happy" enjoyed it. There was one aspect of this ride that "Middle Mermaid" really enjoyed. She was seated behind her sister and got great enjoyment out of the fact that TT played havoc with "Tinker Jo's" hair. She laughed harder over that than anything else all week. She enjoyed it so much in fact that we had to ride TT later in the week so she could take a picture. "Tinker Jo" thought it was funny until she had to get a comb through the rat's nest it left her with.

121460012_12.jpg

"Tinker Jo" gets her Bibbity Bobbity Boutique done on Bibbity Bobbity Test Track.

After having our insides scrambled and churned on MS and TT we now decide to find something to eat. (Good planning huh?) We cross the park to the bakery next to the Cool Station and grab something there. "Where's K?" is thrilled with the thought of yet another bakery breakfast. I tell her to get a breakfast sandwich and just use a counter service instead of a snack but she refuses. I do this just to make a point. She glares at me for the next hour. When we are done eating "Magic Beckdom" suggests heading back to WS as this is an EMH morning and the countries should be open early too. (Yes, we know they don't. NOW!!). We do a quick detour into the character meet area right there to see if we can find anyone we haven't seen yet. No new friends to meet here. I suggest to "Where's K?" she might want to get these characters, the fab five, to sign the new book for her younger grand daughter. "I am only looking for princesses for that book too." "Middle Mermaid" reminds her of the whole 14 pages 6 princess thing and tries to get her to have these characters sign in the back. "No I'll wait. I think she would really like to have the princesses. I'm sure we will find enough."

"I heard it from Maryanne who heard it from another mousekeeper who heard it from Jimminy Cricket that there is a psychic staying over at Pop Century who has been in touch with Princess Grace, Maybe we should head over there!" No I didn't say it out loud but I thought it!

Have to sign off for now I will finish up this installment real soon.

Next time: Jules your cruise director goes postal and takes no prisoners and "Where's K?" finds out what happens when good Chipmunks go bad at the GG.

Hi gang. I am going to try and finish up our day at Epcot today.

sandys I am so glad you are enjoyng this TR. I am actually really enjoyng writing it. It is becoming a good form of therapy.

mindystar, I love that name by the way, thanks so much for continuing to read and comment on my report. I promise there are big surprises yet to come.

And now let's see the last time we had tried to find some of those d*$n elusive princesses with no sucess. After bombing out at the character meet we headed over to WS so we could be in Canada as soon as it opened. Seems "Magic Beckdom" had her info wrong about this. The WS pavillions do not open early on EMH days. Therefore we waited in front of the pavillion for about 20 mins until it did open. We hit the stores there, sad to see that the store on the upper level was not open just the one there in the front. I started my own little odessy here in Canada. I decided to buy Christmas tree decorations in each of the countries of WS, this turned into new tree decorations from all over the World. This did irk "Where's K?" a little I think because while she was trying to economically buy decorations for folks back home and travel all over the place to find them I just kept buying 7 or 8 at a pop. Buy the end of the week she would just walk away everytime I would stop to look at new decorations.:santa:

In Canada we hung around a while after we shopped because the Canadian story teller was due to come out, this was another thing we did in each of the pavillions. It also became a new way to bore the living day lights out of "Antsy":rolleyes1 "Where's K?" was not impressed with Canada. She thought "they" could have done a much better job of representing the country. (Those darn unimaginative Canadians. The concept of Disney imagineers was lost on her. I think she thought Gary Trudeau had brought a couple of his buddies down to Florida back in the eighties and they banged this "unimaginative hodge-podge together in a couple of weeks.)

Next we were on to The United Kingdom. This pavillion was much more to "Where's K?'s" liking. (I guess we were lucky this was done while Princess Di was around, imagine what Camilla would have done with it?!;) There's that "P" word again.) After spending quite awhile roaming around here I stopped and picked up three orders of fish and chips to share. We had tried these last time we were here and couldn't wait to get some again. "Where's K?" saw me in line and jumped in herself. I told her I had gotten some for everyone but she said that she thought we would need more so "Picky" would have enough because he LOVES fish. I think this was just a cover for herself because that bakery breakfast just didn't do it for her. Well, I'm really glad she did that because "Picky" just played with the piece of fish he got and then it went in "Ye olde rubbish bin". He did eat a couple of the chips but then announced that these were really french fries and then he ate no more. "Where's K?" did enjoy the rest. She ate them with Mault vinegar and then proceeded to loudly tell everyone within earshot, for the next three hours, that "that fish with mault liquor" was really good!:rotfl2: I went along and told everyone she came in contact with that she couldn't be held responsible for her actions because those darn Brits got her drunk. As we were finishing up our fish and chips we realized it was time for an appearence of the WS players to begin so we wandered over to watch. Now we were just about the first ones there so I kind of joked back and forth with the players while they were waiting to get a bigger crowd. They kept kidding me about my Santa Mickey hat. Saying that anyone who had the guts to wear that should be given a discount at the gate. When they did get a crowd large enough to start they announced that they would be doing their version of the story of King Arthur. They picked this very "Amusing" guy out of the crowd to play Arthur, I think he had been into the mault liquor even more than "Where's K?" had, seriously this guy was three sheets to the wind and it was only like 11:30 in the morning.:confused: As they proceeded to tell the story they introduced Sir Galahad. It was obvious that this part was going to be played by an unsuspecting member of the crowd and that unsuspecting member turned out to be the guy with enough nerve to wear a hat that should be out-lawed. You guessed it. Me

121460005_5.jpg

My debut with the World Show Case Players. I would recognize my co-star the next day when she appeared as La Befena, the Italian "Santa", in Italy. Not sure if the fact that she also recognized me was good or bad.

This was a lot of fun. It also gave me a chance to not have to worry about "Where's K?" and "Antsy" for a bit. During this time "Antsy" was still contemplating why we were feeding him french fries and trying to pass them off as chips. After my big performance I got a pin that they said would give me immunity from having to perform with the players again. I quickly put that baby on, believe me. Next we headed over the bridge into France. Here we said we would split up and do a little shopping and then meet up for pastries in about 30 mins. It should be safe, the pavillion is small, "Where's K?" shouldn't be able to get too far. ;) We ALL did arrive back at the meeting place on time but "Where's K?" did manage to throw a small wrench into the works. She had wanted to get a creme brullie (sp?) at the bakery when we had our breakfast but I had told her she should wait and get one when we got to France. Well when we all showed up to go get pastries "Where's K?" appeared with a creme brullie. Seems she just couldn't wait. She thought we had said that "If you want a pastry you had better get it now or you won't get it." It could happen, it sounds a lot like "We will meet back here in 30 mins and go get some Pastries." Anyway since she had found the pastry shop on her own she was now an expert on not only the shop but on French pastries in general. She had to follow us into the shop, again not the biggest area in the parks, and guide us through our selections. She also offered in a loud stage whisper that we should stay away from the creme brullie as it really wasn't that good. I'm sure this was a dig toward me because I wouldn't let her get one back in the "good old US of A" this morning. Next "Antsy" turned into "Dippy" and couldn't seem to understand anything the CM was saying, granted the girl behind the counter did have a very thick French accent but, everything was written out and he can read. "Where's K?" stepped in to help and attempted to teach him that if you are confronted with someone who doesn't speek perfect King's English all you have to do is yell at them, that will help them understand. Darn foreign countries only sending the hard of hearing over here.:confused3 We found a place to sit at the rear of the pavillion to eat our pastries but "Where's K?", since she had already choked down that paste that they tried to pass off as creme brullie was now in a hurry to get going. "Magic Beckdom", "Middle Mermaid", "Tinker Jo" and I practically inhaled our treats. "Picky" tried his chocolate mousse then decided to just sit and stir it until it resembled a thick lumpy Yo Hoo. After our visit to gastric paradise we walked out to watch Pere Noel and hear about his little friend Babette. This is the French Santa. We did manage to see all of the WS storytellers. During this show "Antsy" sat on the edge of the fountain and proceeded to splash a huge puddle onto the pavement.

On to Japan. Here I think "Antsy" just about hit his limit. As most of you know there are not many "Thrill" rides in WS and those that are there are over in Norway and maybe Mexico:rolleyes1 When you enter through Canada it's a long way to get to anything that even resembles a ride. This is OK with us because we enjoy the sights of the different pavillions. "Antsy" was not feelin' the love here. He did stumble through the stores and we listened to the drum performers but that just wasn't cutting it. When "Where's K?" and I found a smoking area off to the right of the pavillion he sat on the curb and stared glassy eyed at the bonzei trees. I waited for him to go at them like Edward Scissorhands but I don't think he was even coherrant enough to enjoy a good old fashion plant defacing. He even actually whined that he wanted to go back to the hotel and see what Maryanne had done. I suggested we go down to the lagoon and watch the storyteller and he listlessly followed behind us,kicking his toe along the pavement and mumbling about TT. After listening to the Daruma Vender I knew we had to get out of there quick. If we didn't I was afraid "where's K?" was just going to start crying and "Glassy Eyes" was going to have to receive a transfusion. For them Japan was a total bust. The rest of us did our best to enjoy it and I think we would all say that it was about this time that we stopped worrying about their good time and started worrying about our own. Well, "Magic Beckdom" and the girls would say this, it would take me two more pavillions until I started to think this way.

We next went to Morocco. Again a little shopping and then we stopped to listen to the Taarji tell about their holiday traditions. This is where "Magic Beckdom" lost it. I had sat on the bench around the main fountain with "Middle Mermaid" and "Tinker Jo". "Where's K?" found a spot just to our right in the crowd. "Magic Beckdom" and "Antsy" were to her right near a raised flower bed. "Antsy" sat on the edge of the bed. During the Taarji's story I looked over to see "Magic Beckdom" slap "Antsy's" hand and say something to him with her best "mom" face. After the show she explained that she had looked over to see him doing the old pruning routine on a bed of pansies. Picking the blooms and then tossing them in the air. She had been watching this kind of stuff from him, as we all had, for three days and she just hit the point of no return. She said she felt awful about it and seemed to be guilt ridden. This is not her nature at all. I told her not to worry about it everything was ok and it wasn't like she opened his lip or anything. I think what made her the most guilty is that down deep she probably wanted to "open his lip". I had to smile to myself that it was her and not me that finally let go. I would not be smiling several days later when I had my own run in with "Antsy" in AK.

Trying to keep spirits up I lead the group next to the United States pavillion. This is one of my favorite attractions in all of WDW. I can't watch TAA without getting a lump in my throat. We got to the pavillion just as TVOL were finishing up with a performance and got to see only about 4 mins of their show. I figured we would stop back in to see them after the show. We all followed the rest of the crowd up the escalators to the theater and were able to get really good seats in about the 6th row. I again had to choke back tears when the show ended. It's something about that music and the montage of images they show that just gets to me. Anyway when the lights came up I turned to "Where's K?" to see her reaction and she looked at me stone faced and said , "That was good." I was crestfallen, this was one of the attractions I was sure she would see and then have that Disney awakening. Nothing! What's worse, we had to wake "Sleepy" up so we could exit the theater!! I had just about given up.:sad1: I tried to go back and see TVOL but the last show had been their last for the day. We agreed to do a little shopping and then meet back at the front. When we had all reunited again I asked what was next and got no real response. "Magic Beckdom" was still upset about handing out corporal punishment in Morocco. "Middle Mermaid" was too busy trying to be the peace maker to care. "Tinker Jo" who again had refused Mole skin was too pre-occupied with her feet. And "Where's K?" and "Antsy" both seemed to be in a stupor. This finally pushed me to my limit. I walked away while the rest were watching the fife and drum corp and hid in the back of the pavillion in a smoking area and felt sorry for myself.

I am so sorry. I have to quit for now. I promise that all will get better in the next post. It couldn't get worse! We will rise above this seeming defete and the trip will go on.:thumbsup2 See you all real soon.

Sorry for the interruption. I had to cover for someone at work and I actually had to do something!

Ok back to the report. When we left our little group of travelers they were in the depths of despair. The ship had hit the iceberg, the Yankees had burned Tara, the wizard's balloon had left without us. But not to fear friends. Things will get better. We will live to ride a horse in the surf, for tom IS another day, We will be able to tap our heels three times and recite; "There's no place like WDW, there's no place like WDW, there's no place like WDW." Well you get the idea.

While I hide from the fife and drum corp I wallow in self pitty and decide that I am tired of playing Jules your cruise director. I want to be part of this trip not just the coordinator. With this in mind I return to the group and attempt to start again. "What does everyone want to do?" "Magic Beckdom" responds with, "Whatever." I have the melt down. "I am tired of being the one that has to always decide what we are doing next. There are six people on this trip and nobody ever wants to make a decision!". "Where's K?" tries to squeeze out of it by saying, "Well I don't know what there is to do." (If you had cared enough to even attempt to look at all the info we gave you before we left home you might have an idea now!!) I shoot her an icy stare and she decides this is a family affair and she shuts up. "Magic Beckdom" tries again. "What do you want to do?" "It's not always what I want to do. I feel like I'm not even on this trip." "Tinker Jo" looks like a deer in the headlights, "Antsy" just continues to snap the heads off petunias, "Middle Mermaid" comes to the rescue. She pulls out a guide map. "What time is dinner? "Magic Beckdom" volunteers that we have about an hour till our ADR's at GG. Then she ventures, "We could either continue on with WS or we could head back the way we came and head over toward GG. There is also the tree lighting that I would like to see." "Do you want to go do that then?" I ask. "If that's what you want to do." I thought I had seen a glimmer of hope there for a min but now it's gone. "That's the point. I don't want to decide what we are doing next!". "Let's head back then." We all turn around and head back toward Canada. On the way I ask, "So where are we going then?" "Magic Beckdom replies with, "I'm not sure." In fairness to her I have just turned the routine we had set up for the trip on it's ear and she is scrambling to figure out what is going on and what it is that is going to make it better. I see that my melt down is threatening to derail the whole trip so I try to get it under control. As we pass by Morocco I make a real attempt to make things beter. I see that Aladin and Genie are out doing a character meet and ask "Where's K?" if she wants to stop and get their autographs for her second autograph book. Up to this point she has been very quietly walking behind us with a look that could kill on her face. She responds with an answer that immediately throws me into a tailspin. It is this response that makes me finally realize that I have been spending too much time worrying about her and "Antsy" and not enough time enjoyng the fact that I am at WDW. She says, "NO I'M NOT GOING TO WORRY ABOUT THEM IF I DON'T FILL THE BOOK I WILL JUST SIGN THEIR NAMES, IT'S NOT LIKE SHE WILL KNOW ANYHOW!!!" I look at her like she is the hunter that killed Bambi's mother!! Is she kidding me? Why did she even come? She could have gone to the local Disney store and bought the book and then signed them in the comfort of her livingroom!! My melt down is now complete. I stagger to a nearby bench and sit, shaking my head in despair. "Magic Beckdom" sits beside me. "What did she just say?" I ask. "She said she will just sign them herself. Her grand daughter will never know." She has a look on her face that I'm sure is mirrored on my own. My recent despair over having to be "the leader" is gone. As "Magic Beckdom" and I sit there staring at each other the reality of "Where's K?" statement sinks in and we both start to giggle under our breath. This has brought us back to the same team. We are now allies again. "Ok, lets head for the tree lighting." We don't bring up the autographs from Aladin and Genie again. Every time "Where's K?" brings up the need for other autographs during the week, and she will, we all just smile and ignore it.

As we pass through the United Kingdom we realize that Father Christmas is due to come out very soon so we head back to the court yard in the rear and wait for him. "Middle Mermaid" seems to act like a weight has been lifted. "Tinker Jo", other than the fact that her feet are starting to scream, also seems to be in a better mood. "Antsy" is now been replaced by "Pokey" and he is plodding along behind us. "Where's K?" is still miffed about the whole recent situation and she is not talking. When we are watching Father Christmas "Magic Beckdom" and I get a little bit of Disney magic sprinkled on us unexpectedly. When the Storyteller begins to explain all of the Christmas traditions we have gotten from the United Kingdom he picks "Magic Beckdom" and I to demonstrate the one surrounding mistle toe. I guess Walt, looking down from someplace up there, realized we needed that.

After we watch Father Christmas and get the obligatory pics with him we continue on toward the tree lighting. We make a stop between The UK and Canada so "Tinker Jo" can visit that little room again. (Everything is truely back to normal.) I stop to buy some warm drinks from a little stand buy the stage for Off Kilter and the fact that they don't accept the dining plan doesn't even faze me. While "Where's K?" grabs a cigarette in a non-smoking area, not my problem anymore, I buy a Mickey Christmas pin and add it to my Santa Mickey hat. This is to commemorate the new birth of our trip. "Tinker Jo" sees my pin and buys herself a matching Minnie and we add that to her hat. As we approach the tree "Where's K?" says that "Antsy" would like to see illuminations again because last night he saw the whole thing in black and white through his viewfinder. "OK, well we have a few more days to do this." I bring it up to "Magic Beckdom" and she says she really doesn't want to do this again tonight after just seeing it yesterday. (She has taken my, "What does everyone else want to do speech to heart.) I tell "Where's K?" that we probably won't do this today but I'm sure we will get it in sometime this week. As we approach the tree people are already starting to line up. "Where's K?" says she want's to run over to the stores there at the end of the bridge and look for some more tree decorations for other family members, now she has decided that the ones she bought for her daughters over at MGM should have mates for their husbands and the other grand children, (The return of the Great Tree decoration epic was somehow comforting.) "Middle Mermaid" says she would like to stop in there also so the two of them, followed by "Tinker Jo" and "Antsy", who is beginning to wrestle with "Hungry" for domination, walk over while "Magic Beckdom" and I stake out a spot to watch the tree lighting. I turn my twinkle lights on, the earlier ******* is now completely gone, so they can find us easier in the crowd. "Tinker Jo' does the same so we can follow them better. This is when "Middle Mermaid" gets her first true taste of the Jules your cruise director role. Which is good because she will have to do this tom night as "Magic Beckdom" and I plan on spending some time alone tom night. I have a big night planned that she has no idea as to what we are doing. When they are finished in the store, "Where's K?" hasn't found the decorations she wants, "Middle Mermaid sees my hat and realizes that if they circle around to the lagoon side of the crowd they should be able to come right over to where we are. "Where's K?" decides they should head directly into the crowd and then cross over to us. They do this and then realize that the area has been roped off and they must now walk all the way back to the end of the bridge and then back down our side. (Now "Where's K?" is going to start getting everyone lost right along with her.) They get to us about half way through the tree lighting and now "Middle Mermaid" looks stressed. It's nice to "share the wealth" so to speak.

After we watch them light the tree we head over to the Land for dinner. We arrive a few mins early and have to wait. We also enjoy this rest and try to eat here on each trip. We are seated on the lower level after a brief mis-start on the upper. I ask to be moved and they do it right away. The waitress, who I have to admit wasn't the best server, brings us our drinks and appetizers, since this is a family style meal I am a little worried about "Picky" but the "problem" doesn't come from him this time. "Where's K?" finishes her appetizer and then the next time the waitress comes by she hands the girl her plate. The waitress takes it and is gone. When our food comes "Where's K?" has no plate. Usually you use the same plate for everything here. The rest of us dig in, "Where's K?" mumbles under her breath that she has no plate. I catch the waitress and ask her to bring a new plate, she says "OK" but then never does. The longer it goes and the more food the rest of us eat the madder "Where's K?" gets. Finally after asking for a second time the waitress does bring the plate but now "Where's K?" determines that all the food is cold. I ask the waitress to bring more and off she goes again. It took a long time to finally get the second helping and then "Where's K?" pulls a "Picky" trick and hardly touches it. "Magic Beckdom" and I both feel guilty about wasting this food so we both end up eating way more than we should have and both end up very uncomfortable. While we are waiting for the second helping to arrive Mickey shows up on the upper level and reaches over and starts playing with "Middle Mermaid's" hair. This scares the s^*t out of her. We soon realize that the mouse is only a decoy, he and his buddies have apparently heard "Where's K's?" remark about the autographs and have decided to teach her a lesson. As we are all laughing about "Middle Mermaid's" run in with Mickey, Chip sneaks up to just behind "Where's K?" and taps her on the shoulder. She turns to be confronted with a rogue rodent in her face. She lets out a scream that I'm sure they heard over at MS and ends up literally in my lap! I guess they wanted to make sure she understood that forgery is a crime. I just about wet myself laughing.

After dinner we are all in fairly good moods. The various melt downs from the day forgotten. We decide to head back to the hotel a little early so we head for the front of the park. By this time most of the other guests are lined up to see illuminations so the front of the park is almost empty. We stop in the big store across from the fountain and do some shopping. "Where's K?", true to form doesn't show up out side like we agreed. "Middle Mermaid" stays outside the door we designated with "Tinker Jo" since she can barely walk by this point due to the blisters she has gotten. "Magic Beckdom" and I head off in opposite directions to see if we can find her. We are all hoping that "Sleepy" who has now joined us is traveling with his grand mother. After 25 mins the two of them come wandering up to "Middle Mermaid" and "Tinker Jo", seems they exited the store though a different door and then waited there for the rest of us. This is of course our fault. I just smile, Not my problem. On the way out of the park we see that SE has no wait so we decide to do this while we can. We all enjoy it. "Where's K?" is impressed with the fact that she was, "UP inside that big dome." she doesn't however like the smell of Rome burning and can't get the smell out of her nose for three days. I don't even think "Sleepy" knew he was on a ride.

We catch a bus relatively quickly as most guests are still back inside the park watching the fireworks.

When we get back to the hotel "Tinker Jo" wants to go in the pool. "Sleepy" rallies and says he wants to go to. Now the pool is something he has been looking forward to since July. He has not stopped talking about how he will be able to swim on Christmas. The three of us go down to the pool and "Tinker Jo" and I go in. "Magic Beckdom" and "Middle Mermaid" walk down to the gift shop then stop at the pool and both put their feet in. "Freezy", a new dwarf, won't even go near it. He sits at a table and watches us and looks completely bored. I smile, Not my problem.

When we get back to the room and "Magic Beckdom" and I climb into bed I am still smiling. Not because the evening ended so well but because I have discovered that the phone in our room hasn't worked because it isn't plugged in so the wake up call will not ring in here. The only place it will ring is next to "Sleepy's" head and since we have ADR's at Akershus for breakfast it is going to be an early call. (Cue the demonic laughter, The fun has returned to our trip!!)

Next installment: A big day! We all take our first ride on Soarin'. "Magic Beckdom" and I finally take that night away for just us, big surprises in store for her. And we are all "in the right place at the right time". Don't miss this one folks!!

I am actually really enjoing writing it. It is becoming a good form of therapy.

I couldn't agree more! Writing my TR (and reading everyone else's) is the only thing saving me from massive post-Disney depression! :upsidedow

We hit the stores there, sad to see that the store on the upper level was not open just the one there in the front. I started my own little odessy here in Canada. I decided to buy Christmas tree decorations in each of the countries of WS, this turned into new tree decorations from all over the World.

We were upset about that too. I miss those shops in Canada! What a great idea about buying decorations from each pavillion! :thumbsup2

Might I say, that you look very stylish with your LGMH! :magnify:

This finally pushed me to my limit. I walked away while the rest were watching the fife and drum corp and hid in the back of the pavillion in a smoking area and felt sorry for myself.

Don't worry, everyone needs a 'time out' at WDW. :hippie: Epcot has a way of stressing people out, I think. I really love Epcot, but it's pretty hard to make it all the way around WS without someone grumbling, or in Magic Beckdom's case - physically abusing! :thumbsup2

Take care,
Michelle

Hey everyone, this is the "real" Becky. Harry is off on a much needed day off and will not be able to post until tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who is reading, it is fun every morning to see who has responded during the evening.

I have to say, Harry loves writing this TR - he is a natural storyteller and actor. He tried to be modest, but he loved being Sir Galahad. :laughing:

Thanks again for tuning in and look for a new installment tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter