The 100% Original POFQ FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe someone can answer this. I'm kinda worried about this. The POFQ info says that the beds are double beds. Are they big enough for 2 adults to sleep comfortably? As I couldn't get a king bed........none was left. I am still putting in a request in case one does open up but if we don't will we be okay? As we'll probably just use one of the beds unless its too small. I'm like 5'5 and pretty thin, the bf is like 5'9 and 160.

Also has anyone taken a laptop with them here? Will they fit in the safe? If not do you just leave them in your suitcase? Or do you have them store them up at the front desk? I'm really only considering doing this so I can upload my pictures off the memory cards each night. If I don't is there a way to do this at the resort?

We usually take our laptop to check e-mail and have web access. We usually store it on the nightstand shelf and have never had any problems - knock on wood!! If you're concerned, I would just hide it somewhere out of sight. I don't recall hearing about anyone having things stolen from their room, but maybe we've just been lucky!

I made my ressies online on Friday. Staying at POFQ in Non-Smoking Waterview room with a request for a Corner Room with a Riverview.
Need to call back and make sure the requests are for 1) corner room, 2) river view, 3) top floor, 4) Buildings 1, 2, or 5. I realize these are all requests and that I am only officially paying for a Waterview room, but it is my birthday and I would like to do something special.:cloud9:
Next I have to made reservations for a BackStage Magic Tour, Pirates and Princesses Party, and a few special ADR meals.pirate:

We usually take our laptop to check e-mail and have web access. We usually store it on the nightstand shelf and have never had any problems - knock on wood!! If you're concerned, I would just hide it somewhere out of sight. I don't recall hearing about anyone having things stolen from their room, but maybe we've just been lucky!

I had money stolen from a room at POFQ. I actually had it tucked inside my clothes in a dresser drawer and it was still stolen. My suggestion for a laptop is to put it in a suitcase with a lock on it. Most laptops will not fit in the safe.

I made my ressies online on Friday. Staying at POFQ in Non-Smoking Waterview room with a request for a Corner Room with a Riverview.
Need to call back and make sure the requests are for 1) corner room, 2) river view, 3) top floor, 4) Buildings 1, 2, or 5. I realize these are all requests and that I am only officially paying for a Waterview room, but it is my birthday and I would like to do something special.:cloud9:
Next I have to made reservations for a BackStage Magic Tour, Pirates and Princesses Party, and a few special ADR meals.pirate:

Okay, so today I made my reservations for the Backstage Magic Tour. Each day is one more day closer to my vacation.:dance3:

How late does the food court stay open?? How late does the pool stay open?? We're getting in around 9ish (but still early our time). I was wondering if food would still be available and if I could promise the kids a swim in the pool.

I just booked POFQ for free dining at the end of Sept! :banana:
I could only share my excitement here...

Question: Does EVERY room have refrigerator or do I have to request???

Does gift shop sell the box of donuts???

Thanks

Yes the rooms do have refrigerators. They are the smaller dorm style ones but they held enough for us to be happy. As for the doughnuts I don't recall seeing them. But someone else can prob answer that part. But they do sell beniets( Benyaas) at the food court. They are wonderful donut like pastries.

Question about the DTD boat. Can you bring a stroller? Open or folded?
I'm pretty sure we folded ours.

I just booked POFQ for free dining at the end of Sept! :banana:
I could only share my excitement here...

Question: Does EVERY room have refrigerator or do I have to request???

Does gift shop sell the box of donuts???

Thanks

I thought I did see Entermann's donuts but I didn't buy any so I'm not positive. I do remember jar of peanut butter and loaf of bread.

What times does the Food Court open in the mornings? My DMom and DDad are usually early risers and wanted to see what time the Food Court usually opens in June.:confused3

There is only one place to eat at the French Quarter. Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory is a food court where you can dine around Mardi Gras Parade props in a warehouse setting. It is open from 6:00am - midnight (hours vary). Be sure to have the beignets.

I have been lurking around on this thread for a few days, and I'm getting so excited...we are planning our disneymoon at POFQ in December and I can't wait! It's DF's first trip ever to Disney, I've been prob 20 times. Anyway, I'd love a king bed room since it is our honeymoon and all, but all the pictures I've seen w/kings are handicap rooms, w/out a bathtub and I can't go a whole week w/no bathtub! Does anyone know if all the knig rooms are handicap rooms? And are there any corner king rooms, I love the extra window. Thanks!!
I'm pretty much a newbie but already becoming addicted to these boards...

Sorry for adding another question about these mugs to the list, but after doing a search I wasn't able to find out the answer to my question.

We're staying at POFQ in October, and we will be doing the DDP and plan to eat our breakfast in our room or en route to a park.

What are the drinks that you can get with the mugs?

I read one thread about someone getting orange juice in their mugs, but haven't read of anyone else doing this. Neither DH or I drink coffee or lots of soft drinks, so if juice isn't included we'll just skip it.

Thanks...

I took pics of the food court and mainly the drink selection, click on the link in my siggy!

Hope you have a great time!

Sorry for adding another question about these mugs to the list, but after doing a search I wasn't able to find out the answer to my question.

We're staying at POFQ in October, and we will be doing the DDP and plan to eat our breakfast in our room or en route to a park.

What are the drinks that you can get with the mugs?

I read one thread about someone getting orange juice in their mugs, but haven't read of anyone else doing this. Neither DH or I drink coffee or lots of soft drinks, so if juice isn't included we'll just skip it.

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter