The 10 cheesiest movie moments ever, see if you agree

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
Golden Moldies
Hollywood's cheesiest moments are revealed.

by Kat Giantis
MSN Entertainment
Nov. 3, 2003

Hollywood has long had a weakness for cheese. Just look at the classic "Casablanca," in which Ilsa (Ingrid Bergman) gushes to Rick (Humphrey Bogart) as the Germans invade Paris, "Was that cannon fire or is it my heart pounding?" Groan.

Well, break out the crackers, because the good folks at Empire magazine have selected the 10 cheesiest movie moments ever. At the top of the list is Bill Pullman's Velveeta-covered presidential pep talk in "Independence Day" ("We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"), which the mag dismisses as "a cornball speech that sounds like Shakespeare rewritten by kindergarteners."

Coming in a close second is the mano-a-mano moment in "Top Gun" when Tom Cruise's Maverick melts Val Kilmer's Iceman's frozen heart by telling him, "You can be my wingman any time."

Other cringe-inducing examples include a drenched Andie MacDowell clunkily telling Hugh Grant at the end of "Four Weddings and a Funeral," "Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed"; a blind woman worshiping Kevin Costner's messiah-like mail carrier in "The Postman": "You're a Godsend, a savior," to which he earnestly replies, "No, I'm just the postman"; and Hayden Christensen's wooing of Natalie Portman in "Attack of the Clones," which includes this rumination on sand: "It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth."

Still craving cheese? Here's the complete list:

1. "Independence Day"
2. "Top Gun"
3. "The Karate Kid" (Daniel wins the big tournament on one leg)
4. "Four Weddings and a Funeral"
5. "Pearl Harbor" (Kate Beckinsale reads a love letter as the sun sets)
6. "Stepmom" (the big group sing)
7. "The Postman"
8. "An Office and a Gentleman" (Richard Gere carries Debra Winger out of the factory)
9. "Patch Adams" (sick kids rescue Robin Williams in court)
10. "Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones"

Cheesy yes, but who DIDN'T love that scene in Officer and a Gentleman? Be still my heart! ;)

What group sing scene in Step Mom? I can't remember....
If it was the one in the bedroom, I loved that too.....I sing and dance with my kids all the time. It's fun. :)

Add that awful Bridges of Madison County to the list and take off Four Weddings and a Funeral and I think its an o.k. list. :)

It may be cheesy but I love that dialogue (the whole thing)from Hayden to Natalie...if my man said that to me that would give me the chills.
And Stepmom was a great flick. I like the singing part.
I must like cheese. :teeth:

"Cause baby there aint no mountain high enough!" -Stepmom scene.

I LOVED that movie!!!! It made me cry so much :(

Ahhh Officer and a Gentleman......must be where I developed my love for cheese!!!:teeth: :bounce:

Originally posted by Lucky4me
Cheesy yes, but who DIDN'T love that scene in Officer and a Gentleman? Be still my heart! ;)

Yep, that is one of my favorite movie moments!:D

How could they possibly leave out Dirty Dancing...

"Nobody puts Baby in a Corner!"

I loved ALL those movies!

Next time I'll ask for mine with extra cheese.

Guess I like cheese in my movies as well as on my pizza.

"The power of cheese" !!!! ROFLMBO !!!!

Okay, just saw Dolly Parton on Oprah... so here is one that is more obscure that comes to mind... The end of "Best Little *****house in Texas" Which was a hilarious and great movie.... ( I can hear that song in my head... "Texas has a *****house in it... Lord have mercy on our souls!!!" But when they show that close up at the end of Dolly and Burt Reynolds swooning at each other while sitting in his pick-up truck, getting ready to ride off into the sunset... THAT was cheesy!!! LOL!!!

And, I am sorry, but Richard Gere carrying Debra Winger out of the factory... That was a movie classic!!! That was GREAT!!! I LOVED it!!! How did that make the list????

edited to add:
OMG!!!! it is beeping out that word!!! Ohhhh noooo!!!!

OMG, DH is watching TV and I just heard "this rumination on sand: "It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth." !
...Love means never having to say you're sorry....cheese whiz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter