the 1-800 number is down!!

wadub56

Mouseketeer
has anyone else been trying to call memeber servises only to find out its been busy for 3 days? well i have....trying to straightening things out on the taxes and i cant get in....i tried 20X now and its been busy for 3days...maybe its bad timing or luck who knows someone please let me know if your having the same problem....

thanks

Called JUST now and got through on the first ring!

People are calling to book December stays, and with the winter weather (we are iced in here in SOUTH TX!!!!!) people are thinking---FLORIDA!

Yes, it has been VERY busy the past few days. I've been getting a busy signal frequently, and when I've gotten through, there have been L-O-N-G waits.

With people booking Dec reservations, unless that is the reason for your call I would avoid calling in the morning. I called last Friday in the afternoon and had no problem getting through.

A tax problem would be member accounting? it should not get involved in the wait. Why not email them the problem it may get resolved before you get through?

We just bought in Dec. & I've tried to call MS a couple of times for general questions & so far I think the MS phone lines are a joke. Busy each & every time I try to call, then when I finally DO get thru I'm on hold 20-30 min. AND THEN, if I also have a question about cruising after my first question they have to transfer me over to another line when I'm done with my first question - then I'm on hold ANOTHER 10 min. Not to mention that none of the CSRs that I've spoken with have offered the usual friendly Disney attitude I'm used to from calling WDW or DCL in previous years. Totally different attitudes (not in a good way).

IMHO, the Member Services phone lines have been flat out ANNOYING and the fact that it's a busy time of year to book at DVC in Dec. is a strong indicator that they need more phone lines and ppl to answer them. That's not an acceptable excuse to me. I am calling back next week on the 23rd to make a 7 mo. res. & if I experience the same problem(s) I plan on complaining to someone. Don't know to who yet, but it's been poor cust. service so far! I'm not impressed with MS.

Better luck to the rest of you!

We just bought in Dec. & I've tried to call MS a couple of times for general questions & so far I think the MS phone lines are a joke. Busy each & every time I try to call, then when I finally DO get thru I'm on hold 20-30 min. AND THEN, if I also have a question about cruising after my first question they have to transfer me over to another line when I'm done with my first question - then I'm on hold ANOTHER 10 min. Not to mention that none of the CSRs that I've spoken with have offered the usual friendly Disney attitude I'm used to from calling WDW or DCL in previous years. Totally different attitudes (not in a good way).

IMHO, the Member Services phone lines have been flat out ANNOYING and the fact that it's a busy time of year to book at DVC in Dec. is a strong indicator that they need more phone lines and ppl to answer them. That's not an acceptable excuse to me. I am calling back next week on the 23rd to make a 7 mo. res. & if I experience the same problem(s) I plan on complaining to someone. Don't know to who yet, but it's been poor cust. service so far! I'm not impressed with MS.

I totally agree with this. Once piece of advice, zip up your flame suit because many here will blast you for this opinion. You aren't alone belive me but many are afraid to post.

I'm going to call MS for a ressie now and I'll edit this post with an update.

Edit: Well I just called and the wait time was just what they stated 9 minutes. This MS agent was very good. I was shocked with what I got on such short notice. I'll start a thread about that on the Misc. board.

I'm a new member too and have been less than thrilled when phoning MS - all the holding and waiting. Not to mention I'm pretty tired of the Beauty and the Beast Soundtrack they played everyday last week.

Flame away.

You can email them, you know, with reservation requests.

I'm glad to see someone else feel this way. I, too, am a new owner and have had nothing but frustration with calling MS. First couple of times having to listen to that ridiculously long announcement just to figure out which number to hit :rotfl: then holding forever just for a CM. One time I held 20 minutes to see about getting my Club ID number so I could pay my dues on-line. Minute it starting ringing for a CM, I was disconnected. :mad: Finally, got back through and when I asked why I hadn't received my member packet (resale), she said "I don't handle that, but I will transfer you to the person who does." She then comes back herself . . . and said she talked to the guy that handles that (guess he couldn't be bothered telling me himself) and he requested the packet be sent to me on December 8th from a company they outsource to, so they have no idea when I will get it. :confused3 I told her, albeit pleasantly, seems odd I can't get my member packet, but I sure got the Annual Dues Statement. ;)

Anyway, I must say I have been disillusioned by customer service as a DVC owner. Where is the love??:hug:

Don't forget...we aren't exactly under normal conditions right now, either. You have the Early December booking rush, with many folks booking day by day, you have the recent holiday weekend, you have folks madly trying to call because their phones and power have been out due to the Arctic blast, and you've got people calling trying to reschedule because they can't fly. San Antonio has had hardly any flights out the last two days...and the news said only three flights have left by 2:30pm today. And for folks that had planned on driving, all major highways in most of Texas have also been closed for two days.

They are running out of de-icing chemical at San Antonio airport, and can't get any because it has to be trucked from Houston and I-10 is closed.

I have 12" icicles hanging from my roof, in an area where we last had major snow/ice in the 1980s.

You can email them, you know, with reservation requests.

Yes, but if you need to call them to get your PIN number if you don't receive it (like it says in the instructions) then you have to go thru all of this frustration. My DH's PIN came in the mail within 2 weeks of signing our papers & mine never did show up. So 2 weeks after his arrived I finally remembered to call (during their open hours)....hence the frustration with holding....the member website is of no value for things like that!! I also don't think being open late only one evening / week & Sat. afternoon is enough time for those of us who work & don't have the luxury of sitting on hold for that long!!!!!!!!! Long personal phone calls at work aren't always accepted as being kosher everywhere! (IMO)! :rolleyes1

Don't forget...we aren't exactly under normal conditions right now, either. You have the Early December booking rush, with many folks booking day by day, you have the recent holiday weekend, you have folks madly trying to call because their phones and power have been out due to the Arctic blast, and you've got people calling trying to reschedule because they can't fly. San Antonio has had hardly any flights out the last two days...and the news said only three flights have left by 2:30pm today. And for folks that had planned on driving, all major highways in most of Texas have also been closed for two days.

They are running out of de-icing chemical at San Antonio airport, and can't get any because it has to be trucked from Houston and I-10 is closed.

I have 12" icicles hanging from my roof, in an area where we last had major snow/ice in the 1980s.
To add to what Chuck has already listed, you also have people calling to pay their dues by phone. That involves Member Accounting rather than MS, but it's the same phone number (different option once you get through). So that's adding to the call volumes that are causing some folks to get a busy signal.

At times like this, timing is everything. If you aren't calling for a December reservation, do not call in the morning -- you are just causing yourself unnecessary frustration. Wait until mid-afternoon and you will get through much more quickly.

To add to what Chuck has already listed, you also have people calling to pay their dues by phone. That involves Member Accounting rather than MS, but it's the same phone number (different option once you get through). So that's adding to the call volumes that are causing some folks to get a busy signal.

At times like this, timing is everything. If you aren't calling for a December reservation, do not call in the morning -- you are just causing yourself unnecessary frustration. Wait until mid-afternoon and you will get through much more quickly.

I'm sorry, but I still maintain they need more lines if this is a problem every January! Where else is this acceptable? When you call the IRS on April 12?! Maybe. But I call when I have time at work to do it - and it's usually during my lunch hour. And I may not want an 11 mo. Dec. res. but I DO want a 7 mo. Aug. res. Again, I'm sorry, but I don't think it shouldn't be this huge ordeal to call...and to dread doing it. :sad1:

We joined in May of this year and have never had any problems despite several calls to Member Services. Our wait times have always been minimal and every person with whom we spoke were very polite and accommodating. I must admit though, that we always try to avoid calling first thing in the morning as it does tend to be a bit busier!

I'm sorry, but I still maintain they need more lines if this is a problem every January! Where else is this acceptable? When you call the IRS on April 12?! Maybe. But I call when I have time at work to do it - and it's usually during my lunch hour. And I may not want an 11 mo. Dec. res. but I DO want a 7 mo. Aug. res. Again, I'm sorry, but I don't think it shouldn't be this huge ordeal to call...and to dread doing it. :sad1:
I haven't had any problem getting through to MS, not even last January when I called first thing every morning to book a day-by-day reservation for Dec '06. I am fortunate to have a flexible schedule that allows me to make calls in the middle of the afternoon which is what I opt to do when I'm calling MS for something that is not urgent. I get things done more efficiently and it helps other members because I am not competing for access to MS when they are experiencing high call volumes. If I had experienced the sort of frustration you describe and there was nothing I could alter on my end to make things easier on myself then maybe I would feel differently about this. But our dues pay for MS so hiring more people and/or extending the hours comes out of the pockets of all of the members. MS has recently extended their hours in response to the increase in membership. I imagine they are keeping an eye on call volumes as well as the "bottom line" to try to find a good balance between keeping wait times low and keeping costs down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter