That's the Second Biggest Double Stroller I've Ever Seen- A Dec 2010 TR

Yeah there was a big fire a little while after you were there and the birds got damaged. I think the building is totally fine. I think the rumor is that they will bring it back without the "under new management" which is fine by me!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_Parks_Attractions/Fire_at_Disney_World_s_Enchanted_Tiki_Room.htm

I can't believe I hadn't heard about that yet! I guess it sort of makes sense, since January 12th was part of our anti-media week, so I wouldn't have seen it back then. Thanks for telling me. I hope they really do get rid of the Under New Management thing. I like the original show much better.

It must have been thrilling to see your little ones "get it"- finally GET IT and enjoy the rides!! YAY!

I oh so love CHH too! I like sitting up in the 2nd story and people watching for a while to rest! And the theming is so cool!!

How fun that you hubby was thinking of you and got something fun as a gift. What a neat moment!:thumbsup2

Sorry you had to be the bad guy on Pirates... unless you were holding him up standing on the side of the boat, I really don't see the problem. Standing on your lap is probably no more dangerous than sitting on your lap.:confused3

I'm happy to see that Carter gets the rides and enjoys them. I'm hoping that we can have that same experience when we go. Time will tell!

I was a little disappointed when you revealed what was in the bag, because I was sure it was going to be another vinylmation.:rotfl2:

It sounds like you had a wonderful evening. That was very sweet of your husband to buy you a gift while you were riding Peter Pan. And I totally agree that Carter knows what a ride means. :goodvibes

You guys were thinking pretty smart by preparing ahead for the parade. From the sounds of it, a cookie will be the perfect thing to keep Carter content during the wait. :thumbsup2

Hungry baby lips and happy baby snores--you're making me have a mushy mommy moment here!:goodvibes

Sounds so pleasant! What kinds of things are on those DVDs? I've seen them before but didn't know if it was shots of rides, behind the scenes, or what:confused3? Very nice of your hubby to surprise you while you were on Peter Pan. He might need to have a talk with my husband!!

Are you guys going to rent a car in Jax and drive down to WDW? We lived in Jacksonville for 4 years before we moved up to Virginia so I know that drive well! Its really easy, so you'll have no problems. I have fond memories of waking up at 5 am so I could get on the road and into the parks before rope drop . The drive usually took about 2 1/2 hours.

Nope, no PTR for me, I'm still struggling with my TR from Oct. Its currently languishing...

How awesome of your DH to buy you the DVD, now you can watch it whenever you need a Disney fix! Its also so awesome that Carter "gets it" with rides. I really can't wait for that moment, it will make Disney so much more fun!

I really enjoyed reading your report! I have been having a VERY stressful week at work and your lovely report and fun sense of humor are just the things to help me relax. Thank you so much for sharing your trip. :hug:

It must have been thrilling to see your little ones "get it"- finally GET IT and enjoy the rides!! YAY!

I oh so love CHH too! I like sitting up in the 2nd story and people watching for a while to rest! And the theming is so cool!!

How fun that you hubby was thinking of you and got something fun as a gift. What a neat moment!:thumbsup2

It was very thrilling to see Carter enjoying the rides! He's never minded the rides, except for It's a Small World, but before, he was always just along for the ride, so to speak. It's so much more fun this way. :cool1:

I think we eat at CHH every trip. We can't do the 2nd story thing easily unless we leave the stroller behind, but the theming is really cool.

Jeremy always knows how to make a great moment for me. :love:

Sorry you had to be the bad guy on Pirates... unless you were holding him up standing on the side of the boat, I really don't see the problem. Standing on your lap is probably no more dangerous than sitting on your lap.:confused3

I'm happy to see that Carter gets the rides and enjoys them. I'm hoping that we can have that same experience when we go. Time will tell!

I was a little disappointed when you revealed what was in the bag, because I was sure it was going to be another vinylmation.:rotfl2:

No way Landon was standing over the edge of the boat! :rotfl: He was totally safe. Maybe it was too dark and he looked more precarious than he was? :confused3

I hope your little guy gets the rides, too. I think it helps to go on the same ride twice in a row. That seemed to really help Carter enjoy the experience.

A Vinylmation would have been cool, but I was happy with my DVD. I wasn't expecting a Vinylmation, because they aren't sold in that gift shop and Jeremy wouldn't have had time to go all over the place to get one.

It sounds like you had a wonderful evening. That was very sweet of your husband to buy you a gift while you were riding Peter Pan. And I totally agree that Carter knows what a ride means. :goodvibes

You guys were thinking pretty smart by preparing ahead for the parade. From the sounds of it, a cookie will be the perfect thing to keep Carter content during the wait. :thumbsup2

We did have a wonderful evening. It sure did go by fast. Jeremy has a talent for picking out presents for me. Of course, I am a very easy person to shop for at Disney. :rotfl: I bet by October, Carter will have his own favorite rides.

Jeremy was pretty smart to think of getting a cookie for the parade. A cookie is usually a good bet with Carter.

Hungry baby lips and happy baby snores--you're making me have a mushy mommy moment here!:goodvibes

Sounds so pleasant! What kinds of things are on those DVDs? I've seen them before but didn't know if it was shots of rides, behind the scenes, or what:confused3? Very nice of your hubby to surprise you while you were on Peter Pan. He might need to have a talk with my husband!!

I had quite a few mushy mommy moments that day! :rotfl:

The MK DVD has Mickey and some other characters riding on most of the rides in the park. My only complaint with it is that they don't include the real soundtrack to all of the rides. The Epcot DVD is a bit different. It is a tour of the park with Dr. Sy N Tific, who makes a rather hokey tour guide. It's kind of funny, in a Jungle Cruise sort of way. I like them the DVDs to watch in between trips, but I think the Disney Parks collection is more popular now.

Are you guys going to rent a car in Jax and drive down to WDW? We lived in Jacksonville for 4 years before we moved up to Virginia so I know that drive well! Its really easy, so you'll have no problems. I have fond memories of waking up at 5 am so I could get on the road and into the parks before rope drop . The drive usually took about 2 1/2 hours.

Nope, no PTR for me, I'm still struggling with my TR from Oct. Its currently languishing...

How awesome of your DH to buy you the DVD, now you can watch it whenever you need a Disney fix! Its also so awesome that Carter "gets it" with rides. I really can't wait for that moment, it will make Disney so much more fun!

I'm going to keep our car for the drive from Jacksonville to Disney. Jeremy will rent a car when his business trip is over and drive to meet us. I'm glad to hear the drive isn't too bad. I was hoping it wouldn't be any more than 2 1/2 hours. That's one of the parts of the trip that I'm most nervous about- driving in with the boys. There will be no one to hand out toys or snacks. My plan is to set them up with a DVD and a snack and hope for the best.

I thought maybe your PTR was where all the action was. :rotfl:

Between the DVD and Carter's new found love of rides, it was a really awesome evening. The last nights are always the best. It is a lot of fun to have Carter getting old enough to really get into Disney things. Just think how great it will be when they're 40 inches.

I really enjoyed reading your report! I have been having a VERY stressful week at work and your lovely report and fun sense of humor are just the things to help me relax. Thank you so much for sharing your trip. :hug:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed my report. I've had the best time writing it. :)

That macadamia nut cookie sounds delicious! Too bad for poor Carter that he couldn't hold out long enough for a bite. :rotfl: With all the rides, though, I'm not surprised he fell asleep.

Sorry that you weren't able to watch the parade. Once the boys are older, I would definitely recommend trying to see it again.

Kate, I love the way you write, it's like I'm right there with you!

I agree...cookies make everything better...even for me;)

I'm sorry you weren't able to see the parade. Hopefully things will be a little easier in Oct. It is amazing how strong babies are, isn't it! I'm glad I'm not the only one shocked and awed by baby strength. :rotfl2:

Those cookies sound delish! Wish I had a cookie right now! :)

Cookies make everything better no matter what age you are:rotfl:

That's true. You're never too old to feel better with a cookie. :goodvibes

That macadamia nut cookie sounds delicious! Too bad for poor Carter that he couldn't hold out long enough for a bite. :rotfl: With all the rides, though, I'm not surprised he fell asleep.

Sorry that you weren't able to watch the parade. Once the boys are older, I would definitely recommend trying to see it again.

It was very delicious. Carter would have liked it. I'd like to say that we were really nice parents and saved him some, but that would destroy the integrity of the TR. :rotfl:

I've never seen MSEP. I wish I could have watched it, but I suppose it will probably be around for awhile. I'll probably prefer Spectromagic anyway.

Kate, I love the way you write, it's like I'm right there with you!

I agree...cookies make everything better...even for me;)

Thanks! Disney cookies are extra magical. :wizard:

I'm sorry you weren't able to see the parade. Hopefully things will be a little easier in Oct. It is amazing how strong babies are, isn't it! I'm glad I'm not the only one shocked and awed by baby strength. :rotfl2:

Those cookies sound delish! Wish I had a cookie right now! :)

I do think things will be easier in October. Those nine months should make a big difference. And we are going to try and plan more downtime and make sure the boys don't get as overtired as Carter was that night.

Landon's strength is always surprising. He feels so light compared to Carter, that I never expect him to be that strong. :laughing: Of course, Carter never really struggles like Landon does or I'm sure I'd be surprised by his strength, too.

I actually saw some cookies at the mall today that I thought looked very similar to the cookies at Disney, but I didn't want to risk trying it. Either it wouldn't be as good, and then I'd be disappointed, or it would be just as good and then I'd eat them all the time and they wouldn't be a special Disney thing anymore.

Hi Kate, finding your TR very late in the game, but enjoying it very much. Your boys are so adorable. Loving all your pics.

Other than your last day how were crowds? We are right now trying, unsuccesfully, to pick a date for our 2012 trip. The second week of December is a strong contender but not sure about the crowds, and also did'nt realize it could get so cold in Florida. It was weird seeing people all bundled up especially after we were there in August. Though coming for the Northeast might not feel to bad. Our other choices are mid October or early February. I have two boys myself ages 4 & 6 who are asking almost weekly when are going back to Disney.

Glad I found your trip report, you have a great writing style.

OH, I wish you'd thought of the Cookie Option #2 sooner so you could see the parade! Hopefully next time the boys will be able to enjoy it too! :goodvibes

Hi Kate
Loving your trip report and Landon and Carter are so cute.
Lx

Hi! Welcome and thank you! :)

Hi Kate, finding your TR very late in the game, but enjoying it very much. Your boys are so adorable. Loving all your pics.

Other than your last day how were crowds? We are right now trying, unsuccesfully, to pick a date for our 2012 trip. The second week of December is a strong contender but not sure about the crowds, and also did'nt realize it could get so cold in Florida. It was weird seeing people all bundled up especially after we were there in August. Though coming for the Northeast might not feel to bad. Our other choices are mid October or early February. I have two boys myself ages 4 & 6 who are asking almost weekly when are going back to Disney.

Glad I found your trip report, you have a great writing style.

Hi! Glad you found me! Thank you!

Overall, the crowds weren't too bad for us. I would say it was sort of average. It seemed more crowded than it had during the same week in years past, but it still wasn't too bad. Of course, we tried most days to pick the park that would be least busy. If we had spent our last day at Animal Kingdom or Epcot, it probably wouldn't have been as bad.

We're from the South, so it felt plenty cold to us. :laughing: Really, October, February, or December shouldn't be too crowded. I've never been in October before, but I have high hopes for it. All the Christmas stuff in December is really cool. And February would be a good time to go. By February, I'm always sick of cold weather, and would love to go to Florida. So, basically, I'm not going to be much help at all. :rotfl:

OH, I wish you'd thought of the Cookie Option #2 sooner so you could see the parade! Hopefully next time the boys will be able to enjoy it too! :goodvibes

There were way too many times on this trip when I looked back and thought why didn't we just do such and such. Hopefully, we can cut down on that in October. I think we just timed the parade really poorly. We had one boy who was exhausted and another who had just woken up and was ready to play. They both loved Spectromagic in May, so I just assumed it would be fine. We'll do better next time. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter