• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

That's it, moved to FL to be closer to Mickey! Update 2/4 Kidnapped at WDW 10/03/09

Just getting caught up! I've missed a few days, sorry!

Glad you are all settling into the house. It sounds great! Do you think the dogs may be fighting because of the new place? Maybe territory issues? I have 2 small dogs and they fight constantly. Drives me nuts.

I'm so looking forward to my Tutto Italia adr! Reading about the food makes me hungry right now!!

I hope the start of school goes great for your DS!!!!

I enjoyed your update. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I'm enjoying writing one.

That was me! I'm glad you found it. The other thing is the key that Will was trying to get from Davy Jones. I never found that one, but RachelNinja did and it's in her trip report, too.

I'll look next time. Maybe we can go on a slow day and take our time.

Just getting caught up! I've missed a few days, sorry!

Glad you are all settling into the house. It sounds great! Do you think the dogs may be fighting because of the new place? Maybe territory issues? I have 2 small dogs and they fight constantly. Drives me nuts.

I'm so looking forward to my Tutto Italia adr! Reading about the food makes me hungry right now!!

I hope the start of school goes great for your DS!!!!

My dogs are fighting for alpha dog, but it also has something to do with me. They never do it just in front of JS, only me. The last time I took this metal clothes drying rack and banged it on the floor. It made a lot of noise and Bubblegum took off. No fighting since, so maybe I finally scared her enough.

Went to open house with Jacob on Thursday at his new school. Surprises me that it is a new school and they don't have central hallways, the classrooms open to the outside. It is fenced in though. He will have two teachers, one teaches reading and english, while the other teaches math and science. Had a meeting with them yesterday about his frustration issues and how he can act out. Also, got to see the Psychiatrist. One less worry.

Went to WDW on Monday to Epcot and DTD. Jacob only wanted to do the build a robot thing, but I had forgotten that it was being refurbished, or completely replaced. Does anyone know if they are bringing this back? We did finally ride Universe of Energy. That was a lot of fun. Jacob got scared in the dark parts. I was so stupid that day. Totally forgot about the boats from Epcot. JS reminded me when I got home. He says, "wow, there is something I know about WDW, that you don't".

Wednesday, we did DHS for Star Tours and then MK. JS had to work Wednesday night starting at 10:00pm:scared1: , so I figured we would get out of the house so he could sleep. We had just gotten off of Splash Mountain when Wishes started. Then I realized there was nothing in my little packet on my lanyard. Our AP's and my Disney Rewards Card with $50 still on it were gone.:scared1: So, stopped in the store right there at SM, spoke with a CM, she said to go to city hall to see if it was turned in. I went ahead and called Chase to cancel that rewards card and then headed to the front. Grabbed a Pineapple Dole Whip on the way out. Since I had JS's AP, it was no problem getting ours replaced (I have been keeping our lanyards in my backpack at all times). :yay:

All evening I thought I saw lightning. Of course as we get in line for the monorail, it starts to sprinkle. Just before we get on, it starts pouring. We made the mad dash from the monorail ramp to the tram line. It took over an hour to get to our car. Had a fantastic lightning show all the way home though. Finally got home at 12:30am! We had a lot of fun though.

Today we have to get all boxes out of the living room. Found a living set we want. It is a floor sample, if we had better go get it if we want it. Kind of worried someone will go buy it before we can get there. Guess if they do, they were meant to have it.

Oh, then there is TS Fay. Right now, headed right for us.

I will post part 2 of Day 7 soon. Everyone have a great weekend!:goodvibes

Sorry to hear about you losing your stuff at WDW.

I hope you get your living room set!

Thanks for the update. I hope you were able to replace all the stuff you lost. Good luck with the furniture & with Fay.

Sorry to hear about you losing your stuff at WDW.

I hope you get your living room set!

Thanks for the update. I hope you were able to replace all the stuff you lost. Good luck with the furniture & with Fay.

Well, we got all the furniture. Some of it is in the living room, the rest is in the garage. JS is starting to freak out that we still have all of these boxes.

Yes, Fay has me stressing out :scared1: . Last projected path showed a "1" hitting right near Tampa Bay. What do we do, buy more furniture!!! I just hope everyone closer to the coast will be ok, it sounds like the Keys may get hit hard.

great report and pics. Just found it and read it and really enjoyed it. Congrats on the new house. How exciting to be so close to Disney.

Can I ask the Mickey Photopass pic was that in AK and did you ask for for it?

Looking forward to more.

great report and pics. Just found it and read it and really enjoyed it. Congrats on the new house. How exciting to be so close to Disney.

Can I ask the Mickey Photopass pic was that in AK and did you ask for for it?

Looking forward to more.

Thanks for joining in. And yes, I am very excited to be so close to Disney. JS is excited because it means I will go for the day and he can stay home and play games or paint his figures.

Ok, I believe you mean the black and white Mickey photo. Yes, it was AK and I added Mickey in when I ordered my CD. It was one of the borders offered.

Thanks for joining in. And yes, I am very excited to be so close to Disney. JS is excited because it means I will go for the day and he can stay home and play games or paint his figures.

Ok, I believe you mean the black and white Mickey photo. Yes, it was AK and I added Mickey in when I ordered my CD. It was one of the borders offered.

aah. ok, I never seen that. thanks.

I would love to live down there and work at Disney.

So, we got some rest at POR and headed back to MK. While resting it had rained. Got to see a rainbow while waiting for the bus:

Rainbowwhilewaitingonbus.jpg

Made it to MK and it was pouring, so we dug out the rain ponchos. Of course by the time we dig them out and get into the park, it has stopped, but here is a pics with some of us wearing them:

Familyinfrontofcastle.jpg

Again, Jacob wasn't happy about having his pic taken.

OK, so Kara's Mom wanted her pic with Eeyore. I wanted one with her and Tink. If you look really close at Kara's lanyard you will notice all but one of her pins are Tink. The one is an Eeyore. So, I got this pic:
KaraandTink.jpg

From there we headed to Fantasyland. Got FP's for Buzz and did the Laugh Floor.

MonstersIncpic.jpg

And then it was time for:
BL.jpg

Jacob wanted to do the Speedway, so we hoped on it. For some reason this night, everyone was bumping each other. It was crazy. Here is one of JS after we bumped him:
Dadgettingrearended.jpg

And here is Kara practicing that driving.
KaraonSpeedway.jpg

She looks to be taking it seriously. She will have her license in October, not long now.

From there JS, Kara, and Jacob rode the teacups. I can't take spinning, so I waited and took pics. While waiting I realized Wishes started when I heard the "KABOOMS":

Fireworks.jpg

After the teacups we headed to Winnie the Pooh. Now at this point, the fireworks are still going off and I notice JS has a strange look on his face. I asked if he was ok, and he leaned over and whispered from that position in the park with the fireworks going off it sounded just like when they were getting shelled in Iraq, except for the sound of shrapnel hitting was missing. This was the first time I had noticed a real change in his behavior since being back from Iraq, except for having to sit facing the door in restaurtants. He couldn't hear it while on the teacups, so once he got off the ride, he wasn't really expecting to hear that sound. I just gave him a big hug and was glad when we made it on to Pooh so he wouldn't hear it anymore.

From there, we rode, Snow White, Mickey's Philharmagic, Peter Pan, and IASM (my first time to ride it).

When we got off of IASM, something set Jacob off, making him mad, and he decided he didn't want to be with us anymore, so he walked ahead of us. We were still in front of IASM and he was far enough ahead of us, people were looking around to see if there were parents attached to him. Luckily the park was really empty at this point.

So, from there we left the park. Basically this was the end of our trip. Kara would be leaving in the morning and it would just be the three of us again. Even though we weren't leaving the world, it sure felt :sad2: .

great update and pics.

i cannot take spinning either.

scary and sad that reminded him of Iraq.

So did you like IASW?

great update and pics.

i cannot take spinning either.

scary and sad that reminded him of Iraq.

So did you like IASW?

Yes, I did like IASW. It was really nice that it was a walk on. It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Of course, just thinking about it, I have the song stuck in my head.

Sad to hear that your trip is almost over. I too like IASW - its a bit twee but still sweet. Both my girls love it and sang it continuously in the car every day of our trip. The little one is still singing it. She also likes to watch videos of the ride on youtube!!!! When will it ever end?????

Hope you have settled in now and life in Tampa is going well.
Lx

Sad to hear that your trip is almost over. I too like IASW - its a bit twee but still sweet. Both my girls love it and sang it continuously in the car every day of our trip. The little one is still singing it. She also likes to watch videos of the ride on youtube!!!! When will it ever end?????

Hope you have settled in now and life in Tampa is going well.
Lx

Thank you, and life in Tampa is going well except for Tropical Storm Fay. Right now it looks as though it will go right over us. We are just southeast of Tampa and that looks like the path it is going to take. Rain is on its way now. WDW is already getting hit with the rain.

Jacob had his first day of school. They are out tomorrow due to the storm and the city using the schools for shelters. He seemed to have a good day. I sat in traffic for an hour waiting to pick him up. He thought I had forgotten him, but there was so much traffic for the school. Told him, next time I am pulling over and we will be walking. The exercise will do us good anyways.

HI! :yay:
Welcome to Tampa. I just read the 1st few pages and I wanted to welcome you to the area. We are in Riverview. We also moved to be next to the Mouse. Although DH's job thinks it was for relocation.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the area. There is so much to do for kids.

I'm off to read your trip report.

HI! :yay:
Welcome to Tampa. I just read the 1st few pages and I wanted to welcome you to the area. We are in Riverview. We also moved to be next to the Mouse. Although DH's job thinks it was for relocation.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the area. There is so much to do for kids.

I'm off to read your trip report.

Howdy neighbor. We are in Riverview also. It is such a small world.

You must have gotten back to MK right before we did. We were getting out of the car as it stopped raining.

I have never been on the teacups because I can't take the spinning either.

That's scary about the fireworks bothering JS. I hope it hasn't happened again.

I'm sad your report is almost over. :sad1:

You must have gotten back to MK right before we did. We were getting out of the car as it stopped raining.

I have never been on the teacups because I can't take the spinning either.

That's scary about the fireworks bothering JS. I hope it hasn't happened again.

I'm sad your report is almost over. :sad1:

I rode the teacups our first trip and had a headache the rest of the day. Can you do Mission Space? I can't even do the weakling side.

Guess your TR is almost over also. Guess I can't complain since we are so close now. Wish Kara lived closer to us. I had so much fun with her.

Ok, I just have to vent a little. Noticed today that my roof has leaked at some point in my bathroom!:scared1:

That isn't what I am most upset about. In order to qualify for homestead exception in the state of Florida, you have to be a state resident (most states waive this for military). So, went to get a FL drivers license today. Had my TX DL and my military ID card, even my Social Security card. They won't accept it, you have to have a birth certificate or passport. They have about 15 states that they won't accept their DL's as proof. But they will accept a piece of paper without my picture that anyone could bring in. I don't get it. Oh, and to register the vehicles, we have to bring both up there so they can verify the VIN's. I come from a small town and they don't even do that. Sorry, just had to vent. The lady at the DMV was very nice though.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering. Fay completely missed us and looks like when she swings back around, she will miss us again. Crazy!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Hey, Mellissa!

I'm working my way through your report . . . I'm about to read your first day at WDW.

Lucky girl to be moving so close and into such a great house!

Since you will be so close to WDW, you will have to come meet me at WDW when we make our annual trek.:drive:

Just might do that. I always look for lime green when I go to the parks.

Ok, since you are just starting to read my report, remember, I am no way a writer like you! Thanks for joining!

I will be at POFQ when you go for Halloween. I will have LGMH tags on my stroller. Please look for me too!!

Happy to hear you escaped the worst of Fay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter