• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thats funny i thought we were going to St Lucia-pre-trip

v-1

Beach Club Lover
Hi everyone:wave2:

For all those interested in having a read this will be my first attempt at a trippie. I hope I works out OK.

The Cast

ME = Steve 45 Chief planner, Organiser, Driver, Obsessive (I won't go on)

DW = Ali 43 Wouldn’t bother planning would just go and see what happens

DM = Loretta 69 Just loves all things Disney

Well it all started back in May 2008. We had not long returned from a holiday in Cyprus and while it was nice we didn't exactly find it a tropical paradise. It was very cold in the evenings we had to pay for heating in the villa and it really didn't get warm enough in the day to use the pool. Even though I did a couple of times But when things started to turn blue and shrivel up I thought I had better pack it in. After saying all that we did have a good time and to be fair to Cyprus perhaps we should have chosen our dates better. However we decided for 2009 St Lucia would be warmer climes and duly booked June the 3rd 2009 for 11 days. So the months tick by as they do a lot of work a little rest and less play counting down to St Lucia when October 3rd exactly 9 months before departure I hear this awful crunching sound and realise it is the sound of my wrist breaking into 12 pieces:sad:.(see below) At this point I had better quickly explain I drive a truck for a living and I was in Worcester loading a container which got stuck so I climbed up to see why when it slid backwards toward me. I had to dive out of the way and the only way was down about 10 feet onto the tarmac. Anyway after 2 weeks and four ops I am released from Worcester hospital ( where I received the most wonderful caring treatment that anyone could get anywhere thank god for the Dr's and nurses and the NHS) with 16 pins in my bones and scaffolding on my arm for the next 8 weeks.
Anyway my surgeon tells me not to book any holidays or make any plans for the next 12 months as I may need up to ten ops during that time. So we decide to abandon St Lucia and move our deposit to a Florida trip at the end of November 2009.
Then my DM decides to join us as it will be her 70th birthday and she would love to spend it out there. As it turned out I didn't need any more ops as my wrist is probably as good as it is going to get but hey we are going to Florida. So all I am waiting for is my 90 day window so I can book my ADR's

The plan so far :-

Day 1. Travel to Gatwick twilight check in for VS015. We have booked premium economy both ways.
We have always stayed at the Hilton in the past but after having really filthy worn out rooms on the last two occasions we decided to try somewhere different. This year we are staying at the Premier Inn Gatwick Central and we got a great deal in the sale £29.00 per room per night sounds good value to me it also has pretty good reviews on Tripadvisor and at least with Premier Inn you know what you are getting.

Day's 2 to 6 The Rosen plaza on I Drive

Then 7 nights at Disney's Beach Club resort

The ADR's I have planned are :-

Cape May's Cafe clam bake dinner ADR Booked
Ohana's breakfast ADR Booked
Coral Reef lunch ADR Booked
Tusker House lunch ADR Booked
Whispering Canyon Cafe lunch ADR Booked
California Grill dinner ADR Booked
Garden Grill dinner ADR Booked

We have also booked MVMCP for the 4th December

So that's it really just watching the countdown and enjoying the Dis Boards and looking forward to hopefully a great trip

Thanks for reading my ramble

Photo-01021.jpg

OUCH! I really winced when I read how you managed to break your wrist: :scared1:
Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Look forward to hearing all about it! :thumbsup2

Ouchy! That sounded so painful....glad it's heeling ok.

Looking forward to reading more of your plans, they sound fab so far.

Thanks guys :thumbsup2 As soon as i have done 10 posts i can add a pic of my x-ray.
Also as i finalise plans i will add them to my pretrip.

Hi all

For those interested I have added a pic of my x-ray.

Thanks for looking :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter