That wonderful coffee in Palo's

Pea-n-Me said:
hmph.gif
Palo's - Palo

:scratchin Gavina - Gevalia

:boat: Whatever! Just looking forward to my brunch and dinner at Palo next month! :rotfl:

You say Palo, and I say Palo's
You say Gevalia, and I say Gavina
Palo, Palo's
Gevalia, Gavina
Let's call the whole thing off!

:cool1: :cool1:

Oh, Johnna-Story - that's a pun on a song (Gershwin, I think), not a withdrawal of my request to find out the type of the Gavina coffee served at Palo!

Enjoy your cruise and all of your beverages of choice!

Someone asked whether they charge for espresso drinks. We had the brunch there early in the cruise. That is where I first had the regular coffee. Later, we went back for dinner, and my wife had capuchino (spelling??? :confused3 please don't flame me!) I had the coffee again, because I had liked it so much at brunch. My recollection is that there was no charge for the cap, but I'm not sure.

dannyb said:
You say Palo, and I say Palo's
You say Gevalia, and I say Gavina
Palo, Palo's
Gevalia, Gavina
Let's call the whole thing off!

:cool1: :cool1:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :teeth:

:fish: To be quite honest, when I'm on the cruise, I even like the Nescafe, :faint: and enjoy that first cup every morning! I do recall the coffee at Palo being very good, looking forward to trying it out again and seeing if we can get this name thing figured out. :duck: As this will be my first time on Magic, I'm also looking forward to checking out the Cove Cafe. I do like my coffee! :drinking1 ::yes::

Oh Pea-n-Me, that photo brings back some delicious memories ::yes::I was on a 4 day and managed DAILY visist to Cove Cafe.....to have a mocha coffee and spend a little time with my nose in a book. Enjoyed a cream puff and a cookie or two there also.

dannyb said:
Oh, Johnna-Story - that's a pun on a song (Gershwin, I think), not a withdrawal of my request to find out the type of the Gavina coffee served at Palo!

Enjoy your cruise and all of your beverages of choice!

Someone asked whether they charge for espresso drinks. We had the brunch there early in the cruise. That is where I first had the regular coffee. Later, we went back for dinner, and my wife had capuchino (spelling??? :confused3 please don't flame me!) I had the coffee again, because I had liked it so much at brunch. My recollection is that there was no charge for the cap, but I'm not sure.

Dannyb - I get the Broadway pun - cute! Will get back to you - and if you don't hear from me, feel free to bug me!! :sunny:

Johnna Story - are you pack yet? Hope you had a great cruise. AND, I hope you remembered to ask what type of roast they serve at Palo!

I sampled the coffee at Palo on our 1/21 cruise. It tasted much better than that which I had been drinking at the dining rooms during the week. I asked the server about it and he checked with the kitchen and said it is the same coffee they serve all over the ship. They indicated the difference is they have a better machine and serve it fresh. I don't know.... it didn't taste anything like I'd had elsewhere on the ship.

I will be having brunch and dinner at Palo next week!! :woohoo:

I will try to get this coffee thing settled once and for all. :rotfl:

NUHusky said:
I sampled the coffee at Palo on our 1/21 cruise. It tasted much better than that which I had been drinking at the dining rooms during the week. I asked the server about it and he checked with the kitchen and said it is the same coffee they serve all over the ship. They indicated the difference is they have a better machine and serve it fresh. I don't know.... it didn't taste anything like I'd had elsewhere on the ship.

That's what my hubby was told on the May repo....after about 3 days. our servers were on a mission for fresh coffee after the late dinner.....it wasn't easy, but they made sure our table got decent coffee....not stuff left over from the early meal. I guess they make it in HUGE amounts and use it til its gone......

I'd believe Palo serves better....if they make it right there...

I guess no one can find this out - - I'll ask DCL and post the results here if I ever manage to get an answer.

DannyB - if you can believe it, Sasha, our server at Palo (and the best server IMO) told me they serve Nescafe. I too agree that it is way better than the rest of the ship, but he said they have a contract with Nescafe and that's the only coffee they serve. Maybe it's better at Palo b/c they don't brew it in such large quantites there as in the other restaurants.

We had dinner there on our our last night; so then I thought maybe you needed to know the roast at Cove Cafe, but by then it was too late - I never made it there again.

Again, sorry for the delay (still unpacking!!) but I'm more sorry I couldn't answer your question. :(

I asked the name of the coffee and our server wrote this out for me:
Italian
Segafredo
Illy
Lavazza

Never could find it. I really don't know what this all means. Maybe somebody who Italian could help.

YES!!!

Coffee Bliss!!!

I think that's our answer. Sorry, Johanna, but I'm not buying the Nescafe answer :rotfl: , but I sure do appreciate your asking.

I did make an inquiry of DCL and will post here whatever I find out. I sure appreciate everyone taking the time to ask and to post here!

Dan

okay. i know you coffee drinkers are gonna think this is just wrong, but our travelling companions sometimes drink de-caf. does PALO(LOL!!)serve a decaf coffee and/or cappinccino? thanks! :tongue: :duck:

For the love of Marco: It's Palo people, not Palo's

There is no "s'"!
Was on Magic last week and cracked up when I saw this sign in Shutters. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Feb2006Cruise707.jpg

I also made a point of asking both Sasha (at brunch) and Anne Marie (at dinner) what brand of coffee was served in Palo and they both laughed and said "Nescafe, same as the rest of the ship, it just somehow tastes better when you're in Palo". :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter