THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!!! The Incredible(s) Trip to Disney

Have to see how this ends. Wish I had been able to read this BEFORE our September trip. Was the worst ever. LOUSY SERVICE, lousy food, rude castmembers, hot-hot-hot weather, all combined with trying to do too much. Lost all of the Disney magic. Would love to have a do-over right about now.
Will enjoy your account of the fun, though.

Why do I have this sense of dread after reading this sentence "Mean Queen and LL would kill me if I came back and said I'd missed this ride!!"?

You had some great character interactions. You better hope Minnie doesn't read about Mickey flirting with you.

The Wall of Mugs....! (cue choir of angels!)

WDW2008076.jpg

Looking at that picture right now, I see three or 4 mugs....at least!....that I shoulda bought! Rats.

I see one in the bottom left-hand corner that I DID buy!
(But that's not to rub it in. I'm just sayin'.)

Crazy I am. Taken leave of my senses, I have. Build or build not.... There is no try.

Yoda would be proud. :yoda:

Best. Light saber. Ever.

Dude.

Three little letters: HSM.....

Oh how we would grow to hate High School Musical.

Oh how happy I am that I never saw it!

. We were so focused on the Toy Soldier just ahead of us, that we almost walked right past the TSM Fastpass machines. Which were not yet sold out....at 10:45am!!!

:banana:

The return time was 2:55pm – 3:55pm!

Ah yes, the rewards of not rushing - as I will report in my TR, we arrived at the FP machines around 11 a.m. and were rewarded with FPs starting at 3:25 p.m.

And then we went to Narnia.

I don't know why, but just the way this sat by itself and was stated so simply made me laugh pretty hard.

As in, "And NATURALLY we walked right into that wardrobe and out the otherside. Duh!"

::drooldrooldrool::

Oh MY. I'm now wishing we HAD waited the extra 20 min. for this, ah, experience.

And DS11, with the Syndrome shirt, stopped Frozone dead in his tracks. He just looked at the shirt, then looked up at DS11. He shook his head in “disgust” and then made the move that will forever define this meet-n-greet.... He walked right up to the little autograph podium, ripped the Incredibles “I” symbol off it's heavy-duty Velcro base, put it in DS11's hands and made him cover up the Sydrome on his shirt!!!!

Dude!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

WDW2008109.jpg

Hy.Ster.I.Cal.

Alright now, I'm all caught up on your trip. It sounds like y'all had a great time and really appreciated and enjoyed some of the things we tend to rush through. Sometimes the characters are just full on funny, aren't they? We didn't get to see the Incredibles this year which is good. On account of the restraining order Mrs. I had sworn out against me after the "incident" last year.

Sometimes taking a slow start in the park when everyone is running is more fun. You may not be the first people on a ride, but you're almost guaranteed to enjoy the walk a whole lot more.

HSM is A TOTAL SUCKFEST!!!! I am so thankful my six year old hasn't landed on that or the dreadful Hoochie Montana thing yet.

We are not big WCC fans. We found the food to be less than stellar although it's a fun place to eat. And you can't beat the milkshakes.

:moped:

I'm really enjoying your trip report. DHS is my least favorite park but DH and I really want to see the Incredibles and have a drink at the Tune-in Lounge that we may make it there. I'm also making our own Incredibles T-shirts, since you can't buy them anywhere - DH was so disappointed, but shh... it's a surprise.;)

I love the way the characters interacted with all of you especially the boys. That is why there is no place on earth like WDW. Looking forward to reading more!

Just wanted to stop by and tell you good morning and I hope today is a happy one!! :goodvibes

I'm loving your trip report! You are such a good writer :goodvibes You crack me up! I too am anxious to find out why you won't ever NOT get park hoppers. I struggle with what type of pass to buy each time we go. Thanks for sharing. Will you ever tell us how you liked Toy Story Mania????

As for the mugs earlier, I HAVE to have the Mike Wizowski (or however you spell it) one. Absolutely one of my favorite movies ever!

That was the first one to catch my eye when I saw the picture and I cannot figure out HOW I missed it when I was standing right in front of it....:headache: It cracks me up and would have been a great way to start the day!

Awww. What wonderful character interactions you had!! :love:

You are completely right, that is what Disney is all about!

I am really worried about the totally sucky part coming up! :confused:

Oh and it is coming up.... Next installment! :rolleyes:

Have to see how this ends. Wish I had been able to read this BEFORE our September trip. Was the worst ever. LOUSY SERVICE, lousy food, rude castmembers, hot-hot-hot weather, all combined with trying to do too much. Lost all of the Disney magic. Would love to have a do-over right about now.
Will enjoy your account of the fun, though.

Ugh, sorry you had that kind of trip! This was our 3rd September trip and we've never had such problems (well, except the HOT part!!). Don't give up!

Why do I have this sense of dread after reading this sentence "Mean Queen and LL would kill me if I came back and said I'd missed this ride!!"?

Well, after all the drilling from you and LL re: getting those Fastpasses, I figured you guys would disown me if I came back and reported that I did NOT get to experience TSM! :rotfl: We did. Stay tuned.

Oh how happy I am that I never saw it!

Oh how happier I'd be if I never had....:scared:

Ah yes, the rewards of not rushing - as I will report in my TR, we arrived at the FP machines around 11 a.m. and were rewarded with FPs starting at 3:25 p.m.

Don'tcha kinda feel like the kid who didn't study for the test and still got an "A" out of sheer luck?!!

::drooldrooldrool::

That about sums it up.

Dude.

Alright now, I'm all caught up on your trip. It sounds like y'all had a great time and really appreciated and enjoyed some of the things we tend to rush through. Sometimes the characters are just full on funny, aren't they? We didn't get to see the Incredibles this year which is good. On account of the restraining order Mrs. I had sworn out against me after the "incident" last year.

:eek: .....I can only imagine.... Is it recounted in one of "The Battle"s??

Sometimes taking a slow start in the park when everyone is running is more fun. You may not be the first people on a ride, but you're almost guaranteed to enjoy the walk a whole lot more.

That's totally our style. I have more fun at a park at opening when the crowds have moved out and I can just take my time and take it all in.

HSM is A TOTAL SUCKFEST!!!! I am so thankful my six year old hasn't landed on that or the dreadful Hoochie Montana thing yet.

:rotfl2: Out of the mouth (or, keyboard...) of Zzub!!! SO, so well phrased! And I am confident that with such a dad as you, Zzubby will be well-guarded against such....umm...."stuff."

...And you can't beat the milkshakes.

Seriously.

I could've had endless refills of the shakes for dinner and called it done. I liked the food ok, but I loved the shakes.

I'm really enjoying your trip report. DHS is my least favorite park but DH and I really want to see the Incredibles and have a drink at the Tune-in Lounge that we may make it there. I'm also making our own Incredibles T-shirts, since you can't buy them anywhere - DH was so disappointed, but shh... it's a surprise.;)

I love the way the characters interacted with all of you especially the boys. That is why there is no place on earth like WDW. Looking forward to reading more!

Hi and welcome! If you do nothing else at DHS, find the characters! So worth it!

Just wanted to stop by and tell you good morning and I hope today is a happy one!! :goodvibes

Hey Smileybug! Where ya been?...I mean, 2 days with no "I'm bored when's the next installment"....

I was beginning to worry about you! ;)

I'm loving your trip report! You are such a good writer :goodvibes You crack me up! I too am anxious to find out why you won't ever NOT get park hoppers. I struggle with what type of pass to buy each time we go. Thanks for sharing. Will you ever tell us how you liked Toy Story Mania????

Aw gee....:flower3: Thanks for the kind words! I actually do love to write, and this is a good outlet for it. Glad you're enjoying the ride. Do stayed tuned...the next installment will answer your questions!!

You all had some AWESOME character interaction!!!!!!

DUDE! ;)

In all seriousness, this was a great update. I love reading about your adventures with the Incredibles (and...ahem...Prince Caspian).;) ;)

Honestly, I know how you feel on the excitement level. I don't know why, but put some of my favorite characters in front of me, and I'm just like a kid again. Seems like you are too. :goodvibes And that'll just make for some wonderful trip memories. :thumbsup2

I just spent an enjoyable evening interlude reading your TR! I love your writing style and your boys are precious! However, I have to ask -- where are you in the photos??? Hmmm? ;)

I cannot wait to read more! :goodvibes

After the most perfect of perfect character interaction sessions, we had just enough time before lunch for DH, DS11 and DS6 to ride Tower of Terror. DS8 still doesn't want to try it, and I've done it. Once. Before it was randomized. 'Nuf said. So DS8 and I went and had Mickey Ice Cream bars and sat in the shade for a spell. We debated who was having more fun, us eating our ice creams or them riding ToT. The vote was unanimous on our part: us! I snapped this picture while we were waiting, and I was so jazzed about the dark clouds being a perfect backdrop for ToT, that I failed to consider what the dark clouds really meant....

WDW2008110.jpg

The thrill-seeking trio emerged from the Plunge o' Doom just about the time I was starting to get all anxious over cutting it too close and being late for our ADR. I did that a lot, it seems. I have a problem with being late. Not that it doesn't happen. It's just that being late for some things carries a heavier penalty than being late for others. Being late for an ADR can mean forfeiting your I-called-180-days-ago table to some schmuck who made no ADRs whatsoever and thought he could just wing it during Free Dining....:headache: No way I'm giving up this table. It was another "missed it last time, NOT missing it this time" square on my well-planned list. I was checking it off as done, darn it!

Safely inside the Sci-Fi entrance, we gave our name and didn't wait long to be called. We were ushered down a long dark hallway that didn't seem like it was the right way to be going. I thought about asking "Are you sure this is the right way to be going?" to our hostess, but decided that either she must know where she's going, or she's new and doesn't know where she's going and instead of showing us to our car, she's actually going to end up showing the inner workings of The Great Movie Ride. Which might be cool. But we did end up in the right place and scored a front-row car! I was pretty jazzed about this, too.

WDW2008116.jpg

We had a GREAT server here. His name was Taoufiq, and he went out of his way to chat with the boys, took that picture, and just gave all around super service. I went out of my way to give him a great tip at the end. On the advice of so many DIS reports, we kept to the simple burger-and-fries fare and I have no complaints about anything we ate. And when it came time for dessert, I was happily surprised by their size - in the past I've been overwhelmed by these huge desserts and am always so disappointed that I'm nearly too full for another bite anyway. They were "just right" and the perfect ending to the meal. Between us we had the Chocolate Tart, Blueberry-topped Cheesecake, Apple Crisp and ice cream sundaes. YUM - O! Yessiree, I love me some sweet desserts.....

True to my guess, we were wrapping up this meal just in time to head back over to Toy Story Mania and make use of those Golden-Ticket Fastpasses. As we exited the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater, something was amiss....There was a change in the air. Alas, it was raining. Apparently, it had rained quite hard while we were partaking of our most recent installment of the Happiest Nom Ever, snug in our car and watching giant insects causing feeble womenfolk to faint. The stroller was soaked. We hadn't left much in the mesh pouch so nothing was harmed, but DS6 wasn't about swimming in his rolling throne so he opted to walk to TSM. Fortunately the rain had let up and the walk over was fairly dry, but the clouds remained so this time we parked under cover.

We had just enough of a wait in the Fastpass queue to be able to take a good look at the theming inside. It's a lot of over-sized toys and props and really a lot of fun.

WDW2008117.jpg

WDW2008118.jpg

WDW2008119.jpg

At this point, I don't want to give away too much of the ride itself, since it's still new, but I do have one thing to say (Mean Queen and LL, pay attention!!).....

FUNNEST. RIDE. EVER!!!!

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin has got nothin' on this! TSM is 3-D and interactive and there's something new and surprising at every turn....literally! I ended up with some ridiculously high score and beat the pants off everyone else in my party. As much as I wanted to ride it again, it was good to go out on a high note. :rolleyes:

It was right about now that I needed to remember how wonderful this day had been. That despite lingering at the entrance at opening, I had indeed gotten FP's for TSM and it was the Funnest Ride Ever. That despite enduring several obnoxious performances of HSM, we'd had the best meet-n-greet with The Incredibles and Mickey Mouse. That our lunch at Sci-Fi was a blast. Because as we emerged from Toy Story Mania and out into the street, the taunting rain shower turned into full on downpour.

Dude.

We turned right and headed for the sheltered area near the HISTK playground. As we passed the Backstage Studio Tour, we considered that for a moment, but were quickly deflected by the black-and-yellow barrier and CM's turning people away. Closed. By the time we reached the covered area, the rain was coming down in sheets. And blankets and throws and rugs and... Well, "tropical downpour" should give you an idea. We weighed our options. There was no sign of it letting up anytime soon. The sky was dark in every direction. So much for the 4:00 performance of Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show. Unless they had some jet skis to sub in for the motorcycles, and a couple of souped-up pontoon boats in place of the cars. But I doubt it. So that was out. Another "must do" bites the dust. The final consensus was for DH and DS11 to stick it out a bit longer and see what else they could get in. DS8 and DS6 and I opted to head back to our room, deflated but not defeated! I purchased 3 ponchos for the occasion, given the trek from the back of the park where we were, all the way out to the bus stop (POR is the furthest away at this park!!), and then trekking to our room once back.

And, once back, I took these pictures from our doorway.....

WDW2008121.jpg

WDW2008122.jpg

I turned on The Weather Channel for the 943rd time this trip, and waited for the local radar to appear. It mocked me. The first insult came by way of this rain being a way-far-away outer band from Ike. Ah yes, Hurricane Ike. How foolishly I thought we'd evaded your touch! You know in the scene from The Lord of the Rings where the Fellowship are all trying to escape the mines, and the huge demon is chasing them out, and Gandalf fights with it and finally sends it plummeting downward and just when you think it's been defeated and they are safe, it sends its whip up out of the depths and grabs Gandalf?? Such was Ike. This thing was sitting hundreds of miles away out in the center of the Gulf of Mexico!!....and yet this last outer band of rain was sweeping across central Florida, unwilling to let go. And the Orlando area was the only spot in all of Florida that was getting the rain at all!!!!!!!!! As I watched the radar loop suck this thin band of storms up and over the Disney World property, I waved good-bye to my one and only chance of seeing Fantasmic. That was the 2nd insult hurled at me by this storm. The rain wasn't moving east to west or west to east and making it only a matter of time before it cleared out. No, it was coming, and coming, and coming... up from the south, with no end in sight on this day. :sad2:

I decided then and there that I would never, ever again do Disney without Park Hoppers. It would have been worth the couple hundred dollars extra to have a chance to see the Extreme Stunt Show and Fantasmic. Weather crappy today?....no problem, we'll go tomorrow! But oh no, not us. My careful planning out of each day, each park, each ride and attraction, were finshed with this one rain storm. Done. Over. Kaput.

*sigh*

The bright side, the glass-half-full, if you will, was that at least I was in my Happy Place! If you've got to look out your window at a deluge, it may as well be a Disney-resort window, right?!

--------------------------

Next time: I've waited for this for just forever!

Incredible Quote:
Boy on Tricycle: [after watching the Parr Family defeat Syndrome over their house] Oh, man...
[shouts]
Boy on Tricycle: That was totally wicked!

Sorry a thunderstorm rained on your parade. But I'm glad you got to do TSM. Now you know why LL and I were both insisting you do the ride. I try to beat my last score, or at least my DH, each time we ride. And it's always different.

Sorry you had to do DHS in the rain. Last time we were there, it rained, too, but not enough to keep Fantasmic! away. But ya know what? You absolutely had what I would consider an awesome time at that park!

What a bummer about the rain! But I'm glad you had a good time at Sci-Fi and TSM!

And Dude. I totally know what you mean about the park hoppers. Except it didn't affect me in quite the same way, but more like, a hey, I am so sick of eating at Roaring Forks and we can't hop to another park kind of way. Like that. :lmao:

:goodvibes The words Funniest. Ride. Ever. have never looked so good. I am so glad you enjoyed it with your golden Fastpasses. The only thing I didn't like about my golden Fastpasses was that I got to the ride too quickly! :lmao: Just can't please a DISer. I wanted to see Mr. Potato Head! I missed him completely. I hoping by the time I go again I can do the standby and not be in it for 54 bazillion hours.

True to my guess, we were wrapping up this meal just in time to head back over to Toy Story Mania and make use of those Golden-Ticket Fastpasses. As we exited the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater, something was amiss....There was a change in the air. Alas, it was raining.

Hmm.

Because as we emerged from Toy Story Mania and out into the street, the taunting rain shower turned into full on downpour.

Dude.

DUDE.

Curiouser and curiouser.

If I didn't KNOW for a FACT that you were there before us I would SWEAR we were there on the same day as this is precisely what happened to us when we rode TSM (the first time).

Only the day totally ended differently.

But you'll have to wait to hear about that. ;)

By the time we reached the covered area, the rain was coming down in sheets. And blankets and throws and rugs

:rotfl:

You know in the scene from The Lord of the Rings where the Fellowship are all trying to escape the mines, and the huge demon is chasing them out, and Gandalf fights with it and finally sends it plummeting downward and just when you think it's been defeated and they are safe, it sends its whip up out of the depths and grabs Gandalf??

How much do I wish you'd named that kitty Eowyn right now?
How is she, by the by?

Oh how this made me miss The Living Seas preshow. ::sigh::

Sorry a thunderstorm rained on your parade. But I'm glad you got to do TSM. Now you know why LL and I were both insisting you do the ride. I try to beat my last score, or at least my DH, each time we ride. And it's always different.

Yes. Yes I do. :rolleyes:

Sorry you had to do DHS in the rain. Last time we were there, it rained, too, but not enough to keep Fantasmic! away. But ya know what? You absolutely had what I would consider an awesome time at that park!

That I did. :cloud9:

:thumbsup2 I loved your TR!!! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you're enjoying it! :goodvibes

What a bummer about the rain! But I'm glad you had a good time at Sci-Fi and TSM!

And Dude. I totally know what you mean about the park hoppers. Except it didn't affect me in quite the same way, but more like, a hey, I am so sick of eating at Roaring Forks and we can't hop to another park kind of way. Like that. :lmao:

No more base tickets. Ever. :headache:

:goodvibes The words Funniest. Ride. Ever. have never looked so good. I am so glad you enjoyed it with your golden Fastpasses. The only thing I didn't like about my golden Fastpasses was that I got to the ride too quickly! :lmao: Just can't please a DISer. I wanted to see Mr. Potato Head! I missed him completely. I hoping by the time I go again I can do the standby and not be in it for 54 bazillion hours.

DUDE. NO kidding. I had wanted to see him and the ride was over and I was in the rain before I even realized I had missed him!!!! :confused:

We are eating at Sci Fi in 3 days - I hope we get that car you got!!!!!

If it's not real busy, ask for one! The front was great. :thumbsup2

Hmm.

DUDE.

Curiouser and curiouser.

If I didn't KNOW for a FACT that you were there before us I would SWEAR we were there on the same day as this is precisely what happened to us when we rode TSM (the first time).

Cue Twilight Zone theme....!

Only the day totally ended differently.

But you'll have to wait to hear about that. ;)

Well get on with it woman!!!! :rotfl:

How much do I wish you'd named that kitty Eowyn right now?
How is she, by the by?

How much do I wish we'd named her that! Just the other day she was really getting into mischief and I yelled out "Millie, quit being such a...such a...POO!" Then one of the kids said "Hey she's Millie the Pooh!" to which I replied "Yeah well if we'd named her Eowyn like I wanted, and called her Winnie for short, she'd have been WINNIE the Poo!..." :lmao: Oh, and she's doing fine, thanks for asking! Getting big. But still 100% kitten!!

I'm banking all these names, though. Someday the kids will be out of the house and I'll name my cats whatever I want. I've already decided that when I finally get my own horse again, he'll be named Gandalf.

OR!....maybe Cap'n Jack! :love:

Awwwww, I just read your last update. Sounds like a magical day except for the unscheduled downpour. :upsidedow But with all of this talk of TSM it looks like hubby and I will be donning running shoes laced tight on the morning of our DHS day. I will have Mean Queens directions memorized to the amazement of my hubby. (I'm directionless. I get lost in the bathroom) The fantasy of getting a fast pass and a short stand-by line is giving me tingles. :goodvibes Moving on....I loved your picture of the TOT with the storm clouds in the background. How perfect was that?! :thumbsup2 LL may have some picture competition. And having little moments with our kids. Like sitting in the shade eating ice cream. All in all...sounds like a perfect day. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter