That was the BEST Most Magical Trip EVER!! (A Sept 2011 TR) [COMPLETED]

Our group had just gotten back to the Hub of Magic Kingdom to catch number one view of the Villain Shows!!

11-1.jpg

We situated ourselves over on the left hand side of the hub, preparing to make it over to Gaston & The Tremaines afterwards if there was some time, and got our cameras out and ready to grab as many pictures as possible!

12-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

15-1.jpg

Nick, obviously, was in heaven! As were us all, this show is a MUST SEE (obviously) if you’re at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. The show was AMAZING!!!!!!! HOOOOOLLLEEEEYYYY!! I (again, being a dancer) had been watching all the other shows/parades and stuff, and hadn’t really found one that even had what I would call “dance” in it. I later found out that the Castle Show, Beauty & the Beast, and the Bird Dancers in FOTLK are all equity dancers, and the parade people are “movers/performers” which makes sense, you can’t have super complicated stuff going on while you’re moving on concrete, and doing it for that long. But wow, this was some of the best performing & dancing I had seen yet this week!!

17-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

23-1.jpg

24-1.jpg

25-1.jpg

Here’s a video of the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnQ4FCHxegg

(not mine, found on youtube)

Now, here’s where things kinda get jumbled up (I had originally just clumped all the pics together, and then looking at my trip journal, realized how out of order they all were) We actually only met Facilier after the first villains show, then we did some wandering, and caught another villains show to meet Cruella & Captain Hook. However, thanks to things being all over the place, I’m grouping all of the photo’s together. Once the show ended, Nick knew he HAD to get Facilier, and luckily, we were on his side of the stage for this meet & greet. Once again, those pics are on the photopass, so they’ll be in soon!!

26-1.jpg

Amy jumped in line for Captain Hook, as she couldn’t pass up that opportunity! She had a minor panic moment during her meet & greet as her camera was buried in her bag, and she couldn’t find it, while all the rest of us were over in Cruella’s line!! Luckily, she found it just in time!

Now, Cruella, wow, she was AWESOME, just so, awesome! Let me tell you, they hire some GREAT people at Disney World. When Tyler went up, she asked him what he was supposed to be to which Tyler said “A crappy Jedi” Cruella of course wasn’t impressed, saying that if he was going to be a Jedi, he better be a legit one! :laughing:

27-1.jpg

28-1.jpg

The villains don’t stay out long after the show, as they have to get a break before doing the next show, so if you want to meet more than one, you’ll definitely have to catch more than one show, and you might want to split your party up in order to get who you want!

All in all: great experience!!

What was next on our list?! I bet you can guess…go ahead…guess now…if you thought “Character hunting?!” YOU GUESSED RIGHT!! It seemed to be a theme on this trip, and I was A-OKAY with it! Characters make Walt Disney World what it us, and add so much more magic to your trip! Even at our age, you’re meeting the real thing, that’s Mickey Mouse! And don’t tell me otherwise!! (ok… I’m not *that* dense). Knowing that there would be some Wonderland characters out, we headed over to the Tea Cups first, and saw the Hatter!! I’d seen some videos on youtube, and this guy is just GREAT, he’s hilarious, let me tell you, to be THAT quick on your feet (...improvisation feet….) is incredible, I applaud him! (I’m also going to throw in my favorite video of the Hatter here, it’s in Disneyland, and for the BRIEFEST second, you can see him crack, and he manages to crack Peter as well, you may have to watch it a few times to catch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82AFlJpjouk&NR=1 )

80-1.jpg

81-1.jpg

He was super talkative, and super schticky, he clearly didn’t like the boys, as he told Amy & I to get rid of them! And then he made Nick turn around for the photo, so the camera couldn’t see his face! :rotfl: Hilarity at its best! Instead of saying cheese, he also says “TEA!” Quite the funny guy!

82-1.jpg

83-1.jpg

84-1.jpg

He finally let Nick get in there for at least one pic! Just as we were saying our good byes, and about to leave, who comes bounding up but ALICE! REALLY?!! The 4 of us kind of had an “aww man!” moment, to which the Hatter said we could just get back in the line (there was probably only about 3 groups that would be ahead of us) Naturally, we did!

85-1.jpg

86-1.jpg

The Hatter of course, told Amy & I to at least try to get rid of the boys at some point, especially after:
Nick: “Why are you so happy?”

MH: “Sorry?”

Nick: “Well..you’re the *mad* hatter”

MH (along with me..and probably everyone else) *facepalm* Mad means crazy…like…whoo hooo!

Yup…not too bright…no wonder Mad Hatter thought we ought to ditch them!! :laughing: We said good bye (for real this time) to Hatter & Alice and moved around the park, back towards Liberty Square. Nick & I had *loved* our interaction with Tiana & Naveen last trip (they had commented on the fact that Canada had just had an election, and asked how we felt about the new Prime Minister, and then we talked Canadian politics for a bit. I’m by far sure that their best friends were Canadian!) so we wanted to jot around there and see if we could meet them. (Plus, last time we checked, Tiana was too busy at her restaurant, and it had just been Naveen!) They were out when we got there, and we jumped right in line, I don’t think it was too long of a wait at all. In front of us in line was a group dressed up like the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland characters, and one of both of them said that they were scared of frogs, or didn’t like frogs, so Tiana & Naveen came to hide behind us!

30-1.jpg

I hadn’t really been paying attention to what was going on, I just suddenly noticed Naveen was right behind me, and then clued in! Once the Alice gang was gone, we moved into the veranda, and started chatting with the two of them, and playing around.

31-1.jpg

32-1.jpg

I think one of the main reasons I love these guys so much is that they’re so out going! Another reason I lean more towards characters like them, Tink, Ariel & Rapunzel, they’ve got some spunk to their personalities. I find the regular Princesses to just be kind of bland…I dunno. These guys though, are amazing, never turn down an opportunity to meet them.

Since we were basically back at the hub, and I had a long lost love to meet, we headed back that way! Just a little intro on this matter: Gaston..wow…I don’t know what it is…but he’s definitely one of my Disney crushes (everyone’s got them..admit it) I remember once while watching Beauty & the Beast as a child that my mother even commented that I wouldn’t be Belle, I’d be one of the blonde girls that swoons over Gaston the entire movie & sees him as absolutely perfect even though he’s a complete narcissistic ****! Well, he’s dreamy…let’s leave it at that. Nick also was really excited to meet him, we had talked last year after the B&B show that we WISHED he was around, even to just grab a picture. Then when the disboards pulled up a rumour about Gaston being out at MNSSHP, I died a little inside of happiness. Obviously, he was our next meet & greet. Ahead of us in line was a young woman dressed up as blue-dressed Belle, and they started a little schtick of the “We’ll have 6 or 7!” “Dogs?” “No! Strapping young boys, like me!” To which we were talking along with. Next up, it was our turn!

46-1.jpg

47-1.jpg

48-1.jpg

142-1.jpg

Yup, that’s one good looking villain, agreeing with us, were Anastasia & Drizella, who were walking back for a break from their greets, and they swarmed him!

50-1.jpg

Hilarious! I love how perfect these guys are, it really shows how much they know about their roles & how much effort and thought they put in. Lady Tremaine managed to usher her daughters away, but not before Nick grabbed a picture of her (he did feel bad for flashing her so up close, but he wanted the picture!)

49-1.jpg

They were back before we knew it, so we jumped across over into their line, and I instantly thought about how often they accept proposals, Nick didn’t want to do it, (this is the point where I’m grouping together all the meet & greets, even though this happened later in the night, when Tyler was gone) so Amy, as she was a “boy” for Halloween, jumped in and we fashioned a ring out of a ripped piece of paper from my autograph book, and she proposed.

87-1.jpg

88-1.jpg

90-1.jpg

Jafar was kind of hidden, not even hidden, but on the side of the hub people weren’t paying attention to, and he had virtually no line, so of course we went over to meet him. He started laughing at how small Amy was, and how tiny her hands were compared to his!

140-1.jpg

141-1.jpg

Again, this isn’t the EXACT order that all this happened. We got Gaston before the parade, and then Tyler disappeared (he had gotten grumpy, realized it and decided to go ride rides) and then we did some more greets afterwards, but for the sake of organization, it’s we’ll pretend it happened like this!!

I LOVE that you guys found so many rare characters. Gaston? Wow! It seems to me that people get a little grumpy about the Halloween party. Lines are too long, didn't get to ride enough rides, etc. It's really refreshing to read your positive reviews of the experience.

Keep up the fun updates!!

I love your trip report! I have an entire year to wait until my next trip though, but I am going during the MNSSHP and now there are so many more things I want to hit up. :)

I did a quick edit of the photo you wanted.
6274884859_60610a8f1b_o.jpg

I've read your trip reports but never subscribed, so I'm definitely doing so now while I remember.

How exciting to have two trips planned! I hope your audition goes well - my boyfriend and I will be in Disney at the same time (though not auditioning - definitely not coordinated enough! ;))

I LOVE that you guys found so many rare characters. Gaston? Wow! It seems to me that people get a little grumpy about the Halloween party. Lines are too long, didn't get to ride enough rides, etc. It's really refreshing to read your positive reviews of the experience.

I was SO excited for all the halloween characters that were out! As soon as I heard the Gaston rumour I was estatic!:yay: I've seen a lot of negative reviews of the parties too! But it was the highlight of the trip for us!

I love your trip report! I have an entire year to wait until my next trip though, but I am going during the MNSSHP and now there are so many more things I want to hit up. :)

Thanks!! There's so much to do at MNSSHP, it's SUCH an awsome time!! And THANK YOU for the edit on the photo!!!

I've read your trip reports but never subscribed, so I'm definitely doing so now while I remember.

How exciting to have two trips planned! I hope your audition goes well - my boyfriend and I will be in Disney at the same time (though not auditioning - definitely not coordinated enough! ;))

Glad you came to say hi!! And sweet!! What dates/where are you guys going??

Love all the character interaction, especially with the villains!

Thanks!! The villians are awesome!! I find the Snow White queen to be actually scary, but the villians are always more fun to interact with I find!!

Next up on our list of things to do at MNSSHP: FIREWORKS!! As there was only one showing a night, and we knew we DID NOT want to miss it, we staked a spot near the right side of the Hub, over by Tomorrowland, and prepared to watch. Now, fireworks are incredible, and nothing else in the world could ever compete with Disney fireworks, and I definitely didn’t want to miss the special Halloween fireworks, however, for another trip, I figure if everyone has seen the fireworks, during that time would be a great time to go on tons of rides with no waits!!

However, we stuck around for the fireworks, and took lots of pictures! (of course!)

60-1.jpg

61-1.jpg

62-1.jpg

63-1.jpg

64-1.jpg

65-1.jpg

66-1.jpg

67-1.jpg

68-1.jpg

69-1.jpg

An obligatory action shot!! Although Amy & I knew it was happening, so I made a face while she smiled :laughing:

70-1.jpg

71-1.jpg

73-1.jpg

74-1.jpg

75-1.jpg

79-1.jpg

I love how the castle changes colors all through the firework shows; it just makes the whole thing more magical. Then again, of course Disney knows what they’re doing. At this point, the 4 of us started talking about what we were going to do next. Obviously, 3 of the 4 of us knew that we wanted to do Halloween things, and meet the characters that wouldn’t be out other days, while one wanted to ride rides. Well, the 3 to 1, Halloween things win. We made a decision that we were going to skip the parade, and head into Town Hall to meet the princesses and their princes. However, you’ll have to stick around to see what actually went down, who we got to meet, and what happened next!!

In other, real life news, how has everyone else's waits for their photopass been? It says mine was shipped on Sept 30th, the photobook on Sept 29th. I got the book about a week ago (which I LOVE, I'll post some pictures later!) but still haven't gotten the cd....should I be concerned? It said 14 business days, it's been about 20..:confused3

I'm just worried that it got lost in the mail, and my photos will expire before I can go in & order it again...

I have a feeling they could retrieve your pictures even after they're no longer available on the site.....however, I'd still call to let them know you haven't received it. It seems like it's taking too long, especially considering that you received the book a week ago.

Glad you came to say hi!! And sweet!! What dates/where are you guys going??

We'll be there the 15th-20th but technically the 15th is our Universal day! ABC Family has played the HP movies so many times during their Christmas movies special that it would be weird to do a Christmas trip without Harry Potter (or Dr. Seuss! If only there was a Peanuts land and a Narnia land..). ;)

I would call about your CD just because it's been forever and I'm impatient about things being delivered (oh online trackers, how you enable me).

Love the action shot faces and all the villains you were able to see! Jafar and Captain Hook certainly have... interesting faces. Lucky for Gaston that he doesn't have to deal with that!

Mine was shipped on September 26th and I received it after about 12 business days. You should probably call them, seems like they may have lost it?

We'll be there the 15th-20th but technically the 15th is our Universal day!

Will you be at the christmas party on the 16th?

We're really only going to be in the parks that day, doing all 4, then MVMCP, the 15th will be our audition day, and we have breakfast at 1900 park fare on the 17th.

And I've emailed about my cd now, so here's hoping it turns up soon!!

Our group headed into the Town Hall theatre to check out some royalty and see what Princes we could manage to get. Tyler didn’t want to get into the line again, and wasn’t into it, so he plopped down on the couch to watch Lady & the Tramp. When we saw the wait time, and then went back and fourth between going or not, it was then decided: we were going back out to watch the parade. We had met all the princesses already, and the only Prince I was interested was Flynn (along with everyone else who was in the line) so we left the line. Out in the lobby area, we saw that Tyler was gone! After waiting a while to make sure he hadn’t just gone to the bathroom, we exited the hall, and staked a spot for the parade, close enough that he could find us if he appeared out of nowhere.

He ended up never turning up, he went to ride Space Mountain over and over again, and just do some rides for the rest of the night.

91-1.jpg

92-1.jpg

Headless Horseman!! Awesome (and yes, this was on the other side of Main Street where we had originally sat down, then went to Town Hall, then found another spot!)

Here’s a video of the parade for anyone interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg4WLlnDDAU&feature=related

93-1.jpg

94-1.jpg

95-1.jpg

96-1.jpg

97-1.jpg

98-1.jpg

99-1.jpg

100-1.jpg

101-1.jpg

102-1.jpg

103-1.jpg

Peter Pan! We lucked out that we had a spot right up by the rope, and there was pretty much no one around us! Amy had moved over to right in front of Town Hall to get more head on photos for the parade. Peter of course, saw me, and came RIGHT UP! With some interaction, and then made sure that we could grab a picture together before he went running off, it was amazing! Wendy yelled at me “Tink! You always pull my hair!” To which I had to say “I’m sorry!!”

104-1.jpg

105-1.jpg

…..continued in next update…

As for a real life update, I have emailed about my photopass cd, and they said that they would be re-shipping it for me. I'm hoping that it gets here SUUUPER fast, so that I can actually get some of them IN the TR. So, I apologise that the updates will be coming rather slow for that reason!

Will you be at the christmas party on the 16th?

We're really only going to be in the parks that day, doing all 4, then MVMCP, the 15th will be our audition day, and we have breakfast at 1900 park fare on the 17th.

And I've emailed about my cd now, so here's hoping it turns up soon!!

Yes we will! I was thinking about it and we'll be there from 8AM till midnight (early Crystal Palace ADR). Possibly a bit excessive but I'm thinking no. ;) 4 parks/1 day sounds like a ton of fun; the most I've attempted is two.

The Headless Horseman is really cool and I didn't realize the Pooh characters had Halloween costumes! It's so cute (especially Piglet).

You guys sure know how to make the best of the MNSSHP!!

Haha! We do what we can! I definitely wanted to spend the time doing the Halloween stuff, as we only had one night to do all of it!!

Yes we will! I was thinking about it and we'll be there from 8AM till midnight (early Crystal Palace ADR). Possibly a bit excessive but I'm thinking no. ;) 4 parks/1 day sounds like a ton of fun; the most I've attempted is two.

The Headless Horseman is really cool and I didn't realize the Pooh characters had Halloween costumes! It's so cute (especially Piglet).

It'll be an intense day, that's for sure, but we'll be able to handle it!:cool1: Perhaps we'll see you at the party that night!!

107-1.jpg

108-1.jpg

109-1.jpg

110-1.jpg

111-1.jpg

112-1.jpg

113-1.jpg

114-1.jpg

115-1.jpg

116-1.jpg

117-1.jpg

118-1.jpg

119-1.jpg

120-1.jpg

121-1.jpg

122-1.jpg

123-1.jpg

124-1.jpg

126-1.jpg

127-1.jpg

128-1.jpg

130-1.jpg

133-1.jpg

134-1.jpg

Wow, so I am SOOO glad that we decided to stay and watch the parade, I think I would’ve regretted it if we had just been stuck in line for some princesses we had already met. I would say it’s definitely a don’t miss, especially if you can stay for the second one! AND if you plan on sitting on main street, there was practically no one around us, soooo many characters/performers came right up to us, or were able to stop for photos or something. An amazing experience overall, I LOVED it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter