That was one expensive holiday!: Day 10 – Magic Kingdom

wickesy

<font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y
We had decided that we would take it easy this morning and not rush to be at the park for rope drop so we weren’t up until 7:45 and didn’t leave the room until 8:45. As we were leaving I realised that somewhere after the tour yesterday I had lost my Passporter pen that I use for making my trip report notes. There was a bit of a queue at the Magic Kingdom parking booths but before long we were parked up in Pluto 19 and by 9:30 we were in the park.

First stop was Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin where I scored a rather pathetic 13,400 while Dad had a more respectable 109,900. With my head bowed in shame we walked round to Carousel of Progress where, as we waited outside, I realised for the first time that the whole building rotates. I had always thought that it was just the seating inside that revolved and there was an outer ‘shell’ that remained stationary.

After the much maligned Carousel, which I actually quite enjoy, we wandered round to Mickey’s Toontown Fair and boarded the train to travel round to Frontierland. When we got there I noticed that Splash Mountain seemed quite busy so we stayed on the train and returned to Mickey’s Toontown Fair to complete a lap of the park.

We wandered back to Fantasyland and into Pinocchio’s Village Haus, where I had a pepperoni pizza and salad and Dad had a turkey and ham panini, which we ate at a table overlooking It’s A Small World.

After we had eaten we went into Philharmagic just a minute or two before the theatre opened. The film was better than I remembered from last year and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

From Philharmagic we strolled through to Adventureland, picking up Fast Passes for Jungle Cruise before leaving the park and walking over to the Contemporary Resort for Dad to pick up a polo shirt he had seen earlier in the week but had not been able to get anywhere else. I certainly missed the convenience of being able to walk to and from the Magic Kingdom on this trip but the view we had at Animal Kingdom Lodge more than made up for it. As we walked along we saw a monorail go round to the depot and we stopped and watched the switch-beam move back to complete the express loop.

From the Contemporary we walked back to the Magic Kingdom to use our Fast Passes for Jungle Cruise and after the ride there was only one more holiday must do to cross off the list – we had a pineapple dole whip each, which were delicious as always.

After the dole whip we made our way out of the park and onto the resort monorail, which we rode round to the Polynesian Resort. We had a quick walk round there and, more by luck than judgement, found the walkway to the TTC and walked back to pick up the tram back to the parking lot.

We were back in the room by 3:30 and spent the rest of the afternoon on the internet and taking pictures from the balcony.

DSCF0171.jpg

DSCF0175.jpg

At 6:00 we went down to Mara and got an African stew each, which we took back to the room and ate on the balcony watching the animals.

DSCF0197.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

We were in bed by 10:00 and as we were going just around the corner to Animal Kingdom the next day we knew that we could have a lie-in again in the morning.

Tomorrow: Day 11 - Animal Kingdom & Illuminations

Great day David. :thumbsup2

I love Mickeys Philharmagic...it's one of my favourites. :goodvibes

It sounds like you had another great day David. My two fave things in MK are Pineapple Dolewhips and Mickey's Philharmagic too :thumbsup2

Carousel is my one of my favourite's and a 'must- do' each trip. Another great day.

Just have to try the Dole Whip. Great day

susan

I love dole whip,another great day:thumbsup2

I really like the Carousel of Progress, I find it very relaxing! I am loving your pictures from your balcony, it reminds me of how wonderful it is staying at the AKL.

Laur's princess:

I love seeing the photos from your balcony, I would imagine the evenings sat out there are so relaxing.

Your trip reports are serving to remind me of all the things I have missed so far ... opening parades, pineapple dole whips, Carousel of Progress, Boma... that's it, I'll have to go back this August, and the one after!

Another great day David.

Sara. :)

I really do love that view. It's like having a Safari Park in your back garden!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter