That was AWESOME Feb 7-16

Oscar T. Grouch

Earning My Ears
That was AWESOME were words heard constantly from my DS during our vacation. DS 4 and DD 7

Feb 7 - Flew out of Calgary direct to LAX, delayed due to snowstorm in Toronto. Went to downtown Disney and checked it out. Picked up tickets. Took over an hour to do as Disney could not find Westjet vacations reservation for one of the character dinners, thank heavens I had the printouts with me.

Feb 8 - Into Disney land. Took the train around the park. Rented a locker. $7 ouch. We did main street then hit Splash Mountain (numerous times), haunted mansion, Critter country, Pirates, New Orleans, the Pooh characters.
DS is scared of them. Walking really tired him out. Hit CA for the Electric light parade, and some rides. The zepher, jelly fish, orange. Were some of the last ones out of the park. Watched the fireworks from the balcony of the Camelot. Could hear a lot of the music that went with them.

Feb 9 - Went to IHOP for breakfast, then hit the hotel pool, cool water, but the sun was wonderful. DD and I then went to mainplace mall. I got each of the kids crocs. They loved them. A relaxing day.

Feb 10 - While DH went to the Drag races at Pomono, the kids and I went to Laguna beach. It was wonderful. Being from a landlocked province, it was wonderful for the kids to actually see a beach. The water was cold, but the sun, sand and area was wonderful. A nice park for DS to play in. I felt totally safe being there alone with the kids.

Feb 11 - Off to Disneyland again. We hit Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland. DS at four was terrified in Snow white. Just like the Pooh ride scared him yesterday. Buzz ride was a big hit, star tours was too, space mountain, and the dumbo, teacups, peterpan, mad toad, etc. Met Merlin, Alice, and Mad hatter. Very warm day today. We caved and rented a stroller for the four year old in the morning. With the rental at $10.00 it is better than a locker. We went to Goofy's Kitchen for supper. Having a smorg was nice, lots of choice, and quantity. Loved the cajon salmon. Character interaction here was very unorganized. Some characters we saw never did make it to where we were sitting. We did see Minnie, Goofy, Brer fox, Alice, Mad Hatter, and Prince Philip. Across in the restaurant there was a penguin, Pluto, they never came to see us. DD turned green on us in the restaurant. The sun had been too much for her. We ended up in the washroom for 20 minutes. We ended up taking a cab from that hotel back to our own hotel because of her feeling ill.

Feb 12 - Off to Seaworld just me and DD. SOme Mommy time for her. Grayline took us down, it was a foggy ride. Got to see some of the fire damage from last fall. Warm in the sun, cool in the shade. Saw the Dolphin show, sat in the soak zone and got wet, but dried quickly headed over to the Sealion show and it was funny. DD discovered frosted lemonade. Loved the cheap refills. Hit the shark exhibit, and the Artic one. This ride is fantastic. The belugas and the polar bears are great. Headed over to SHAMU. This is a fantastic show. We sat in the soak zone, and somehow managed not to get wet. Amazing show. The tribute to the hero's was touching and meant a lot to me that Allies were included in it too. We then hit the food, and the seagulls scared DD. We did the aquarium, the sea otters, the turtles, the dolpins, and then back to the shark exhibit. Loved the walk under. Grayline took us back. A wonderful day.

Feb 13 - Back to Disney. Did Tomorrow land, and Toon Town, and adventureland.This day just seemed to fly by without anything really being done, but we were busy the whole time. It was cool, and not sure if it was ever going to rain or not.

Feb 14 - My Birthday. I had my birthday button, and my birthday ears. Every single park employee we saw wished me happy birthday by name. Early admission was this day, we hit space mountain three times in a row, lines for Nemo were ridiculous, the Matterhorn bobsleds were open we did it, we did the monorail. We headed over to California. This day was the coldest day we had. Hoodies, and coats, and still cold. I LOVED soaring over California, the Cars were not there. We suited up to go on Grizzly and they would not let DS on it. At home he is 42.5 inches barefoot, in CA with shoes on he is not even 42 inches. A huge meltdown for him. We then went on Mullhand drive. The first lady let him on, the second time, they wouldn't let him on, another meltdown. So unfair to him. We went on the Sun Wheel. OMG cold up there in the wind, we did the swinging one, it is awesome. Headed through Bugs land, and met Atta. Went to the Backlot, and Monsters Inc was open, it was good. Would have loved to have met sully, really really wanted too. DD met Mary Poppins, (shocked at that), and SNow white. Then to Ariels Grotto for my birthday supper. Our reservation was at 4.20 and didn't get in till after 5. Not good for one very grumpy little boy. Met Princess Ariel, then in to supper. A very limited menu here, good food though. Character interaction set up very very well. We saw Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and a fairy god mother. I got a cake with a candle in it, and was sung happy birthday. Very nice. I then sent DH over to Pirates with DD and DS and I went back to the hotel and hot tubbed, and had some alone time.

Feb 15 - Our last day at Disney. DS very sad to go. Crowds the biggest we saw all week. Usually 45 minute or more wait. We wanted to hit our favorite rides on this day. Saw Dale on the way in the gates. Had to get a Fast Pass first one for Space Mountain, did star tours, did buzz, headed on the train over to adventureland, did the Columbia (was nice to see it out a first for us), Thundermountain, over and over and over. Pirates many times, and Space Mountain and Star Tours. DS is a roller coaster junkie, and was always, one more time Mommy. This day DH and DD went back to hotel before us. We did Thunder and Pirates a few more times. A little shopping and back to hotel.

Feb 16 - A sad day as we were leaving. Packing was accomplished and then back to LAX, through security, and more lineups with nothing to show for it, and another delayed plane. DS very upset to be leaving, DD looking forward to getting home, DH and I just plain tired.

Westjet vacations was a good way to go. The hitch with the disney charater tickets was minor, the week was enjoyed and we would do it again.

Any questions just ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter