• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

That "other" site is stating RSR refurb is being postponed

Girimama33

"I've disgraced the forces of evil."
This "other" site I am referring to, I feel really does it's readers an injustice considering all the rumors that get started and fueled over there... Now their homepage states the following:

Editor’s Note:August 27, 2013: Recalibrating: The one-week September rehab for Radiator Springs Racers has now been postponed. DCA Vice President Mary Niven wisely decided the short notice they were giving September visitors of the closure was going to be a PR nightmare, and she pulled the plug on WDI's plan. The rehab to fix issues in the loading station is being postponed until either early November or January, and this time they will give plenty of notice online once the dates are decided upon.

If they think doing the refurb in Nov or Jan will be plenty of notice...I think otherwise.

This is why I try not to believe rumors until Disney confirms. Sometimes I wonder if their "source" leaks incorrect information to see all of us get upset.....

This is why I try not to believe rumors until Disney confirms. Sometimes I wonder if their "source" leaks incorrect information to see all of us get upset.....

They seem to be incorrect quite a bit these days. I hate that they keep these rumors going, but thought I should post their update for the folks going the 3rd week of September that were wondering if this is actually going down for a week.
I try not to throw a hissy until Disney posts it officially. :goodvibes

I've noticed they've been wrong a lot lately too Girimama33. LOL, I try not to get upset too until it's official! Sometimes it's hard not too though ;)

So what week were yet saying rRSR was going to be down?

Ha Disney said anything in these regards?

We're going Sept 16-20 and ill be super mad if its down.

qckrun said:
So what week were yet saying rRSR was going to be down?

Ha Disney said anything in these regards?

We're going Sept 16-20 and ill be super mad if its down.

They were saying the third week of September, RSR would be down. Disney never confirmed this.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

They were saying the third week of September, RSR would be down. Disney never confirmed this.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

May I ask who the 'other' site is.

I'm kinda getting mad about the unknown because our trip is three weeks away.

May I ask who the 'other' site is.

I'm kinda getting mad about the unknown because our trip is three weeks away.

The other site is Mice Chat. They have some pretty good posts and pictures from the park. I also like to check out mouseplanet. They have pretty good info too

I absolutely love Mice Chat! Although I did have a bit of a panic since my trip is in October so I'm thrilled the refurb has been postponed.

The last page says this on this post of that site-

Editor’s Note:

•August 27, 2013: Recalibrating: The one-week September rehab for Radiator Springs Racers has now been postponed. DCA Vice President Mary Niven wisely decided the short notice they were giving September visitors of the closure was going to be a PR nightmare, and she pulled the plug on WDI's plan. The rehab to fix issues in the loading station is being postponed until either early November or January, and this time they will give plenty of notice online once the dates are decided upon.

See now I have to deal with that rumor and the btmrr rumor. We'll be there November 11th but at least we have two weeks so if rsr is just down for a week we'll be ok.

I like there is a Refurbish list. I use it as a reference.
It's nice to know what and when they plan to take an attraction down.

On our next trip, I know we'll need to ride Dumbo the first day or two we are there. It's slated to go down during our trip.

We have ridden all the rides at one time or another. This will be our 7th trip in 9years. We scheduled this trip for a MHP and the 10-30-13 re-opening date for BTMRR. Regardless of what open or closed, I know we will have a FANTASTIC trip in October.

My son has a saying...
"Spend time with your kids while THEY still have the time".
I'm happy to say my grandkids still have the time to spend with me!
I love going to Disneyland with my grandkids.

Geemo

I go with the list at the top of this board under planning(green bar). They only post "official" refurbishments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter