Thanksgiving?

PSU

Mouseketeer
Hi all - my DH and I and potentially (sister and SIL) thinking about Tday time..DH - how should I say -- hates crowds... (will only contemplate going to WDW only if not crowded)...am I crazy to think that that week might work? Thanks much for the reality check ;-)

Joining in. We're booked for Thanksgiving this year and I'm trying to get an idea about what to expect also.
Found a video from a few years back where the crowds appeared pretty light around the resort but I'd love more recent experiences to use a guide.

Hello! We just booked our trip for Thankisgiving as well. We are 185 days out so I have a few days to research before we make our ADR. What's the best way to spend Thanksgiving Day? In MK, eating at Liberty Tree Tavern or hanging around the resort and eating at a resort restaurant.. Possibly Artists Point.

Hi, OP and PPs - this is the Aulani board. You may want to post on the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies board. Hope your Thanksgiving planning works out!

We will be there over Thanksgiving as well! Hoping that we can all help keep each other posted if a special dining event comes available to make reservations for on Thanskgiving- right now, ressies are only open through Monday Nov 21st, and we're planning to eat over at Monkeypod that night. My husband suggested cooking a turkey in our villa and doing a traditional Thanksgiving - but I don't want to do THAT much cooking in Hawaii!! Boooooo. :scared:

We were at Aulani for Thanksgiving this past year. It was a great way to spend the holiday. It was unusually rainy this past year (our local friends, and staff at the hotel all made the same comment) but it did not stop our fun. This was our second visit to Aulani (previous visit was first week of August 2013). We stayed in a 2BR villa - cooked half our dinners in and went out for half.

The last few years there has been a special Thanksgiving buffet dinner held in one of the ballrooms at Aulani. Last year it filled up (two seatings) within a couple of hours. We went on the wait list and were able to get a spot pretty quickly. The dinner was fun and festive with live music and character photo ops. Another option for Thanksgiving dinner would be to get one of the pre-made Thanksgiving dinners from Safeway and then supplement with a couple of home-made sides. I might do that next time.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

We were at Aulani for Thanksgiving this past year. It was a great way to spend the holiday. It was unusually rainy this past year (our local friends, and staff at the hotel all made the same comment) but it did not stop our fun. This was our second visit to Aulani (previous visit was first week of August 2013). We stayed in a 2BR villa - cooked half our dinners in and went out for half.

The last few years there has been a special Thanksgiving buffet dinner held in one of the ballrooms at Aulani. Last year it filled up (two seatings) within a couple of hours. We went on the wait list and were able to get a spot pretty quickly. The dinner was fun and festive with live music and character photo ops. Another option for Thanksgiving dinner would be to get one of the pre-made Thanksgiving dinners from Safeway and then supplement with a couple of home-made sides. I might do that next time.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Was the resort crowded for Thanksgiving? We will be there too!

Just reserved the Makahiki online Thanksgiving Day at 5pm for a party of 9. there was no prepayment req'd. We didn't want the character buffet and this seemed like a great alternative. We were emailed a confirmation so I hope it holds.

Was the resort crowded for Thanksgiving? We will be there too!

It was crowded but it did not feel as crowded to us as when we visited Aulani in 2013 the first few days of August. We usually only travel during school breaks so we are used to the crowds though. Also, the weather was unusually rainy this past Thanksgiving so I think the crowds were a little lighter out at the pools.

Spoke to someone at the front desk at Aulani just now, and they said that there are still no plans for Thanksgiving, but to call back in a few weeks. (???) Yikes.

Were hoping to do the Thanksgiving Feast in the ballroom, please let me know if anyone hears anything. We are flying in that day, and hoping for an easy nice dinner to start off this leg of the trip. I called the hotel as well, Monday, they said just call back every day. They have had it for at least 8 years, but haven't heard anything yet this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter