thanksgiving

pnltbox27

Earning My Ears
any suggestions for the best place for thanksgiving dinner, there will be 8 of us, and have never been around a holiday

We have been to WDW the past 5 years during Thanksgiving and only one year did we make reservations for a Thanksgiving dinner (we were just happy not to be rushing and in WDW). The only place we tried was Tony's and this was in 2007. We were not that impressed with the food. The turkey was fine, but no one was a fan of the sweet potatoes (we like regular mashed potatoes). However, we did an early dinner and asked for outside seating. My plan was to have an unobstructed seat for the afternoon parade and it worked.

I had read on the DIS that staff at the restaurant keep people from climbing up and blocking the view. So it was nice and relaxing and special to be eating our Thanksgiving dinner with a parade in the background.

Last year we did Thanksgiving and got into Tusker house without ressies for lunch and they had added typical thanksgiving fare to the menu and we enjoyed that quite a bit. For our planned dinner we ate at Artist Point- they had a special menu and that was even better! I highly recommend.:thumbsup2

Never been during the holidays, but Liberty Tree Tavern serves a thanksgiving like family style meal for their dinner every night. It is turkey, ham, steak, mashed potatoes, stuffing, mac and cheese, green beans, rolls and butter, and salad, then usually an apple or peach cobbler with ice cream. We've been twice, going back in May and its been amazing both times. They meat is so juicy and tender. Its nice comfort food, especially for Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter