Thanksgiving - Were you lucky at 7 months?

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by CarolMN, Apr 26, 2013.

?

If you hoped to book BCV, BLT, BWV or VWL for Thanksgiving at 7 months, did you -

1. Successfully book your entire trip?

2. Plan a Split Stay and get it booked as desired?

3. Waitlist at least some of the nights you need?

4. Give up & decide to stay at your home resort?

5. Other - Please tell us more

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Since the 7 month window for Thanksgiving 2013 has been open for a while, thought it might be interesting to see who was able to book a complete WDW DVC trip that includes Thanksgiving?

AFAIK, the choices seemed to be limited to SSR , OKW, & AKV.

Care to share your experience?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Audray

Audray Mouseketeer

We booked our home resort, AKV, at 11 months and just switched at 7 months to BWV.

4. nolanboys

nolanboys DIS Veteran

We were able to get our split stay - 5 days VWL and 4days AKV Jambo. We wanted Kidani and waitlisted but it ddn't come through. Had a great trip though.

5. sweetdana

sweetdana DIS Veteran

I haven't gone in 3 yrs for thanksgiving.. but when I did I did SSR at 11 month and BC at 7 month.

6. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

I booked OKW (home resort) at 10 months and switched to Kidani, no problems!

7. Meredith71

Meredith71 Mouseketeer

I booked BLT lake view studio at 11 months and waitlisted VWL 1BR at 7 months. Just went through yesterday :cool1: So excited to try VWL for the first time especially while decorated for the holidays.

8. pouncingpluto

pouncingpluto 2005 WDW Bride

We are AKV and SSR owners, and I forgot to try to book BLT right at 7 months, missing by about a week. I had, however, booked the last three nights of our trip in Kidani savanna view (bc didn't have enough AKV points to book whole trip) at around 10 months, and I'm glad I did! I was able to get the first four nights using our SSR points, but I wouldn't have been able to get the full week at that time, had I needed to.

It's OK -- BLT is GREAT with a 2-year-old, for convenience, but she will really love the animals at AKV. What I really want, though, is VGF to open up, and to change our reservation to there.