Thanksgiving Weekend-Been There??

danielle_lynn

Earning My Ears
We are planning on arriving on the Friday (11/26/04) after Thanksgiving and would like to know which parks you have visited that weekend & which you would recommed for Saturday & Sunday?

Thanks,
Danielle

We will be there as well this year for the first time at that time of year and are interested in any info too.

HBC

We were there last year and did Epcot on Saturday. The lines for Test Track and Mission Space were long, but we hit those early and spent the majority of the day in the World Showcase. It was busy, but that park seems to absorb more people than the others.

Sunday we did Magic Kingdom all day through the MVMCP and it wasn't super busy and the knowledge that we were there for 15 hours allowed us to take it quite easily and still see everything without killing ourselves or waiting in long lines.

We usually arrive the Sunday after Turkey Day. Usually the biggest problem is getting a flight down because of holiday travelers.

We like going during the first week in December because the crowds are usually minimal. Wife loves looking at all the Christmas decorations at the parks and ALL the hotels. We always attend the Candlelight Processional. One of my favorites is listening to the acapella singers in the rotunda of the American Pavilion doing a Christmas music program.

Wife also loves getting a lot of Christmas shopping done (including for herself!) for the whole family.

It's really a great way to get ready for the Holidays!

I am also looking forward to all the Christmas decorations!

This will be our first trip to WDW and I just want everything to be perfect!

I have been doing alot of research on the boards and everyone is so helpful. I am a little stressed about arriving on T-day weekend so, I thought asking which parks to attend on those days would help ease the stress a bit.

Thanks for your help!
Danielle

We're hoping to be there during the same time too. Pixie dust to all for a great time!!

On Thanksgiving Day, The Magic Kingdom is total chaos as a rule.
Epcot is not that bad on Turkey Day.

Friday-MGM is usually your best bet. (everyone is still at the MK or thinking they are smarter than everyone else, they have headed to Epcot!)

Saturday-Great day for the Animal Kingdom.

Sunday- a lot of people are going home this day so the choice would definately be the Magic Kingdom. ( I have been to the MK the Sunday after Thanksgiving, 9 years now, and each time has been nearly a no wait if not total walk on!

Monday after Thanksgiving, Epcot.

It doesn't matter which park you hit after this, as the crowds are now gone for about three weeks.

Have fun!

ChristmasElf::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter